Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad (39368 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nicoswit(m): 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
Activist001:

Idiots too. You can't be condemning racism and be racist yourself, it doesn't work that way.
Aiit
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2021
When did I say Ronaldinho is white?
Or you don’t know what you are talking about?
Did you even understand that quote to him before jumping here angry
Tmerz:

You know Brazil. And for you white brazilians look like Ronaldinho? ok

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by doxijaw: 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
Activist001:

Idiots too. You can't be condemning racism and be racist yourself, it doesn't work that way.

This thinking is faulty, but i know where you are coming from.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
doxijaw:

This thinking is faulty, but i know where you are coming from.

What is "faulty" about the "thinking"? If harassing someone because of their skin colour is not racism then can you tell me what it is?

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by doxijaw: 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
Activist001:

What is "faulty" about the "thinking"? If harassing someone because of their skin colour is not racism then can you tell me what it is?

I'll leave you with this quote.

A healthy dose of ever-present suspicion not only makes you look smarter. It saves lives. As Intel’s Andy Grove from his side of the Atlantic Ocean wisely observed, “Only the paranoid survive”. Jews know survival. In the 20th century,
Hostility often helps instill respect in people around you. As the Russian adage says: “Fear equals respect”. Menacing people come off as someone who knows what they are doing.paranoid
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
doxijaw:

I'll leave you with this quote.

A healthy dose of ever-present suspicion not only makes you look smarter. It saves lives. As Intel’s Andy Grove from his side of the Atlantic Ocean wisely observed, “Only the paranoid survive”. Jews know survival. In the 20th century,
Hostility often helps instill respect in people around you. As the Russian adage says: “Fear equals respect”. Menacing people come off as someone who knows what they are doing.paranoid
My guy, I'm sorry but you're making no sense at all with this your quote or whatever.

Treating people harshly based on skin colour should not be acceptable in this era. It's pure stupidity and the fact that you're justifying how that guy behaved towards the Indian man and the white woman is just absurd.

Let me ask you a question, if a white guy did that thing (harassing in a mall based on skin color) to a black guy and posted it online, what will be your reaction? Is that also to instill respect?

I've always said this and will continue to say it - many blacks don't actually dislike racism, they hate the fact that they're not the ones with the enough power to do it to others.

If whites were the ones coming down enmasse to Nigeria in search of green pastures, they'll be treated worst than the way blacks are treated in some of the most racist countries abroad.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by doxijaw: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
Activist001:

My guy, I'm sorry but you're making no sense at all with this your quote or whatever.

Treating people harshly based on skin colour should not be acceptable in this era. It's pure stupidity and the fact that you're justifying how that guy behaved towards the Indian man and the white woman is just absurd.

Let me ask you a question, if a white guy did that thing (harassing in a mall based on skin color) to a black guy and posted it online, what will be your reaction? Is that also to instill respect?

I've always said this and I would continue to say it - most blacks don't actually dislike racism, they hate the fact that they're not the ones with the enough power to do it to others.

I understand everything you have said, but the realities of this world calls for a different type of thinking.

If you truly understand how the world works, you'd understand my quote.

It's all about power and that's not changing soon.

So you can be anti racist but you're still going to face racism.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by fid3fid: 6:32am On Feb 05, 2021
ikeseeholdings1:
i never understands what it means to be racially abused,until 2011 when i boarded a train from Beijing west train station to Guangzhou Train station. I was the only black man in that coach,everyone was Just looking at me,talking in their Language and laughing at me,calling me HEGWE(BLACK DEVIL)Because i don't understand the Language then.The most annoying part was when a family that sat close was telling their cry cry baby that if he crys again that they will bring him to me and the baby stopped crying. It was hell for me back then,especially when it's coming from Chinese people not from original White people

They also call whites "BAIGWE", but they like whites, they like American blacks.. What does that tell you about them, their psyche?

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by fid3fid: 6:39am On Feb 05, 2021
Arcbox:
I was sitting down in my school at Chinese university . These two Chinese women were to pass directly behind my back but on sighting me, they turn back and cover their nose to follow the longer route. I was imagining if I smell... it was shocking to me because inside the university is where I thought the informed Chinese should be.

Covering nose.... Fear of COVID ?
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by SIRTee15: 12:06am On Feb 08, 2021
planetx:
Nigeria is actually a nice place to live if you have money. Not trying to convince anyone not to migrate but I am talking from experience, life is too short to spend my elderly years dealing with some oyinbo bullshit racism.

I was taking to a Cameroonian couple living in uk.
They told me Cameroon is a nice place to live if u have money.
I guess money is a solution to most stress besetting developing countries.
So your statement is not unique to nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 79733139(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
The problem has always been that most people don't have the kind of money that could make Nigeria (or Cameroon) a very nice place to live.

planetx:
Nigeria is actually a nice place to live if you have money. Not trying to convince anyone not to migrate but I am talking from experience, life is too short to spend my elderly years dealing with some oyinbo bullshit racism.

SIRTee15:

I was taking to a Cameroonian couple living in uk.
They told me Cameroon is a nice place to live if u have money.
I guess money is a solution to most stress besetting developing countries.
So your statement is not unique to nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 79733139(m): 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
In most cases regular cloth nose mask doesn't even prevent people from getting COVID-19, it only prevents people from spreading it by reducing how far the virus can move when they talk, sneeze or cough... those Chinese are even more ignorant that I thought.

fid3fid:

Covering nose.... Fear of COVID ?

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 79733139(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Which country, China?

Kenog4real:
I don't even know where to start. Well, I've had to teach kids of 2-11yrs old and you see some of them covering their nose when you get close to them based on what their parents told them about black or they touch you and try to sniff the hand to know if one is smelling bad.
I remember I was on the bus and a mother was telling her 3yr old son in her language that I'm bad he shouldn't try to touch me.
When you get to a gadget store and try to get price for something, some would say to their colleagues they can't afford it so just tell them something

Recently, my gal told me her place of work organized an excursion for all the staff of about 200. She felt reluctant about it because she happens to be the only foreigner(black) there but for the fun of it and experience she decided to include her name when some of her close pals kept asking if she was gonna go with them. Night before the D-day, she got a message that because of the pandemic, she wouldn't be able to go with them (just her alone). She had to cry because it pained her badly.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by X3MLY(m): 9:46am On Feb 12, 2021
WriterX:
i don't know if i should call it racism or xenophobia lol i once had a hard time with a course , i took to social media and found some of my friends (white) overseas who suggested a man, a white man so to say, he had resources he could help me with.
we got talking and it was going well until he asked if i was from Nigeria and i was like yeah anyway its been three and a half years since i was blocked or saying i was a Nigeria lol .

It shall never be well with Yahoo boys. They deserve life sentence for what they have done to our reputation.

3 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
seunny4lif:
Imagine say you no dey hear Yoruba?
Africans are worst set of people, something similar like this happen to me when I first traveled to Libya.
I saw this shop and i went there to ask question and the woman was insulting me in Yoruba thinking am non Yoruba but I didn't reply her oooh until 6 months when she was shocked, that I be Yoruba person.
Anyone who has lived in Germany, Sweden, Norway and Denmark can tell you want Somalians do to other Africa esp Nigeria yet we will be shouting racism.
More black people have been killed in Europe by black person, go to France, Spain and Italy.
boss good evening..
I got something very important to ask you .. should I go on ??
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
No wahala cool
Danny6552:
boss good evening..
I got something very important to ask you .. should I go on ??
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
seunny4lif:
No wahala cool

Of all countries you've been to , Why did you choose Ireland as your permanent resident ?? Why not US , Australia , Germany or Canada

Thanks
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
1.Family is the number one reason.
2.Germany for me is the best but I don't like to raise a family because of crazy discrimination against Black and mixed kids in school
3.USA is not me because of the lifestyle and crazy police shooting
4.Australia too far for me and my wife is not a fan of that country due to her own personal reason
5.Canada is good, but never crossed my mind
Not that Ireland is the best but just like it as I like simple thing
There are good countries out there like Finland, Holland, and Sweden for Family
Danny6552:

Of all countries you've been to , Why did you choose Ireland as your permanent resident ?? Why not US , Australia , Germany or Canada

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
seunny4lif:
2.Germany for me is the best but I don't like to raise a family because of crazy discrimination against Black and mixed kids in school
4.Australia too far for me and my wife is not a fan of that country due to her own personal reason

thanks bro. who ask question no day miss road
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by lemon10(m): 8:14am On Feb 13, 2021
seunny4lif:

I also like that country.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by WriterX(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2021
X3MLY:

It shall never be well with Yahoo boys. They deserve life sentence for what they have done to our reputation.

yeah brother its very sad about what they are doing, because there are some of us who are been denied opportunities to better their lives and professions.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by BigBashiru: 11:47am On Feb 17, 2021
Activist001:

I've always said this and will continue to say it - many blacks don't actually dislike racism, they hate the fact that they're not the ones with the enough power to do it to others.

If whites were the ones coming down enmasse to Nigeria in search of green pastures, they'll be treated worst than the way blacks are treated in some of the most racist countries abroad.

Very well said sir/ma. Some have said that when you look really down into it - looking down on blacks is justified for they aren't just looking for greener pastures. They leave their shit holes they have failed to build en masse and with enough population in foreign lands will also convert their destination countries to shitholes. The migrate to white and Asian lands to shamelessly enjoy the sweat, hardwork and discipline of other races.

Uk is at risk of becoming a shithole due to a high black population. Some have said the black man has a low iq which is why they can't develop their countries and are only good at going to developed countries. Even the development being done in Nigeria e.g. power and rail is being done for it by Germany and China respectively - so why won't they be racist towards you? A few hundred thousand black people migrating to Canada is fine. But millions of black people migrating to UK and Canada will result in a change in the culture of these countries for the worse.....

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by BigBashiru: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2021
seunny4lif:

No black country here?? Shameless black people.

2 Likes

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by BigBashiru: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2021
James4bright:

You are ignorant and a bigot yourself. You were able to point out the crime done by your fellow blacks but to you the Chinese were perfect.

Where do the igbos get the crack from then? If not from the manufacturers in China. Blacks are their own enemies. I'm sure you have a problem with the igbos.

What are those igbo doing in China?? Why can't they sell their crack in the 52 African States?? They disrespected themselves first by going to China to sell their crack.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by doxijaw: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
BigBashiru:

No black country here?? Shameless black people.

On point sir, racism is real though.

Yep shameless black people is right , even when you point out the flaws, they don't want to hear it.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by manneger2: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
I have experience racism also in Dubai because I work in a hypermarket Carrefour to be precise but I have learn how to make those stupid so called white skinned lady to be the one feeling the racism, don't give them attention if they see u and turn around next time before they turn u have already turn, don't even look at them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by 79733139(m): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
Basically you just mind your business and save yourself unnecessary stress.

manneger2:
I have experience racism also in Dubai because I work in a hypermarket Carrefour to be precise but I have learn how to make those stupid so called white skinned lady to be the one feeling the racism, don't give them attention if they see u and turn around next time before they turn u have already turn, don't even look at them.

1 Like

Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by lemon10(m): 5:07am On Feb 20, 2021
Here in China, they snap you with their camera without your consent. The most annoying thing is that they don't do it stylishly so you don't notice. Rather, they do it to your face.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Queenslander(f): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2021
lemon10:
Here in China, they snap you with their camera without your consent. The most annoying thing is that they don't do it stylishly so you don't notice. Rather, they do it to your face.
damn, bunch of lowlifes..
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sannisege:
its funny that even those smelly Indians do same here in Canada. They are reluctant to sit beside blacks on the bus. But I understand that their own is due to inferiority complex...
Op said smelly Indians!!!!

But seriously, do they actually smell of Curry 247?! lol!!
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Nunally: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
Tmerz:

You know Brazil. And for you white brazilians look like Ronaldinho? ok

Most of the majority of white Brazilians are actually mulattos; because they are lighter than africans; they self label them as whites.
Re: The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by neurosci: 2:15am On Mar 14, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

If it's in Europe, a white man may ask this. But in America, America doesn't belong to the whites. They are immigrants like everyone else. America belongs to the Red Indians.

No white man has a moral right to ask such a dumb question in a land that doesn't belong to him

They usually ask this way, "Do you plan to stay here or return to your country after you're done with your studies?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Escapes Kidnapping & Rape From Taxify Driver (Photos) / Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Yet Again, Trailer Falls On Vehicle. (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.