Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,807 members, 7,827,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57994 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nazgul: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
mezico96:

You've spoken well sir, for me the father of the bride should have spoken to them in form of advice and not make it look like they are doing something illegal
Village elders are very authoritative and rude towards younger people. So the issue of talking to them in the form of advice wouldn't fly cos in his own perception he would be a coward if he can't confront the young man and tell him what's on his mind without mixing word.

My own is that if any man wants to marry he must inquire about the culture of his wife to be. It's very important.

A friend of mine got married in one area like that in Abia state. According to their tradition the girl must not accompany her husband to his home after the traditional marriage. She must spend her last night in her father's house then pack her things to her husband's house the following morning. So the husband goes home lonely after the marriage and waits for his wife the following morning.

The culture differs from place to place. But like I said, it's no big deal, he can still have easy access to her whenever he wants.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Molahnelson(m): 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
We like to believe that we love God but our actions are always contradicting

4 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
Humanoid01:
Two months, just two months and he's already losing patience? Tell that friend not to let two months sabotage a possible lifetime of happiness.
simp

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Humanoid01(m): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2021
PrinxArthur1:
simp
Oh you have no idea.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Michelle55: 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
They are officially married na. Church wedding is simply a borrowed culture besides the Bible didn't say Jesus attended a white wedding.

We overdo things here in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by merieam16(f): 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage
So after the wedding, he stops being her father abi...

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by femi4: 6:24am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen men of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

He's wrong

Traditional wedding is the only type of wedding recognised by the Bible.

Church wedding is a white man doing not scriptural

4 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by bmasz(m): 6:43am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night

I am confused which one is the wedding night. Church wedding night or traditional wedding night.

I believe that the traditional marriage ceremony is the real on and all others are add-ons.

I am still waiting for Christians to show me from the bible the marriage ceremony that was conducted at the synagogue or temple.

From where did we get this irrational degradation of our culture.

The father should stop putting asunder to what God has joined together.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ketamine9000mg(m): 7:27am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

I have always said it, if traditional marriage is not enough, let the lady come and be going jejely. The idea or doing 3 weddings (Christianity, Court and Traditional) in one marriage is total madness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by silento(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2021
Some guys dey mumu if Na me I will collect my bride price and find my way the father is mumu and ur friends is more mumu

Even the Bible only recognized the bride price once a father collects it oboy the girl is not under her care and control

The white wedding saga might be a tricks to delay so that the pussy tighten soap will work well

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Kondomatic(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
They've been legally married before God and man since the day of their traditional marriage. Or didn't the father hand her daughter over to the groom's people that day?

Church wedding is irrelevant to me. We have our own system of marriage before the whites came and it's as good as their own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Bansempire: 10:26am On Jan 22, 2021
���� wahala o...only the post wey person dey see about marriage dey make man think twice about getting married
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by sojfarm: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2021
Very simple, abandon the their family altogether until you understand why.

Of, course there more to it than ordinary
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tjah: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
Wat do u understand by d word marriage??

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by LoveJesus87(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
so the traditional wedding is not the 'marriage' abi?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by HenryThegreat1(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2021
But traditional marriage supposed supersede other forms of marriage shall.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by abimic(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
What gave you the conclusion she's a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by 12345baba(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2021
If na me be ur guy I go even increase am to four months. He suppose thank the man and use the two months for mad grooving
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by rajiedreez: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
So what did they do, traditional divorce abi?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Collins4u1(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2021
Mstttteeeeeeew

Woman is legally married to the man. And traditional rite has been done and completed.

Chizoba
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2021
Then let them return the dowry till the white wedding na...what if something goes wrong then who is to blame. It is totally wrong. The recognized marriage in Nigeria is the traditional and the registry, church wedding is a choice.
Humanoid01:

I know, but the father may have his reasons. Flouting his order may create an unnecessary issue if not adhered to. So it's better to be patient since the wedding is in just two months time.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2021
What is church or white wedding? When bride price has been paid, all this na rubbish for my ear..
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
rajiedreez:

So what did they do, traditional divorce abi?

Let it reach God for approval first. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
LoveJesus87:
so the traditional wedding is not the 'marriage' abi?

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by SeniorGee(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
Lol.. the father no trust his daughter ni?
Tell your friend to use this two months to mentally prepare for life together forever with her. Boyfriend and girlfriend is very different from marriage oo. Let him be calming down. I see no issue here at all. As you have paid homage the whole world knows she's your wife.
Our elders say pesin no dey rush go where e go sleep. A little patience brother.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Emaxwell(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
12345baba:
If na me be ur guy I go even increase am to four months. He suppose thank the man and use the two months for mad grooving

You for kuku marry your daughter your self

After traditional marriage church weeding undecided

And the guy should be patient so as not to have issue with the father in law after all na still your wife little patience grin grin
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Minjim: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

I believe you meant after the wedding

But which wedding again?

The only acceptable an compulsory wedding in the Bible is the Traditional, and he had done that already.

So after which wedding exactly are you talking about.

I didn't even have a church wedding. My wife and I had concluded on that
Tjah:

Wat do u understand by d word marriage??

Marriage is coming together in the presence of God. Let it reach God for approval first. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

I believe you meant after the wedding.

But which wedding again.

The only acceptable an compulsory wedding in the Bible is the Traditional, and he had done that already.

So after which wedding exactly are you talking about.

I didn't even have a church wedding. My wife and I had concluded on that

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by joey150(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Michelle55:
They are officially married na. Church wedding is simply a borrowed culture besides the Bible didn't say Jesus attended a white wedding.

We overdo things here in Nigeria.

If you are a Christian how can you say church wedding is borrowed? The white or church wedding is part of the Christian tradition. It's not a "white man's" thing, it's a Christian thing.

Oh, Jesus was a Jew while he was on earth?

Why aren't you Jew? Since Jesus wasn't a Christian in the Bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Sijo01(f): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Will our opinions change the bride father's mind undecided

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by abimic(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

If he's not ready to renege on that, then let him be. Respect his decision for peace to exist. Two months is too short to stir up a disagreement.
One would hope he doesn't draw up unnecessary interferences with his daughter's marriage later on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking / John Edobor Caught In Bed With Another Lady (Pics) / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.