Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? (20058 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Must See!! The Word NIGGA / Why Is 'Nigger' Offensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Thirst4Lif: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2011
lol I'm waiting!!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Thirst4Lif: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2011
The thing is, when African Americans met with adversity, they did not flee the country like frightened children!

They organized and fought to gain the human rights they deserved.

DID YOU!!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Thirst4Lif: 8:18am On Apr 01, 2011
LOL Oh well, I suppose Tosinville is pondering my question! Get back with me when you have an answer Tosinville

Don't run away! Africans have done enough of that already!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2011
^^whats yo question, bruh? look man, i aint an african-american folk, feel me?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by ezeagu(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2011
Tosinville:

InkedNerd
Who told you negro & nigger are not the same? i dislike folks that argue blindly and you're really good at that. Negro is an old fashion/word for Nigger but some black ppl still make use of the one they prefer, madam.

You are wrong.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
ezeagu:

You are wrong.

Okay. Thank you for telling us so. I agree with Tosinville's statement though.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2011
niggaism cheesy

nigglet cheesy

niggarific cheesy

niggalicious cheesy

@ OP, I do consider it offensive. It's just a word though.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKd35EmCIx8

^^^^^^

One of the greatest skits ever.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by DeeJay20: 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2011
Dolemite:

Nigga = ignorant black person, eg Sani Abacha, Lil wayne, Flava Flav.

Negro = a black person, eg Nelson Mandela, Morris Chestnut.

Ermmm Abacha ?? lol
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
100001 offensive if called by white folks thou they dare not. The word nigga has come to stay so no need making fuss over it. Negro are commonly use by Spanish peeps.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Blazay(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
No.
The term has some elements of truth to it. kiss
If you are offended by such a term. . .it must hit a raw nerve.
If the shoe fits! cool
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by orbaxy(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
Ni**a is a word that subjugates your sense of equality.
Some folks have come to terms with it but as far as history is concerned, it connotes racism.

It was officially ruled out as an offensive language but words like 'coloured people" got widespread usage.

personally, am indifferent about the usage but some people find it sensitive. BUT if a white folk calls me "ma ni**a"
truss me, i'll punch his face to pulp.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Markenny(m): 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2011
yap,
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by chamotex(m): 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2011
Y'all niggaz are trippin' cheesy
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2011
I guess I'm amongst the few who don't particularly find "nigga" to be offensive; quite indifferent to it actually, and in some cases, I find its usage comical.

PhysicsMHD:

[img]http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6807807/NIGGAH-WAS-LIEK-THOSE-AINT-YO-NUGGETS.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Ronald-McDonald-Call[/img]
PhysicsMHD:

niggaism  cheesy

nigglet  cheesy

niggarific  cheesy

niggalicious  cheesy
grin grin Case-In-Point.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2011
So much for rising above lol. "Nigga" is so 1960. Literally. If anyone tries to use that term in a derogatory manner at me, I'll probably laugh at his or her face. They've stooped down to such an old and low level to hurt someone, and you want to follow them stoop old and low and vex, for what?

I'm sure we all have examples of annoying cousins or siblings. "STOP HITTING ME!" Only for them to hit you harder, right? If you ignore the hits, after a while, the cousin/sibling gets tired of hitting. Same thing with this. Ignore the word and it's significance disappears. Ok, I'm done preeshing cool
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2011
As long as you mean no offence I don't care more especially when the word "nigger no remove food from my mouth". grin grin
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by justin04(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
Call me ol skool, but I do.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by jamest3(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2011
@Babe, the N word actually came about due to the accent of Whites from the southern part of the US. When they pronounce 'Negro' it very much sounds like 'Nigga' to this day. I don't find it offensive, besides is Negro or Nigga your name? grin
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
@ Blazay, Ogugua88, Reality101, Orbaxy, ChinereyeN, James-t y'all Niggaz are oRn point! The rest of them {clears throat} peoples are just tripping! cool
I appreciate the rest of yalls opinions though! cheesy

@James-t, my name ain't Nigga, but call me a Nigga, and I really won't give two hoots! grin
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by jamest3(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2011
@Babe, My GIRL!! cool
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^ grin
Yay! My topic made the front page!!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy (I was wondering why everybody was coming here)
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by jamest3(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
Yay?? I bet you are in the US!!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^Yh! Texas chilling! smiley
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by ezeagu(m): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2011
ogugua88:

Okay. Thank you for telling us so. I agree with Tosinville's statement though.

Do you have a reason why you agree, like you researched it, or do you just agree because of what you think?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2011
BABE!:

^^Yh! Texas chilling! smiley

Chilling in my room
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^God don catch u! I've never even heard of Waxahachie TX tongue!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by orbaxy(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2011
BABE!:

^^God don catch u! I've never even heard of Waxahachie TX tongue!

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aieromon(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
What the hell
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2011
---are you doing here, if you have non' to say!?   grin
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by newguy1(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
im not african/america so got no effect on me and moreso ive had blacks calling themselves nigga an its cool it only offensive if a white person call  us nigga &we call the Bleep head or mugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Non-'chi' Igbo Names / Different Masquerades At The New Yam Festival Anambra State / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.