Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin (20875 Views)

Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Why Is Tinubu Not Saying Anything About Fulani And Yoruba Fight ? / Yinka Odumakin: Boko Haram Can Invite El-Rufai To Their AGM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by northvietnam(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
grin
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by mcquin(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
Indeed Igbos/Yorubas have more in common than they think.
Since 2015, the Igbos have dragged Yorubas for their role in enthroning this government, but till now, not one person's blood has been spilled over the issues arising therefrom. Just 2weeks of banters with Fulanis, see how lives and properties are being lost.

If only we knew what a united South could achieve.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Racoon:
I doff my hat for the old Oyo empire.Had it been the feats were not sustained, these brutes from Futa Jallon Plateau could have colonised everywhere.

Blame British.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
southniyikaye:
I hate it when people talk too much. All they've been doing is online rants and no action.. If this gbege should start fully, people like this either run abroad or hide under their wives bed or even dress up as female to avoid being recognized. Even igboho is beginning to look like an attention seeker to me.. They should start showing actions and not words

Lol, we don't act until we are pushed to wall.
Biko, read history well.

We are too welcoming self angry
Giving them hot hot would have been better. angry

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by damilare442: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hnmmm
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Oracleforce: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
The battle. line is being drawn gradually by the power play politicians.....let the wise one hear the sound and start preparing for what next...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
If mouth were to be an atomic bomb.... Afonja would have been a world power.....
Aristotle 1884

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Hajee77: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
Peace is the best option in whatever situation but these uncontrolled Fulanis (not all of them)are taking all of us for granted. We need to find a lasting solution but the danger is all of us are ethnically oriented at the expense of being national conscious
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by MightySparrow: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

Illorin was under Oba before, today Illorin is ruled by an Emir.

The fulanis are slaughtering your people and raping your mother, daughters and aunties and you're here chest beating.

Leave talk and enter bush and chase these demonic herdsmen out of your lands. Swallow your pride and beg ESN for handouts.

When the brave talks, it is echoed by cowards. Mention one warrior of note from your ancestry. Don't talk about fictitious Okonkwo of Things Fall Apart o.

12 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by kayjay69(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
And this in itself is a weakness which the Fulani now exploit.

However, we must be prepared for war. I do not wish to hear these silly nonsense of Yorubas not being prepared. Awolowo said this in the 60s, our elites ought to know better. Fulanis will never stop coming until we draw line in sand once and for all.

If we have to fight a war to maintain our sovereignty, it is best we do so now. Unfortunately, politicians remain the only stumbling block and there are no rich men who wish to assume hero status. No one who wishes to arm well trained youths to repel such infringement on our freedoms. I honestly weep for Yorubaland.
Sammy07:

Lol, we don't act until we are pushed to wall.
Biko, read history well.

We are too welcoming self angry
Giving them hot hot would have been better. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
kayjay69:
And this in itself is a weakness which the Fulani now exploit.

However, we must be prepared for war. I do not wish to hear these silly nonsense of Yorubas not being prepared. Awolowo said this in the 60s, our elites ought to know better. Fulanis will never stop coming until we draw line in sand once and for all.

If we have to fight a war to maintain our sovereignty, it is best we do so now. Unfortunately, politicians remain the only stumbling block and there are no rich men who wish to assume hero status. No one who wishes to arm well trained youths to repel such infringement on our freedoms. I honestly weep for Yorubaland.

Well I actually don't fear anything because I know what were capable of.
The war spirit never dies.

My only fear is that, it might be fought on Yoruba soil which will further destroy our economic and infrastructures

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by faste: 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
Samunique:
These ibop guys always have their brain absent, honestly !!!
These guys are not ibo,they are fulani agents planting enmity to divide the south.Beware!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

The fulanis are slaughtering your people and raping your mother, daughters and aunties and you're here chest beating.

Leave talk and enter bush and chase these demonic herdsmen out of your lands. Swallow your pride and beg ESN for handouts.

I know the reason Igbos are getting mad at Yorubas. They see Yoruba as senior brothers because their own elders have failed them. They fancy and want Yoruba knowledge to solve problems their elders couldn't solved. Yet they don't know the wisdom and brain of Yoruba is what is making them shine and the reason why the Igbos always fancy them and want the Yoruba to fight for them.

So Yorubas are not pigs or werey that you will push to war with your brainless talk, you can only try but you won't succeed.

13 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Samunique(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
faste:
These guys are not ibo,they are fulani agents planting enmity to divide the south.Beware!
Ok.

Thanks !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by pacespot(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
The annoying thing is that these Fulani's have no resourcefulness and technology to develop their conquered territories, they just want a bigger landmass for their cattles to roam about. Only in Nigeria that the least civilized and developed tribe will try to dominate the more educated and advanced tribes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
pacespot:
The annoying thing is that these Fulani's have no resourcefulness and technology to develop their conquered territories, they just want a bigger landmass for their cattles to roam about. Only in Nigeria that the least civilized and developed tribe will try to dominate the more educated and advanced tribes.

They can't try that with Yorubas grin
We will clip their hands.

Ilorin would have been taken long ago nah.

Firstly no thanks To British

2ndly OBJ did some dirty politics on it when Lawal was the governor of Kwara state then

The governor went as far as creating another Palace grin its not funny oo grin

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by pacespot(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Well I actually don't fear anything because I know what were capable of.
The war spirit never dies.

My only fear is that, it might be fought on Yoruba soil which will further destroy our economic and infrastructures

Fighting a war on Yoruba's soil should be a total extermination of Fulani's

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
If mouth were to be an atomic bomb.... Afonja would have been a world power.....
Aristotle 1884

Young man. The story you are being fed that is now on different online media is fake. Ordinarily, the Fulanis cannot withstand Afonja if they had come for war. They came as helpless people looking for survival. Afonja hosted them .They became friends, but inwardly, they have another agenda.

It was a falsehood that they supported Afonja to defeat Oyo soldiers. Ilorin was a war outpost of Old Oyo empire where battalions of soldiers were stationed for frontline war activities. Afonja was the head (Chief of Defence Staff or General or Aare Onakakanfo ) of Oyo empire soldiers but stationed at Ilorin. Oyo had battalions of soldiers in many towns, Afonja was the overall head. He became very powerful and famous, he had disagreement with Alaafin .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by excel101(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Samunique:
These ibop guys always have their brain absent, honestly !!!
But my guy no be lie him dey talk na.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by diplomat058(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yoruba should ask audio ESN for handouts? See these clownish kids that litter this forum, lols. Is it not laughable enough that the so called ESN was modelled after the pace-setting Amotekun? Your effontery is illogical!
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

2 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by shadeyinka(m): 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

Stop putting mouth in a history you know nothing about.

Afonja was a war general of Alafin of Oyo who seceded.
He asked Alimi a Fulani warrior to help him wage war on Oyo.
Afonja was assassinated by Alimi in the guise of religious differences'
Of course majority of the Yorubas in Ilorin had become Muslims and it was natural they accepted their Imam as their leader

Afonja didn't have the authority to be king: he was a war general on war path with his oga.

Learn your history well. No wonder, you are probably the result of the cancelled study of History in school.

9 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by AlfaB: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yorubas too talk. Haba!

When are they going to act?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Michaelcas(m): 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
Aristotle 1884
ah, wetin nah grin
GBOKASINCHA:
Aristotle 1884
ah, wetin nah
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by jeliliadedoja1: 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yoruba ride on the back of lion by supporting Buhari and eventually end up in his stomach . I am making an open apologies to pastor Bishop David Oyedepo and all those who warned Yorubas against Voting Buhari .Killing Yorubas in their numbers is the prize Buhari pay us for voting him to power. Cows are far important to Buhari than the life of Yorubas .Dr Aborode in Oyo state and Mrs Olakunrin in Ondo killed by herdsmen were tip in iceberg.

2 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Easternblood: 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
shaboti:
Sunday Igboho is a bloody terrorist and must be brought to book! angry
I agree, a Yoruba demon
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Easternblood: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
shadeyinka:

Stop putting mouth in a history you know nothing about.

Afonja was a war general of Alafin of Oyo who seceded.
He asked Alimi a Fulani warrior to help him wage war on Oyo.
Afonja was assassinated by Alimi in the guise of religious differences'
Of course majority of the Yorubas in Ilorin had become Muslims and it was natural they accepted their Imam as their leader

Afonja didn't have the authority to be king: he was a war general on war path with his oga.

Learn your history well. No wonder, you are probably the result of the cancelled study of History in school.
Most important thing is Afonja is a typical Yoruba person..Always treacherous in nature and snake like morally

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Kwara1stson: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

They can't try that with Yorubas grin
We will clip their hands.

Ilorin would have been taken long ago nah.

Firstly no thanks To British

2ndly OBJ did some dirty politics on it when Lawal was the governor of Kwara state then

The governor went as far as creating another Palace grin its not funny oo grin
tell me more about this please
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

Fool,calm down ! I know what Odumakin said is beyond what your mouse like primitive brain could decipher but I'll break it down for you.

Simply put, if for not for the Yoruba that stopped the rampaging land grabbing fulani marauders at Osogbo,the whole of alaigbo would have been overrun easily without any resistance. There would have been emir of Onitsha,emir of Arochukwu,emir of owerri etc.

Alimi did not conquer Yoruba before installing himself as the emir of Ilorin. Afonja was consumed by the unholy alliance he entered into with a complete stranger he knew nothing about. What happened in Ilorin was a classical example of act of treachery and betrayal. It was a palace coup and Afonja fought gallantly like a war General that he was; he did not run away even though he was grossly outnumbered.

You can't give what you don't have kiddo. We have fought against the fulanis on several occasions and came out victorious. We have enough experience to fall back on. You guys don't have any ! You're a people without any inspiring history when it comes to war and even social life - mere savages from Arochukwu !

So why should we enlist the assistance of any ESN,the commander of which dares not step on the Nigerian soil as we speak ? I will take you seriously if KANU can move about freely as Sunday Igboho is doing now. We are dealing with those dirty fulanis openly ; we ain't coding it ! Why don't you pay a visit to some Yewa forests in Ogun state now and witness some real actions ?

Since you hate Yoruba that much,why don't you pair up with those murderous fulanis so that you can partake in the slaughtering and raping of our people ? To hell with you and your cowardly handout !

17 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by femijay8271(m): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Who taught you this rubbish histroy?
Ode ni omode ye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by femijay8271(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

Fool,calm down ! I know what Odumakin said is beyond what your mouse like primitive brain could decipher but I'll break it down for you.

Simply put, if for not for the Yoruba that stopped the rampaging land grabbing fulani marauders at Osogbo,the whole of alaigbo would have been overrun easily without any resistance. There would have been emir of Onitsha,emir of Arochukwu,emir of owerri etc.

Alimi did not conquer Yoruba before installing himself as the emir of Ilorin. Afonja was consumed by the unholy alliance he entered into with a complete stranger he knew nothing about. What happened in Ilorin was a classical example of act of treachery and betrayal. It was a palace coup and Afonja fought gallantly like a war General that he was; he did not run away even though he was grossly outnumbered.

You can't give what you don't have kiddo. We have fought against the fulanis on several occasions and came out victorious. We have enough experience to fall back on. You guys don't have any ! You're a people without any inspiring history when it comes to war and even social life - mere savages from Arochukwu !

So why should we enlist the assistance of any ESN,the commander of which dares not step on the Nigerian soil as we speak ? I will take you seriously if KANU can move about freely as Sunday Igboho is doing now. We are dealing with those dirty fulanis openly ; we ain't coding it ! Why don't you pay a visit to some Yewa forests in Ogun state now and witness some real actions ?

Since you hate Yoruba that much,why don't you pair up with those murderous fulanis so that you can partake in the slaughtering and raping of our people ? To hell with you and your cowardly handout !

WA GBAYI!!!

9 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kwara1stson:
tell me more about this please

Story long oo.
But

1. After the ikirun war, the Ibadan troops would have overtaken Ilorin but the British stepped in.

2. In 2000s or so OPC invaded Ilorin with the single action to raid the palace, depose the King and install an Oba. Along the route heading to Kwara their movement in such large number and convoy was suspected and the Police command in Ilorin was notified. When they got to border to Kwara they met tanks and battle ready army and police, they were denied entry into Kwara. No confrontation, they turned back. (OBJ was a mastermind of it)

3. The then governor of Kwara state. Lawal was against the emir and saraki father.
He was denied 2nd term as a governor and he was killed too

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Only APC Posters & Billboards On The Streets Of Lagos! / Bukola Saraki Escape Being Lynched By Angry Youths / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.