Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) (47485 Views)

FRSC Officer MJ Oni Slaps Man For Recording Him In Osun / Police Arrest 18-year-old For Attempt To Rob ABSU Students, Three Others [VIDEO] / Professor Charles Jide-Oni, 11 Others Arraigned For Internet Fraud, Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by adexpa(m): 6:43am On Feb 04, 2021
Sunday needs to understand that media publicity is not good for him, those people are doing it for selfish gains (they need traffic on their pages) and they will brainwash him that they are promoting him.
He needs to limit interviews and be careful on the kind of questions he responds to, media has done more bad than good.

5 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ridbell01(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2021
only senseless people will go against this man

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Rolly22(m): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Yeah show some respect to the monarch There is no doubt ogboho is a real niggarr That is how we real niggarrrrs roll
keep Quite , Slaves Don't deserve respect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Kay75(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2021
Silence is the best answer for all fools. Igboho osha, ojo iwaju kipa ijapa,ojo eyin kipa igbin,iran iyalaya ojo kan kiro kopa oju iho idi. Omo Adeyemi, agba wa leyin e, eni ba ni tie bawo a ku iku ojiji.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by missionp(m): 6:53am On Feb 04, 2021
This man has said it all it for the benefit of the Yoruba's, Let our elders wakeup....
One love Oodua...
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Rolly22(m): 6:53am On Feb 04, 2021
Yankee101:
It's takes a bigger man to apologize when wrong

And it's not a small feat

Avoid anyone who cannot apologize when wrong

Wrong about what? Their absolutely nothing wrong in saying the obvious truth.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by cpu2006(m): 6:54am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
One thing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will never do. Apologize for saying the truth, naah.

Sunday has already passed the message.
A well trained son will tender apology to his father whenever he did something wrong but that does not mean that his father did not understand the message.

5 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by cpu2006(m): 6:56am On Feb 04, 2021
adexpa:
Sunday needs to understand that media publicity is not good for him, those people are doing it for selfish gains (they need traffic on their pages) and they will brainwash him that they are promoting him.
He needs to limit interviews and be careful on the kind of questions he responds to, media has done more bad than good.

You have said it all. God bless you
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Rolly22(m): 6:57am On Feb 04, 2021
femi4:
you guys lack respect for culture and tradition now
We Don't respect idiots who watch their people get slaughtered and keeps Quite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Elzakzaky: 6:58am On Feb 04, 2021
OhiOfIhima:
Seem like you have never been caught in a losing mode. Where someone to be representing you begin to dance across the truth, it vr hurt and painful and can make someone lose self respect. He has apologized, the best thing to have done. This guy is a Messiah.
I am sure you didnt watch the video that showed him insult the king. It was so unnecessary. He will surely need the inputs of traditional rulers and politicians at some points.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

grin grin grin grin

...and where is the 1diot Maazi Kanu? The 1d10tic coward is hiding on Facebook ruling his gullible following on Facebook

They don't wake up their fathers with karate kicks in early morning in the west

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ariesbull: 7:00am On Feb 04, 2021
Cantonese:

Don’t come here and say what you do not know.

“They don’t have any power”. Who told you that? If Kings don’t have powers why do the people refer cases to him to handle? Why do the people make complaints to him? Why do the people look to him to speak with governments and governors on their behalf? Please choose your words carefully when you speak about Igbo Kings. Even those from autonomous communities are well respected and honored by their people.

You can say those words when you have an irresponsible king and they are in every tribe.
Ad any body in igbo land... Forget what you watch in home video... There is a saying in igbo land.... Asakota Eze anya ejiri nkata gwa ya okwu

My dear, the power of rest in umunna not kings... In igbo land kings don't pronounce judgement .. it's Umunna that pronounce judgement and kings just have to concur... We don't have powerful kings ... That is igbo culture
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Levels1(m): 7:03am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

You can't compare Yoruba to other tribes, if you are called OMOLUWABI bro, you have received highest honour you can ever imagin. He just demonstrated the different between the two tribes and you equally attest to it as well...

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Rolly22(m): 7:04am On Feb 04, 2021
jidxin:
exactly my point, igbos are too impetuous, they aint tactical, i will always say it, their blood too dey hot, they should sit and draw their blue print instead of just jumping up and down at start acting once the thought comes to their head.

Shut the bleep up, we are not cowards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Levels1(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

Elders that are more interested in their own pockets than the general Yoruba interest? If they were doing the needful do you think there would have been a Sunday Igboho in the first place?

Either doing the needful or not, you just don't open your mouth and insult an elders in Yoruba land and if mistakenly you do, of cause you are to apologise as OMOLUWABI. I served in Anambra State and I saw how Igbos tradition permit them to greet, talk and react to elders words, then I appreciate been a Yoruba man.

3 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by EngrOloye: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2021
EGBON SUNNY,Olorun a da Awon omo yin oooo.Ti awon olori wa o ba ran wa lowo.sugbon e jeki a wa funrawa ran arawa lowo.pls sir don’t relent just continue. One day your name will enter here:

So many griots sat us down to tell us about tales of great men of Yoruba cultural history while we were young!

Balogun Ogunmola
Efusetan Aniwura
Bashorun Gaa
Fabunmi Okemesi
Balogun Ogedengbe
Kurumi
Great Lisabi of Egba
Ajayi Ogboriefon

Egbon sunny,the Fulanis have surrounded all Yoruba land so dat by 2022 they will start civil war in Nigeria bcs they don’t want power to leave their territory.

Mark my word sir
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Bishop4real: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

Apologize for spilling propaganda, you mean?

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by sonofElElyon: 7:13am On Feb 04, 2021
not "almighty"... "mighty" would suffice

Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy.
Insulting almighty Ooni was so unnecessary. It will not end well for Sunday Igboho, mark my words.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by jidxin(m): 7:13am On Feb 04, 2021
Rolly22:

Shut the bleep up, we are not cowards.
yes you aint coward, you are fearless but without brain.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by themanderon: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2021
That's the problem with Nigeria no wonder the truth is becoming a thing of the past and evil is reigning in the land. What is he apologizing for? What did he day wrong and where was the ooni when the people are maimed and raoed almost on a daily basis? Political correctness. Is killing us in this nation to the point no one speaks the truth anymore.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by poka7(m): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2021
Racoon:
Respecting elders is traditionally an acceptable virtue of culture but in a situation wherein the so called traditional rulers are not helping the collective cause of their people or advocating their interests because they want to sound or appear politically correct, do they still deserve the same respect? No they dont.

Imagine someone calling another human almighty. No man is almighty. dont give the name of God to man
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by jornwhite: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
One thing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will never dto. Apologize for saying the truth, naah.

We have a culture &its mandate we afonjas must respect our elders in all situation, i don't expect your tribe to understand any of that however insult n truth are not conjoined twins i.e its possible to say the truth without demeaning it with insults.
FIY !! no one needs kanu to apologize, the only people kanu should apologize to are his leftover followers. the world does not care what a coward thinks. naah

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Elzakzaky: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2021
sonofElElyon:
not "almighty"... "mighty" would suffice

Thanks for the correction. I looked up the meaning of the word and have made the necessary correction
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Jessepaid(m): 7:18am On Feb 04, 2021
princemillla:

No matter what you still don’t abuse the elders. Whether they r doing the right thing or not but one thing am sure of is their decision will consume them and their kinsmen!

More reason why I supported this guy wen he said he won’t go back to oyo to face the supposed waklili, he is a lone fighter with backlash at home
hehehe...

Nobody is above gingering...

Even if you 90 years old...

If you eff up...

I change am for you...

Shimple...
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by KoshCAD: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

Elders that are more interested in their own pockets than the general Yoruba interest? If they were doing the needful do you think there would have been a Sunday Igboho in the first place?
Truth
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by sonofElElyon: 7:19am On Feb 04, 2021
you are welcome

Elzakzaky:

Thanks for the correction. I looked up the meaning of the word and have made the necessary correction
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by KoshCAD: 7:20am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy.
Insulting Ooni was so unnecessary. It will not end well for Sunday Igboho, mark my words.
Keep quiet.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
YORUBA is different in terms of respecting the elders
hw didn’t know that from the beginning??
y’all are known for being cowards stfu

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Cantonese: 7:22am On Feb 04, 2021
ariesbull:

Ad any body in igbo land... Forget what you watch in home video... There is a saying in igbo land.... Asakota Eze anya ejiri nkata gwa ya okwu

My dear, the power of rest in umunna not kings... In igbo land kings don't pronounce judgement .. it's Umunna that pronounce judgement and kings just have to concur... We don't have powerful kings ... That is igbo culture

“Asokata Eze Anya...” is a proverb used to address abusive elders. Umunna is a system used by Igbos to address issues within families and it ends there. So you want to say umunna controls an entire town?

“Umunna pronounce judgements...” and King’s concur? And you have not heard of King’s who have overruled the decisions of the Umunna, especially where they are oppressive? Go and speak with your king anyhow and find out if he is powerful or not.

“We don’t have powerful Kings”. You want to say the Obi of Onitsha is not powerful, or Eze Okpoko, or the Igwe of Nnewi? What about Kings of other towns in the SE? My brother do not disparage the Igbo kings here.

Ask questions on how things are done and you”ll get them.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Trustedpro: 7:23am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Insulting Ooni was so unnecessary. It will not end well for Sunday Igboho, mark my words.

How can you call ooni "Almighty"? I know igboho can not be successful without the support of the state governor.... The Oba's are not proactive concerning the safety of the Yorubas because they earn salary from the governors. Please God is the only Almighty

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Trogge: 7:26am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
. What have you done in this situation, he stood out boldly, and fought, guess you are at Home, his fighting for the injustice. Is the North not big enough for them to rear their cattle.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by InvertedHammer: 7:26am On Feb 04, 2021
princemillla:

No matter what you still don’t abuse the elders. Whether they r doing the right thing or not but one thing am sure of is their decision will consume them and their kinsmen!

More reason why I supported this guy wen he said he won’t go back to oyo to face the supposed waklili, he is a lone fighter with backlash at home
/
True. That's why slavery thrived in that region. They respected their elders all the way to the slave ship while the elders received radio, dry gin and umbrellas. Sunday is giving Ooni a backhanded compliment. Like I said, "what has been said cannot be unsaid" We know Ooni is a stooge who doesn't want to suffer the same fate as Sanusi. Even the Are Ona katakwo is still in dilemma.

Respect is earned!
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wife Pours Hot Water On Her Husband In Abuja After Argument Over Socks. Photos / France-based Nigerian Travels To Lagos, Leads Cyberattacks On 10 Banks (pics) / Lagos Police Arrest Two Brothers With Human Head (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.