Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,144 members, 7,953,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (58724 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Somzee(f): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hugoboi:

Not at all. The law only recognizes Customary (Traditional) and Statutory (Registry but erroneously and commonly referred to as court wedding) in Nigeria.

Either one suffices under the law. If you can afford both, fine but evidence of any one is enough and constitutes a valid marriage.
Oh.. Thank you.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by ACURASPEEDO(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
LET THE GROOM GO AND STAY WITH THEM NA
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by FashionCookie(f): 7:30am On Jan 25, 2021
galek:

YOU SEE, YOU ARE "SUDDENLY AGITATED AND AFRAID OF THE NICE PRAYER or WISH I GAVE YOU?
HYPOCRITES

Afraid? keep deceiving yourself oponu.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Hugoboi(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

The father is very very correct. In a Christian wedding, wedding is complete only AFTER ALL the wedding rites have been performed.
If there is no other wedding rites after the traditional wedding, the man is allowed to take home his wife. However, if the wedding rites still remain a church ceremony, then the wedding ceremony is NOT complete and the man should wait.

The father is correct!

The situation is different if the couple do not intend to do any church wedding ceremony, then the traditional wedding will be their own FINAL wedding rites.

Hope it makes sense

NO YOU DIDNT MAKE AN IOTA OF SENSE.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by shadeyinka(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hugoboi:

NO YOU DIDNT MAKE AN IOTA OF SENSE.
When you are ready to give out the hand of your daughter in marriage, allow the groom freedom to be sleeping with your daughter (as wife) before the wedding ceremony is concluded!
This I'm sure makes sense to you.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ikpunekenwa(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalists would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way
You are talking like a drunk in a beer parlour. You stupid and useless fanatics, sociopaths, psychopaths and extremists bring ridicule to the christian faith, you just religious but noting of christianity can be seen in you. You are pretenders and men of lies. Imagine the trash you just vomited from your smelly mouth? Ehee! I forgot to tell you that you are also an educated quack christian illiterate I swear. Have you seen anywhere both in old and new testament where God sanctioned white weeding?
By the way what is white wedding? As you are dumb and daft to recognize the prefix white in the word, it means the indigenous weeding of the whites, have you seen whites doing anything like the type of our traditional indigenous weeding? The answer is no. Simply on the day of traditional marriage, a pastor or priest can ochestrate the sermons and bless the couples after the traditional rudiments are settled and the marriage certificate signed in the presence of the man of God, both parents and friends plus the elders and kinsmen in the village. This is exactly the perfect thing that we should be doing and not this your waste of time and resources you blabbed here. Keep upgrading your foolishness in your 26 megabytes brain.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ikpunekenwa(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
Preachers of the Bible but lovers of the world are here again. You claim you're a Christian but when it doesn't suit you, you become a traditionalist.

Instead of your friend to arrange only traditional marriage and carry his wife home, or better still, marry the daughter of a traditionalist, he carried his leg to go to the house of a Church goer and look for wife. Now that he's been requested to follow the directives issued by the church, he suddenly remembered he has a tradition.

Tell your friend, your self and everybody who agreed with you that you're all loosing a neurone or two in your brain.
Fool and you are losing hairs in your anal pore.
Swear that you are a virgin as if if them no fit hide 10000 litres GP plastic tank in your toto.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

You are talking like a drunk in a beer parlour. You stupid and useless fanatics, sociopaths, psychopaths and extremists bring ridicule to the christian faith, you just religious but noting of christianity can be seen in you. You are pretenders and men of lies. Imagine the trash you just vomited from your smelly mouth? Ehee! I forgot to tell you that you are also an educated quack christian illiterate I swear. Have you seen anywhere both in old and new testament where God sanctioned white weeding?
By the way what is white wedding? As you are dumb and daft to recognize the prefix white in the word, it means the indigenous weeding of the whites, have you seen whites doing anything like the type of our traditional indigenous weeding? The answer is no. Simply on the day of traditional marriage, a pastor or priest can ochestrate the sermons and bless the couples after the traditional rudiments are settled and the marriage certificate signed in the presence of the man of God, both parents and friends plus the elders and kinsmen in the village. This is exactly the perfect thing that we should be doing and not this your waste of time and resources you blabbed here. Keep upgrading your foolishness in your 26 megabytes brain.

Trust me I didn't read it past the first line. The world knows who the lunatic is. Take Ibruprofen for your pain.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ikpunekenwa(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
BusinessCity:

Trust me I didn't read it past the first line. The world knows who the lunatic is. Take Ibruprofen for your pain.
My main aim was to pass my information to you and other idiots like you period. I know that you are intellectually incapacitated and handicapped so I never had any reasonable expectations from a hardcore indoctrinated imbechile.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by obama30: 10:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

He should sue the man for false marriage, and demand for every penny he spent in and preparation of the traditional marriage.

When he refunds him and he still want to go ahead in marry the same girl, if the girl father accept again they should straight head to church for their marriage.

He defrauded the man, why he didn't explain everything from beginning so the man can choose, which of the marriage to do first.

So if he doesn't have money for white wedding he should go and borrow, even though he already have date.

To me this is pure fraud, you doesn't believe in tradition why do you tell him to do traditional marriage?

He should refund the man all he has spent and tell him to come to church for British wedding system he believes in. Or the guy can sue him for fraud. Straight to efcc for quick recovery

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Born With Male And Female Sex Organs Fathers Two Children / Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise. / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.