Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria (67438 Views)

See The N50 Pepper And Onions I Bought In Kano / Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 300 And 350 Naira Respectively In Nnewi / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by deebrain(m): 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2021
Not bad at all.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by alexola20(m): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
€0.10,wow!!

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Buziness101: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

That’s why the North is still very poor because they are very comfortable with cheap things

From cheap transportation

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

You can’t make it in your comfort zone

If you only you know what the equivalent in terms of 50 pounds, 50 Dollars, 50 Yuan, 50 Euro can do in the contemporary market... You will pity your currency
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mikepenny5:
I lived in Zaria for years was born there also. To be honest in the north things are cheap
Very cheap
You can say that again.... here inside Ahmadu things, particularly tomatoes and pepper are relatively cheap.... with your 100 naira you fit run small stew for three days ( Talking from experience)

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Uniquekriss(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

That’s why the North is still very poor because they are very comfortable with cheap things

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

Nigerians, you guys would always find a way to turn things around. If u were d beneficiary u wouldn't mk such comments

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Munzy14:

Exactly...And they easily trust people o.

When I was in Jigawa, sometimes if I buy something, and balance become an issue, the won't bother, they will tell me to go and come back next time to settle them.

I just imagine such life here in SE...grin. Let me hear say shop owner no go lock shop to go look for balance..
Lol, seriously, and the balance fit be like 15naria.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Nollynwa1(m): 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nawaoo.. 50 naira!
Meehn, this excessively cheap!
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by samwillyco1(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
Op come to Anambra State, you will see that, you will only buy one onion with that your #50
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by joinnow: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
TheZebra:
I decided to go out today to get a little tomato for the weekend and since i stay alone, i decided to buy both tomato And onion for 50naira. To be honest i was a little disappointed with the quantity, because here in the North I'm used to getting large quantity for the same price. I guess the tomato season is almost over that's why.

What do you think guys? Fair or not for such amount?

don't return back stay there and enjoy your tomato
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

O ye Bitter soul, try and find comfort in little things like this. cease to hate, because it blackens the soul and ruins the spirit.

Northern people are contented people. most of them say Alhamdulila for the little things they have. do you want them to make things expensive and hard for people to purchase!??

O ye Bitter soul, find comfort in little things!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by deliveryboy: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

What’s this one saying?

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Laggatumuch(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dreyton36:

No be for person wey they bomb and cashout steady
Help me tell am ooh

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by 4ckyou: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
post=98646699:
First of All,
@ [/color] : This is the BEST YEAR of our lives so far!
We never saw that coming in January of 2020.

God is simply a wonderful working God.
He is the way maker and miracle worker
We cannot simply thank him enough.

It's been a tremendous, beautiful and bountiful year for us despite all that went on throughout the world.

GOD IS GREAT!
THANK YOU JESUS!!

Secondly,
(Excerpts from another onion thread).
We are about creating a thread on Onions, to be titled, 'How Onions turned to Gold in Nigeria'!

One of the 4 major things that kept us offline for around 2 months some months ago.
Well before the #Endsars protest started.
It can only be God.

We have to take a back seat to continue making progress for ourselves @[b][/b] in Agricultural sector in our darling country, Nigeria.
Since many years prior now,
it has always been a SUCCESS story.
You can hardly go wrong in agriculture,
With God by your side.

We particularly went into Onions, cucumber and carrots planting just 2 months after the pandemic started last year on some couple of acres of land in some places in the Southern and Western part of the country.
Apart from our Catfish business which has been successful all the way.

We never knew a time like this will come, that onions will turn into gold in our country!
As much as we pray that the prices go down soon,
as we are supplying the major and small markets in our state of residence and neighbouring states, and the demands are still coming all over the country.
It has been hectic, but it has been smiles all the way for us.

We really hope Nigerian youths get something going for themselves personally.

One of the well-respectable member we met here on Nairaland came to see us @[b][/b] after this Lockdown was lifted (She met with Sisi Yewande and other [color=#006600]MANNA team),
She told us that we are the most hopeful people that still believe this Nigeria can be great again.
That we type that phrase in almost all our politics related comments and she must have read that over 10,000 times from us (she wasn't far from the truth tho')
She went further to explain that the phrase 'Nigeria go better' is actually a unique and personal phrase for everyone,
not for Nigeria as a country collectively,
That when you become successful in life (as for us, in a legit way) Nigeria don better for you be dat!
But that Nigeria to be better as in like Dubai, Yankee or other sane countries, that it will take more than 100 years.
We pondered on it for a moment, sighed, shook our heads at the reality and reply her with 'Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime!'
We have remained good friends since then, more like families now.
She issa good soul and has a very good personality.
(Please babes, never quote this whenever you see this biko wink)

Now back to dis onions matter,
Naija youths, farming is now being made easy compare to the days of our grandfathers and fathers, we have new equipments to do what hoes and cutlass used to do back then.
In as much as things can still improve,
The government are doing some positive things for farmers, continuing from where the previous government stopped.

We noticed that the local farmers we talked with still need more encouragement, they still need things like
Loans and grants for farmers, fertilizers being provided, irrigation, good roads and storage facilities.
We are sending the Ministry of Agriculture letters and messages concerning how farming can be more encouraged among Youths (Youths that are ready to roll up their sleeves and work and not some lazy ones waiting for fraud monies from an old white lady abroad, money they end up wasting in clubs and on some codedR babes!)

With some educational background and a lot of research,
Going into farming has been a huge blessings.
No time is too late guys.
This is where street credibility and education goes hand in hand.
Learning is a continuous process, we are still learning each day.
Sure all of us cannot be farmers, or entrepreneurs,
we still need some to work at the offices.
But with a population of 200 million people with the youth around the half of that population.
Entrepreneurship/Farming will make you successful and take care of yourself and your families with peace of mind.
You being educated and sophisticated and being an agile youth will make this even work better for you and sure,
it will be interesting every day,
which makes you have fun as you make your money.
Sure, you can employ people working for you, something we started with, but you won't know when you will actually joined those guys to start planting and doing what you see them doing.
It's that fun.
Nigeria youths, take charge of your future,
#WeDidOurPart

Modify : Just came across this 2 threads below from members here.
Hell nooo shocked!!
This should be the markets that solely get their supplies from the Northern part of Nigeria, so when any issue happened just like the aftermath of the protest, things will be more expensive cos their trucks cannot move freely like before.
Imagine if we have lots and lots of farmers and farmlands at PH, Onions won't be so expensive as this
@ [color=#006600][/color] , we don't sell our onions this expensive, mba!
This is too ridiculous in prices.
We love God first before we became business women and men, so we will never read anyone off blindly.

We Rise!

You really have time to type, to tell you the truth, many of us don't read your post we just skip and pass cause they are always full of gibberish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by blamingthedevil: 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
4ckyou:

You really have time to type, to tell you the truth, many of us don't read your post we just skip and pass cause they are always full of gibberish
But you refused to skip this one today

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by BRATISLAVA: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Xscape1993:
All these for #50 and you are still complaining?

It's small compared to the norm for such price. But guess it's ok still.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Munzy14(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Angel246:
[/b] Lol, seriously, and the balance fit be like 15naria.
grin I swear.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by clockwisereport: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
@TheZebra, can you please help me with the direction to Zaria(Ahmadu Bello University) from Kaduna

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by samwash(m): 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
dokyOloye:

If that 'modest' lifestyle was working for them,the whole of the north wouldn't be a killing field as is currently.
Tell me which contented man that would prefer to live in the bush from Jan to December, year to year in the name of boko,bandit, herdsmen,kidnappers etc

If you say so, what abt the militants that stays in the creeks for days unpon days, running into months in the ND area of Nigeria.
Abeg u nor get valid point.
Leave the northern alone with their life style, it their way & they are comfortable with it, you can't change it Bro.

4 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by GentleA(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

Oga.. I served in the North as a corps member, I saw people making millions from just harvesting maize in one planting season. Only maize ok, am not even including ginger, onions, tomatoes and the rest. Those people are stinkingly rich, they just don't flaunt it. Funny enough, one of the best rice farmer in the community I served doesn't even own a car, only bike. And his house is nothing to be compared with most people in other parts of the country, but the money that man makes can afford a world class building, change remain. You all should stop using physical appearance to validate wealth and riches, no be everybody like to show body.

7 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Gandollaar(f): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
viyon02:
yeah you wouldn't believe they want you to believe they are shit with their out look, how I wish you know
If they like let them make millions per day, the value of money is what money can buy.

These folks don't eat good food

They live and look like stray dogs

They are disgusting generally disgusting.

The value money of money is what money can buy. nameaboki Arewa1stSon
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by lapazi(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

This is a stupid analysis
What about countries that offers things free or at almost no cost?

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Dinzelflash(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
N50 and u are complaining? Nawa o
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Kwara1stson: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
4ckyou:

as if you know. very rubbish person
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Nanavati(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2021
Gandollaar:
If they like let them make millions per day, the value of money is money can buy.

These folks don't eat good food

They live and look like stray dogs

They are disgusting generally disgusting.

The value money of money is what money can buy.

off the mic

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by clockwisereport: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hammyaladin:
You can say that again.... here inside Ahmadu things, particularly tomatoes and pepper are relatively cheap.... with your 100 naira you fit run small stew for three days ( Talking from experience)

can you please help me with the direction to Zaria(Ahmadu Bello University) from Kaduna

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by harmony75: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
see fresh tomatoes quite cheap and fresh ��
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by 4ckyou: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
Kwara1stson:
as if you know. very rubbish person

LOL I know say no be only me they skip am, cause na nonsense
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by rolams(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
Try Lagos na
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by 4ckyou: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
blamingthedevil:
But you refused to skip this one today
I didn't read it, I just quote ni
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by jojothaiv(m): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
mariahAngel:

It's not about being rich or poor, it is about a simple modest lifestyle which most northerners choose to live by.
Not everything in life is about excess money and gains you know? Some people are just ok as long as they have what they need.

"Making it in life" is subjective to different people.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Tony142: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mokason288:
Awuf dey run belle

To cheap accommodation

To cheap food...

u are a big fool, wealth is not about money but value

there are many people who are richer than dangote in terms of cash, but dangote has a lot of investment and asset with lot of value

if u go to that country called Zimbabwe the poorest person there is a trillionaire, but 50trillon in Zimbabwe can not buy those tomatos in Nigeria, why?....because Zimbabwe money do not have value

The reason why Nigeria economy is bad is because of the high cost of living, the high cost is because of the rise of dollar and fall of naira and this make the naira loss value

smart people will see this thread and say "wow, tomato's is cheap in the north, let me start tomato's business and import them to the south to sell and make alot of profit" that is how smart people think

but foolish person like u will come and be commenting nonsense

Note: do not mention me, I do not reply kids

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria by Gamblex: 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
GentleA:

Oga.. I served in the North as a corps member, I saw people making millions from just harvesting maize in one planting season. Only maize ok, am not even including ginger, onions, tomatoes and the rest. Those people are stinkingly rich, they just don't flaunt it. Funny enough, one of the best rice farmer in the community I served doesn't even own a car, only bike. And his house is nothing to be compared with most people in other parts of the country, but the money that man makes can afford a world class building, change remain. You all should stop using physical appearance to validate wealth and riches, no be everybody like to show body.
U have a point that is the reason those bandits always kidnap them because they believe they are rich and they are truly rich. i also stay in the middle belt princely Niger state during yam harvesting period it will take weeks for about 30 people to finish harvesting one man farm from morning to evening. Do u know that one man can harvest more than one trailer of yam from just one farming season only yam.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) / A Big Type Of Fish Seen At A Fish Market (Pictures, Video) / How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.