Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad (39364 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by mikolo80: 3:35am On Feb 02, 2021
michlins:
you mean those little imps get mind to be racists
no be you de call fellow human being imp?
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by PattyMike(m): 3:53am On Feb 02, 2021
brightpre:
this is so me bro, I don’t even make eye contact with whites.

The funny thing is I do all my possible best to make them feel uncomfortable Lmao. I pinch one Indian bald oaf for queue for shoprite, As I dey tap am I dey pinch am e dey move change position I dey follow an move. I follow this guy reach outside, he pointed me to security I no even answer those N200 Idiots. He tear race go enter car move ASAP.

Worst nah Caucasians, I no Dey use eye see Americans. Once I see the green or blue eyes I tap u and ask where are u from, then my next question is are u enjoying Nigeria? Answer is always yes the people are nice. Then I say why then do ur folks treat us like shit? What if I said “Go back to ur country, we don’t want u here” will u feel good? They always say the same thing and apologize and call racists ignorant people. Oga if u weren’t here won’t u be one as well.

I have sworn to make the life of any white man or women feeling special very miserable. My excuse is they do the same to us there, I can do whatever the f.uck I want in my country gringo grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:16am On Feb 02, 2021
mamdanju:
I hate it when a white person ask; when will you return to your country.

If it's in Europe, a white man may ask this. But in America, America doesn't belong to the whites. They are immigrants like everyone else. America belongs to the Red Indians.

No white man has a moral right to ask such a dumb question in a land that doesn't belong to him
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:57am On Feb 02, 2021
caye:

The Dravidians were the first humans established in India: they were black. The migration of the 'White Indians' , in order to preserve their dominance on the indigenous blacks, instituted the oldest system of racism. A black Indian's shadow must not even come near them, and they were relegated to slaves, ditto Sri Lanka . They fear our genetic structure, because our genes are dominant; they fear being assimilated by inter-marriage to Black people: their genes would disappear almost totally with time. We are the natural humans; the first.
I think Kali the goddess of destruction was originally black.

I learnt something today. Have always been wondering why some Indians are black and others so white.

I read the whites are the Aryans (72% of Indian Population) Live in North India. The blacks are the Dravidians(28% of the population) Lives in South Indians.

The Aryans came from Iraq and Russia while the blacks came from Sudan. Because the whites were more than the blacks they conquered the blacks when they arrived and pushed the blacks further south.

Thanks for this piece of information. I'm very grateful

5 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 360command: 6:01am On Feb 02, 2021
ikeseeholdings1:
i never understands what it means to be racially abused,until 2011 when i boarded a train from Beijing west train station to Guangzhou Train station. I was the only black man in that coach,everyone was Just looking at me,talking in their Language and laughing at me,calling me HEGWE(BLACK DEVIL)Because i don't understand the Language then.The most annoying part was when a family that sat close was telling their cry cry baby that if he crys again that they will bring him to me and the baby stopped crying. It was hell for me back then,especially when it's coming from Chinese people not from original White people
be it white nor Chinese, do not reason in such a way that it is normal for a white to be racist towards you.

3 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 360command: 6:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Cutealexio:
I entered metro. Knowing how racist most Chinese are towards blacks, I don't sit beside them (I go avoid you before you avoid me). This woman still whispered to her husband and they changed seat I told them no need to change seat I'm not sitting close to you. In China, if they see you it's either they adjust their mask, change route or use their hands to cover their nose. This is everyday occurrence
do the same thing..

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 360command: 6:45am On Feb 02, 2021
planetx:
Nigeria is actually a nice place to live if you have money.
wrong statement. Every country is a nice place if you have money..

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by bayocanny: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2021
PattyMike:

The funny thing is I do all my possible best to make them feel uncomfortable Lmao. I pinch one Indian bald oaf for queue for shoprite, As I dey tap am I dey pinch am e dey move change position I dey follow an move. I follow this guy reach outside, he pointed me to security I no even answer those N200 Idiots. He tear race go enter car move ASAP.

Worst nah Caucasians, I no Dey use eye see Americans. Once I see the green or blue eyes I tap u and ask where are u from, then my next question is are u enjoying Nigeria? Answer is always yes the people are nice. Then I say why then do ur folks treat us like shit? What if I said “Go back to ur country, we don’t want u here” will u feel good? They always say the same thing and apologize and call racists ignorant people. Oga if u weren’t here won’t u be one as well.

I have sworn to make the life of any white man or women feeling special very miserable. My excuse is they do the same to us there, I can do whatever the f.uck I want in my country gringo grin

Lol, bro you funny o
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Dackrapper(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
shogsman:
I lived in baton rouge, USA and a white woman once asked if we have malls in Africa, I said no we just go to the bush and pluck groceries from the tree,she was embarrassed and the people around was just laughing at how clueless she sounded
Savage Reply

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Originalsly: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by James4bright(m): 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
alexola20:
2009 in Poland.I was on the tram with other two brothers from Cameroon and these idiot racist guys sighted us and started cursing and spitting at us without any reason.Nobody even blink an eye until the tram left.
The racists didn't get on the tram though.

The spitting was what really off me man.

Then my MIL is a damn racist too.

And few other experiences.

People say Chinese are racists.
Maybe yes maybe no.
I lived in China.China made me before I moved to Europe.But still travelling between Europe and China until 2019 before the emergence of corona pandemic.And I swear I have never experienced any form of racism in China except when I was studying in a university in Shanghai and one of my 1st year lecturers,I think was a racist.He made white house/black house sh it then.Apart from that,I love China and Chinese people to the core.
Although the Chinese I met in Europe here are very different from the Chinese in China.
I can say Chinese are not racists.
You respect them,the respect you back.
Shanghai is a great city to live until our Igbo developers came in their multitude and spoil the city for us by selling crack and other drugs in the streets in Shanghai.

By the way I lived in Chengdu,Sichuan and Shanghai,the GREATEST and wealthiest city in the world.

In fact China is a great country.
God bless China.
God bless Shanghai.
God bless Poland too.

You are ignorant and a bigot yourself. You were able to point out the crime done by your fellow blacks but to you the Chinese were perfect.

Where do the igbos get the crack from then? If not from the manufacturers in China. Blacks are their own enemies. I'm sure you have a problem with the igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by James4bright(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
planetx:
Lol I was confused at first but quickly figured out what was going on that they didn't want to be seen with two black guys.

Sorry, were you all close friends?
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Commotfornigeri: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
shagamite:

is it true it can be boring sometimes living abroad, do you get to visit neighbours, chill or na to just dey indoors most times and TV

Everyone is usually busy at different times except it is pre-planned...

I havent seen my neighbors since over 3 moths now. My friends are either working when i'm free, or i'm working when they are free.

We have to plan an outing a few weeks before it happens. Plus, no one wants to drive unnecessarily under snow because the roads are slippery.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Onyxunlimited(f): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ugandatales:

Wow. This is crazy. One of my guys that went to do Masters in UK said one day he was walking jejeli on the road and one guy in a passing bus stuck his head out the window, shouted, "nigger" and threw bottle water on him. The thing opened and splashed all over him. He said he didn't even know what to do afterwards.
Too bad. He should have reported to the cops.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by alexola20(m): 11:22pm On Feb 02, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by TheCongo2: 3:36am On Feb 03, 2021
kogi2010:
mine was in South Africa I went to train station n I was late so I was trying to me up when I ran to the 2 last couches it was occupied by whites as soon as I get in they they were scared n I ran to d nxt one the threw me out

And you call that racism ? Seriously!
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Tmerz: 3:38am On Feb 03, 2021
seunny4lif:

Says who?
Pele na white?
Bros Brazilian has the highest population of Black people in the world outside Africa countries
Bahia is Nigeria self

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by QueenVaji: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2021
Ayilara1:
We give them too much attention and we always feel inferior.

Here in Nigeria, if I see a white man/woman, no matter the urge to look at them I make sure my gaze doesn't pass once. The annoying thing you will see is most Nigerian looking at them till they feel the importance.

We might never be free from it until we develop our country.
i thought i was the only person who does this
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by anthonyuncle(m): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2021
Jazzafizzy:
Happen to me by Benin people . Start from home first shocked

I was denied a job because I'm not an indigene

i suffered the same fate (in the hands of the same people you mentioned) in 2018
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Tmerz: 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
seunny4lif:

Says who?
Pele na white?
Bros Brazilian has the highest population of Black people in the world outside Africa countries
Bahia is Nigeria self

Pelé don't represent all Brazil population. Brazil have 209 million of people.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 12:12am On Feb 04, 2021
When did I say Pele represents all Brazilians?
Brazil has the largest population of black people outside Africa because of the slave trade.
Go to Salvador in Brazil and see them selling Akara on the street.
Where did you think Brazilians got Yemọja from?
Do you think Ronaldinho is white?
Tmerz:

Pelé don't represent all Brazil population. Brazil have 209 million of people.

3 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 12:24am On Feb 04, 2021
The same thing happens to me in Germany, where my guy knows his boss very well but told me no offer yet because am not Esan Edo, but took another Esan guy to the boss.
When asked the guy who got the job how did he do it? He said it was my friend who took him to his boos angry angry angry
I just straight it up with my so-called friend and I never called him again
anthonyuncle:

i suffered the same fate (in the hands of the same people you mentioned) in 2018
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nicoswit(m): 7:01am On Feb 04, 2021
seunny4lif:
Brazil has the largest population of black people outside Africa because of the slave trade.
Go to Salvador in Brazil and see them selling Akara on the street.
Where did you think Brazilians got Yemọja from?
Do you think Ronaldinho is white?
Yemoja kee
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 8:15am On Feb 04, 2021
Yes, Yemoja
Every year millions of Brazilians go to sea to worship the Goddess of the sea and she is called Yemoja from Yoruba people of Nigeria
Nicoswit:

Yemoja kee

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Tmerz: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2021
seunny4lif:

People really believe that Brazil is the blackest country in the world. They managed to sell that lie well. For you the Brazil white population look like Ronaldinho? hm ok. In wikipedia have a article about white brazilians of European Ancestry. If you want to stop being ignorant just read the article ok. A lot of pictures of white brazilians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Brazilians
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by GNature(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
360command:
wrong statement. Every country is a nice place if you have money..

If you are young, black and drive a very expensive car, you can be pulled
over by the police in the U.S (they will ask you for car registration
and your drivers license).

Go and ask the NFL and Basketball athletes.

The same thing happened to Mario Balotelli when
he was playing soccer in Europe.

6 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
Bro, what are you saying? You are confusing yourself abeg
I have been to Brazil, I have a lot of Brazilian friends and I work with Brazilians.
If I go out with them, people always think am Brazilian.
Brazil owns the largest population of black people outside Africa, that I don't Wikipedia to tell me
So, Mr ignorant tell that to another person
Tmerz:

People really believe that Brazil is the blackest country in the world. They managed to sell that lie well. For you the Brazil white population look like Ronaldinho? hm ok. In wikipedia have a article about white brazilians of European Ancestry. If you want to stop being ignorant just read the article ok. A lot of pictures of white brazilians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Brazilians

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Tmerz: 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
seunny4lif:
Bro, what are you saying? You are confusing yourself abeg
I have been to Brazil, I have a lot of Brazilian friends and I work with Brazilians.
If I go out with them, people always think am Brazilian.
Brazil owns the largest population of black people outside Africa, that I don't Wikipedia to tell me
So, Mr ignorant tell that to another person

You know Brazil. And for you white brazilians look like Ronaldinho? ok
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 360command: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
GNature:

If you are young, black and drive a very expensive car, you can be pulled
over by the police in the U.S (they will ask you for car registration
and your drivers license).

Go and ask the NFL and Basketball athletes.

The same thing happened to Mario Balotelli when
he was playing soccer in Europe.

these countries you are talking about, if you have no money , you still live happily.

Money or no money, I should be happy in my country.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nicoswit(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2021
Activist001:
You are an idiot if you behave this way. WTF man? sad
The whites that does the same are what?

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nicoswit:

The whites that does the same are what?
Idiots too. You can't be condemning racism and be racist yourself, it doesn't work that way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Escapes Kidnapping & Rape From Taxify Driver (Photos) / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Yet Again, Trailer Falls On Vehicle. (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.