Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded (67502 Views)

Jojo, Saudi Lady Marries American Christian, Sparks Outrage / Young Lady Marries Old Man In Anambra (Photos) / "I Want To Get Pregnant" Nigerian Lady After Seeing This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Membis333: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Na wa oo, this young babes self they use to choplet big and matured something in between their legs without fear of how old the thing is.... If Bobo beg them for the they go de do nyanga hmmmm. Happy married life
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by oluwaseyi0: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Wisiba3160:
Lady and

you are a fraudster
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Molahnelson(m): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2021
alizma:

That is not the case, I am not from the Eastern part but I have spent enough time in the East,both in their villages and city to know a lot that happens there. Once a lady is impregnated and the boy responsible denied strongly or ran away without accepting the responsibility, the family in an attempt to save their image, that of the girl and at the same time protect the unborn child will give the lady's hand in marriage to any man, usually an older man that is willing to accept the lady as his wife in that condition. By doing that the unborn child, when delivered become his child. However in some part of the East, the child has every right as the man's child except that he cannot be allowed to lift the family's Ofor or so.
An average Igbo girl know what will befall her if she allowed herself to get pregnant outside wedlock.

Please elaborate more on this what will befall her
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Quality20(m): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2021
Harrykn:
This man go show am shegge
pls what is shege? I dont what u mean in ur sentence
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by fnep2smooth(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2021
alizma:

That is not the case, I am not from the Eastern part but I have spent enough time in the East,both in their villages and city to know a lot that happens there. Once a lady is impregnated and the boy responsible denied strongly or ran away without accepting the responsibility, the family in an attempt to save their image, that of the girl and at the same time protect the unborn child will give the lady's hand in marriage to any man, usually an older man that is willing to accept the lady as his wife in that condition. By doing that the unborn child, when delivered become his child. However in some part of the East, the child has every right as the man's child except that he cannot be allowed to lift the family's Ofor or so.
An average Igbo girl know what will befall her if she allowed herself to get pregnant outside wedlock.

which part of the east do u stay
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by nzeobi(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2021
SIRRITE:
The real father will burst out one, or the child will look for his father one day.
Oga in many communities in the south east, any body that pays the bride price owns the child. That is why you see that there are less baby mamas from the South East.
A man who gets a woman pregnant is a sperm donor and not a father, keep your baby mama culture to your self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by codemaniacs: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2021
bukatyne:
This is my problem with woke people.

Instead of you to understand the reason behind a custom, weight the merits/demerits, fine-tune if required or shelf:

You will just jump like omni-knoweth and yarn dust.

Not everyone wants to give birth to a bastard and would take a cultural life line to have their kids raised under the social protection and advantages of a family.

The solutions to the practice are simple:

1. Abstain (never fails)
2. If you can't abstain, use protection
3 if you can't do 1 and guarantee two, sleep with a responsible man.

Babe in the picture is old enough to make her choices.

what if the lady falls sick and dies...

stop defending nonsense...

if the lady's parents are still alive, they can help her out...

if the lady's parents are still alive and they don't want to help her then the culture/tradition that supports such parents is rubbish...

the lady's parents, uncles, aunts, siblings, cousins e.t.c any of them can help out...

culture and tradition that promotes stigmatization and discrimination of single mothers must be condemned not supported/defended...
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Trustedpro: 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
Way forward!
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Mummymahdi(f): 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:
It is not new, with this marriage the biological father can not come back to claim the child.

But do people still feel shame when pregnant outside wedlock that would push this lady to get married because I know this was prevalent in the 80s and 90s mostly to men who are widowers or couldn't father a child.

It's still very shameful to have sex out of wedlock and shameless to b pregnant., its immorality at its peak that makes it normal in some places
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Mindlog: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mummymahdi:

It's still very shameful to have sex out of wedlock and shameless to b pregnant., its immorality at its peak that makes it normal in some places

It has been normalized thus being a baby daddy or baby mama is being glamourized.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Godbless3(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
Katier00:
I don't have a problem with the man being old but this man don't look normal to me. I know this is heartbreaking for the parents but I can't give away my daughter just because she got pregnant. Make she bon the pikin and continue with her studies or life. This man is a nightmare o

You mean the studies of getting and born into your house and continue the studies again and again and again?
I have seen a man who have help his 1st daughter to 3 abortion without getting to know who got her pregnant.
She is again out with akporo/cult boys smoking weed.
The second daughter who am not sure to finish sec. sch is also be smoking weed with her sister and friend.
She fvck up and down.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Godbless3(m): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Molahnelson:

Please elaborate more on this what will befall her

The child and the mother will be outcast (osu) and there are certain place and things the child/parent can't do or partake in.
I'm not an igbo but i known a little about their culture and tradition.
Tradition is tradition, you can go to big cities and be olosho if you like.
Western civilisation has destroy our culture.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by ruffhandu: 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Some you don't understand the reason for this. It may not necessary be for economic reasons. A clan in Lokpaukwu in Abia State called Amokwe. They do not accept bastards from their daughters. If you get pregnant, you must be married before the child is delivered, it is an abomination not to. In cases like that, this thing will happen.
But note, after this marriage, if the girl tear eye, she can actually get a divorce traditionally and become free. The child remains for the man who had paid her bride price earlier.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Iseoluwa2050(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
winkthis is an End time section of marriage

But will she got marry with Old man without MONEY shaa this is an End time section of marriage

But will she got marry with Old man without MONEY shaa
this is an End time section of marriage

But will she got marry with Old man without MONEY shaa

1 Share

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by djon78(m): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Godbless3:

The child and the mother will be outcast (osu) and there are certain place and things the child/parent can't do or partake in.
I'm not an igbo but i known a little about their culture and tradition.
Tradition is tradition, you can go to big cities and be olosho if you like.
Western civilisation has destroy our culture.

Exactly
Tradition is the only way to protect our culture
And make people responsible
Living life anyhow has it's repercussions
And this neglect of culture has seriously undermined Africa

In the coming years
Those without respect forculture will see the outcome
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by majamajic(m): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
YoonSung79:
Marrying someone you don't love?

As if the man will still live for ever
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Yankee101: 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
Women, carry belle with wisdom

Allow him marry you first if possible
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by CBARRY1: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
WHO IS OLD ?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
That man looks like a seasoned pussy-pounder...very rugged-looking old man
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by AreaFada2: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Dreyton36:
Fresh kpekus for old gbola

But what make the girl think pregnancy is a shame, something people are praying for, till now Linda ikeji no know who give her Belle undecided but she's happy

Imagine old man they nack this fine babe kpako kpako all night

@Righteousness89 come see something yeye fowl

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Her family and presumably her culture believe it is a shameful thing. Her family arranged the older gentleman, we are told.

Her opinion hardly matters. Knowing her culture she needed to be more careful.

Before someone says blame the sperm donor too. Well, as we can all see, the sperm donor is not the one on FP now. It is her.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by MrMacinterchi1: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
Romanoff:
He looks like he's her father and he's giving her out on her wedding day.
does father kneel with their daughter when giving them out?

You see it now?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Romanoff(f): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

does father kneel with their daughter when giving them out?

You see it now?

They weren't kneeling in the first picture, were they?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by MrMacinterchi1: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
Romanoff:

They weren't kneeling in the first picture, were they?
they were still processing in the first picture. is that the only picture you viewed?

Go back and check all the pictures and get a comprehensive understanding of the picture.

and again , father and daughter do not sew same uniform on wedding days. either traditional or church.
you know this, don't you?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Romanoff(f): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

they were still processing in the first picture. is that the only picture you viewed?

Go back and check all the pictures and get a comprehensive understanding of the picture.

and again , father and daughter do not sew same uniform on wedding days. either traditional or church.
you know this, don't you?

It's based on the first picture that I made my comment.

How does it even bother you?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by brandsoncharlie: 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
Katier00:
I don't have a problem with the man being old but this man don't look normal to me. I know this is heartbreaking for the parents but I can't give away my daughter just because she got pregnant. Make she bon the pikin and continue with her studies or life. This man is a nightmare o
Because he's not rich, grin grin what's the difference between this man and Nedwoko?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by MrMacinterchi1: 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Romanoff:

It's based on the first picture that I made my comment.

How does it even bother you?
lol.
It doesn't.
Just that your comment wasn't correct- which you made without knowing and on wrong base .
That's it. I just called your attention to it.

Now that you have known, enjoy your day.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by brandsoncharlie: 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Queenlovely:
so many fools with foolish opinions everywhere,

when everyone is too opinionated, it causes progress to stall, it's either my way or the highway.

you went to her wedding, took a photo and start open gossip about somebody, sometimes I just hate social media.

is she a baby? she is an adult and knows what's good for her,
So why are you pained about what other people do ?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by brandsoncharlie: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Romanoff:
He looks like he's her father and he's giving her out on her wedding day.
What Nedwoko you people approved of?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded by Katier00(f): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Because he's not rich, grin grin what's the difference between this man and Nedwoko?
Ned and Regina got married without any interference that is the difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love / I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? / Danielson Bamidele Akpan Proposes To Etini Etukudo On His Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.