Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... (1317 Views)

Do Lesbian Enjoy Sex With Men,if So Why Will They Be Considered Lesbians? / When Your Mom is A Retired Lesbian..(Photos) / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
shege45:
Lol bro, seems you just wanna avoid bills. The reality is you just need to start getting used to doing things with money. You’re an adult and at some point you’d stay alone. Try to get used to it

Getting used to it is an understatement. I am moving out to avoid this unpleasant experience and condition. In fact, I told her that she's NOT going to know my new place of abode. We may live in the same state and that's if I still decide to remain in the same state.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by shege45: 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Getting used to it is an understatement. I am moving out to avoid this unpleasant experience and condition. In fact, I told her that she's NOT going to know my new place of abode. We may live in the same state and that's if I still decide to remain in the same state.
Its fine. I mean if this is the only character she exhibits then na normal. but if she has other bad characters, lol
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
kalu61:
ops let me help you since almost nobody wants to attend to you.

Forget the online business since it's not consistent.

Now you earn 40k -3k Tfare. ( 37k)

You said you eat once a day( l guess from your mum's pot) then sometimes you can go 4 days straight without eating( I guess from your mum's pot)

Let me assume you buy your toiletries, cream, data, cloths, shoes etc 8k (29k)

Let's say you save 15k monthly. (14k)

Miscellaneous 3k (12k)

pocket money 4k (8k)

But you live under your mum's roof and Nepal bill

Giving her 5-8k is okay.

But it seems there is part of you that hates her which is affecting your affection towards her. If not, nothing is too big for your mum. If there is, increase your savings and find another place.

Lastly, if your mum's is accusing you of over spending, forget your hatred towards her and evaluate if what she is saying is true.

Do you go after women?
Do you hang out alot and spend at the bar?
Do you buy things you want instead of things you need?
What types of friends do you keep?

If you mother is the nagging type, try to ignore her sometime.

Just to still be a bit obscure, from that 40k salary, I give more than twice the average of your quoted amount.

I don't hate her. I hate her attitude and unfortunately I can't live with it. The only thing that consumes a large chunk of my money is stomach infrastructure. I can't even save 10k when the next payday comes.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by kalu61(m): 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Just to still be a bit obscure, from that 40k salary, I give more than twice the average of your quoted amount.

I don't hate her. I hate her attitude and unfortunately I can't live with it. The only thing that consumes a large chunk of my money is stomach infrastructure. I can't even save 10k when the next payday comes.
You need to sit down and talk with her as l said. You really need savings too.

Deny yourself of pleasure now and save. If you can work from your father's house leveraging on his support to make savings, you can still place your mum on monthly stipend.

Listen. So long as you eat outside, you will hardly save. Try to cook your own food even if it means entering her kitchen to prepare one.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Baldwretch: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
kalu61:
You need to sit down and talk with her as l said. You really need savings too.

Deny yourself of pleasure now and save. If you can work from your father's house leveraging on his support to make savings, you can still place your mum on monthly stipend.

Listen. So long as you eat outside, you will hardly save. Try to cook your own food even if it means entering her kitchen to prepare one.

Deny myself pleasure and save? That's a good school of thought though but I don't buy into that, lol.

I don't eat outside. I hardly do. You don't have to go to a restaurant to treat yourself right. Right now, I just spent 350 on Nasco Cornflakes, Goldenmorn, and Cerelac with milk. I mean, you don't have to spend in a restaurant and I do that very, very often.

I don't spend based on my earnings but I spend based on basic needs. My needs should propel me to strive for higher earnings and not box me to a corner because I earn peanuts.

That's just me though.

They don't live in the same state else I'd be back a long time ago.
Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by kalu61(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Deny myself pleasure and save? That's a good school of thought though but I don't buy into that, lol.

I don't eat outside. I hardly do. You don't have to go to a restaurant to treat yourself right. Right now, I just spent 350 on Nasco Cornflakes, Goldenmorn, and Cerelac with milk. I mean, you don't have to spend in a restaurant and I do that very, very often.

I don't spend based on my earnings but I spend based on basic needs. My needs should propel me to strive for higher earnings and not box me to a corner because I earn peanuts.

That's just me though.

They don't live in the same state else I'd be back a long time ago.
You sounds like someone your mum described.

Anyways, it's yourlife . Just drop what makes you happy.

My conscience will not allow me if l don't tell you this.

Regards

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by kalu61(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
I never said you should deny yourself pleasure. I said deny yourself pleasure 'NOW and SAVE" but you think you can eat your cake and have it back.

You spend 350 on corneflake, milk n co. You are a big man. Enjoy bro.

The same 350 can get you a pack of spaghetti and tomatoes which after preparing you can eat it for three times or share with your mum.

Obviously, you can't differenciates what you what and what you need. Enjoy your life the way it pleases you. You are pissed off with your mum because she tries talking you into savings going by the things she sees you buy and eat.

If you needs is 40k, spend it okay. If It's exceeds, use your savings and you got none, borrow and spend it.

I'm always a free thinker. Enjoy your life as you dim it fit.

1 Like

Re: On A 40k Salary, How Much Would Be Considered Okayish Allowance To Your Mom..... by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Baldwretch:

Thank you very much. However, I still want to know what you would give like a percentage of your earnings if you are not comfortable with dropping exact figures lol.

If it were me, I would give her between five and eight (or 10) thousand every now and then. So if I give her today, I may not give her anything again until say, the next two or three months.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“any Man I Want Will Be Snatched” – Nigerian Lady Says She Is Proud To Have Snat / I'm In Love With My Pastor's Wife (part 3) / My Market Is Expensive; I Can’t Date A Broke Man — Bbnaija Star Tacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.