Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57951 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by solonubinho(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalists would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

You are wrong Sir. There are two types of marriage recognized by law in Nigeria.

a. Statutory marriage; and
b. Customary marriage.

What you call white wedding or church wedding is just a celebration. It is at the point of the registry that the marriage is made official. Usually after the celebration, they head to the registry.

On the other hand, there is customary marriage. This is marriage according to the custom of the people as it has been done by their fathers and those before them.

It is also worthy of note that marriage under customary law has nothing to do with the gods or deities of your village. It is totally incorrect to ascribe such belief to customary marriage. This would lead me to give you a brief description of custom as "the acceptable practices of a particular group of people bound together by blood or ethnicity".
This means that if a large group of people bound together by blood or ethnicity decide to slap their foreheads as a means of greeting, it becomes a custom once it has been widely accepted and passed down to other generations.

Also, please note that it is duplicity to have both customary and statutory or white wedding as most would call it. However, one would not blame them as it is what society has expected of them. That is not to say that each is not mutually exclusive of the other.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tonytonex:
how you take know say she be virgin?
That's what I'm saying, only if she's a virgin

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nitah1: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

Oga fear God and depart from lies,na you do the traditional marriage y you come the lie here say na your friend?

OK,what's your friend name?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Obynolee:

I can't remember reading that they are virgins,where did you get that information.
The best thing that will happen to anyone (both male and female) is to marry a virgin.
Sexual compatibility is an integral part of marriage,it needs to be tested.
Same testing you lots have been testing and having 20 exes, I just corrected you at the emboldened, ask your mother if your dad did not marry her as a virgin and is your mother worst off with it? No but you that have had sex with 20 women which one u Don marry

Small boys who don't know how to even clean nyash de come talk
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Obynolee(f): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

Same testing you lots have been testing and having 20 exes, I just corrected you at the emboldened, ask your mother if your dad did not marry her as a virgin and is your mother worst off with it? No but you that have had sex with 20 women which one u Don marry

Small boys who don't know how to even clean nyash de come talk

I would have taken you serious if you're a virgin or marry as a virgin, but you're one of those hypocrites who are too religious but don't know God.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BeigJawnson(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalists would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

what is all this, so you think traditional marriage ceremony is always done infront of a shrine or what...? that marriage ceremony where Jesus change water to wine, was it a church wedding or tha jews traditional wedding? i am asking you mr all knowing christain.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by toprealman: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

What is your opinion?

Two months not two years/ 2 decades or 2 centuries.
I'm sure the husband involved can cope.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Hugoboi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
IamAtikulate:

Marriage happens when the father WILLINGFULLY hands over the daughter. If you like pay bride price and everything, if the father refuses to hand over the daughter, the marriage doesn't stand.

If the father insists that white wedding is part of the conditions, it is only when the groom meets that we can say there has been a marriage.

White and traditional wedding doesn't matter. There were both made by man.

What matters is the girl's family willing fully handing over the daughter to the man. They can do that without any ceremony or receiving any dime.

So from your analogy, a father can willingly collect dowry and willingly refuse to hand over the bride over conditions best known to him?

Do you see how stupid you sound? Have you ever heard of breach of contract?

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
BeigJawnson:

what is all this, so you think traditional marriage ceremony is always done infront of a shrine or what...? that marriage ceremony where Jesus change water to wine, was it a church wedding or tha jews traditional wedding? i am asking you mr all knowing christain.

It's your headache if you judge me calling me all knowing Christian. You better one stick with your convictions and let me be.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by frozen70(f): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

What is your opinion?

The father is right until the whole formalities are done, especially if she is a virgin woman
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
KushLyon:

Say anything you can to help you sleep better at night....all these long stories just because I asked for scriptural evidence, and yet I'm the one guilt tripping myself. What a joke

Your head ache. I should stay on a thread for 24 hours to give you the spiritual education you didn't receive all your life.

Una go tire. I'm at work. Pay my family work rate and I'll help treat your ignorance. Till then vamanos
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
DeRay98:

The wedding ring you wear, do you know the origins or original symbolism?
All the ornaments the brides wear do you know the origins or original symbolism?
You think you know because they infused their own culture in christianity and told us it's Christian and godly.
You sabi ...

Nope. I don't know it's origins. Only you do.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by focus7: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

As usual. Shallow minded people who alienate themselves but maintain the labels. Who mentioned money. When has Christian marriage ever been about money?

Obviously you are following from far behind and you are single having not experience wedding demand from the committee appointed by GO or daddy.

We have been there, talking from experience. Ask those that have been there, ask the alter boys, inner caucus associates they will tell you about the wedding business in the church
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by KushLyon(m): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Your head ache. I should stay on a thread for 24 hours to give you the spiritual education you didn't receive all your life.

Una go tire. I'm at work. Pay my family work rate and I'll help treat your ignorance. Till then vamanos

Someone that claims he is at work is still having the time to reply comments....when it comes to dropping scriptural references, then you're at work... Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
focus7:

Obviously you are following from far behind and you are single having not experience wedding demand from the committee appointed by GO or daddy.

We have been there, talking from experience. Ask those that have been there, ask the alter boys, inner caucus associates they will tell you about the wedding business in the church

Is that one wedding or a cultist practice.

Is that what I mentioned through out the course of my debate

Did I not say that even a pastor can stand and intercede with just the two parties they pray before God and it's upheld as Christian wedding

Did I not tentatively say Christian wedding is a simple admonition or statement saying God we want to marry and that 15 minutes was okay for such an activity

Keep arguing with yourself. I'm extremely busy. You guys plz
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
KushLyon:

Someone that claims he is at work is still having the time to reply comments....when it comes to dropping scriptural references, then you're at work... Hypocrite

Yen yen yen na u sabi. Free me
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Do you know the altar tradition stands on? Do you the source of what tradition is based off from?

So everybody that sticks to traditional marriage is doing it on the alter of the devil..
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Greatuzoewulu: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Does the white do traditional weddings? Yes,the church wedding is the white man traditional wedding but an African man will do his own traditional wedding and regard it as if it is not a wedding. Let me ask a question, is it curse or incantations that is done on the traditional wedding day?

Does it mean that prayers said by the parents is irrelevant?. We often say God is omnipresent meaning God is everywhere, is God a witness to our traditional wedding.

Is there anything wrong in inviting our pastors/Reverends to bless the couple on the said date?

We just give ourselves unnecessary pressure. I believe the young groom may not have much fund to sponsor his African traditional wedding and Oyinbo traditional wedding at the same time.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nitah1:
Oga fear God and depart from lies,na you do the traditional marriage y you come the lie here say na your friend?

OK,what's your friend name?

His name is friend, do you believe its not me now?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Do you know the altar tradition stands on? Do you the source of what tradition is based off from?

. If I begin to dig deep into spiritual matters and say for kola or alcoholic drinks the number of demons that comes to such occasion they won't comprehend. It's beyond their thinking. They think anything traditional is anything goes

After they marry all sorts of troubles start to appear. Health, Finance and they don't know that on that day contracts are sealed in the spiritual realm to perpetuate issues

Mehn I wonder who pastors many of the young breed of Christians. What a pity.

By the way, you gave an excellent answer. What does the traditional marriage tie to/stand upon

None of my kids will ever be wedded traditionally. Never.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by mezico96(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
frozen70:

The father is right until the whole formalities are done, especially if she is a virgin woman

Virgin my leg grin
The madam is even pregnant
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by frozen70(f): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

Virgin my leg grin
The madam is even pregnant

Good for them, don't be surprise she will go to her parents to have her delivery
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by bizhop01: 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
Nollywood virgin wife
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tjah: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Marriage is coming together in the presence of God. Let it reach God for approval first. Thank you
That means u mistake marriage for wedding.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tjah:

That means u mistake marriage for wedding.

Smh. What's marriage what's wedding. Plz guys let's drop it abeg. My mind is racy with work
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by bluediesel03: 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
I don't have any problem with the lady staying with the father until church wedding...but my anger is if anything bad happened to the lady while the father's house and the family needs money to sought the thing out,they won't hesitate to remind you that the lady is your wife.....so who is fooling who now..?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tjah: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Smh. What's marriage what's wedding. Plz guys let's drop it abeg. My mind is racy with work
Now i get ur confusion, MARRIAGE is not WEDDING.
carry out a little more research. Thanks sir
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tjah:

Now i get ur confusion, MARRIAGE is not WEDDING.
carry out a little more research. Thanks sir

Go educate yourself first.

Stop dragging me back to a subject that has been done with. Let's work. Keep your perspectives, I'll do the same with mine.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Tjah: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Go educate yourself first.

Stop dragging me back to a subject that has been done with. Let's work. Keep your perspectives, I'll do the same with mine.
No way,Mr man. I refuse to let u b wen u have refused to learn.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BeigJawnson(m): 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

It's your headache if you judge me calling me all knowing Christian. You better one stick with your convictions and let me be.

tha facts still remain. no church wedding in tha bible. and it is not compulsory. period. and you can never dispute tha facts.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by MummyD2020(f): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small

What if they have been having sex prior to the trad?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Goldie50: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
The wedding that Jesus attended and changed water to wine was a TRADITIONAL WEDDING.
It wasn't in the synagogue.

Ruth and Boaz didn't do church wedding.
Isaac and Rebekah didn't. It was a gift exchange, a form of dowry.

God recognises traditional weddings. It is not evil. Let's stop being unnecessarily religious. If your bride price has been paid, you are as good as married. Appearing before a priest in church will not validate the union. Every culture has a way of conducting weddings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking / Female Bodybuilder With Prominent Muscles Weds (photos) / John Edobor Caught In Bed With Another Lady (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.