Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) (47476 Views)

FRSC Officer MJ Oni Slaps Man For Recording Him In Osun / Police Arrest 18-year-old For Attempt To Rob ABSU Students, Three Others [VIDEO] / Professor Charles Jide-Oni, 11 Others Arraigned For Internet Fraud, Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Masterito(m): 7:27am On Feb 04, 2021
Respect for the Ooni. I am wondering why the Ooni never condemn the killing of his people before Sunday started.
laiperi:
If you are not Yoruna, you can hear but not understand our culture from Sunday's mouth.

Ooni never said anything against him. He only advised Sunday to give peace a chance before he moves against Fulani again.

The fact is if Sunday does not, other Yoruba will. This is above Ooni or Sunday. Each must not cross the other.

Ooni only told Buhari that he cannot control Sunday if the killings do not stop. It is the role of Ooni to make that clear to Sunday and Buhari.

Yoruba must unite on this. Distractors do not understand our culture.

Ilorin still haunt Yoruba, that is why Ija ORE le!

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by bkool7(m): 7:27am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
One thing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will never do. Apologize for saying the truth, naah.

That's why he's fugitive

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by LegacyB: 7:27am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
That’s where u note the difference. Apologizing is never a sign of weakness, no one is infallible.

4 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by SweetiliciousD: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
YORUBA is different in terms of respecting the elders

Parsble: When an elder fails to speak up and defend his people when it matters most, he becomes prone to accepting the biting words of his subject who does.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by LegacyB: 7:30am On Feb 04, 2021
Rolly22:

We Don't respect idiots who watch their people get slaughtered and keeps Quite.
When ure more mature come back and read your statement.Smh

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Regex: 7:35am On Feb 04, 2021
No offense to my Yoruba friends in the house.

I expected this to happen, you know why? Yorubas are cow.ards!

This dude has been threatened and he was looking for a way to back down. Which other way if not to insult the people the Yorubas have in high esteem? Watch him cool off and never to be heard again. It's all a game plan, politics. Nigga has built his reputation politically, he's gonna contest for position soon.

Before I used to be mad at my tribe for not having a symbolic ruler like the Yorubas have obas. But this right here showed me that the Ibos hate to be controlled (to be a zombie).

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by tito44: 7:38am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:

You respect ur elders, but mine their skulls. Is skull mining a sign of respect?
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by NoRetreat(m): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy.
Insulting Ooni was so unnecessary. It will not end well for Sunday Igboho, mark my words.
The problem Sunday igboho is having is because of his loquacious ness, he needed not to be granting all press /media interviews moreso, some people may not like what he is doing remember what killed Professor Peller, unreasonable answer to interview. Meanwhile, IT WILL END WELL WITH HIM, the souls of the victims of killerherdsmen will haunt those who are sabotaging Igboho efforts.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by wumi2017(f): 7:40am On Feb 04, 2021
You are welcome Baami igboho oosa
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Eriokanmi: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
You can say that in a million times . Nice

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Chirowman(m): 7:42am On Feb 04, 2021
Is okay
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by NoRetreat(m): 7:43am On Feb 04, 2021
adexpa:
Sunday needs to understand that media publicity is not good for him, those people are doing it for selfish gains (they need traffic on their pages) and they will brainwash him that they are promoting him.
He needs to limit interviews and be careful on the kind of questions he responds to, media has done more bad than good.
His weakness is that unnecessary media shows and interviews. You don't display all your arsenals to your enemies else you are roasted before the war.

4 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 04, 2021
A good example why Africans would remain in bondage forever. Others that have overthrown, killed and insulted their leaders are centuries ahead we are still here being sorry for saying the truth, let's bet all these noise na rubbish the only people that might rid themselves of this Fulani menace is the south east and south south.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Gracchus: 7:47am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
You ibos really gat a whole lot of problems. What's igboho's business with your Kanu and indeed what concerns ibos with Yoruba issues? You people should mi d your goddamned business, stop pokenosing into our affairs, we don't give a flying fucck about what becomes of you lot cos we freaking dont know you people, same way y'll shouldn't care what becomes of us too. We ain't your frie d, brother or part er in anything. We are totally different people, let every face their regions.

4 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Levels1(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2021
Regex:
No offense to my Yoruba friends in the house.

I expected this to happen, you know why? Yorubas are cow.ards!

This dude has been threatened and he was looking for a way to back down. Which other way if not to insult the people the Yorubas have in high esteem? Watch him cool off and never to be heard again. It's all a game plan, politics. Nigga has built his reputation politically, he's gonna contest for position soon.

Before I used to be mad at my tribe for not having a symbolic ruler like the Yorubas have obas. But this right here showed me that the Ibos hate to be controlled (to be a zombie).

I think the moderator should restrict this platform for adults only to make comments subject to (18) years above.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by unscripted(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy.
Insulting Ooni was so unnecessary. It will not end well for Sunday Igboho, mark my words.
people are dieing you speak about insulting the oni ..

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Regex: 7:53am On Feb 04, 2021
Levels1:

I think the moderator should restrict this platform for adults only to make comments subject to (18) years above.

And why is that? Did you have to tag my comment to make this comment?

Do you understand what "no offense to my Yoruba friends" is?
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Coolgent(m): 7:53am On Feb 04, 2021
This agbero will be in serious trouble sooner than he expected
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by spokesboy: 7:55am On Feb 04, 2021
Fulani herdsman spotted!!! What are you doing here Aboki?
Elzakzaky:
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by 4X4: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
NONSENSE . SOME ELDERS ARE FOOLS AND DESERVE NO RESPECT

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by femeritus: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Why are some persons angry that he apologised? No single person can fight the battle alone and all Yoruba inspite of their religious, political or social affiliations need to be united in this fight to succeed. It's a good thing he apologised because he was already losing popularity and for me that would have been very bad for the struggle and don't be surprised this has been the plan of the detractors from the beginning. They want to divide the Yoruba so they can have their way. It's good Sunday knows he cannot fight the fight alone. He also acknowledged that he's even one of the smallest warriors in Yoruba land as there are more powerful persons than he is in Yoruba land but they need to wake up.

I really don't think Sunday should have dragged the King in the first place as this could polarise the region and weaken the struggle. Also because the Oba really didn't speak ill of Sunday. He only advised him on how to go about it and no one can say categorically that the Oni did not express his displeasure to the President when they met in Abuja. Saying the Alaafin should have been the one to be called to Abuja alone was divisive and could reignite the old rivalry between the two monarchs and their supporters and the Yoruba nation and the fight against killer herdsmen will be worse for it.

When leaders meet behind closed doors, they can be brutally honest with each other but you don't expect them to spit fire in public. We don't have the details of the meeting the Oni had with the President so it would be unfair to say he didn't tell the President the truth.

All the same, Sunday has apologised and I believe the humble and amiable Oba has accepted his apologies, let the struggle continue and all enemies put to shame.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Jimmy231: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Flackoo:
What shall it profit a King to protect his throne and lose his People!!!

So many griots sat us down to tell us about tales of great men of Yoruba cultural history while we were young!!!

Balogun Ogunmola
Efusetan Aniwura
Bashorun Gaa
Fabunmi Okemesi
Balogun Ogedengbe
Kurumi
Great Lisabi of Egba
Ajayi Ogboriefon

Add Yours!!!

Trust me one day Igboho will go up there on that list as one of the greatest Yoruba hero of all time
Adedibu

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by excel101(m): 8:05am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
Respect is not just good morning sir/good afternoon sir or your utterences alone, but true respect is boldly upholding the truth the way it is irrespective of the faces in front of you.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ifejobi84754: 8:06am On Feb 04, 2021
: YORUBA is different in terms of respecting the elders You can say that in a million times . Nice
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by kingriches2005: 8:06am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
why didn't he think of his action before doing it.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Odmic2839(m): 8:07am On Feb 04, 2021
You are right but no matter how wrong your parent are there are better ways to correct them not by uttering words like this. We Yoruba have much respect than any other tribe in the world. He is doing the right thing in a wrong way by talking to a prominent king like that.
Bluntguy:

Elders that are more interested in their own pockets than the general Yoruba interest? If they were doing the needful do you think there would have been a Sunday Igboho in the first place?

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by deeva2: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:

TELL HIM

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by deeva2: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2021
NICE MOVE
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by MummyD2020(f): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

Elders that are more interested in their own pockets than the general Yoruba interest? If they were doing the needful do you think there would have been a Sunday Igboho in the first place?

They are gradually shrinking away from confronting the fulani people all in the term of being 'respectful'. Watch how this Sunday will frizzle out into thin air. Umu oji onu 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by kingriches2005: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2021
bkool7:

That's why he's fugitive
fugitive yes,but he said the truth.been a fugitive is the price he is paying.That's what differentiate him from others fools that will ultered some words and start asking for forgiveness the following day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 21 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu / Pictures Of One Of The Armed Robber Caught This. Morning(viewer Decretion) / France-based Nigerian Travels To Lagos, Leads Cyberattacks On 10 Banks (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.