Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism (802 Views)

What Do You Do To Please Your Partner After A Misunderstanding / My Idea Of Feminism / Misunderstanding The Gender Equality! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
I came across this post on Instagram... I think it's very wrong. Not entirely, but there is a common mistake where certain feminists attribute the choices other women make to "marginalisation".

Firstly, I'm a woman who believes in gender equality. No one is superior as a result of their race, nationality, gender, religious beliefs, age/position, etc...

But "Girl Power" isn't about prioritising ones career and goals over having kids and building a successful family... Feminism has to do with giving women the opportunity and freedom to make choices that would favour them as individuals!

If a woman chooses to be a full-time housewife, then she's equal to and powerful as a female CEO of a multimillion dollar company...

It's all about CHOSING, not the CHOICES.

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Dpsychologist: 10:47am On Jan 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2021
Dew04:
I came across this post on Instagram... I think it's very wrong. Not entirely, but there is a common mistake where certain feminists attribute the choices other women make to "marginalisation".

Firstly, I'm a woman who believes in gender equality. No one is superior as a result of their race, nationality, gender, religious beliefs, age/position, etc...

But "Girl Power" isn't about prioritising ones career and goals over having kids and building a successful family... Feminism has to do with giving women the opportunity and freedom to make choices that would favour them as individuals!

If a woman chooses to be a full-time housewife, then she's equal to and powerful as a female CEO of a multimillion dollar company...

It's all about CHOSING, not the CHOICES.

Women and Men can never be equal , stop with these Egalitarianistic-Equalistic narrative, equality is a myth, you can't have it both ways, either you prioritize family or career, women wanting to embrace masculinity and kill their feminity will prioritize career, which makes them caricatures of the masculine, a copy , not the real thing, Feminism is against traditional roles in the society, encouraging women to behave like men

I'm not against equality of opportunities of men and women,but I'm against feminism expecting equality in outcomes

7 Likes

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by ePoster: 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
Dapcity007:

Women and Men can never be equal , stop with these Egalitarianistic-Equalistic narrative, equality is a myth, you can't have it both ways, either you prioritize family or career, women wanting to embrace masculinity and kill their feminity will prioritize career, which makes them caricatures of the masculine, a copy , not the real thing, Feminism is against traditional roles in the society, encouraging women to behave like men

I'm not against equality of opportunities of men and women,but I'm against feminism expecting equality in outcomes
[/s] You shouldn't even be here...
The orange loser failed like I predicted... We made a deal that you would deactivate your account if I win...
Be honourable at least...

Bye bye! grin

I'm not against equality of opportunities of men and women,but I'm against feminism expecting equality in outcomes So? You agree with feminism!! Great... Cause that's the motto... Equal rights. cool
Btw...what are your roles as a man?
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Karleb(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Not cool at all. I can only kneel to propose to a white lady.

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
ePoster:

You shouldn't even be here...
The orange loser failed like I predicted... We made a deal that you would deactivate your account if I win...

Bye bye! grin

I'm not against equality of opportunities of men and women,but I'm against feminism expecting equality in outcomes So? You agree with feminism!! Great... Cause that's the motto... Equal rights. cool

Rigged election
And you know it!!

Lolzzz grin
Longest tym how have you being?

Egalitarianistic-Equalism is a myth, as long as men and women are biologically different and some cultures still have prejudices against women , and women due to their solipsistic, rationalization hamsters and dissociation nature of thinking with emotions and feelings, I don't see how they can ever be our equals

Scandanavian social re-engineering via affirmative actions,quota policies, has not led to the desired outcomes for their societies as gender differences has widened
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Since u guys ee looking for equality
Is time u start paying for groom price as d we use 2 pay bride price

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
ePoster:

You shouldn't even be here...

Bye bye! grin

I'm actually in support of traditional gender roles that feminist are against
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Telegram234(m): 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
Just face the facts that men and women can never be equal.
Between man and woman who came first?
God gave men the authorization of everything, to rule and take over.
But kpekus changed it all...

3 Likes

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Coffin: 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dapcity007:

Rigged election
And you know it!!

Lolzzz grin

Egalitarianistic-Equalism is a myth, as long as men and women are biologically different and some cultures still have prejudices against women , and women due to their solipsistic, rationalization hamsters and dissociation nature of thinking with emotions and feelings, I don't see how they can ever be our equals

Scandanavian social re-engineering via affirmative actions,quota policies, has not led to the desired outcomes for their societies as gender differences has widened

I read this in Jordan Petersons voice grin
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Coffin:

I read this in Jordan Petersons voice grin

grin
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by ePoster: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dapcity007:

Rigged election
And you know it!!
Yen Yen Yen...
The Orange troll is out! Nothing's made me more happy than watching the loser concede...
*Sighs*
grin

Lolzzz grin
Monitoring your account... You've been jumping from one thread to the other being your usual self...

Deactivate dapcity!!! Imagine if the bet had been 10k instead... tongue

galitarianistic-Equalism is a myth, as long as men and women are biologically different and some cultures still have prejudices against women , and women due to their solipsistic, rationalization hamsters and dissociation nature of thinking with emotions and feelings, I don't see how they can ever be our equals

Too much big English... Let me ask you a question... What makes a woman inferior?
1. The mindset...
2. The vagina...
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
ePoster:
Yen Yen Yen...
The Orange troll is out! Nothing's made me more happy than watching the loser concede...
*Sighs*
grin
Monitoring your account... You've been jumping from one thread to the other being your usual self...

Too much big English... Let me ask you a question... What makes a woman inferior?
1. The mindset...
2. The vagina...

Their hormones during ovulation affects their cognitive ability
Both
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Shortyyy(f): 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lol.

You tried to please them by writing that gibberish up there. How's it working so far?

How can you be a fool time housewife and still clamor for equality? On what basis? On what grounds? When you're being fed and clothed, what right do you have again?

Stop contradicting yourself, madam.
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
Shortyyy:
Lol.

You tried to please them by writing that gibberish up there. How's it working so far?

How can you be a fool time housewife and still clamor for equality? On what basis? On what grounds? When you're being fed and clothed, what right do you have again?

What's wrong in being a full time housewife?
Don't look down on them
Real men love feminine women with traditional values and are not one bit attracted to women with intelligence or money

Shortyyy, I'm 100% sure you will settle down last last with a Simp( Beta) whom you will deal with,with your Hypergamy
Lolzzz grin
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
Shortyyy:
Lol.

[/s] Did you get the point? Others didn't, can't believe you wouldn't too. undecided

Firstly, feminism has nothing to do with the choices women make...but fighting for women's right to freely make them...

If a woman makes her career a priority, great!
If a woman makes her family (husband and children) a priority, great!

As long as she chooses what would make her happy ..

A woman being a CEO doesn't guarantee happiness, neither does it make her superior to a woman who is a dedicated wife and mother...

It's all about women being who they are.. doing what they want and not being limited by gender roles ..

Being a housewife shouldn't be a 'must'... But some feminist take it too far and criticise women who chose the aforementioned... It's their choice!

Being a feminist has nothing to do with forsaking individual values...

If a woman wants to love her husband and children, she's perfect and powerful!
If a woman wants to be a successful entrepreneur, she's perfect and powerful!
If a woman wants to be both? She's equally perfect and powerful! kiss

Cc: dapcity007
roadsidetaylaw
karleb
telegram234

None of you understood the post.. undecided

Sometimes, I overestimate the intelligence of Nairalanders...

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Sonnobax15(m): 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
shocked

Feminism is UNAFRICAN and a man who falls for it shouldn't only be stripped off of his manhood responsibilities but also be reminded that a time will come for him when an ordinary doormat will be more cherished than him...

And whenever he tries to seek for help,my comment will pop up,just to serve him his hot dish...
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

What's wrong in being a full time housewife?
Don't look down on them
Real men love feminine women with traditional values and are not one bit attracted to women with intelligence or money

Shortyyy, I'm 100% sure you will settle down last last with a Simp( Beta) whom you will deal with,with your Hypergamy
Lolzzz grin
how many accounts do you have? undecided

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Shortyyy(f): 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dew04:
[s][/s] Did you get the point? Others didn't, can't believe you wouldn't too. undecided

Firstly, feminism has nothing to do with the choices women make...but fighting for women's right to freely make them...

A woman being a CEO doesn't guarantee happiness, neither does it make her superior to a woman who is a dedicated wife and mother...

It's all about women being who they are.. doing what they want and not being limited by gender roles ..

Being a housewife shouldn't be a 'must'... But some feminist take it too far and criticise women who chose the aforementioned... It's their choice!

roadsidetaylaw
karleb
telegram234

You can't be a housewife and a feminist. Because as a housewife, you have no say in your marriage, how's that equality? Lol.

You're contradicting yourself my dear. Being a loving woman to your husband and kids, is different from being a full housewife.
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Shortyyy(f): 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dew04:
how many accounts do you have? undecided

Lol just this one and the banned one.
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dew04:
[s][/s] Did you get the point? Others didn't, can't believe you wouldn't too. undecided

roadsidetaylaw
karleb
telegram234

I understand the premise of your argument, but can't support it because it gives radical misandrist an excuse to oppress conservatives housewives, in reality, your argument assumes, all things are equal,but you know the truth about mordern Feminism
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Shortyyy:

You can't be a housewife and a feminist. Because as a housewife, you have no say in your marriage, how's that equality? Lol.

You're contradicting yourself my dear. Being a loving woman to your husband and kids, us different from being a full housewife.

Speaking like a mordern Feminist
Chop knuckle
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dew04:

roadsidetaylaw
karleb
telegram234

Your argument is not feasible because mordern Feminism is not like these,and even though it's feasible, a woman following her career path without marriage and family has chosen the path of the masculine,even though she succeeds at what cost, childlessness, she follows her ambition and destroys her feminity as she must embrace masculine traits like, aggression, confidence, disagreeness,dominance , even at sucess,she is still remember as a childless woman without family of her own , leaving her true natural path of motherhood and becoming a caricature, a mimic of the masculine, which in her feminine body and suppressed feminine attributes she fails to wholely represent

Then what's her gain?
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Jodha(f): 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Okay o
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dapcity007:

Your argument is not feasible because mordern Feminism is not like these,and even though it's feasible, a woman following her career path without marriage and family has chosen the path of the masculine,even though she succeeds at what cost, childlessness, she follows her ambition and destroys her feminity as she must embrace masculine traits like, aggression, confidence, disagreeness,dominance , even at sucess,she is still remember as a childless woman without family of her own , leaving her true natural path of motherhood and becoming a caricature, a mimic of the masculine, which in her feminine body and suppressed feminine attributes she fails to wholely represent

Then what's her gain?
Her gain? Damn! You're concerned with every women's life achievement? undecided

Does getting married and having children guarantee happiness? How about the women who've been maltreated and at time murdered by their spouses?

If a woman is successful and satisfied with her career, who are you...another individual... to tag her as being miserable?

Wow? Every women who works is aggressive and masculine? undecided
The teachers, lawyers, engineers... They are all a caricature?

If a man undergoes surgery to become a woman entirely...is he feminine?

Mind you? He has a vagina and his body is affected by the same hormones I have...

Have you come across boys raised in the midst of females? Are they feminine?

If nature and NURTURE make u who we are, and both can be altered... what the heck is masculinity or feminity?

Men are emotional but taught not to be expressive... Change that, and men would exhibit the same qualities you regard to be FEMININE.

Men can become fully functional women... With the resolve and money, you can have a vagina... grin

The bottom line is that these qualities aren't fixed... If not, male homosexuals would be feminine and there wouldn't be masculine lesbians...

At the end, it's all societal conditioning... I'm a tomboy, I play rough...
That's my personality... Since I was a little girl... It has nothing to do with my values and beliefs....

I grew up around males, I at times act as one... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Mikester: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Gender equality will alter the balance of the world as women aren't their best with power as recent demonstrations has shown and power is meant for one more logical and less emotional. Women are more emotional and are bound to take decisions based on emotions which is bad for any race, tribe, region or people. We have so many arrogant female bosses everywhere. We also have many madams abusing their maids. It's hard for a woman to behave when you place a crown on her head. Her decisions are most likely to be selfish and unreasonable. This factor is why gender equality will forever remain a child's play.

I'm not a misogynist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by kazyhm(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
ePoster:
Yen Yen Yen...
*Sighs*
grin

1. The mindset...
2. The vagina...

Non of the above mentioned but lack of logics

Logic and emotion can't have the same output....
Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 01, 2021
Dew04:

Does getting married and having children guarantee happiness? How about the women who've been maltreated and at time murdered by their spouses?

If a woman is successful and satisfied with her career, who are you...another individual... to tag her as being miserable?

Mind you? He has a vagina and his body is affected by the same hormones I have...

If nature and NURTURE make u who we are, and both can be altered... what the heck is masculinity or feminity?

Men are emotional but taught not to be expressive... Change that, and men would exhibit the same qualities you regard to be FEMININE.

Men can become fully functional women... With the resolve and money, you can have a vagina... grin

The bottom line is that these qualities aren't fixed... If not, male homosexuals would be feminine and there wouldn't be masculine lesbians...

That's my personality... Since I was a little girl... It has nothing to do with my values and beliefs....

Good morning
You sound like a progressive who believes in social sciences via social re-engineering and social construction, I believe in real science , biological facts

Men and women are fundamentally different from an evolutionary, Biologically,and psychologically point of view

Men are drawn to things that's why we are engineers and women to people that's why they are nurses

Men and women have the same cognitive ability , no difference in brain function , but women are subjected to mood swings during ovulation which affects their thinking via hormones released , these doesn't apply to men

Everyone is emotional, but men have far more greater capacity to apply logic than women can due to the Solipsisitic nature of women who process thoughts via what they feel is right,and not what facts states,if it doesn't affect a woman on a personal level,your argument against her is not credible even with statistical evidence,also women practice dissociation to justify their irrationality

Women in general lack intellectual curiosity and the ability for open minded analysis, due to their Solipsisitic innate nature, even the ones with high IQ and the matured ones, they rarely engage in critical thinking on their own,they are conditioned via education to memorize data, and talk about it, giving them the appearance of intelligence, but they aren't if not these mordern age we will have so many female inventors

Women are very good at rationalizing feelings, via rationalization hamsters,and giving them plausible deniability, when you take them on surface, but with critical analysis their arguments are not sustainable

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2021
Dew04:

Homosexuals and Transgenders are biological deviations from an evolutionary point of view, I don't consider them in my statistical analysis because they are going against their biology (nature), they can't reproduce, so how can they sustain civilization,if a culture is homosexualized,that culture is doomed, they are an abberation,an abnormality,they need psychiatric evaluation and assistance

I'm not against you pursuing your career or dreams , but not at the expense of your innate feminity, which most sacrifice , career can guarantee success but not happiness, most people working jobs (pursuing careers)are used labor for the corporate elites who are profiting at their expense, men and women included, why would I advise a woman to leave the comfort of her household where her feminine traditional roles is most effective in keeping the house in order and raising children , and she's in charge,and go and work for her boss where she's stressed, experience competition,she's used , for how much, climbing career ladder to what end, aging at a faster rate due to stress and fatigue.

Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideologies wants to re-construct society to make women embrace the traditional masculine path of career at the expense of not having children and families

Scandanavian countries like Norway, Denmark, Iceland who have used these ideologies via quota policies and affirmative actions for women are even seeing wider differences between males and females , which is wider than traditional societies in Africa, going against what they thought, hence destroying the possibility of gender equality

1 Like

Re: Misunderstanding The Principles Of Feminism by JayCynic(m): 11:24am On Feb 01, 2021
Girl Power doesn't exist

(1) (Reply)

If Any Boy Touches You, You Will Get Pregnant, My Story / Maybe Is Time I Get A Girlfriend. / Bbnaija 2021: I’ll Love To Have S3x With You – Angel Confesses To Cross (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.