Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (58725 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalists would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way
Totally wrong...
The marriage in Cana was traditional one...
White wedding is not Church wedding,White wedding originated from the Britons and it is their tradition.
In traditional marriage here,there is prayer,there is blessing from the parents, therefore it is done in the presence of the Almighty as witness.
The thing is that some people have become holier-than-thou but mostly wicked in their deeds.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by zedegit: 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
emerged01:

I am not part of the Christians. no scripture back what you are saying up.

I am not here to argue no scriptures with you. Just know that Christian's believe in church wedding or at worst church blessing before conjugal bliss.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by onoja12: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
the father dey mad, traditional is the main wedding, once you done do that one carry your woman dey go, if the papa talk tell am to refund, you no do again

mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tsukee812: 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
2 months not years and the guy dey para. I don't believe this. Besides, the bride's father must have made his decision known to them before that traditional stuff. It's not possible he just came up with this decision all of a sudden.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BenklinsJones(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Shame Shame Shame. you are not a believer rather a religious fanatic...Go check urself well...

Conflicting ideologies. You're confusing yourself

Court wedding follows due protocols

Traditional wedding same dressing to eating to prayers then attires

But when it comes to Christian wedding, you say God was at the traditional wedding.

You'll only confuse valve elements like yourself.

Since God is everywhere, then every one should just pick a woman and proclaim her as wife without approaching any of the three institutions. Yeye

You picked the wrong person to debate with about scriptures. I tell you
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by emerged01(m): 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
zedegit:

I am not here to argue no scriptures with you. Just know that Christian's believe in church wedding or at worst church blessing before conjugal bliss.
I’m not here to argue with you. One scripture will settle this matter.
For me as long as you pay dowry on your partner with the agreement of both parents marriage has taken place. Not going to church for blessing doesn’t mean the union invalid.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by shadeyinka(m): 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

What is your opinion?

The father is very very correct. In a Christian wedding, wedding is complete only AFTER ALL the wedding rites have been performed.
If there is no other wedding rites after the traditional wedding, the man is allowed to take home his wife. However, if the wedding rites still remain a church ceremony, then the wedding ceremony is NOT complete and the man should wait.

The father is correct!

The situation is different if the couple do not intend to do any church wedding ceremony, then the traditional wedding will be their own FINAL wedding rites.

Hope it makes sense

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Salem92: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
Does the white man practice African traditional marriage?
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by shadeyinka(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
tooth4tooth:

It is not the right thing. I want to challenge all religious fanatics to quote to me the part of the Bible that traditional marriage is not recognized .
If traditional wedding is the end of the marriage rite, then the wedding could be consummated. However, if there is still remains some part of the wedding rites undone,the wedding isn't complete.

If the couple agree that their wedding isn't complete without church wedding, then until then their wedding rites is NOT complete.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ishilove: 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way
The sheer confident ignorance in this post is mind boggling
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by RALPHOW(m): 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
The Father is regretting given his daughter to an unbeliever already!!!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ishilove:

The sheer confident ignorance in this post is mind boggling

Get Anagelsic you'll be fine
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by kessler53(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.
God bless yuo
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by NwaforIgbo: 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

What is your opinion?

Deeper Life pattern.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by nonut: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Let it reach God for approval first. Thank you
The traditional marriage did not reach God's approval?
Sense is far away from you.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by onpoint69(m): 11:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

the white wedding that we consider as Christian wedding is actually the English traditional wedding, Jews don't wed in like manner as the English because they also have their traditional wedding, so what is wrong with our own traditional wedding
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Bahamas95(m): 11:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
The bride papa nor well, if na me he must refund everything I spend then keep he daughter.....I am not doing again.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by yanabasee1(m): 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

He's reasons is his church

Let your friend consciously finish the two months celibacy....Then go for the wedding.....

After the wedding, he should ask her to return to her father's house....

Let him continue to feed her from his house...

I will never tolerate this kind of nonsense....

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Danisantos: 12:10am On Jan 23, 2021
Please can u help us with one wedding or marriage inside church in the bible
BusinessCity:

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by henryskywalker2003(m): 2:44am On Jan 23, 2021
BusinessCity:

Sorry but you are very wrong here. I am a christian and in no place in the bible are we instructed to have weddings in church or synagogue. The bible explicitly states that once the bride price is paid and upon acceptance by both families, they are rightfully married.

What you call church wedding today is an evolution of the white man's traditional/pagan wedding customs. Don't be blaming atheists and others for attacking christianity when you as a christian isn't even living it right.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Dollarremix(m): 4:43am On Jan 23, 2021
Well,if I should be the guy white wedding councel,let me see if he won't release my wife to me after paying bride price.i move
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Okortor: 7:04am On Jan 23, 2021
Even God in heaven recognize TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE than the so called CHURCH WEDDING.important thing in marriage is to pay her BRIDE PRICE. Church, Court na just add up.
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nazgul: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2021
zedegit:

So you mean they should be enjoying illegal sex, abi?

What's your religious inclination?
Once the bride price has been paid, sex is no longer illegal. Even the Bible never mentioned anything about church wedding. It centered most on the bride price. It's we Africans that out of inferiority complex decided to copy the white man by making white wedding compulsory for Christians.

When Abraham's servant went to the well to seek a wife for his master's son Isaac, and found Rebecca, he gave gifts to the family of Rebecca and she was asked to follow him to marry Isaac. The gifts represented the bride price. There was no record of White wedding.

Same with Jacob when he worked for Laban for 14 years go marry his two daughters. The 14 years labour was the bride price for his two wives. No white wedding as well.

Even the wedding at Cana where Jesus Christ performed his first miracle by turning water into wine, there wasn't any mention of the temple which means it wasn't a white wedding.

If we're to go by the biblical standard, once you pay a girls bride price, before God and man, she's officially your wife.

White wedding isn't biblical, so stop referring to sex after bride price and before white wedding as illegal cos it's not.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by eyinjuege: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2021
yanabasee1:

Let your friend consciously finish the two months celibacy....Then go for the wedding.....

After the wedding, he should ask her to return to her father's house....

Let him continue to feed her from his house...

I will never tolerate this kind of nonsense....

Hopefully the marriage can be annulled then, and all traces it ever happened erased forever.
Bride price would be returned and you both can go for your spec on a clean slate with no baggage.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by cooooooks(m): 11:37am On Jan 23, 2021
I guess there's no joy in making love with your non-virgin spouse (a majority of people).

Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by yvesboss(m): 11:39am On Jan 23, 2021
BusinessCity:

I think There is no such thing as Church wedding in the bible
Jesus attended a traditional wedding where he turned water to wine
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Liposure: 11:41am On Jan 23, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Yes, he's probably a prayer warrior at Church yet somehow he disregards the church directive concerning marriages over traditional ones?

Clearly, anyone who puts one religion above another belongs to the former, not the latter.
in the first place, whats the essence of doing trad when we are christians. Aren't we being inconsistent

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by cooooooks(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2021
I hope the guy is marrying the woman and not her entire family.

I also hope she is not too young.

merieam16:
So after the wedding, he stops being her father abi...
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by yanabasee1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
eyinjuege:

Hopefully the marriage can be annulled then, and all traces it ever happened erased forever.
Bride price would be returned and you both can go for your spec on a clean slate with no baggage.

And I'll have nothing to lose....

There are a million good ladies out there that one can marry and even have a better marriage compare to the one who's father have more authority over. After collecting bride price.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by IamAtikulate: 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hugoboi:

So from your analogy, a father can willingly collect dowry and willingly refuse to hand over the bride over conditions best known to him?

Do you see how stupid you sound? Have you ever heard of breach of contract?
Where did I said a father can willingly collect bride price and refuses to hand over the daughter?

Do you see how stupid you sound?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2021
Liposure:
in the first place, whats the essence of doing trad when we are christians. Aren't we being inconsistent

Nice question... Oya church goer(s) come and answer
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by eyinjuege: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
yanabasee1:

And I'll have nothing to lose....

There are a million good ladies out there that one can marry and even have a better marriage compare to the one who's father have more authority over. After collecting bride price.

Absolutely
You both wouldn't have lost anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Born With Male And Female Sex Organs Fathers Two Children / Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise. / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.