Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump (22248 Views)

Moscow Has Forgiven $23billion Debts Owed By African Countries – Putin / Over 30 Millions Americans Have Voted As Early Voting Starts / Trump Ordered Attack On Americans For Photo Op Swagger(must Watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Golan007: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2021
tj2018:

You need to have your head checked.. .seriously

Or maybe you need better education.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Obakoolex(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2021
favour32:

What did you say to a priceless scholar?
Faulty home training from birth.
I swear so many uncultured persons on nairaland, shows a lot about there home training

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by faoogoke(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2021
AfonjaMuslim:
The same idiot that supported Buhari

You get liver and you don't fear God. You call someone old enough to be your grandfather Idiot.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Obakoolex:

I swear so many uncultured persons on nairaland, shows a lot about there home training

You mean the dude who mocked his fellow black man's wife because of her ethnic group should be respected? Y'all overrate this respect of a thing.

faoogoke:

You get liver and you don't fear God. You call someone old enough to be your grandfather Idiot.

Someone who collected money from Amaechi to support Buhari and had his child become Commissioner of Health in Ogun so he could support a man who was entered power when he (Soyinka) was 50 years old doesn't deserve respect.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by ThatFairGuy1: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2021
AfonjaMuslim:
The same idiot that supported Buhari
Yes, he's still better than your father
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

You lack common sense.

Is he more valuable than Trump. Person wey no get worth again for him country due to his selfish interest in 2015.

Who is Wole Soyinka in world affairs.

Gerrarahia kid.
Not at all surprised.
Street urchin with madcap characteristic.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by emecheboy2(m): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by alphaNomega: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Soyinka thinks too high of himself. Americans don't need your forgiveness. Good luck getting a new American passport

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by pacespot(m): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2021
Golan007:

Without Trump in this life the whole world is doomed.

The world needs to beg Trump.

In fact, the world needs to worship him.

Someome needs to point this fool to where Trump's sh*ts are deposited so that he can have some meal. Fool, go and worship him, even kill yourself for him. sad
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by kudusman(m): 10:02am On Jan 21, 2021
hmm well said....being an alien he couldn't have said more...
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Niorte: 10:15am On Jan 21, 2021
Prof should know that well-meaning Nigerians have not forgiven him for throwing his weight behind Buhari in 2015.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by pacespot(m): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2021
The words of a wise man, he turned his back on America when they voted in that racist amoeba because he knew where the country was headed. Look at where America is today, can you compare it to Obama's era when the economy was booming, everybody was happy, except some toxic white supremacists. And don't play the pandemic sh*t on me, America is not the only country affected by covid-19 but they are the worst affected because of their incompetent president in Trump who chose to fight with WHO's head rather than listening to the warning and confronting the raging virus head on to keep his country safe.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Mr Soyinka does not know anything about politics.

For him to call Trump racists shows that he watches CNN everyday.

Anyway, i am not suprised by his comment, most academic are marxists aka liberals

Trump is not racist yet he called Mexicans immigrant criminals.

He insinuated that Nigerians lived in huts.

Haitians all have AIDS

Immigrants should rather come from Norway than shithole countries in Africa and the Caribbean.

He called coronavirus kungflu.

He accused a Mexican judge of being able to recuse himself.

And many more.

You people think he is just being blunt.

But there is a difference between bluntness and rudeness and discrimination.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by marsman: 10:34am On Jan 21, 2021
PHijo:

No, the US made the right decision and corrected it!

At least if not anything, I am glad America has her own Buhari in Biden. When they are through with America, Americans will regret the day Obama was elected.
Only igbos see the buhari in biden.
PS:Trump was never going to support your failed online country, he never gave a mess
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by SirBunky85(m): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Golan007:
Well spoken Kongi.
pls what's the meaning of kongi?
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2021
alphaNomega:
Soyinka thinks too high of himself. Americans don't need your forgiveness. Good luck getting a new American passport

Which one is American passport again?

The professor is a Nigerian citizen, and he has a Nigerian passport.

He is mostly a visitor to the States where he gives lectures at their best universities. He doesn't need the green card anyway.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2021
Abovebest:
How people support Buhari and hate Trump amazes me

grin You me both should be supported?
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Chris2863(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2021
Yorubas and foolishness shaa
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Golan007: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2021
SirBunky85:
pls what's the meaning of kongi?
The name come from a fictional character from one of Soyinka's work - Kongi's Harvest.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Adakintroy: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2021
Dullard.

Thank God I was smart enough pre university to avoid all his books.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2021
favour32:

Not at all surprised.
Street urchin with madcap characteristic.

Tell that to your elder brother.

You are a big FO...OL
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Adakintroy: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2021
Dullard.

Thank God I was smart enough pre university to avoid all his books.

Part of am for de live in me. Imagine.!
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Trump is not racist yet he called Mexicans immigrant criminals.

He insinuated that Nigerians lived in huts.

Haitians all have AIDS

Immigrants should rather come from Norway than shithole countries in Africa and the Caribbean.

He called coronavirus kungflu.

He accused a Mexican judge of being able to recuse himself.

And many more.

You people think he is just being blunt.

But there is a difference between bluntness and rudeness and discrimination.

Show me the video of where he said all these things...no one video exist
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by PHijo(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2021
marsman:

Only igbos see the buhari in biden.
PS:Trump was never going to support your failed online country, he never gave a mess

It foolish to assume everyone is Igbo here. If you were not lazy you would have done a little background check.

By the way what is there to be proud of your offline country?
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by eddyslim(m): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2021
Mumu man
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by marsman: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2021
PHijo:

It foolish to assume everyone is Igbo here. If you were not lazy you would have done a little background check.

By the way what is there to be proud of your offline country?
It will be a total waste of time, what value does it add to me checking who you are or not. It no new thing that most of the Nonentities who bad mouth biden here on this forum, are Igbos and Ipob who think trump has there interests at heart.
Atleast the Offline Country is in existence, same cannot be said of the so called ideology that can never die, there is always hope for the living. Hahah
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:37am On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Show me the video of where he said all these things...no one video exist

Why don't you go to YouTube and search for "Trump calling Coronavirus Kungflu"

You will find the video of a rally during which Trump used the word.

You can verify for the other videos too, on YouTube.

If I share the links here, the bot will ban my account for spamming.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Why don't you go to YouTube and search for "Trump calling Coronavirus Kungflu"

You will find the video of a rally during which Trump used the word.

You can verify for the other videos too, on YouTube.

If I share the links here, the bot will ban my account for spamming.

Is kungflu what we are talking about?

Infact is kungflu racists?

Isn't the virus from china.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by PHijo(m): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2021
marsman:

It will be a total waste of time, what value does it add to me checking who you are or not. It no new thing that most of the Nonentities who bad mouth biden here on this forum, are Igbos and Ipob who think trump has there interests at heart.
Atleast the Offline Country is in existence, same cannot be said of the so called ideology that can never die, there is always hope for the living. Hahah

The offline country is on the path of self destruction. Igbo people have a right to leave a country that is not working for them.
My grouse with them is that they don't want a homogeneous Igbo nation.

A fraudulent society like Nigeria that has refused to address her issues is on the path to death.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by marsman: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2021
PHijo:

The offline country is on the path of self destruction. Igbo people have a right to leave a country that is not working for them.
My grouse with them is that they don't want a homogeneous Igbo nation.

A fraudulent society like Nigeria that has refused to address her issues is on the path to death.
Another prediction, Most of you just talk like it is the country that is ruling her self, the country is the citizens acting in her. Are you not one of the many citizens trying to destroy the country? the corrupt politicians Decaying the country, are they not a product of the same society you came out from? I have come to the conclusion that most Nigerians, have a Big self caused problem, which they will seriously deny at any given opportunity, most of us are very unpatriotic, very clueless, don't even know the essence of a country.
The Igbos want to leave, who is stopping their many senators, Governors, from pushing for secession. When the the Igbos were in Government during GEJ regime, and the tables were turned, they were the ones benefiting the most, most of the top governmental Position were associated to their tribe, while the other tribes, Yoruba especially were seriously marginalized, were was their one voice then? Now the tables have turned, they want to seceed, only some idiots are saying the rubbish amongst them self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keir Stammer Kicked Out Of Pub For Supporting COVID-19 Lockdown / ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance / Russia Is Ready For Nuclear War, Putin Warns The West, video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.