Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... (1318 Views)

Do Lesbian Enjoy Sex With Men,if So Why Will They Be Considered Lesbians? / When Your Mom is A Retired Lesbian..(Photos) / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
whom you live with.

I live with my mom. Late 20s.

If you were in my shoes and you earn 40k, 3k transport, eat only once, sometimes you would not eat for four straight days.

You earn on the web but it is not consistent. Sometimes $50 in three months and sometimes nothing sef.

If you were in my shoes, how much would you give your mom who is divorced and whom you live with. She sells provision.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by dumahi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:
whom you live with.

If you were in my shoes and you earn 40k, 3k transport, eat only once, sometimes you would not eat for four straight days.

You earn on the web but it is not consistent. Sometimes $50 in three months and sometimes nothing sef.

If you were in my shoes, how much would you give your mom who is divorced and whom you live with. She sells provision.
Nothing since she sells provision. From what you said, you are not even earning anything. 40k and still talking about giving your mom who is self-employed?

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
dumahi:

Nothing since she sells provision. From what you said, you are not even earning anything. 40k and still talking about giving your mom who is self-employed?
Lol.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Cholls(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
My brother any amount will do...most important thing is to take care of her.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cholls:

Yes, but suppose you were me, I'm not going to talk about my own spending habits or her bad attitude, but suppose you were me, what would you give her knowing full well that her separation was more her fault than dad's
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Bola146(f): 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cholls:

Exactly, just make sure at least take good care of her in your own little way. Her spirit will surely lift you up.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by OGWILLS123: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
Op hope say you no get this money sucking demons (called nigerian girlfriend's) join undecided . I light my kpola in peace sad
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
I want to know what would be considered okay. It is going to be different by individuals but let me know what you would give if you earn 40k and live with your mom or do not live with mom or mom lives with dad who provides her needs and she doesn't have to pay rent as she now does.

These conditions are different obviously and the amount would also differ too, right?

What would you give. I am not going to tell what I give yet, I want to hear genuine opinions because right now, she's saying I do almost nothing for her because of my spending habits.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by MickzyDonald: 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
The money is very little but mother's and their greed at times, I'd sudden maybe 5k or below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:
whom you live with.

I understand your situation of wanting to help out, but you need to consider your condition first...

Have you ever seen a blind man leading a blind man?

No!

You need to get your finances in check first before you can support your mom, else you'll keep living from hand to mouth, surviving from day to day, and running around in circles.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
MickzyDonald:
The money is very little but mother's and their greed at times, I'd sudden maybe 5k or below

Yes that's right because if you do the maths, that's less than 1, 500 in a day. If you can't give me exact amount, give me a percentage range. What would you give.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
Shoodboi:

I understand your situation of wanting to help out, but you need to consider your condition first...

Have you ever seen a blind man leading a blind man?

No!

You need to get your finances in check first before you can support your mom, else you'll keep living from hand to mouth, surviving from day to day, and running around in circles.

Thank you very much. However, I still want to know what you would give like a percentage of your earnings if you are not comfortable with dropping exact figures lol.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by MickzyDonald: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Yes that's right because if you do the maths, that's less than 1, 500 in a day. If you can't give me exact amount, give me a percentage range. What would you give.
5k I can't give more than that because there might some cases where you'll need to drop cash in the house
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
MickzyDonald:

5k I can't give more than that because there might some cases where you'll need to drop cash in the house

Lol. 5k on a 40k salary? Are you fucking kidding?
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by MickzyDonald: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Wait if shes the one feeding you and you are still staying with her that isn't much, considering you are paying house rent and you are eating outside everyday then calculate that for 30 days But you probably need to also save up, so the money might not be on that same level always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by OGWILLS123: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:
I want to know what would be considered okay. It is going to be different by individuals but let me know what you would give if you earn 40k and live with your mom or do not live with mom or mom lives with dad who provides her needs and she doesn't have to pay rent as she now does.

These conditions are different obviously and the amount would also differ too, right?

What would you give. I am not going to tell what I give yet, I want to hear genuine opinions because right now, she's saying I do almost nothing for her because of my spending habits.
If we say now that nigerian girl's her useless, you assholes will be ranting nonsense. Just take a good look at the level of entitlement mentality the op mom is having undecided . Op if you can, dump that demanding b*tch called "your mom" , after all you owe no one anything in this life undecided . Bottom line: Any nigerian being that have hole in between is two legs is useless angry
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by OGWILLS123: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
OGWILLS123:
If we say now nigerian girl's her useless, you people will be ranting nonsense. Just take a good look at the level of entitlement mentality the op mom is having undecided . Op if you can, dump that demanding b*tch called "your mom" , after all you owe no one anything in this life undecided . Bottom line: Any nigerian being that have hole in between is two legs is useless angry

No, what you just said is borderline misogyny.

However, my mother is too entitled. Everytime (when she's in a call) she would say may we eat the fruit of our labou. Before I got this job, see talk hehe

. Like her entitlement mentality is way over the top that I once swore that even with my bald head, the woman I would marry would beg me with tears of blood. Some people are just horrible.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by illicit(m): 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
Give her your tithe anytime u cash out....
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by shege45: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:
whom you live with.

If you eat therr and don’t pay rent, it’s right for you to drop something monthly. Not only that, if things finish for house, you can buy without looking at anyone’s face. This shows sign of responsibility because if you were on your own, you’d spend more than that. I used to stay with my mom until almost 2 years ago when i left.Then I earned 35k but gave her 5k monnthly. I planned myself around 30k every month.It just depicts responsibility
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by OGWILLS123: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Bloody fvcking simp undecided when next you collect your salary hand over everything to her let her decide what she will remove and give angry
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by kalu61(m): 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
ops let me help you since almost nobody wants to attend to you.

Forget the online business since it's not consistent.

Now you earn 40k -3k Tfare. ( 37k)

You said you eat once a day( l guess from your mum's pot) then sometimes you can go 4 days straight without eating( I guess from your mum's pot)

Let me assume you buy your toiletries, cream, data, cloths, shoes etc 8k (29k)

Let's say you save 15k monthly. (14k)

Miscellaneous 3k (12k)

pocket money 4k (8k)

But you live under your mum's roof and Nepal bill

Giving her 5-8k is okay.

But it seems there is part of you that hates her which is affecting your affection towards her. If not, nothing is too big for your mum. If there is, increase your savings and find another place.

Lastly, if your mum's is accusing you of over spending, forget your hatred towards her and evaluate if what she is saying is true.

Do you go after women?
Do you hang out alot and spend at the bar?
Do you buy things you want instead of things you need?
What types of friends do you keep?

If you mother is the nagging type, try to ignore her sometime.

2 Likes

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by shege45: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
OGWILLS123:
If we say now nigerian girl's her useless, you people will be ranting nonsense. Just take a good look at the level of entitlement mentality the op mom is having undecided . Op if you can, dump that demanding b*tch called "your mom" , after all you owe no one anything in this life undecided . Bottom line: Any nigerian being that have hole in between is two legs is useless angry
point of correction, you owe only your parents something in this life. You don’t owe any other person.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by OGWILLS123: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
If i may ask op where is your dad
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
shege45:
If you eat therr and don’t pay rent, it’s right for you to drop something monthly. Not only that, if things finish for house, you can buy without looking at anyone’s face. This shows sign of responsibility because if you were on your own, you’d spend more than that. I used to stay with my mom until almost 2 years ago when i left the country. Then I earned 35k but gave her 5k monnthly. I planned myself around 30k every month. Though e no dey do me I also took it upon myself to buy water for the house weekly. It just depicts responsibility

Hmm, 5k? Did your mom live with your dad?
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
OGWILLS123:
If i may ask op where is your dad

They are not together. My dad bought his house a long time ago and is living there with my siblings and family
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
kalu61:
ops let me help you since almost nobody wants to attend to you.

Forget the online business since it's not consistent.

Now you earn 40k -3k Tfare. ( 37)

You said you eat once a day( l guess from your mum's pot) then sometimes you can 4 days eating( I guess from your mum's pot)

Nnmadi what would you give. I have to mention that I just got this job and I have not failed to give the said amount since September, I think.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by shege45: 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Hmm, 5k? Did your mom live with your dad?
Na my papa dey pay rent. See just imagine that you stay alone or stay with a friend. You dey look am like this because say na your mom. Once you’re above a certain age, see it like your parents are doing you a favour by allowing you stay with them. If you stayed alone or with someone, you’d save a portion of your income for rent, and other bills. You’d also eat from that money. Staying with your mom just subsidize these things. Just remove the entitlement mentality and you’d understand what I am saying. When know things hard na why most of us still dey parents house at certain age but you also have to help.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by shege45: 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
MickzyDonald:

Wait if shes the one feeding you and you are still staying with her that isn't much, considering you are paying house rent and you are eating outside everyday then calculate that for 30 days But you probably need to also save up, so the money might not be on that same level always
exactly my thoughts
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
shege45:
Na my papa dey pay rent. See just imagine that you stay alone or stay with a friend. You dey look am like this because say na your mom. Once you’re above a certain age, see it like your parents are doing you a favour by allowing you stay with them. If you stayed alone or with someone, you’d save a portion of your income for rent, and other bills. You’d also eat from that money. Staying with your mom just subsidize these things. Just remove the entitlement mentality and you’d understand what I am saying. When know things hard na why most of us still dey parents house at certain age but you also have to help.

I was living rent free in my father's purchased house when she called me to come over. I didn't have to pay for anything in my dad's house where I lived. I'm living with you now and you are making things difficult for me even though I drop something every month. If I didn't live with her, wouldn't she eat and pay for all the necessities
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by shege45: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

I was living rent free in my father's purchased house when she called me to come over. I didn't have to pay for anything in my dad's house where I live.
Lol bro, seems you just wanna avoid bills. The reality is you just need to start getting used to doing things with money. You’re an adult and at some point you’d stay alone. Try to get used to it

2 Likes

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by kalu61(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Nnmadi what would you give. I have to mention that I just got this job and I have not failed to give the said amount since September, I think.
Go and read it again, l was still typing.

Find out the bills burden on her and if you can help out during your talk with her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Market Is Expensive; I Can’t Date A Broke Man — Bbnaija Star Tacha / I Need Your Advice Please / Being Single And Above 30, Come In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.