Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband (3203 Views)

Some Ladies Are Just Ingrate / How Can I Break Up With Her She Is An Ingrate And A Pain To Me / How Do I Deal With My Girlfriend's Male Bestie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by pbae: 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
It looks like this site has some eye catching stories

I will be 46 years this year and my marriage will be 5 years this year. I have been paying bills ( Nepa bills, house rent, putting food on the table, etc) since we got married in the spirit of a supportive wife. Although we are both civil servants with the salary of 44,000 and 55,000 respectively. Unknown to me, he has accrued huge debt before I met him despite the fact we did a lot low key wedding without reception (which was my idea, in my mind I don't want to stretch his financial capacity so that we can enjoy our after wedding). He keeps telling me things will get better even though I supported him going back to school which he will complete by God's grace this year. The Lord blessed us with a bouncing baby girl last year( she is 4months now ) unfortunately, I couldn't not lactate so I had to formula feed. Which I have been financing alone all with no effort from him. I have told him to please look for side hustle so as to relieve me of the burden but he said I should wait till he finishes his HND and he is been upgraded to Senior staff. Recently when we had misunderstanding, he told me whatever assistance I am rendering is for my sake, that I am not helping him. He said when he finally have money it is me that will enjoy, that whatever I do now is what I will reap. he is also not contributing to the welfare of our child

https://www.naijalogic.com/forums/how-can-i-deal-with-my-ingrate-husband.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by jawalis(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2021

Where exactly did he spend his salary? From your story, it was stated one is earning 44k while the other 55k so whoever takes the highest. but at least he should make some contributions toward financing the home from domestic needs to shelter. Something is wrong somewhere, or did you mean he pays debt with his whole salary every month which is not possible. He might be paying debts but not with his 100% income. Trust me; something is hidden somewhere. I’ll advice you take some smart moves before you are relegated. And you need to know what those debts are all about, ask him and make sure you get the truth. Some men are just wicked and will use you achieve his short term goal. All those things he said are not applicable these days. Believe him at your own risk that you are doing those things for yourself. If he’ll buy a car for you; he’ll have a car for himself first and if he’s someone like me, that means he would have settled his family first before you are considered. So use your head and don’t be used. Make sure you inform at least one or two trusted people in his family of what you are going through. Withdraw everything you do at home (from electricity bills to other domestic needs). I mean stop paying those bills for like two months and tell him you have a project too. Stop paying bill, get food for your kid alone and sort yourself out, don’t buy foodstuffs for home, stop the spending for sometimes and watch his reaction.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by dumahi(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
If what you said is true, go and report him to your father-in-law.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Olunmercy56(f): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
This is very bad if this story is true. Kindly let his relatives know what is going. Don't let hypertension kill you untimely.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Bola146(f): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
cry Madam please voice out! Let those who own him know what is going on, they might be the one draining him financially with their bills. My ex boyfriend's Family thought he was the one financing our bills, his mother and siblings was so demanding, I kept quiet, until I gave myself brain to start saving, so he wasn't able to satisfied his family demands, they thought I was the one behind their son's brokenness cheesy cheesy He will send his sibling to my shop to take some items on credit, I was dying in silence until I voiced out! Mi o le wa ku undecided They scattered the relationship grin Now they now know the difference.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by HarunaWest(m): 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
I tire for some men ehn.. Shame is catching me for them mehn..
Why give birth if you ain't ready to cater for the kid?. Ah just don't comprehend mehn, it's insane..And these are the types that brag in future that they trained their children whereas na reverse be the case Sha..This country Nawa

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by ModestGal(f): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Females should stop posting on nairaland because most of the males here are boys and for some reason they are bitter towards women and thus, they only read the post to blame the woman, no matter how glaring the story is that the man is the bad one, they could look for an excuse for a man that killed. Better to stay off nairaland

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Mikester: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
This wasn't posted by the original owner so I'll keep my advice

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Olakunleyakub(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
You married him out of no choice probably because age was no longer on your side!

Report him to his relatives ASAP or else they will call you different names if he reported you to his people first!!

Be patient and prayerful..dark moment will be over soonest!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by jidamsel43(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
okay, I can't kill myself on top of another person's matter

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Bennysam: 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
pbae:

I will be 46 years this year and my marriage will be 5 years this year. I have been paying bills ( Nepa bills, house rent, putting food on the table, etc) since we got married in the spirit of a supportive wife. Although we are both civil servants with the salary of 44,000 and 55,000 respectively. Unknown to me, he has accrued huge debt before I met him despite the fact we did a lot low key wedding without reception (which was my idea, in my mind I don't want to stretch his financial capacity so that we can enjoy our after wedding). He keeps telling me things will get better even though I supported him going back to school which he will complete by God's grace this year. The Lord blessed us with a bouncing baby girl last year( she is 4months now ) unfortunately, I couldn't not lactate so I had to formula feed. Which I have been financing alone all with no effort from him. I have told him to please look for side hustle so as to relieve me of the burden but he said I should wait till he finishes his HND and he is been upgraded to Senior staff. Recently when we had misunderstanding, he told me whatever assistance I am rendering is for my sake, that I am not helping him. He said when he finally have money it is me that will enjoy, that whatever I do now is what I will reap. he is also not contributing to the welfare of our child

You should be doing it with full happiness, a man look at you at age of 41 and you’re here talking trash, you’re the one ungrateful idiot

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Nitah1: 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
jawalis:

Where exactly did he spend his salary? From your story, it was stated one is earning 44k while the other 55k so whoever takes the highest. but at least he should make some contributions toward financing the home from domestic needs to shelter. Something is wrong somewhere, or did you mean he pays debt with his whole salary every month which is not possible. He might be paying debts but not with his 100% income. Trust me; something is hidden somewhere. I’ll advice you take some smart moves before you are relegated. And you need to know what those debts are all about, ask him and make sure you get the truth. Some men are just wicked and will use you achieve his short term goal. All those things he said are not applicable these days. Believe him at your own risk that you are doing those things for yourself. If he’ll buy a car for you; he’ll have a car for himself first and if he’s someone like me, that means he would have settled his family first before you are considered. So use your head and don’t be used. Make sure you inform at least one or two trusted people in his family of what you are going through. Withdraw everything you do at home (from electricity bills to other domestic needs). I mean stop paying those bills for like two months and tell him you have a project too. Stop paying bill, get food for your kid alone and sort yourself out, don’t buy foodstuffs for home, stop the spending for sometimes and watch his reaction.
Are you married?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Nitah1: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bola146:
cry Madam please voice out! Let those who own him know what is going on, they might be the one draining him financially with their bills. My ex boyfriend's Family thought he was the one financing our bills, his mother and siblings was so demanding, I kept quiet, until I gave myself brain to start saving, so he wasn't able to satisfied his family demands, they thought I was the one behind their son's brokenness cheesy cheesy He will send his sibling to my shop to take some items on credit, I was dying in silence until I voiced out! Mi o le wa ku undecided They scattered the relationship grin Now they now know the difference.
They are discussing marriage issue here not boyfriend and girlfriend.

Excuse pls.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
pbae:

B4 I Contribute, Is Dis Ur Story Or Someone's Own?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Nitah1: 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
pbae:

You are not even ashamed of yourself bringing this here.... hope you feel what men go through to feed semi devils called women.

If you are not ready to help, quit go find a Muslim husband your only duty will be bearing kids.

Your husband begged you to endure yet you are here dancing naked in the public.

Married at 40 he even tried for you that alone you shd be grateful.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Softboy001: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
The fact that you came here on Nairaland to call your husband ingrate and made it the topic of your post shows to me the kind of woman you are...

No wonder you got married at 41, only God knows what you did to guys at age 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40.

Spit on thread...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by murphyrichy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
you should be happy he married you at 41 sef, you better go n fix ur marriage without complaining.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Bola146(f): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nitah1:
They are discussing marriage issue here not boyfriend and girlfriend.

Excuse pls.

See one of them, na them lipsrsealed . Op voice out
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Bola146(f): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nitah1:
Are you married?
I guess this is the husband. Face front

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by odinson1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Shut the fvck up and stop complaining! Men have been financing the Bills of the family Since time immemorial and they didn't complain,you just did it for a while and you are calling your husband an ingrate If your husband was the one paying the bills I'm sure sex would be the only thing you'd offer In the Marriage

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Kobicove(m): 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
Always do a thorough due diligence on your partner before you get married so that you avoid unpleasant surprises

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by 1beat(m): 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
your husband didn't marry you to take responsibility but marry you to enjoy responsibility from you due to your age .
God will continue to help you. focus more on how you will take care of your baby and how you will have another one soon because of your age which I blv the two will be okay. just continue praying for him and ensure you take good care of yourself, look nice always and avoid discussing his issue with with people except those you think he respects God will help you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by ifeoluwapo25977: 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
you should be happy he married you at 41 sef, you better go n fix ur marriage without complaining.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Benwallt(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
Divorce him to prove your ego
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by dumahi(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
Softboy001:
The fact that you came here on Nairaland to call your husband ingrate and made it the topic of your post shows to me the kind of woman you are...

No wonder you got married at 41, only God knows what you did to guys at age 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40.

Spit on thread...
You try oh! So, u sabi read 1 2 3.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Pat081: 1:14am On Jan 22, 2021
Bennysam:

You should be doing it with full happiness, a man look at you at age of 41 and you’re here talking trash, you’re the one ungrateful idiot
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Pat081: 1:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Op you always have husand prmble why?? Pray so that this ur baby girl will nt end up like you
pbae:

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Pat081: 1:43am On Jan 22, 2021
I dnt think so because all her post is always her husand do this and that if i can remember very well she post it here some days ago maybe her husand send her out with 3 children or so
Truvel:
B4 I Contribute, Is Dis Ur Story Or Someone's Own?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by IamFINESSE: 3:04am On Jan 22, 2021
46 years old but just 5 years in marriage

Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Bola146(f): 4:53am On Jan 22, 2021
Kobicove:
Always do a thorough due diligence on your partner before you get married so that you avoid unpleasant surprises

Let me serve you hot coffee this morning with your good comment! May we never build our relationship on a faulty foundation
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Nitah1: 6:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Bola146:

I guess this is the husband. Face front
simple question.
Are you married?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Ingrate Husband by Nitah1: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2021
Bola146:

See one of them, na them lipsrsealed . Op voice out
You are not even ashamed of yourself, what advise can you give to married couple when you are not married but Cohabiting?

You are not married yet you want the man to treat you as a wife.

You are not married yet you are staying with a man and now have a nerves to advise a married woman.

You are a disgrace to woman gender.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hookup With Nigeria Lagos Ladies(UNILAG) / A Friend Has Made The Habit Of Always Sleeping At My Place / See What A JSS3 Student Wrote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.