Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad (39363 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by TheCongo2: 2:17am On Mar 14, 2021
neurosci:

They usually ask this way, "Do you plan to stay here or return to your country after you're done with your studies?"

This is a reasonable question. I don't see any undertone of racism in it.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by neurosci: 2:20am On Mar 14, 2021
TheCongo2:

This is a reasonable question. I don't see any undertone of racism in it.

Not saying there is. Just quoting the other guy on how the question about going to your home country is phrased here.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by yunqdady: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2021
Commotfornigeri:
Yet to have a direct negative experience from whites.

The one I've noticed is a number of blacks forming too big to say hi or respond to simple greetings.

I'm in Canada BTW, and this is my own experience.
Dunno why people greet random strangers. How much more in abroad.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by BigBashiru: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
yunqdady:

Dunno why people greet random strangers. How much more in abroad.

Exactly.... greeting random strangers is unnecessary unless something brings you and the person together.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by BigBashiru: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
neurosci:

They usually ask this way, "Do you plan to stay here or return to your country after you're done with your studies?"

they ask this a lot in UK. Is this UK? those guys are full of themselves and feel the world revolves around them. There are now greater nations like China, India that UK cant compare with.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Ask4diva(f): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
I have written an article about racism
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by jesmond3945: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2022
manneger2:
I have experience racism also in Dubai because I work in a hypermarket Carrefour to be precise but I have learn how to make those stupid so called white skinned lady to be the one feeling the racism, don't give them attention if they see u and turn around next time before they turn u have already turn, don't even look at them.
gbam. It took me long to understand that eye contact is a powerful weapon.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by jesmond3945: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2022
BigBashiru:

Exactly.... greeting random strangers is unnecessary unless something brings you and the person together.
even greeting someone because he has the same race with you is racism.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by jesmond3945: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2022
BigBashiru:

they ask this a lot in UK. Is this UK? those guys are full of themselves and feel the world revolves around them. There are now greater nations like China, India that UK cant compare with.
yea anglo saxons have this superior mentality because of their history.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 9JAMac10: 7:34pm On Apr 25
Dealing with passive aggressive people and sneak and subliminal disrespect you have to tolerate and accept all for the sake of the almighty dollar bill .

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Escapes Kidnapping & Rape From Taxify Driver (Photos) / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Yet Again, Trailer Falls On Vehicle. (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.