Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? (20056 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Must See!! The Word NIGGA / Why Is 'Nigger' Offensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by cold(m): 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
Maybe this track would put this argument to rest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeZhCt5PVA
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nekai(f): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2011
@Inked Nerd, that was the best video I've ever seen on this topic! I hope my boys will be as smart and well spoken as that little fellow.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by MaiSuya(m): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2011
just a word nothing more.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by orbaxy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
cold:

Maybe this track would put this argument to rest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeZhCt5PVA

This what you get when take lil' things like this for granted.
check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urpJ7iP-kFg

v v what you pointing @ wink
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by cold(m): 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^ huh
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by DamiKhojie(m): 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2011
It's more offensive to an African American and others who are descendants of slaves than it would be to a Nigerian or any African for that matter
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2011
ezeagu:

Do you have a reason why you agree, like you researched it, or do you just agree because of what you think?

Yes to both.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by stmarc32(m): 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
As long as ur black your allowed to say my Nigga, Nigga please, Nigger is different to Nigga, white ppl say Nigger , the ER comes out strong and its very derogatory, Definitely don't mind any son of the soil calling me Nigga.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by cold(m): 11:55pm On Apr 01, 2011
stmarc32:

As long as your black your allowed to say my Nigga, Nigga please, Nigger is different to Nigga, white ppl say Nigger , the ER comes out strong and its very derogatory, Definitely don't mind any son of the soil calling me Nigga.
This
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by 25omega(m): 1:40am On Apr 02, 2011
nigga please
what nigga
you ma nigga
jigga ma nigga
sup nigga
whats popping nigga
thats ma nigga
i punched that nigga in his face
that nigga dead
nigga you ignorant
yo, look at that dumb azz nigga
this nigga here
if you dont know now you know nigga
F#$k you nigga
nigga suck ma d!#k
this nigga is a p#55y
ammo slap the s#%t outta you nigga
nigga where ma money
you was born a nigga you gon die a nigga
drop dead nigga
nigga shut the hell up
sup ma nigga
this dude is ma nigga
ma nigga
F@#k you and F@#k yo moms nigga
eat a d#$k nigga
nigga stop talking to my girl
i shot that nigga
me and ma niggas get high
puff puff give nigga
i told that nigga
nigga 5 0
run nigga
nigga why you actting like a biotch
that b!tch nigga
that is a naughty woman asz nigga
that crack head nigga
that nigga dead
sup ma nigga,

using that word though it is spell differently still has a very negative conotation behind it as black people we shouldn't use that word because it was a word used keep our ancestors in a cage. if you will fight a whiye man for calling you nigger you should fight a black man for calling you nigga at least tell them to stop calling you that
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 2:00am On Apr 02, 2011
^^ Dude, is that a "copy and paste" material, or you actually typed all that out? cheesy
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Theblessed(f): 2:11am On Apr 02, 2011
[size=16pt]But, why would anyone (whether black or white) who respect/have dignity for him/herself ever use words likes this in their communication? 

It only indicates the level of illitracy and ignorance among some ghetto groups who still regard such word as cool.  Does it surprise anyone? And, if you're one of those, it's time you loose it ok, as it went with Ark and no longer cool.  So get a grip with current issues and stop living in the past - 1950's, '60's and '70's.
[/size]
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 02, 2011
25omega:

nigga please
what nigga
you ma nigga
jigga ma nigga
sup nigga
whats popping nigga
thats ma nigga
i punched that nigga in his face
that nigga dead
nigga you ignorant
yo, look at that dumb azz nigga
this nigga here
if you dont know now you know nigga
F#$k you nigga
nigga suck ma d!#k
this nigga is a p#55y
ammo slap the s#%t outta you nigga
nigga where ma money
you was born a nigga you gon die a nigga
drop dead nigga
nigga shut the hell up
sup ma nigga
this dude is ma nigga
ma nigga
F@#k you and F@#k yo moms nigga
eat a d#$k nigga
nigga stop talking to my girl
i shot that nigga
me and ma niggas get high
puff puff give nigga
i told that nigga
nigga 5 0
run nigga
nigga why you actting like a biotch
that b!tch nigga
that is a naughty woman asz nigga
that crack head nigga
that nigga dead
sup ma nigga,

using that word though it is spell differently still has a very negative conotation behind it as black people we shouldn't use that word because it was a word used keep our ancestors in a cage. if you will fight a whiye man for calling you nigger you should fight a black man for calling you nigga at least tell them to stop calling you that
bruh wth, u went and look for all these u made me laugh, thumbs up tho.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:52am On Apr 02, 2011
Are Nigerians ever offended but anything white people spew at them?

Delusional bunch.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by stmarc32(m): 3:05am On Apr 02, 2011
No one is living in the past, The same shit happening in the 60s 70s still happen now, for all my niggas out here ranting shit go n watch edddie griffin freedom of speech
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by eghost247(m): 5:45am On Apr 02, 2011
If you don't use it in an offensive way
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by juliusczar(m): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2011
My friends most you are ignorant of the fact that whenever a simple question is raised just check your dictionary and stop all these illiterate bla bla, The term Nigger or nigga is an American pigeon English derivative of "negro" which is a racial class of black people of sub Sahara African origin. Please stop disgracing Naija by tell the whole world that Nigerians are bunch of ignorant fools.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 02, 2011
juliusczar:

My friends most you are ignorant of the fact that whenever a simple question is raised just check your dictionary and stop all these illiterate bla bla, The term Nigger or nigga is an American pigeon English derivative of "negro" which is a racial class of black people of sub Sahara African origin. Please stop disgracing Naija by tell the whole world that Nigerians are bunch of ignorant fools.
And ur argument is?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by denitro(m): 9:34am On Apr 02, 2011
Memorable quotes for
Movie: Deep Cover (1992)

John Hull: Gerry, what's the difference between a black man and a nigger?
Carver: What?
[John Hull punches Gerald Carver in the stomach]
John Hull: The nigger's the one that would even think about telling you.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by naijangel7(f): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2011
How come the N-word is not censored on a site that censors the words r.e.t.a.r.d and s.t.u.p.i.d?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by 2ndThought(m): 10:12am On Apr 02, 2011
As offensive as watching our women sexualized and degraded with an uncanny acuity some of our earlier enslavers never really achieved. Yes!

As offensive as the depths some members of the hip generation stoop to, in pursuit of commercial success - case in point:http://www.thebvx.com/2010/11/16/daily-smh-rapper-is-ape-on-album-cover/

Sometimes you've got to wonder if we are now at a point where no "bridge is considered to far"; where ALL rules must be broken to achieve ephemeral highs!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by orby1: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2011
naijangel7:

How come the N-word is not censored on a site that censors the words r.e.t.a.r.d and s.t.u.p.i.d?

you have a point.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by chibaby5(f): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2011
@topic

The word has negative connotation hence why sum ppl wunt wanna b adressed with such.
Its only reasonable as which 'normal' 'reasonable' human being wud want to be associated with negativity?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by DEjoessy: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
understanding the very essence of the word nigga with it's slavery stigma will help you determine if to be offended or not so for me it's a personal thing
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Yorubah(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
You can use a word Nigga on me if you re black dude like, But u dare not use it on me if you are white cos imma call urs too, Purky lol
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by 25omega(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2011
BABE!:

^^ Dude, is that a "copy and paste" material, or you actually typed all that out? cheesy
nope not copy and paste i typed it cause i know people who talk like that. this is something i take seriously so the effort was worth it

Donlittle:

bruh wth, u went and look for all these u made me laugh, thumbs up tho.
didn't look for it i know those phrases  wink
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by andyanders: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
THAT'S ANOTHER NAME AS "SLAVE" FROM NEGRO. SO POSTER, THINK BEFORE YOU CALL SOMEONE THAT NAME. IF YOU CALL ME THAT NAME "NIGGA" I WILL STICK MY HAND INTO MY POCKET AND BLOW OFF YOUR HEAD.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
andyanders:

THAT'S ANOTHER NAME AS "SLAVE" FROM NEGRO. SO POSTER, THINK BEFORE YOU CALL SOMEONE THAT NAME. IF YOU CALL ME THAT NAME "NIGGA" [b]I WILL STICK MY HAND INTO MY POCKET AND BLOW OFF YOUR HEAD.[/b]

that Nigga craazy
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by newmusic: 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
All these niggers jus dey make me laff ahhhhhh
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by ezeagu(m): 12:04am On Apr 03, 2011
ogugua88:

Yes to both.

Negro is an old word for a 'black' person, or a person of African descent. It is not an old fashioned word for 'nigger' because the word 'nigger' is old fashioned itself, even Queen Elizabeth the I of the 1500's used 'neger'. Someone who identifies as Negro identifies as this because they grew up in the era when black people called themselves Negro's (which is why there is no nigger), even African features today are still referred to as 'Negroid' features by anthropologists and it is generally not considered racist. Don't make the mistake of calling someone who identifies as Negro a 'nigger' just because you think the two words are the same, because they are not. Negro is still used in other countries that speak Romance languages to refer to black people, and it just means 'black'. Nigger is a corruption (or mocking) of 'Niger' and is meant to insult everything it is to be a person of African descent, it does not mean 'ignorant black person', it would mean 'black people, they are all a joke'.

A good comparison for 'Negro' and 'nigger', would be 'Black' and 'Blackie', I hope you can agree that 'Blackie' is not the same thing as 'Black'?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Non-'chi' Igbo Names / Different Masquerades At The New Yam Festival Anambra State / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.