Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? (3824 Views)

I Lied To My Igbo Guy That I Am Pregnant..will He Forgive Me?? / Ever Lied To Your Romantic Partner? / Ever Lied To Your Partner And Get Caught?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by blacklion(m): 5:50am On Apr 04, 2011

WTF?!?!?!?!?
Probably coming from someone who has not faced racism or job bias outside naija b4. Useless

And you know this how?

You think every one is like you that lied for visa/green card/residency and your entire life is now a perpetual lie?

Some of us would rather die on our feet as Nigerians than live on our knees apologizing for being Nigerian.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Xfactor2(f): 5:50am On Apr 04, 2011
blacklion:

If you ashamed to identify with your husband's nationality that you even hide it, I strongly advise and encourage you to divorce your husband and marry your fellow SA man so you will not have to hide your shame any more.

As for your wimp of a husband that denies his fatherland just so that he can eat for today, tell him to stay back in SA. We don't need his type back in Nigeria.

Nonsense and ingredient!

Your levels of stupidity are stupefying.
I'd rather be having my Nigerian husband, living in my beautiful home, driving my luxury cars, having my children in good schools thank you very much.
So perhaps you can keep your ignorance of the world to yourself Sir. Even when we have to do funding requests/proposals with government departments here I represent his interests and if not that we would not even have what we invest in Nigeria so why don't you shut up and keep eating ghari and water while we enjoy life my ignorant friend.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by blacklion(m): 6:03am On Apr 04, 2011
LOL! You think every one in Nigeria is a desperate rat like the manchild you call a husband? The wimp who prolly lied on his mother's head to get SA visa? I just hope he did not marry you for residency papers.

Pls spare me your BS. I know your country and people too well. Your heads are still too messed up from apartheid. You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge reality.

Look at the way your people treat the Mozambicans and Zimbabweans who suffered so much for your freedom. Their countries were destroyed in order for your people to enjoy your freedom today. Yet, your leaders are forever busy thanking the Scandinavians and Australians but never bother to even acknowledge the Zimbabwe and Mozambique that gave them shelter and succour during apartheid.

You black SA people are all just a bunch of ingrates, including your god Mandela.

The worst thing about South Africa for me is that the best experiences I have ever had while visiting South Africa or interacting with South Africans abroad in other parts of Africa or in Europe and North America is when I am with white South Africans. Its a shame to say but almost all of my negative experiences were with black South Africans. The most stupid comments about Africa I have ever heard from South Africans is from black South Africans. Even with white former members of the SADF and NP, I still have positive engagements but the blacks? They actually think South Africa is an island off the coast of Europe!!!smiley Its utterly unbelievable amazing!!!
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Xfactor2(f): 6:11am On Apr 04, 2011
blacklion:

LOL! You think every one in Nigeria is a desperate rat like the manchild you call a husband? The wimp who prolly lied on his mother's head to get SA visa? I just hope he did not marry you for residency papers.

Pls spare me your BS. I know your country and people too well. Your heads are still too messed up from apartheid. You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge reality.

Look at the way your people treat the Mozambicans and Zimbabweans who suffered so much for your freedom. Their countries were destroyed in order for your people to enjoy your freedom today. Yet, your leaders are forever busy thanking the Scandinavians and Australians but never bother to even acknowledge the Zimbabwe and Mozambique that gave them shelter and succour during apartheid.

You black SA people are all just a bunch of ingrates, including your god Mandela.

The worst thing about South Africa for me is that the best experiences I have ever had while visiting South Africa or interacting with South Africans abroad in other parts of Africa or in Europe and North America is when I am with white South Africans. Its a shame to say but almost all of my negative experiences were with black South Africans. The most silly comments about Africa I have ever heard from South Africans is from black South Africans. Even with white former members of the SADF and NP, I still have positive engagements but the blacks? They actually think South Africa is an island off the coast of Europe!!!smiley Its utterly unbelievable amazing!!!

Any yet somehow you missed to see everything you just said in my first post when I spoke about Xenophobia - yes stupid is as stupid does. You probably one of those lil ppl who love the sounds of their voices too much. An you doing the derogatory thing on me and my husband only serves only to confirm that you so small and insecure you need to insult someone else to feel better about you and justify your state of failure as a man if that's what you are. Have a good life.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by deniyor: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
blacklion:

And you know this how?

You think every one is like you that lied for visa/green card/residency and your entire life is now a perpetual lie?

Some of us would rather die on our feet as Nigerians than live on our knees apologizing for being Nigerian.
I did not lie to get a visa/green card or residency . I went through very legal and open channels. But I have lived the life of bias and I know. So stop being judgemental and stupid. IF you haven't walked in others shoes, don't judge them. Better still STFU!!!
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
It's hard for some people to understand who haven't actually traveled around or left naija all their years.
Naija people generally don't have a good rep out here, especially among other africans countries, though SA seems to be getting out of hand.

With the silly things naija peeps do, other parts of the world (US/Canada/etc . . . much less so in Canada which is very diverse) could potentially give you stress too, but they generally have better things to do than profile you as a nigerian. They just throw you into the "black" lot. As it is, unfortunately, wisdom demands that it is first important to stand out as a person of character and integrity before you start disposing your nationality to anyone who doesn't need to know.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
2buff:

I understand the guy. But instead of lying, he should have politicianed the question away until a time when she's already comfortable with him.  cheesy

I have seen first-hand the shear terror in a girl's face when I told her I was Nigerian  tongue

are you sure that was because you said you were nigerian, or simply because she found you terrifying terror-inducing regardless of your nationality.

try to smile once in a while, get a nice haircut, turn to Jesus and eschew evil, and stop being so negative all the time, honey.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Look at tpiah all calm now. tongue
I suppose that week was that time of the month for you.

Ok let's squash our beef[b] that you started[/b] and be friends again. deal?
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^sweetums, were we ever fighting?

i just noticed you were missing me so much and i felt bad because i know without me nl is very dull for you. wink
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Tosinville(m): 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
Oops!^
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 04, 2011
<points finger at tpiah>

Stay away from me ooh tongue
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by adconline(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hypocrites are  at it again! Who is really proud of being a Nigerian? The politicians who send their kid abroad to study? The politicians who brandish all types of academic certificates from Universities  to non-existing online foreign degrees?  Captains of industries who brag about their foreign educational backgrounds. The businessman who brags that he imports  all his products from China and Taiwan? The banks that line up to do round tripping for their customers who buy foreign exchange? The average Naija who brags about his latest designer outfits imported from overseas? The Naija radio DJs who rule the airwaves with fake foreign accents? The cars we drive? American spec is a requirement? Naija politicians who are 'proud" to be in Nigeria, because there is soo  much money to be made from looting in Naija than from any other legitimate business in this world. So when someone who is not a Nigerian says that she encounters xenophobia because of her CHOSEN relationship with a Naija man, dont crucify because we Nigerians know how to talk, but cannot walk the talk.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^ kpele don't mind them.
They just need to step out of naija from time to time is all.

But seriously, shouldn't you have sued those police? Your's seems to be even more serious than I ever knew.
You should always have a recordable phone with you, the type that as you record it already throws it on YouTube. that way you have more evidence of these things cuz I'm sure, wherever you are, those people acting like that towards you are in violation of law.

People can only really get away with that jazz if they were living in North Korea.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by roymary: 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2011
Tpiah is too ugly to vote. They thought she was the missing Bigfoot.  lipsrsealed
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by chei: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
adconline:

Hypocrites are  at it again! [b]Who is really proud of being a Nigerian? [/b]The politicians who send their kid abroad to study? The politicians who brandish all types of academic certificates from Universities  to non-existing online foreign degrees?  Captains of industries who brag about their foreign educational backgrounds. The businessman who brags that he imports  all his products from China and Taiwan? The banks that line up to do round tripping for their customers who buy foreign exchange? The average Naija who brags about his latest designer outfits imported from overseas? The Naija radio DJs who rule the airwaves with fake foreign accents? The cars we drive? American spec is a requirement? Naija politicians who are 'proud" to be in Nigeria, because there is soo  much money to be made from looting in Naija than from any other legitimate business in this world. So when someone who is not a Nigerian says that she encounters xenophobia because of her CHOSEN relationship with a Naija man, dont crucify because we Nigerians know how to talk, but cannot walk the talk.
Just because you are unpatriotic doesnt mean other Nigerians should.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by adconline(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
You are delusional on what constitutes patriotism. People like you confuse patriotism with blind followership. Please go and tell "patriotic Nigerians" to start doing things in a patriotic way. You are here shouting patriotism, while the government and INEC are unable to organize elections
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Xfactor2(f): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2011
2buff:

^^ kpele don't mind them.
They just need to step out of naija from time to time is all.

But seriously, shouldn't you have sued those police? Your's seems to be even more serious than I ever knew.
You should always have a recordable phone with you, the type that as you record it already throws it on YouTube. that way you have more evidence of these things cuz I'm sure, wherever you are, those people acting like that towards you are in violation of law.

People can only really get away with that jazz if they were living in North Korea.

2buff we tried. I was so traumatised I couldn't let it settle. But at the end the lawyer told us we'd only be eligible for R10 000 which is about $1400 todays rates. It really wasn't worth it, and especially because from the Director at the police station they were doing everything to not cooperate. The detective came to our house to "interview" and I think he thought he 'd find people doing shady stuff instead it wasn't the case. After his visit we actually moved house so they wouldn't find us, it was clear from the interview he was trying to cover up for them. What we later came to realise was that it was their modus operandi in that area and they were doing it expecting us to pay them. They deal drugs and extort money from foreigners because being illegal they can't report, it was a real terrible time. To cut it short, we followed up until we had to give up, we could get no one to respond and you know how man don't talk but I could see it was affecting by husband bad so I dropped it.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by BloodShed1: 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2011
I've never ben ashamed of my heritage. I'm so overly patriotic that it pisses people off. GOOD!!

Some girls are surprised when I tell them I'm Nigerian, apparently I don't look Nigerian, they expect me to take that as a compliment. Some turn out disappointed, but I just tell them to F off. Simple.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 16, 2011
Nigerians are cool. My dad thought my moms parents(igbo) would treat him like c r a p because he's AA, but he said they treated him like they've known him for years. All of my experiences have been good. Why should Nigerians be ashamed? They're the most educated group in the U.S.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by MMM2(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2011
Op
Sorry ‎​A̶̲̥̅
♏ not from 9ja•
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by 9jafetish(f): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2011
X_factor:

Any yet somehow you missed to see everything you just said in my first post when I spoke about Xenophobia - yes silly is as silly does. You probably one of those lil ppl who love the sounds of their voices too much. An you doing the derogatory thing on me and my husband only serves only to confirm that you so small and insecure you need to insult someone else to feel better about you and justify your state of failure as a man if that's what you are. Have a good life.

no offence but i don't think the police beat u up because u married a nigerian, i think they did it because you were black.

SA is known for its racism

btw sorry
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by claremont(m): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2011
@OP: I proudly represent 9ja anywhere in the world I go, I wouldn't have it any differently. Anyone who doesn't like me simply because of the reputation (deserved/undeserved) of my country, is better off F-UCKING OFF. I can't stand such people as well!
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nayah(f): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2011
To be honest, I've never done that because that's who I am and the person has to accept it this way plus startin a relatioship by a lie it's not very interesting
Besides I really enjoy my background and I am very proud of what my parents have transmitted to me: African values
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by 9jafetish(f): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2011
but again yeah it is hard to be nigerian ,and i'd hate to be a full one. thank the lord i am only half.

so goodluck to rest of u guys.
btw x-factor is right.

lol
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nayah(f): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2011
9jafetish do you mind if I ask you why this is difficult to be Nigerian?
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by claremont(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2011
9jafetish:

but again yeah it is hard to be nigerian ,and i'd hate to be a full one. thank the lord i am only half.

so goodluck to rest of u guys.
btw x-factor is right.
lol
I simply don't understand what you mean by the above-highlighted. Take it or leave it, but there are some of us who have set national records (academic and/or career-wise) in foreign countries, and our being Nigerian has not made us loose any respect we deservedly got from our foreign counterparts. I will argue that my being Nigerian has played a major role in motivating me to set myself apart from the other's in terms of project achievement. Who cares whether people generalise or not, what matters is that I and so many other's are setting legendary examples for others to follow!
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Nayah(f): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2011
And sometimes when some people see you're evolving they prefer bashing you, Nigerian might not be perfect but they are not monsters or whatever, I think you should learn to be tougher and confident, understanding that nobody's perfect, none country is perfect, just show the best of your country and put it on relief

What do Nigerians do than the others don't?
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by Princek12(m): 11:22am On Aug 16, 2011
Being ashamed of being a Nigerian has to do with the inferiority complex within a person, not the stigma that is purportedly associated with being a Nigerian.

Proudly claiming to be Nigerian has brought me nothing but praises and punny from akata girls and girls from other African countries, as they recognize that the average Nigerian guy is an embodiment of street smarts, enough book smarts, and an overall good person. You can't say the same about black guys from other countries. I guess that's why Nigerian men are highly sought after.

Going to an African gathering and claiming to be a Nigerian guy brings instant credibility and puts at an advantage over guys from Namibia, Liberia, Ghana, Senegal, and the like.

Many Nigerians do good business, and if the good ones among us are not claiming to be Nigerians, how will we help fix the bad image our country supposedly has. We can at least dilute the negativity.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by bknight: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
that's one thing i wont do jst to get a girl? then she aint worth my package.

not even to own an oil block in d emirates? or own d whole of wall street or even take over dow jones? wtf
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by MrsChima(f): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2011
To someone that said that Nigerian men are sought after. 

Just because 5% of white women chase black men doesn't mean Nigerian men are sought after.  Nigerian men are AGGRESSIVE when it comes to pursuing women regardless of creed or nationalities.  It is the Nigerian men that are doing the MOST pursuing and not the other way around.  Let's just keep it real. 

Some sought for real love and some sought for green love.   

To answer to Nayah's question, Nigerians are the same like the rest of them.  I also know other Africans who are not Nigerian possessed the same things that person said Nigerians "embodied".

Again, you wouldn't tell the difference unless someone shout out their creed.
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by 9jafetish(f): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2011
lol whats so difficult about being nigerian are nigerian men. they are cheaters and liars
Re: You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? by 9jafetish(f): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2011
lol yeah nigerian men are agressive , u tell them no but they still chase until they get ur punny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Met Her Yesterday nd d First Thing She did was Ask Me For Recharge Card. Na Wa / Why Are Igbo Women So Desirable? / Who Is Your Best Nairaland Moderator In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.