Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump (22253 Views)

Moscow Has Forgiven $23billion Debts Owed By African Countries – Putin / Over 30 Millions Americans Have Voted As Early Voting Starts / Trump Ordered Attack On Americans For Photo Op Swagger(must Watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by LLMG: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
have you forgiven yourself for the one you help impose on Nigerians,
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by PHijo(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
marsman:

Another prediction, Most of you just talk like it is the country that is ruling her self, the country is the citizens acting in her. Are you not one of the many citizens trying to destroy the country, the politicians Decaying the country, are they not a product of the same society you came out from? I have come to the conclusion that most Nigerians, have a Big self caused problem.
The Igbos want to leave, who.is stopping there many senators, Governors, from pushing for secession. When the the Igbos were in Government during GEJ regime, and the tables were turned, they were the ones benefiting the most, most of the top governmental Position were associated to their tribe, while the other tribes, Yoruba especially were seriously marginalized, were was their one voice then? Now the tables have turned, they want to seceed, only some idiots are saying the rubbish amongst them self.

Yoruba were NEVER marginalised under Jonathan. You are just an entitled bunch of ingrates.

Jonathan's people never complained for the over 45 years you Yoruba and the Fulani held away at the centre. States and LGAs were created in an inconsiderate manner. The oil wealth of Jonathan's Ogbia LGA fed Nigeria for over 6 decades but people from Kastina and Ogun are deemed fit to waste and mismanage that wealth.

All you are doing, just know others are not stupid. God is on the throne and a day of reckoning will come.

What did Igbo people or any other group gain under Jonathan that Yoruba didn't gain?

The truth is, you guys are used to depriving other ethnic nations and your inability to reap where you didn't sow was what this whole political plot was all about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by marsman: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
PHijo:

Yoruba were NEVER marginalised under Jonathan. You are just an entitled bunch of ingrates.

Jonathan's people never complained for the over 45 years you Yoruba and the Fulani held away at the centre. States and LGAs were created in an inconsiderate manner. The oil wealth of Jonathan's Ogbia LGA fed Nigeria for over 6 decades but people from Kastina and Ogun are deemed fit to waste and mismanage that wealth.

All you are doing, just know others are not stupid. God is on the throne and a day of reckoning will come.

What did Igbo people or any other group gain under Jonathan that Yoruba didn't gain?

The truth is, you guys are used to depriving other ethnic nations and your inability to reap where you didn't sow was what this whole political plot was all about.
I already mentioned what the other people gained under Jonathan, that Yoruba did not gain. You are just trying to be seriously Ignorant. Fulanis and Yoruba were at the center, are you dreaming or something, Abiola.was killed.by the Hausa bastard for trying to become a democratic President, Obasanjo the greedy bastard offered nothing to his people.in all his 8 years terms. Jonathan came to Power, took his tribes men into power, Igbos are just greedy bastards who can't take what they give to others.
Which stupid oil wealth fed,may be the north, Tinubu created LGA's in Lagos and for his 8 year term Obasanjo gave him Nothing like fed allocation.
Jonathans.5-6 years in charger of the Oil, they were still burrowing money to pay Civil servant workers, na Yoruba do that one too?
The current NDDC corruption saga na Yoruba dey do am too? I wonder how a country will.move forward with people.like.you self
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Tell that to your elder brother.

You are a big FO...OL
Confirmed street urchin who finds solace
in being a troll.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by IgboWarlord(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
Soyinka feels we are still in the 50s or 60s when his opinion was sought or coveted..Baba,unfortunately nobody cares about you or your opinion again..Talkless of Americans...

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by PHijo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
marsman:

I already mentioned what the other people gained under Jonathan, that Yoruba did not gain. You are just trying to be seriously Ignorant. Fulanis and Yoruba were at the center, are you dreaming or something, Abiola.was killed.by the Hausa bastard for trying to become a democratic President, Obasanjo the greedy bastard offered nothing to his people.in all his 8 years terms. Jonathan came to Power, took his tribes men into power, Igbos are just greedy bastards who can't take what they give to others.
Which stupid oil wealth fed,may be the north, Tinubu created LGA's in Lagos and for his 8 year term Obasanjo gave him Nothing like fed allocation.
Jonathans.5-6 years in charger of the Oil, they were still burrowing money to pay Civil servant workers, na Yoruba do that one too?
The current NDDC corruption saga na Yoruba dey do am too? I wonder how a country will.move forward with people.like.you self

From all you wrote, it is obvious you are ignorant! Which of Jonathan's kinfolk did he empower? Mention them let's know!

You talk as if Lagos is the only state in the South west! You guys should push for bills that will stop oil allocation from coming in, until then we know you are not serious. Ordinary subsidy removal you all cried. You are lucky Jonathan was a gentleman. I would have followed you guys up with fire and fury. Even if I wanted to sell a litre for 250 Naira I would have sold it and nothing will happen!

What assets does Nigeria use to obtain loan? Crude oil!
What income pays interest and principal? Crude oil!

Stop deceiving yourself here!

If Jonathan did a quarter of what Obasanjo did for Yoruba for Ijaw we will be eternally grateful. We are not ingrates like you. We knew that being detribalised Jonathan saw Nigeria as his constituency. He gave no special attention to Ijaw people. Yoruba and Igbo benefited more from him.

He helped revive Femi Otedola's comatose business.

Obasanjo helped Yorubas buy government assets in the hospitality, financial services and petroleum industries.

The privatisation process was rigged to favour Yorubas. As petroleum minister Obasanjo favoured Yoruba businesses.

Don't deceive yourself here! We know all they did.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by marsman: 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
PHijo:

From all you wrote, it is obvious you are ignorant! Which of Jonathan's kinfolk did he empower? Mention them let's know!

You talk as if Lagos is the only state in the South west! You guys should push for bills that will stop oil allocation from coming in, until then we know you are not serious. Ordinary subsidy removal you all cried. You are lucky Jonathan was a gentleman. I would have followed you guys up with fire and fury. Even if I wanted to sell a litre for 250 Naira I would have sold it and nothing will happen!

What assets does Nigeria use to obtain loan? Crude oil!
What income pays interest and principal? Crude oil!

Stop deceiving yourself here!

If Jonathan did a quarter of what Obasanjo did for Yoruba for Ijaw we will be eternally grateful. We are not ingrates like you. We knew that being detribalised Jonathan saw Nigeria as his constituency. He gave no special attention to Ijaw people. Yoruba and Igbo benefited more from him.

He helped revive Femi Otedola's comatose business.

Obasanjo helped Yorubas buy government assets in the hospitality, financial services and petroleum industries.

The privatisation process was rigged to favour Yorubas. As petroleum minister Obasanjo favoured Yoruba businesses.

Don't deceive yourself here! We know all they did.
Stop lying what did Obasanjo do for Yoruba. And you are still. Lying that GEJ did nothing for you folks, I know a Ijaw man that Collected 10million per year from the fed Government during GEJ time all because, he was from an Oil Producing state, why are you talking like an Ignorant fellow, is the south south the only region producing Oil, Lagos Ogun are both Producing Oil, so why should we not collect from the Oil we give to the Government, your fight is with the North, they are the ones eating your Resources and giving you peanuts. You want me to mention your kins men in Jonathans regime, let me give you one, Allison Madueke, who looted Nigeria to the Point of recession and is still on the run, Jonathans cabinet mostly full of South south and southeast were eating Nigeria Dry including the inept minister of finance Okonjo iweala, during his regime.

Lol Jonathan removed subsidy we removed his chance of a second term, now he is just an Ordinary peace keeping buhari appointee. It is not like you have proof for this rubbish Obasanjo did for Yoruba, Obasanjo who the road to his Home town lies in rot, Obasanjo the greedy Idiot who wanted 3rd term. Most thing he did was not to favor any Yoruba person, the Yoruba like otedola were just smart, saw the opportunity and grabbed it, In 2003, having identified an opportunity in the fuel retail market, Otedola secured the finance to set up Zenon Petroleum and Gas Ltd, a petroleum products marketing and distribution company.

As owner and chairman of Zenon, in 2004 he invested N15 billion in downstream infrastructure development. Nobody told your people to be inept
The loan we recently Collected from China, it was crude oil we used as collacteral right?
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by SirBunky85(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Golan007:

The name come from a fictional character from one of Soyinka's work - Kongi's Harvest.
Thank you for the explanation

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by MightySparrow: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
I join you to forgive them Baba Prof
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Lightman300(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
The Literature Juggernaut just literally begged the question, petitio principii.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by alphaNomega: 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Which one is American passport again?

The professor is a Nigerian citizen, and he has a Nigerian passport.

He is mostly a visitor to the States where he gives lectures at their best universities. He doesn't need the green card anyway.
*pulling one ear
We no wan see am for embassy angry
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by elisho: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
idiot old man that say he will destroy his Green card if Trump win 4 yr a goal but he never did and protest against good luck make thunder and covid 19 kill am there
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is kungflu what we are talking about?

Infact is kungflu racists?

Isn't the virus from china.

First, Kungfu is very important to the Chinese. You are not a Chinese (nor do you have any empathy), that is why you can't understand.

Secondly, the virus is not from China.

It emerged in China.

They are two different things.

The coronavirus has been in existence for many years.

In fact, the first type of human coronavirus emerged in North America in the 1920s.

And as you know, the United States is in North America.

How would an American (living in the 1920s) have felt if someone took something dear to the American culture and bastardized it?
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

First, Kungfu is very important to the Chinese. You are not a Chinese (nor do you have any empathy), that is why you can't understand.

Secondly, the virus is not from China.

It emerged in China.

They are two different things.

The coronavirus has been in existence for many years.

In fact, the first type of human coronavirus emerged in North America in the 1920s.

And as you know, the United States is in North America.

How would an American (living in the 1920s) have felt if someone took something dear to the American culture and bastardized it?

Kungfu does not mean anything to chinese people.

Most Chinese don't care about it.

Dont care about how the virus came about.

The virus spread from wuhan, and where is wuhan, in china that makes it a chinese virus aka kungflu.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
favour32:

Confirmed street urchin who finds solace
in being a troll.

Tell that to your Fa..ther for not giving you a proper upbringing.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Tell that to your Fa..ther for not giving you a proper upbringing.
A confirmed street urchin.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Kungfu does not mean anything to chinese people.

Kung fu is highly valued in Chinese culture because it teaches respect, patience, humility, and morality.
http://blog.tutorming.com/expats/what-is-kung-fu

Dont care about how the virus came about.

You should care.

The virus spread from wuhan, and where is wuhan, in china that makes it a chinese virus aka kungflu.

This is like calling chickenpox an European disease simply because it was first discovered in Europe.

Or calling HIV a DR Congo virus.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Kung fu is highly valued in Chinese culture because it teaches respect, patience, humility, and morality.
http://blog.tutorming.com/expats/what-is-kung-fu

You should care.

This is like calling chickenpox an European disease simply because it was first discovered in Europe.

Or calling HIV a DR Congo virus.

Dude, nobody cares about kungfu...dont be deceived, too much chinese movies is bad.

Every one know that chicken pox was brought by the white man into Africa....it is a white man disease just like covid is from china.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Dude, nobody cares about kungfu...dont be deceived, too much chinese movies is bad.

Every one know that chicken pox was brought by the white man into Africa....it is a white man disease just like covid is from china.

You are unteachable.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You are unteachable.

You also unteachable
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
favour32:

A confirmed street urchin.

Efule.fu!
tongue

Agbero is far better and more useful than you.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Efule.fu!
tongue

Agbero is far better and more useful than you.
A street urchin from birth.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
favour32:

A street urchin from birth.

Better than a bas.tard child.

Go ask your mo.m who your fa.ther is. grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Better than a bas.tard child.

Go ask your mo.m who your fa.ther is. grin
A congenital disorder_like street urchin with propensity to being depressed,hence, culminating in schizoid personality disorder.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
[s]
favour32:

A congenital disorder_like street urchin with propensity to being depressed,hence, culminating in schizoid personality disorder.
[/s]

Trash.

Frust.rated fo.ol.

You don't have where to call home that is why you couldn't get a proper home training.

Fvck Off kid!
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:
[s][/s]

Trash.

Frust.rated fo.ol.

You don't have where to call home that is why you couldn't get a proper home training.

Fvck Off kid!
Bred thoroughly with volitile toxicity filled vitriolic diatribe,hence,exude only affiliated negativism and pessimism all through life with continuous endless pains!
You ain't up to the standard of my grandson!
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
favour32:

Bred thoroughly with volitile toxicity filled vitriolic diatribe,hence,exude only affiliated negativism and pessimism all through life with continuous endless pains!
You ain't up to the standard of my grandson!

You're a BIG FO..OL

Why typing rubbish all in the name of typing grammar? grin

You are not making any sense. Oh I forgot you don't have any.

Pardon me.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

You're a BIG FO..OL

Why typing rubbish all in the name of typing grammar? grin

You are not making any sense. Oh I forgot you don't have any.

Pardon me.
Only the educated will comprehend absolutely.
Therefore,not unusual if the low_life in the dungeon find it unpalatable.
A sleepless night awaits you because ever ready to send out words_laced with RPG or further nuclear_war_head.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by BabaIbo: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
favour32:

Only the educated will comprehend absolutely.
Therefore,not unusual if the low_life in the dungeon find it unpalatable.
A sleepless night awaits you because ever ready to send out words_laced with RPG or further nuclear_war_head.

Get lost kid.

I am done exchanging words with you on this.

Now, run along and go help your mama.

EOD.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by favour32(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Get lost kid.

I am done exchanging words with you on this.

Now, run along and go help your mama.

EOD.
Lost you are!
Pains in life will always be amplified.
Ready to continue to curse you forever.
The next curses will be direct and have physical manifestations!
Be warned boy!
Ever ready to reply your sorry ass endlessly.
Re: Soyinka: I Have Forgiven Americans For Voting Racist Trump by EagleNest(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2021
Charity they say begins at home. Buhari disaster wasn't corrected in last election Prof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keir Stammer Kicked Out Of Pub For Supporting COVID-19 Lockdown / ‘I Am Horrified’: UN Chief Guterres Condemns Israeli Attack On Gaza Ambulance / Russia Is Ready For Nuclear War, Putin Warns The West, video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.