Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57821 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Cutiekatty: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

What is white wedding? Where is it written in the bible? The bible only talked about paying the bride price (exchange of goods ) and parental consent. The man should release his wife jare

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Judolisco(m): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not some ancestors in a traditional system.
then there is no need for traditional marriage then.... White wedding na another man's culture... D marriage ceremony jesus attended was it in d synagogue?

4 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by hopexter(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
So what's now the purpose of the traditional wedding they did? Is the old man intentionally disrespecting our custom?

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by West2019(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?
go and seat down after paying for the bride Price .let the father marry her then , he didn't thank God she didn't carry unwanted pregnant to the house .moreover what is her qanlification

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
It is wrong of the father to withhold the daughter from her husband because all marriage rite has been done in full. Traditional wedding is the recognised wedding in Nigeria before any other, registry also is important, church wedding is a choice. I wonder why Nigerians place so much value on church wedding like it is the church that collects the bride price. If the groom's in laws decide to take this up it wont be funny because no side will want to feel cheated.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Lomprico2: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

What is your opinion?

was he owing bridge price?
there is nothing like white wedding in the bible, people are just plain stupid.
if na me dem go refund all I paid or brought for the list.
what rubbish!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by alizma: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not some ancestors in a traditional system.
You mean the man didn't bless the marriage during the traditional marriage?

Obviously that marriage is likely going to have problem and I blame both parties for it.
If there is good communication between the lady and the husband, the guy should have known before the traditional marriage day that the lady will not be going home with him.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by surrogatesng: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
If she is a virgin
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Judolisco(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2021
They should have done both the same time.... Traditional marriage is d real deal where d bride price is paid.... D father is scared... Maybe d man won't do d white wedding... Which I have seen so many people do that

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2021
West2019:
go and seat down after paying for the bride Price .let the father marry her then , he didn't thank God she didn't carry unwanted pregnant to the house .moreover what is her qanlification

We hear you oga. When it's your daughter's turn, do it anyhow. Any marriage that doesn't get God's blessings in standing before His presence doesn't exactly give God His full due honour for that marriage.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Lomprico2: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small

after traditional marriage they are husband and wife in d eyes of God and man.

her papa na mumu
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

What is your opinion?

I did my traditional wedding and traveled back alone with my family.

It's up to the father.

After church wedding, I was tired and wanted to sleep. My wife was not having it, I must come and take what I paid for.... that night I disvirgined or deflowered and it was worth it.

It won't be worth it, if the lady was not tear rubber and they made you wait 2 months after someone else had already licked the sweet.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2021
alizma:

You mean the man didn't bless the marriage during the traditional marriage?

Obviously that marriage is likely going to have problem and I blame both parties for it.
If there is good communication between the lady and the husband, the guy should have known before the traditional marriage day that the lady will not be going home with him.

Lies. So marriages where couple frolick around and have countless sex don't run into problems.

If he can't honour the girl's dad one last time before he assumes control, he can go away for a better person to take his place.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mechanics(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2021
Yes, he's right.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Minjim: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Let it reach God for approval first. Thank you

Which verse in the Bible said you must have wedding in a church?

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Makanaki127: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2021
Last last you go still surprise say her Toto na well grin
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by uthlaw: 10:36am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:
My comment is only if she's a virgin gal
when she is not 13years old.... why pay for the cow when the milk is free!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by West2019(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

What is your opinion?
Total rubbish after paying for her bride Price , let him marry her then .I wish it's me I will propose the white weeding till 2030 .what is her qanlification by the way
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

Which verse in the Bible said you must have wedding in a church?

Then why must the traditional take place before some old elements if Christianed marriage must be before God in like manner.

Ordinary food and offering , Moses left a law and said, the Lord will choose a place before which you will go before my presence to drop your gifts, offerings and likes. How much more for more serious concerns?

Abeg shift.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by obynoud1: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2021
White wedding is for white people or church people. Carry your wife joor.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by thatigboman: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
Preachers of the Bible but lovers of the world are here again. You claim you're a Christian but when it doesn't suit you, you become a traditionalist.

Instead of your friend to arrange only traditional marriage and carry his wife home, or better still, marry the daughter of a traditionalist, he carried his leg to go to the house of a Church goer and look for wife. Now that he's been requested to follow the directives issued by the church, he suddenly remembered he has a tradition.

Tell your friend, your self and everybody who agreed with you that you're all loosing a neurone or two in your brain.
after paying bride price, is the woman his wife or not? Forget church
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Cutehector(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2021
grin prick will not like this..

Sorry prick, ah know you need some coochie cheesy cheesy
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Lomprico2: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

God bless you, there many religious fools here.
a man is married as long as all requirements concerning bride price is met n paid.

there is nothing like church/white wedding in the bible.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Niceiroko: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2021
I know it's called exchange of vows the woman has done her marriage the father wants her daughter to do that in his church but don't let the father detate your marriage
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by sofiscatedmoron: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?
Traditional wedding is the main wedding, we ate Africans not whites,,
Couple can do church or court wedding anytime they want to after traditional wedding
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by West2019(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

We hear you oga. When it's your daughter's turn, do it anyhow. Any marriage that doesn't get God's blessings in standing before His presence doesn't exactly give God His full due honour for that marriage.
where in the Bible that say you must do white weeding I only know about paying of bride Price that's the most important thing .is that not many of the girls doing Whit weeding after spending so much money . within a couple of a year trouble will started .
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by kiddkash(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2021
what an Elder sees sitting, aa child won't see it even when standing
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by thatigboman: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2021
Bennysam:

Yeah I have seen it that’s their church doctrine
thunder fire that church and their doctrine
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by SaturnNick(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.
Marriage is not all about sex na, oga. He probably needs a helper too
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by naijadrivablog: 10:40am On Jan 22, 2021
Kuku marry your daughter naw. sad
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Owocourtesy: 10:40am On Jan 22, 2021
Her father is completely wrong. Dowry has been paid and traditional wedding has been done. What else does the father want? That is how some family meddle, especially the fathers meddle into their children/daughter's relationship and end up destroying it.
And if I may ask, why do most Nigerians place superioriy on white wedding over traditional wedding?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by cloud(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
how do you know she's a virgin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.