Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin (20873 Views)

Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Why Is Tinubu Not Saying Anything About Fulani And Yoruba Fight ? / Yinka Odumakin: Boko Haram Can Invite El-Rufai To Their AGM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by preacherz: 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

Fool,calm down ! I know what Odumakin said is beyond what your mouse like primitive brain could decipher but I'll break it down for you.

Simply put, if for not for the Yoruba that stopped the rampaging land grabbing fulani marauders at Osogbo,the whole of alaigbo would have been overrun easily without any resistance. There would have been emir of Onitsha,emir of Arochukwu,emir of owerri etc.

Alimi did not conquer Yoruba before installing himself as the emir of Ilorin. Afonja was consumed by the unholy alliance he entered into with a complete stranger he knew nothing about. What happened in Ilorin was a classical example of act of treachery and betrayal. It was a palace coup and Afonja fought gallantly like a war General that he was; he did not run away even though he was grossly outnumbered.

You can't give what you don't have kiddo. We have fought against the fulanis on several occasions and came out victorious. We have enough experience to fall back on. You guys don't have any ! You're a people without any inspiring history when it comes to war and even social life - mere savages from Arochukwu !

So why should we enlist the assistance of any ESN,the commander of which dares not step on the Nigerian soil as we speak ? I will take you seriously if KANU can move about freely as Sunday Igboho is doing now. We are dealing with those dirty fulanis openly ; we ain't coding it ! Why don't you pay a visit to some Yewa forests in Ogun state now and witness some real actions ?

Since you hate Yoruba that much,why don't you pair up with those murderous fulanis so that you can partake in the slaughtering and raping of our people ? To hell with you and your cowardly handout !

The Igbos fought d Civil war for 3years
They fought against Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, and the British all combined.
Then U honestly think they’ll give a hoot about a fight against just d Fulani?

Like seriously??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Never4getU: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
And Arewa consultative forum have now been turned into an angel-like forum abi?

Do u even understand the art of war or if u
do, then u must understand politics, do u know what's called foreign policy?

"If u bark at me I barked back at u", no shivering of any sort.

War favours no one but if it becomes necessary for peace so be it. U can't be throwing brimstone and arrow while I sit and watch my home front destroyed.

If any serious unrest start today over this hersmen matter, Nigeria govt will lose moral right and her efforts of peace will be misinterpreted towards support for Fulani hersmen as it is been believe across board.

Hausa/Fulanis behaves as overlord over the rest of the country, while trying to make Fulan a special species with a special status at the detriment of other equal members

tesppidd:
This Yinka Odynmakin has turned the renouned and respected Afenifere into something else with his consistent political stance on issues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
preacherz:

Like seriously??

Lol, igbos fought war

Is that a war you fought?

A war that just 3 Yoruba soldiers command

A war that Awo just made a simple statement "by denying you food" and that was your downfall is that what you called war?

A war that less than 500 Yoruba soldiers at ore made Biafra soldiers turned and push them back is what you called war?

If awolowo sitting in his office could do make the war won by Nigeria soldiers, I wonder what would happen if it were Igbo - Yoruba war.
You guys never fought a single war before, you don't have tactics.

That's why awolowo was able to change things around by just Making simple statement.

Ask Benin/Edo people they know what they call war, they've been there before.

6 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Kwara1stson: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Story long oo.
But

1. After the ikirun war, the Ibadan troops would have overtaken Ilorin but the British stepped in.

2. In 2000s or so OPC invaded Ilorin with the single action to raid the palace, depose the King and install an Oba. Along the route heading to Kwara their movement in such large number and convoy was suspected and the Police command in Ilorin was notified. When they got to border to Kwara they met tanks and battle ready army and police, they were denied entry into Kwara. No confrontation, they turned back. (OBJ was a mastermind of it)

3. The then governor of Kwara state. Lawal was against the emir and saraki father.
He was denied 2nd term as a governor and he was killed too
so sad to read this, the Yoruba antagonist will always be Yorubas. do you think the Yorubas can still overtay ilorin? am from kwara state
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by femijay8271(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
babaolofin:

Young man. The story you are being fed that is now on different online media is fake. Ordinarily, the Fulanis cannot withstand Afonja if they had come for war. They came as helpless people looking for survival. Afonja hosted them .They became friends, but inwardly, they have another agenda.

It was a falsehood that they supported Afonja to defeat Oyo soldiers. Ilorin was a war outpost of Old Oyo empire where battalions of soldiers were stationed for frontline war activities. Afonja was the head (Chief of Defence Staff or General or Aare Onakakanfo ) of Oyo empire soldiers but stationed at Ilorin. Oyo had battalions of soldiers in many towns, Afonja was the overall head. He became very powerful and famous, he had disagreement with Alaafin .

you are right, there's Alot of different stories about this Afonja. Pls where can one get the real story either written or oral?
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kwara1stson:
so sad to read this, the Yoruba antagonist will always be Yorubas. do you think the Yorubas can still overtay ilorin? am from kwara state

Very sad.
They can still take am if they wish.

If the Yorubas jointly agree that Ilorin should be changed to Obaship system.
It will and it will be done.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by pazienza(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2021

We have not forgotten so soon that when Nigeria had a misadventure of a civil war the heroes of that war were Benjamin Adekunle, Olusegun Obasanjo, Alani Akinrinade, Alabi Isama and others from Yoruba land. At the same time, some of their compatriots from Arewa land led troops which perished in the rivers as they had no war plan but followed the instructions of marabouts.

How exactly were Obj and Alani Akinrinade the heroes of civil war? He included Benjamin Adekunle too? Same mad man that was shooting at anything that moves in PH and was disgraced out the army later?

Alabi Isama is an Ukwuani man from Delta state.

It looks to me like Yorubas are merely reminding Hausa-Fulanis the good times they both had together committing genocide in Igbo land in the name of civil war. They are trying to bring them back to negotiation table by reminding them that they use to hunt together before.

I hope IPOB and Nnamdi KANU don't repeat Ojukwu mistakes by thinking we have allies in Yorubas, because obviously we don't.

I have noticed one theme in Nigeria.
Whenever the Fulanis start hammering any Nigerian group , be they SW, NC or SS. They always first to try to buy their pity by reminding them how they helped them against the Igbos during Biafra war. They are therefore indirectly reminding them that Ndiigbo would still start another resistance in the future and that the Fulani would do well to remember remember that they would still need their help to defeat the Igbos again.

Any sensible Igbo watching this trend should be worry of any talk of alliance with groups from these regions as many of them only see such alliance as a tool to force the Fulanis to call them back to table for negotiations after which they could leave the Igbo in the Lurch again.

If that mistake is repeated today there would be wars on many fronts and those who are not capable of formulating war plans will have no competent commanders to hide behind.

This is a Yoruba elite using the threat of possible future Biafra insurrection to force the Fulanis into negotiations.
What this means is that Yorubas are not interested in leaving Nigeria but would use threat of Biafra by pretending to form alliance with Biafra to get Fulanis to negotiate with them and use Ndiigbo as collateral damage again.

IPOB and MNK should be very careful. Ndiigbo will not fall into that trap a second time.

4 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by KoshCAD: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

Illorin was under Oba before, today Illorin is ruled by an Emir.

The fulanis are slaughtering your people and raping your mother, daughters and aunties and you're here chest beating.

Leave talk and enter bush and chase these demonic herdsmen out of your lands. Swallow your pride and beg ESN for handouts.
Can you give the name of the oba Mr mumu
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by KoshCAD: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Mokason288:
I HOPE I MADE SENSE
Really, then tell us here why your sarki ran with his people and relocated to Kwara instead of sleeping.

Stupidity is your second name.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by femijay8271(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Story long oo.
But

1. After the ikirun war, the Ibadan troops would have overtaken Ilorin but the British stepped in.

2. In 2000s or so OPC invaded Ilorin with the single action to raid the palace, depose the King and install an Oba. Along the route heading to Kwara their movement in such large number and convoy was suspected and the Police command in Ilorin was notified. When they got to border to Kwara they met tanks and battle ready army and police, they were denied entry into Kwara. No confrontation, they turned back. (OBJ was a mastermind of it)

3. The then governor of Kwara state. Lawal was against the emir and saraki father.
He was denied 2nd term as a governor and he was killed too

You are right, I heard that a governor then was against the emir shit!
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
pazienza:

How exactly were Obj and Alani Akinrinade the heroes of civil war? He included Benjamin Adekunle too? Same mad man that was shooting at anything that moves in PH and was disgraced out the army later?

Alabi Isama is an Ukwuani man from Delta state.

It looks to me like Yorubas are merely reminding Hausa-Fulanis the good times they both had together committing genocide in Igbo land in the name of civil war. They are trying to bring them back to negotiation table by reminding them that they use to hunt together before.

I hope IPOB and Nnamdi KANU don't repeat Ojukwu mistakes by thinking we have allies in Yorubas, because obviously we don't.

I have noticed one theme in Nigeria.
Whenever the Fulanis start hammering any Nigerian group , be they SW, NC or SS. They always first to try to buy their pity by reminding them how they helped them against the Igbos during Biafra war. They are therefore indirectly reminding them that Ndiigbo would still start another resistance in the future and that the Fulani would do well to remember remember that they would still need their help to defeat the Igbos again.

Any sensible Igbo watching this trend should be worry of any talk of alliance with groups from these regions as many of them only see such alliance as a tool to force the Fulanis to call them back to table for negotiations after which they could leave the Igbo in the Lurch again.

There was NEVER a time Yorubas ask for alliance or help with Igbo's.

Prove me wrong.
We do things in our own way.

By the way, we are only reminding the Fulani's that, the tactics and the war spirit is still there.
They should never take us for you guys.

We've had history and series of wars with them, we're only reminding them that its been long BUT the spirit and tactics didn't die.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by femijay8271(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kwara1stson:

Why not?
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by KoshCAD: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
Samunique:
These ibop guys always have their brain absent, honestly !!!
I tell you.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by etrouble: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Stop chest beating!

Illorin was under Oba before, today Illorin is ruled by an Emir.

The fulanis are slaughtering your people and raping your mother, daughters and aunties and you're here chest beating.

Leave talk and enter bush and chase these demonic herdsmen out of your lands. Swallow your pride and beg ESN for handouts.

The person that told you this nonsense just died after several decades at the psychiatric hospital. You may replace him at the psychiatric hospital soon.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
femijay8271:

You are right, I heard that a governor then was against the emir shit!

Yeah,
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Funkeshuga(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
shaboti:
Sunday Igboho is a bloody terrorist and must be brought to book! angry

we need more terrorist of Yoruba to deal with the fooolani

Yinka odumakin and others had failed Yoruba nation, his useless and unproductive article won't change that
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by KoshCAD: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
shaboti:
All this chest-beating is for who?? Better face your masters up north grin
Ask your father why he marched for a Fulani master.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by KoshCAD: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
shaboti:
Sunday Igboho is a bloody terrorist and must be brought to book! angry
I dare your father to come out and say this.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by muhdfaruq(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
GeneralPula:
This OP is an IGBO guy..

The only reason he created this thread is to start another Tribal war..True talk.He just brought one yeye history to bring disunity in nairaland forum.

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by pazienza(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

There was NEVER a time Yorubas ask for alliance or help with Igbo's.

Prove me wrong.
We do things in our own way.

By the way, we are only reminding the Fulani's that, the tactics and the war spirit is still there.
They should never take us for you guys.

We've had history and series of wars with them, we're only reminding them that its been long BUT the spirit and tactics didn't die.

Nope. You're reminding them that Biafrans are still threatening to leave Nigeria and that like in the past, if they hope to keep Biafrans contained, they need your help.

You are basically using Biafra to blackmail the Fulani into leaving your forests. Its a cool game if you ask me.

And yes, you are not asking Igbos for alliance , but some misguided IPOB people have it in them that there is an alliance between them and Yorubas which is why Nnamdi KANU is deceiving himself with Dele Momodu.
I believe Dele is on the plan too. Just create a loose enough suggestion of possible alliance with Biafra, enough to scare the Fulanis into conceding to your demands, but insufficient for Biafrans to claim you ever supported their secession agenda, when you finally get your concessions from Fulanis and suddenly start supporting them and their one Nigeria agenda of subjugation and gang up against Biafrans. I have seen this game before.

I understand your game perfectly. I'm just not convinced IPOB and MNK understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by ablejesus26(m): 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
Samunique:
These ibop guys always have their brain absent, honestly !!!

Oga wats the meaning of this na
so everybody dat types rubbish here about your tribe automatically becomes igbo right?

Na watin dis forum don turn to yorubaigboland

is it so impossible to address the animal you are quoting directly without being exactly likle him

na wa oo
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by muhdfaruq(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
Bar1941:

You are too young to know about the wars the Yorubas fought, ask grandpa, am sure he will educate you better about Yoruba warriors, the only issue is they fight reasonably.
hehe!!!You mean yoruba warriors like the great Afonja.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Pecuman: 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Salewa97:

Yes you did!

So two Cowardly Ethnicities of Yoruba and Igbo that will be summarily conquered in time by Hausa Fulani
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by KoshCAD: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
preacherz:

Like seriously??
Shut up, the civil war is never an Igbo fight.

Stop claiming a war that took place between military men.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
pazienza:

Nope. You're reminding them that Biafrans are still threatening to leave Nigeria and that like in the past, if they hope to keep Biafrans contained, they need your help.

You are basically using Biafra to blackmail the Fulani into leaving your forests. Its a cool game if you ask me.

And yes, you are not asking Igbos for alliance , but some misguided IPOB people have it in them that there is an alliance between them and Yorubas which is why Nnamdi KANU is deceiving himself with Dele Momodu.
I believe Dele is on the plan too. Just create a loose enough suggestion of possible alliance with Biafra, enough to scare the Fulanis into conceding to your demands, but insufficient for Biafrans to claim you ever supported their secession agenda, when you finally get your concessions from Fulanis and suddenly start supporting them and their one Nigeria agenda of subjugation and gang up against Biafrans. I have seen this game before.

I understand your game perfectly. I'm just not convinced IPOB and MNK understand.

Well you're wrong.
This is just the Basics of the message.

SOME of our supposed compatriots of Fulani extraction have been taunting Yoruba to war of late thinking that the people are a senseless group who will fight as a first resort without choosing their battles and weigh the cost of a war.
we are only reminding them.
Many people including you guys are all waiting for us to attack first but no, we don't do that without thinking of the cost and damages, that's why we always use diplomacy(which I don't like anyways) to resolve issues before it escalates.

Read the history wella with open understanding you would see he is reminding them.

BTW, we don't have problem with you guys and kanu whatsoever.
If we have problem with you, you would have know even your brothers would have been giving you update.

What we ask from you is to stay clear of us, let every region pursue her region interest.
We always put our interest/region/people first before anything, I wonder why anyone would call that tribalism.

Igbos and Yorubas have not been in alliance since 1959, and yet you were in government.

I wonder what your alliance will do now?
We can still be a good neighbor anyways.

And yes, we know our common enemy but let each region fights her common enemy the way she can fights it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by preacherz: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Lol, igbos fought war

Is that a war you fought?

A war that just 3 Yoruba soldiers command

A war that Awo just made a simple statement "by denying you food" and that was your downfall is that what you called war?

A war that less than 500 Yoruba soldiers at ore made Biafra soldiers turned and push them back is what you called war?

If awolowo sitting in his office could do make the war won by Nigeria soldiers, I wonder what would happen if it were Igbo - Yoruba war.
You guys never fought a single war before, you don't have tactics.

That's why awolowo was able to change things around by just Making simple statement.

Ask Benin/Edo people they know what they call war, they've been there before.

And they held on for 3 years.
That June 12 drama couldn’t bring u guys to act is enough
To respect what d Igbos did in the Late 60s.

That Awolowo induced strategy cost Nigeria the Oil rich Bakasy
So u have unconsciously agreed with me that that war wasn’t just against
The afore mentioned( Yoruba,Hausa, Fulani, Britain) but also Cameroon
And U still say it’s not a war.

No it’s a Riot.

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Sammy07: 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
preacherz:

And they held on for 3 years.
That June 12 drama couldn’t bring u guys to act is enough
To respect what d Igbos did in the Late 60s.

That Awolowo induced strategy cost Nigeria the Oil rich Bakasy
So u have unconsciously agreed with me that that war wasn’t just
The afore mentioned( Yoruba,Hausa, Fulani, Britain) but also Cameroon
And U still say it’s not a war.

No it’s a Riot.

Lol which war?
War you lost nah war?
War that a civilian turned everything around with words nah war?

Comot for here joor.
If there is any tribe that fought war.
Yorubas
Edo/Benins
Fulanis
Nupes and few others.

That civil war nah just battle of the guns.

3 Likes

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by muhdfaruq(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
preacherz:

Like seriously??
That is why i see biafran republic formed.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
preacherz:

Like seriously??

Same old,stale rhetoric ! Igbo fought against the whole world...this might make some senses,okay ? Bleep Igbo, Bleep fulani !

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by preacherz: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
KoshCAD:
Shut up, the civil war is never an Igbo fight.

Stop claiming a war that took place between military men.

Military Men indeed
Ur own Military Men peed their pants
In June 12

That’s d difference.
Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by legba1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
I detests epistles, iam a person of actions.....

No matter how well we script words.... The only fact that is sacrosanct is that. THERE MUST BE WAR. If we dogde it today informs of agreements and peace parley, we only postpone the War to be prosecuted by our children but I tell you the enemy by then will be stronger and bolder hence the battle more difficult for our children to fight.... NOW IS THE TIME TO CUT THIS HYDRA HEADED MONSTER CALLED HERDSMEN TO SIZE

1 Like

Re: The Wars Yoruba Fight By Yinka Odumakin by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
All these noise of Fulani invasion comes from Yoruba Christian bigots who hates seeing Islam around them.
How many times did these same Odumakins complain about imposing of Christianity on Yorubas, the enslaving of Yorubas, the adulteration of foreign culture on Yorubas by whites?
They need to know that Islam was in Yoruba Land long before whites came and imposed their shit on them, so why don't they complain?
After civil war there was serious proliferation of arms in the hands of criminals and down North people only hear abt arm robbery but before we know there were arm robbers everywhere in the north and almost all of them were from particular section of this nation not north but it was never seen as a tribal criminality but an action of criminals. But these bigots have long want to put this country in ethno-religious conflict but an internal obstacle can't let them start because the war will consume them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Appeal Court Affirms Sheriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate / Supreme Court Rules On Bayelsa Governorship Election / Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.