Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People (51681 Views)

Crossdresser, James Brown Now A University Student In The UK (Photo, Video) / Naira Marley Shocks People With The Name He Chose As His Snapchat Handle / Simi Promises To Attend A Twitter User Wedding For Free (see What Happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Nomorelove: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
I don't and will never fancy the university. It hasn't taught me anything till date. I wasted five years of my time learning rubbish. Mind you, the university is not for everyone

2 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by illicit(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
As a tutor, I have taught several uneducated people to speak English....

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by orisunmibare01(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
kambili999:
Speaking eloquently shouldn't be solely from university. IMO, one should learn how to speak eloquently from primary school. University should just help polish a person.

I like how she speaks smiley
eloquence is from the primary and secondary school, while writing is mostly learnt in the higher institution.
I started reading english language like maths in the higher institution.

i'm pretty sure she'll be exposed if she's meant to write anything official.

3 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Seniorwriter(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
Very Many of them will be Dead-Shock realizing that most of the richest, wealthiest and influential personalities around the Globe are educated but not university graduates before attaining their success heights

The world is moving and upgrading from orthodox University process

Education is never only about attending or been a university graduate.

We Mooove
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!!

@SeniorWriter
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by samsard(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
ecomalchemist:
A university degree doesn't really guarantee anything in the real world, its just a worthless piece of paper, I wish I knew this earlier I wouldn't have gone to uni.

I would have gone to learn a trade or profitable skill, that's the way to go now in Nigeria.

If you still depend on a piece of paper to put on the table, I'm very sorry for you.
If you went to school and didn't get any value from it, then I don't know what you studied or how much effort you put in.
You should know this though, we can't all be laborers or buy and sell. Even illiterates can buy and sell. Where education works, it is usually the higher institutions that fuel innovation and churn out future innovators because of its research.

2 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
well I'm not surprised,.
many celebrities today don't have any college background but they speak eloquently...
and that's also shows u that is not by going to school will make u very successful in life
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by trevorhorace(m): 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
People keep forgetting that primary and secondary is the main education. If you attended very good ones, you're already set for life. University is basically for getting deeper insight into a field. Sadly University education is more emphasized in our society and that's why we have examination malpractices, forged certificates, bought certificates and millions of half baked and non baked graduates littering everywhere. I'd rather spend millions in getting the best basic education for my kids because I know they'll be able to confidently take it up from there anywhere else.

3 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by orisunmibare01(m): 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Daviddoma(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
onthehill:
BBNaija lockdown star, Vee, took to her Twitter handle to ask why most people are in shock to know that she never attended a university, IgbereTV reports.

Many of her followers were surprised as they took to her comment section to talk about how her eloquence and accent are way better than someone with a university degree.

Vee caught the viewers' attention with her Queen's English accent during the Big Brother Naija reality TV show.

Vee wondered why people are shocked that she didn't attend a university.

She tweeted:

https://twitter.com/veeiye/status/1352593178998829056?s=19

She is right. Success don't mean u went to school,but it means u enlighten ur brain to the latest development.
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by KingRabota: 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
So ??
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by brexit: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
It didn't shock us you need to go to school, you can succeed overseas but the inferiority complex will kill you in Nigeria

Soonest this celebrity issues without adequate capacity and capability will end, at least in Baylesa state a first class student has replaced former bbnaija Nnengi as the face of the child
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ecomalchemist(m): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
samsard:
If you went to school and didn't get any value from it, then I don't know what you studied or how much effort you put in.
You should know this though, we can't all be laborers or buy and sell. Even illiterates can buy and sell. Where education works, it is usually the higher institutions that fuel innovation and churn out future innovators because of its research.

The educational system is obsolete in Nigeria my g, its best one learns digital skills to compete globally.

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by TLE900: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nairaland is turning to copy and paste. E be like say nairaland de waste my data. U see some thing some where the next is that it's been posted on nairaland .
onthehill:
BBNaija lockdown star, Vee, took to her Twitter handle to ask why most people are in shock to know that she never attended a university, IgbereTV reports.

Many of her followers were surprised as they took to her comment section to talk about how her eloquence and accent are way better than someone with a university degree.

Vee caught the viewers' attention with her Queen's English accent during the Big Brother Naija reality TV show.

Vee wondered why people are shocked that she didn't attend a university.

She tweeted:

https://twitter.com/veeiye/status/1352593178998829056?s=19
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Princeton92(m): 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
Hey, you didn't?? Even right now, I'm kinda shocked!
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ensamy(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
A girl fine and no get sense na her t-t- go suffer am... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ednut1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
University is now like pure water in Nigeria
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by aryzgreat: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
Why won't someone based in UK speak queens English?

Clout chasing... SMH

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ceejayluv(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
She's literally based in England.... What / how do you expect her to speak?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by flamingREED(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
There's this inward sorrow we feel when we realise that we have not been to a higher Institution.
It's so sad a reality.

Do all you can to go to school.
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by letitrainnow(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
What kind of English is:

- Is it still shocking people -

Correct English should be:

Does it still amaze people
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Oizee(f): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
habsydiamond:
As if queen English is a special course in the uni.... Do one have to go to university before being able to speak English.. I don't think so... There are many undergraduates and even overgraduates that can't construct one sentence without leaving out error. If na oyinbo land.. U dont have to go to school to speak... The language is in u like peak milk... Only children from wealthy homes speak good English because of the primary and secondary schools they attended and their urban environmental factors ... I think she's an example of such. If not she for dey blow grammar like this
d pictures are quite funny...... the piles are really the funniest
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ecomalchemist(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nomorelove:
I don't and will never fancy the university. It hasn't taught me anything till date. I wasted five years of my time learning rubbish. Mind you, the university is not for everyone

Absolute truth, unless you want to study a professional course like medicine, law or accounting.
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Karlifate: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
habsydiamond:
As if queen English is a special course in the uni.... Do one have to go to university before being able to speak English.. I don't think so... There are many undergraduates and even overgraduates that can't construct one sentence without leaving out error. If na oyinbo land.. U dont have to go to school to speak... The language is in u like peak milk... Only children from wealthy homes speak good English because of the primary and secondary schools they attended and their urban environmental factors ... I think she's an example of such. If not she for dey blow grammar like this

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Karlifate: 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
letitrainnow:
What kind of English is:

- Is it still shocking people -

Correct English should be:

Does it still amaze people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by nkemdi89(f): 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
She remind me of an American returnee back then in my secondary school , she speaks fluently but couldn't read , our English teacher do exempt her from punishment on the ground that their method of education is different from ours . She later dropped out of school .

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by brexit: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
People mostimes do not understand that speaking good English does not make one a literate person, some of these people speaking grammar give them pen to write in the next 30 minutes they are still confused

That's why the meaning of literacy is ones ability to read and write not speaking grammar, you may test her in those parameters if she can cope
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Denique(f): 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
loosecanon50:

To make heaven go hard you oo grin

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Jimmy231: 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Me sef no be graduate o.

When people ask me, what's you qualification? And I answer, am a high school leaver.

Them they be like.
From afar person go done know your own
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Nomorelove: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
ecomalchemist:

Absolute truth, unless you want to study a professional course like medicine, law or accounting.
Seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” / Nigerian Blogger Omojuwa, Has Two P.As And Pays Each N1million? (Pictured) / Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.