Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People (51677 Views)

Crossdresser, James Brown Now A University Student In The UK (Photo, Video) / Naira Marley Shocks People With The Name He Chose As His Snapchat Handle / Simi Promises To Attend A Twitter User Wedding For Free (see What Happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by BigDick70inch(m): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nomorelove:
I don't and will never fancy the university. It hasn't taught me anything till date. I wasted five years of my time learning rubbish. Mind you, the university is not for everyone

Oga....
University was set up to develop your intellectual knowledge.....
The fact u weren't too good with yo academics....doesn't make university a thrash....

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Originalsly: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
habsydiamond:

As if queen English is a special course in the uni.... Do one have to go to university before being able to speak English.. I don't think so... There are many undergraduates and even overgraduates that can't construct one sentence without leaving out error. If na oyinbo land.. U dont have to go to school to speak... The language is in u like peak milk... Only children from wealthy homes speak good English because of the primary and secondary schools they attended and their urban environmental factors ... I think she's an example of such. If not she for dey blow grammar like this

Sooo on point.....and sooo many people.impressed by fake foreign accents.... to them........ foreign accent ... real or fake...is a mark of higher education. So why won't they be shocked?

@ signs!....... grin grin lwkmd
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Jimmy231: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Her followers her dumb

Why are they surprised?.....
Speaking English dey different from writing it

Most people way dey foam accent and speak English go fail English exam anyday anytime twice on Sunday....

I can bet my balls this vee nor go get common C for English if he write waec
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Nomorelove: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
flamingREED:
There's this inward sorrow we feel when we realise that we have not been to a higher Institution.
It's so sad a reality.

Do all you can to go to school.
Speak solely for yourself please
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Oizee(f): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nomorelove:
I don't and will never fancy the university. It hasn't taught me anything till date. I wasted five years of my time learning rubbish. Mind you, the university is not for everyone
please don't regret......I used to admire a lady back den in BUK, she speaks English nicely, but there was a day we were taken to the security post to make statement, d lady couldn't write anything.......it was embarrassing

2 Likes

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ofiko123(m): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
Cashsteady:
who cares

Abi o..
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by adedehinbo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
These people have come again ooo! In this 2021 you still following me up and down! I don't know if it's a curse ni or village people! Any time I buckled myself trying to enroll for first degree,this kind of topics comes from no where,either from people or online regarding University as a waste of time,it has been happening for a long time making me abandon the move by learning skills,now recently I couldn't find a job after I just lost in the feild of what I learned! Now recently I regret the worst abt my life when someone who I knows to be very influential asked me for my qualifications so he could get me a better job,I just looked stupid to him when I told him first school leaving certificate (SSCE).
Now I am 32 trying to see if I can pick myself and start from somewhere,this post came again! All of you including my enemies are mad ooo

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by ayaomen(f): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
Jimmy231:
From afar person go done know your own
walahi him no go, instead of "I'm", him use "am".
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by directonpc(m): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
Sundays on NL:
Starts with topics about Christianity on FP.
Ends with BB Naija things.
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Nomorelove: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
Oizee:
please don't regret......I used to admire a lady back den in BUK, she speaks English nicely, but there was a day we were taken to the security post to make statement, d lady couldn't write anything.......it was embarrassing
Am I the lady? Mind you, I'm educated. Nigerians confuse education with going to the university. There is a reason we have "Universal basic education". The foundation is from primary and secondary school. The university is only if you want to further and nothing else. Like I said, the University isn't for everyone. People that want to study medicine, law and accounting or engineering can go there but if I want to become something else wetin concern me concern university? Nigeria will begin to grow when we realise this
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by jacobnel(m): 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
���Why she no go dey speak very eloquent, person wey dey born for london.English naa her mother tongue now.Assuming dem born her for a local village in naija she no go dey eloquent like this
onthehill:
BBNaija lockdown star, Vee, took to her Twitter handle to ask why most people are in shock to know that she never attended a university, IgbereTV reports.

Many of her followers were surprised as they took to her comment section to talk about how her eloquence and accent are way better than someone with a university degree.

Vee caught the viewers' attention with her Queen's English accent during the Big Brother Naija reality TV show.

Vee wondered why people are shocked that she didn't attend a university.

She tweeted:

https://twitter.com/veeiye/status/1352593178998829056?s=19
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Lovelyn451(f): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
no wonder!! is it still shocking people....she speaks the typical naija English, I now come..I now go...and claim to grow up in London... hmm
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by airsaylongcome: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Her followers her dumb

Why are they surprised?.....
Speaking English dey different from writing it

Most people way dey foam accent and speak English go fail English exam anyday anytime twice on Sunday....

I can bet my balls this vee nor go get common C for English if he write waec

WAEC too hard give her NECO. Funny thing is a lot of us Nigerians will fail their English too. Case in point, the words "to" and "too" have the same exact pronunciations
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by tunddy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
I sell duplex in Lagos and outside lagos; 4 bed room semi detached duplex,hotels,
Bungalow,blocks of flats, lands ; I also have properties for a long term lease; ware house,hotel;
Properties for letting; 3 bed room flat,2 bed room flat, mini flat, room self for an affordable price.

Check my signature for more information
Call/Whatsapp: 0*8*1*3*2*2*8*5*2*3*3
Note: Remove * from the number
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by winner37(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Any difference ?

tell us that you are still a virgin ?
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Femeto: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
She go Polytechnic grin
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by eveninnewspaper: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
A university education is good. Very good if you live and plan to climb up the ladder in NIGERIA!
I've had people give me the 'you don't say!' look each time I tell them I'm only but a high school grad. Their reason is not unrelated to the general view that you can only speak or write well if you went to the university.
Speaking/writing well is a product of your Primary and Secondary education. Those are your basics. You only get a deeper insight in the university and for people like us who didn't, not because I belong to the school that "school na scam", I simply read up...
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Handsomecole(m): 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yes it's not compulsory to attend but it's necessary and why not if you have the means to attend ...
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
Chimookigwe:

If you package it well and it works, you will go places.
it works sir, and we trying our best
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by toprealman: 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
Did she grow up here? Environment matters.
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by SouthNigerian: 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
Jimmy231:
From afar person go done know your own

Fulani herdsman done see chance to bash me

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Oshokalo: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
that's a Nigeria mentality, they forgot English is just a language,maybe because we were colonised by the British and their language
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by pasol4real(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
samsard:
Anyone from an upper middle class home in Nigeria with exposure or who spends time abroad can speak good English without a university degree.
They don't exactly teach British accent in school.
People seem to forgot that English is just like every other language and there are uneducated or semi educated people who speak it very well.
There u go again, so you think what makes one educated is university degree?For ur info, You can go to the university n still not be educated
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by We4all: 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
eveninnewspaper:
A university education is good. Very good if you live and plan to climb up the ladder in NIGERIA!
I've had people give me the 'you don't say!' look each time I tell them I'm only but a high school grad. Their reason is not unrelated to the general view that you can only speak or write well if you went to the university.
Speaking/writing well is a product of your Primary and Secondary education. Those are your basics. You only get a deeper insight in the university and for people like us who didn't, not because I belong to the school that "school na scam", I simply read up...

If I were to judge your level of education based on your writing skills, I would assume you're a PH.D holder.

1 Like

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Olakunleyakub(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
No any professors or lecturers teaches anybody how to speak English fluently in the universities except your foundations and personal improvement.

How to improve your communication skill?

Master atleast 5 new words every day
Use them to create a meaningful sentences
Read different amazing books, newspapers and the likes
Pay attention to some amazing grammatical constructions and inculcate them into your daily speaking skill
Listening more than you talk
See english and American movies

Have even lost track of new words have learned on this platform from amazing minds indirectly!!!

Do that and be better than some so called graduates......he shock you?

Peace!!!
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
teamsynergy:
Uni isn't compulsory

You obviously haven't attended anyone. If at all you have, then you attended the type that can make you say what you just said.

cheesy
Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Kalusam(m): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nigerians who are shocked are funnny sha, do they teach diction or proper english speaking at higher inatitutions? All they teach in the first year is academic english which can only be comprehended by someone who undersands basic english.
onthehill:
BBNaija lockdown star, Vee, took to her Twitter handle to ask why most people are in shock to know that she never attended a university, IgbereTV reports.

Many of her followers were surprised as they took to her comment section to talk about how her eloquence and accent are way better than someone with a university degree.

Vee caught the viewers' attention with her Queen's English accent during the Big Brother Naija reality TV show.

She tweeted:

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Seyzcham91(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
na mumu people dey shock no be sensible ones like me

undecided undecided English is from secondary school
onthehill:

She tweeted:

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Seyzcham91(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
na mumu people dey shock no be sensible ones like me

undecided undecided English is from secondary school

and those people are mad to have been surprised of your eloquence, environment we raised and grown matters alot, you were raised in the UK hence your eloquence so what to make big deal of that

Mumu people surprise of mumu thing for mumu person thereby creating Mumu thread to bring up to this mumu platform

nairaland don dey fall my hand oo undecided
onthehill:

She tweeted:

Re: Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People by Focusmind: 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
Do they even speak English in Nigerian Universities? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” / Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap / DJ Lamboghini: Nigerian Female DJ Who Can Easily Be Mistaken For A Man(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.