Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) (53031 Views)

Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) / Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market / Fire Engulfed Katangowa Market In Agbado/okeodo, Lagos State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by hedocharles(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2021
Gbagura:
They should take their multi billion Biafran pounds to onitsha.

Radarada

If you have a point to make . Just do that, there's no point attacking people's opinion
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
look at the pictures of the prototype behind the image of sanwoolu on that sign board. that's the look when completed and not the Makeshift shops you're seeing in the pictures. Those shops are currently in use by the akube cloth sellers who would be relocated elsewhere upon completion of the modern ICT Market. That place seen in the pictures would be the site. Most of the structures have attained window level. I'd share more pictures later so you can see.

Your heading says "permanent site of computer village under construction". Now u are telling me that I should "look at the pictures of the prototype behind the image of sanwoolu on that sign board".

Is it inside d signboard that they are doing d construction?

1 Like

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 8:43am On Jan 29, 2021
lexy2014:

Your heading says "permanent site of computer village under construction". Now u are telling me that I should "look at the pictures of the prototype behind the image of sanwoolu on that sign board".

Is it inside d signboard that they are doing d construction?
Don't conclude in a hurry. Why not just wait and see as the buildings are erected first grin. Can you see those real buildings right behind the signboard.. not the sign board pictures this time?...that's the ICT market information centre where you can visit to inquire about the particular gadget you want to buy as a visitor in case you can't find your way. There's also a police post, which is by that signboard, already roofed.

I'd share more pictures soonest. It's a massive place.
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by AbijaJ: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
look at the pictures of the prototype behind the image of sanwoolu on that sign board. that's the look when completed and not the Makeshift shops you're seeing in the pictures. Those shops are currently in use by the akube cloth sellers who would be relocated elsewhere upon completion of the modern ICT Market. That place seen in the pictures would be the site. Most of the structures have attained window level. I'd share more pictures later so you can see.

Ogbeni, na you cause all the yanma yanma talk wey some people dey yarn on top this thread. Why you sef go show more pictures of structures wey look like abattoir tent than the actual structures of the new site. Next time work on your presentation skills to avoid all this shalaye wey you dey do.
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2021
AbijaJ:

Ogbeni, na you cause all the yanma yanma talk wey some people dey yarn on top this thread. Why you sef go show more pictures of structures wey look like abattoir tent than the actual structures of the new site. Next time work on your presentation skills to avoid all this shalaye wey you dey do.
OK sir. I'm sharing more pics soonest
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Nightalan: 8:49am On Jan 29, 2021
Ishilove:

The distance is quite far and the traders will resist being moved.
Resist being moved You guys think way too highly of yourselves in Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Rupertek: 8:49am On Jan 29, 2021
princemillla:

You really think the traders don't have choice? They do. Yes, you can remove them from the present location by force, but you need their cooperation to move to the new location. If the place is not convenient for them, what you will see is expansion in other smaller nearby markets, abandoning the new site.

Resist u said sis, they don’t have choice except we want to have same experience to the Lagos island with the introduction of CBD
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:50am On Jan 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Don't conclude in a hurry. Why not just wait and see as the buildings are erected first grin. Can you see those real buildings right behind the signboard.. not the sign board pictures this time?...that's the ICT market information centre where you can visit to inquire about the particular gadget you want to buy as a visitor in case you can't find your way. There's also a police post, which is by that signboard, already roofed.

I'd share more pictures soonest. It's a massive place.

Oga, I didn't conclude. Na question I ask u. U are struggling to defend urself and d information u are trying to sell doesn't add up. At first u said it is under construction. Later u said, it is d prototype inside signboard. Now ur story has changed to "real buildings on d right of d signboard" and police post. How is d "real building on d right of d signboard" better than what is in ikeja? Is there police post at ikeja computer village? Is it inside police post that they will sell computer?
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by giftyechi123: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2021
But they were unable to relocate mile 12 market that is causing heavy traffic alone ikorodu road because it's house/fulani...
But are quick to flex there muscle on igbos undecided
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2021
lexy2014:

Oga, I didn't conclude. Na question I ask u. U are struggling to defend urself and d information u are trying to sell doesn't add up. At first u said it is under construction. Later u said, it is d prototype inside signboard. Now ur story has changed to "real buildings on d right of d signboard" and police post. How is d "real building on d right of d signboard" better than what is in ikeja? Is there police post at ikeja computer village? Is it inside police post that they will sell computer?
Wait for more pics. I'd be there again this weekend. Have a nice day
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Wisejohnson47(m): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2021
[quote author=dawnomike post=98536652]I really do not get the point the poster above me is trying to make... [/ He said they should build a standard shops not that thing there
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Bluffly: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2021
Harrykn:
What's this structure sef, why is my country so messed up?
Una dey does things like say money nor dey because Una don loot tire before this project reach this level.

It's not a case of money but that of value. The government does not value the average Nigerians.
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Nightalan: 8:55am On Jan 29, 2021
BastardWike:
Imagine buildings that look like abandoned abattoir is what Lagos State government is building in 2021 as a market for computer village shocked shocked This country is really messed up.

Igbos should relocate the hub to Onitsha. Removing the computer village from Ikeja to that slum doesn't make sense. Bring all your computer business headquarters to Onitsha, including opening of your containers. Even if it means transporting some of the goods back to school, let the end users in Lagos bear the added cost while Onitsha becomes cheaper.
You better start your evangelism offline, and stop beating dry chest here, and please not only the computer business, tell them to move every other thing too and finally relocate to Biafra. You will be surprised how quickly that void will be filled. Let South Westerners have a breath of fresh air.

5 Likes

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:56am On Jan 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Wait for more pics. I'd be there again this weekend. Have a nice day

Which pictures? U don't have anything. U are just making noise
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Rupertek: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2021
[ you are simply being myopic than real. How can you be telling someone doing his business in lagos to take it down to Onitsha? Was Onitsha not there when he moved to lagos? Does Onitsha has better market than the one lagos is offering?
The customers are in lagos, they cannot move to Onitsha. Let the traders in computer Village move to onitsha, the other markets selling same items will quickly take advantage and Expand. There are uo to 5 markets selling same item in lagos, Alaba international is gradually matching computer village.
You are simply asking the computer village traders to commit suicide. They are not that stupid
quote author=BastardWike post=98541162]Imagine buildings that look like abandoned abattoir is what Lagos State government is building in 2021 as a market for computer village shocked shocked This country is really messed up.

Igbos should relocate the hub to Onitsha. Removing the computer village from Ikeja to that slum doesn't make sense. Bring all your computer business headquarters to Onitsha, including opening of your containers. Even if it means transporting some of the goods back to school, let the end users in Lagos bear the added cost while Onitsha becomes cheaper.[/quote]
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Malawian(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2021
Minjim:

Grow up!

"Owo oni ran"
Everyone is in biz to make money not promote tribal banter .
People will do their biz where the market for their target customers is located

So taking a multi billion dollar business to an area filled with jobless Yoruba urchins is the way to go. So that any unrest, they will go on a looting spree. After they have finished their eleran mall, they will sell meat inside. No time.
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by AbijaJ: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
OK sir. I'm sharing more pics soonest

Correct.
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2021
Malawian:
Are those Warehouse structures the said computer village? looks like these idiots think Igbo's will bring their multi billion naira wares to sell in an eleran mall. Computer village Ikeja is here to stay.

I'm sure the space will be partitioned with cement blocks which will be plastered and painted.

The floor needs to be tiled and proper windows fixed to prevent dust and moisture which are deadly to electronics and computer hardware.

The roof shouldn't be left bare as well. There must be suspended ceilings to prevent too much heat in the day, also not good for sensitive devices such as are sold in the Computer Village.

Power supply, road network, drainage and water supply should be adequate, as well as proper parking spaces.

If the Computer Village people know what's good for them, they better put together a group of stakeholder representatives and spokespeople to make sure that place is well prepared.

Else, Tinubu's APC will take them for a ride.
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by BastardWike: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2021
Naughtysex:
Abum nwa afó but i will tell you that your first statement is useless

Instead of you to drag our Eastern governors for not enticing our Lagos based business men with infrastructures that will enable them bring back home their businesses
you are here busy creating enemies for your self

Ibu nwa afo? Gini ji wee mezie? Or don't we have foolish "my mama say I be Igbo" again? So asking Igbos to bring their business hubs to the East in a free market soceity is what you call making enemies for yourself?

Nna, iweghi ako n'uche, ma ncha. If you have sense you will know that Lagos State government have not done anything to entice or encourage such clusters in Lagos, if anything they look for ways to exploit and frustrate them for selfish reasons. The only reason those hubs thrive in Lagos is because of they've already been established there based on the status of Lagos as former capital. However, with advancements in technology, especially computers, phones and webcams etc, people can now establish their business headquarters anywhere and operate from there.

What has successive Lagos State governors done for businesses in Lagos to encourage them? Is taxing them excessively or forcing them out of strategic areas in the city to slums in the suburbs your idea of encouragement?

1 Like

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by tempusfugit: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2021
rubbish!!!!
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by somehow: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2021
Harrynight:

If u are familiar with the route, it not far, It's jus a straight road from Ikeja Along to Katangowa... If not for traffic one would be there is less than 30min

30 mins? haba
a 10 mins drive without traffic is 30 mins?
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by blasterman(m): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2021
Malawian:
Are those Warehouse structures the said computer village? looks like these idiots think Igbo's will bring their multi billion naira wares to sell in an eleran mall. Computer village Ikeja is here to stay.

Them go give all of una quit notice and when dem go come e go be like film

One thing lagos state govt sabi do na demolish and burn . That market started in late 90s maybe 98. It was mostly yoruba trades selling computer and phone shops.very few igbos but until 2001/2004 them begin they multply like bacteria. Most of the houses there own by yoruba families but them rent am out and its profitable for them. all tribes dey there

The problem is

The current computer village is in a residential area

So its no longer sustainable to have a market there.

NA small small the thing turn into market

By the time them finish with the new plan for that area e go be like london

2 Likes

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by sammirano: 9:21am On Jan 29, 2021
Gbagura:
They should take their multi billion Biafran pounds to onitsha.

Radarada

No mind the werey people. see talk as if its his fathers land. If you people make us vex, we will send you back to your mud land.

2 Likes

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by BastardWike: 9:21am On Jan 29, 2021
Nightalan:

You better start your evangelism offline, and stop beating dry chest here, and please not only the computer business, tell them to move every other thing too and finally relocate to Biafra. You will be surprised how quickly that void will be filled. Let South Westerners have a breath of fresh air.

Lol, the void will be filled by who? You think computer village business and its value chain is similar to selling agbo? Yes, I have been doing the advocacy at every given opportunity and Igbo businessmen are already aware of all these.

You think making Onitsha a hub will now mean Igbos will stop doing computer business in Lagos? Hell no! They will simply make Onitsha hub for computer business in West Africa and computer goods will be cheaper there because there union can unilaterally decide that all there members will only open their containers in Onitsha, with their mega warehouses built there. Instead of ordering from Lagos, people all over Nigeria will start ordering from Onitsha.

FYI, there are already certain goods that has Onitsha as its hub in Nigeria, so it may be a little difficult to achieve but not impossible.

1 Like

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by blasterman(m): 9:23am On Jan 29, 2021
BastardWike:

Ibu nwa afo? Gini ji wee mezie? Or don't we have foolish "my mama say I be Igbo" again? So asking Igbos to bring their business hubs to the East in a free market soceity is what you call making enemies for yourself?

Nna, iweghi ako n'uche, ma ncha. If you have sense you will know that Lagos State government have not done anything to entice or encourage such clusters in Lagos, if anything they look for ways to exploit and frustrate them for selfish reasons. The only reason those hubs thrive in Lagos is because of they've already been established there based on the status of Lagos as former capital. However, with advancements in technology, especially computers, phones and webcams etc, people can now establish their business headquarters anywhere and operate from there.

What has successive Lagos State governors done for businesses in Lagos to encourage them? Is taxing them excessively or forcing them out of strategic areas in the city to slums in the suburbs your idea of encouragement?

That so call cluster village is just representation of the decay in nigeria and then the greed of landlords.

that whole area was residental and not meant for selling goods

in a civilised nation you cannot just be seling market anywhere

1 Like

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Ishilove: 9:23am On Jan 29, 2021
Kayharry:
distance is not the issue , most of the trader at computer village come from that new site axis.
That is interesting. I had no idea
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by somehow: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2021
bonnyhope:
Why not located at somewhere close to centre of Lagos

How do they expect someone from island or Aja to go to Abule egba

There are similar markets on the island
Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by Nightalan: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2021
BastardWike:

Lol, the void will be filled by who? You think computer village business and its value chain is similar to selling agbo? Yes, I have been doing the advocacy at every given opportunity and Igbo businessmen are already aware of all these.

You think making Onitsha a hub will now mean Igbos will stop doing computer business in Lagos? Hell no! They will simply make Onitsha hub for computer business in West Africa and computer goods will be cheaper there because there union can unilaterally decide that all there members will only open their containers in Onitsha, with their mega warehouses built there. Instead of ordering from Lagos, people all over Nigeria will start ordering from Onitsha.

FYI, there are already certain goods that has Onitsha as its hub in Nigeria, so it may be a little difficult to achieve but not impossible.
Lmao, Igbos and their tall tales, you guys think way too highly of yourselves, you're dispensable so quit this nauseating chest beating and start moving o and let's see what happens to that niche market in Lagos. Msheww.

3 Likes

Re: Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) by dawnomike(m): 9:32am On Jan 29, 2021
[quote author=Wisejohnson47 post=98543665][/quote]But the ones in computer village are not better that what is posted up there...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sade Okoya Dazzles For Hello! Nigeria Magazine(photos) / How To Make Money Online Doing A Simple Task / Shoprite Building A Mall In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.