Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) (47480 Views)

FRSC Officer MJ Oni Slaps Man For Recording Him In Osun / Police Arrest 18-year-old For Attempt To Rob ABSU Students, Three Others [VIDEO] / Professor Charles Jide-Oni, 11 Others Arraigned For Internet Fraud, Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Alexis11: 4:27am On Feb 04, 2021
You are forgiven.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:37am On Feb 04, 2021
princemillla:

No matter what you still don’t abuse the elders. Whether they r doing the right thing or not but one thing am sure of is their decision will consume them and their kinsmen!

More reason why I supported this guy wen he said he won’t go back to oyo to face the supposed waklili, he is a lone fighter with backlash at home
I respect you soo much
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by fokusmind: 4:37am On Feb 04, 2021
Begging Oni is in line with Yoruba culture and he shows Igboho is not seeking any vain glory but to liberate his people from prevalent insecurity. What he has just done tactically is to move public opinion against the elders by rallying them up against the herdsmen. He seems more sensible and smarter than I have thought.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:40am On Feb 04, 2021
Prompto:
So according to foolish Igbos reasoning now Ooni of Ife is now working against Yoruba's interest ?! To de read from cursed Igbos like you don tire me I swear na beating lunatic like you suppose de chop for street with the level of foolishness you display on subject that does not concern you in anyway.

mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j
rule 2

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Alexis11: 4:43am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
One thing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will never do. Apologize for saying the truth, naah.

Just watched the video... The guy didn't really apologize like that sha.

But he knows he will lose the support of many Yorubas if he doesn't apologize to Ooni because many people don't joke with their monarchs in SW. he may lose supporters.

As someone that knows that he needs supporters, what he did is right.

7 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by laiperi: 4:43am On Feb 04, 2021
If you are not Yoruba, you can hear but not understand our culture from Sunday's mouth.

Ooni never said anything against him. He only advised Sunday to give peace a chance before he moves against Fulani again.

The fact is if Sunday does not, other Yoruba will. This is above Ooni or Sunday. Each must not cross the other.

Ooni only told Buhari that he cannot control Sunday if the killings do not stop. It is the role of Ooni to make that clear to Sunday and Buhari.

Yoruba must unite on this. Distractors do not understand our culture.

Ilorin still haunt Yoruba, that is why Ija ORE le!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by oloshun(m): 4:46am On Feb 04, 2021
Flackoo:
What shall it profit a King to protect his throne and lose his People!!!

So many griots sat us down to tell us about tales of great men of Yoruba cultural history while we were young!!!

Balogun Ogunmola
Efusetan Aniwura
Bashorun Gaa
Fabunmi Okemesi
Balogun Ogedengbe
Kurumi
Great Lisabi of Egba
Ajayi Ogboriefon

Add Yours!!!

Trust me one day Igboho will go up there on that list as one of the greatest Yoruba hero of all time

Lala of Ira
Afonja of Ilorin

The biggest mistake made to Yoruba war history was the installation of the new Aare Ona Kakanfo. Everybody knows he has nothing to offer. Or when did OPC membership became a qualification to the sit of Aare? Even though he want to fight now, where is he going to start, someone that is neither a spiritual technocrat nor does he possess any warring technicalities. With all these atrocities, he keeps saying he is looking into things before action. Is it until Yoruba nation is reduced to half by a useless minority group?

6 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Amumaigwe: 4:50am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
YORUBA is different in terms of respecting the elders

Where has the unquestioning respect for their cowardly elders taken them?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:51am On Feb 04, 2021
DenreleDave:

Stop reporting me..

I don't like it
adenrele I'm watching you
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by BIGKemsey(m): 4:55am On Feb 04, 2021
Whether he begged for forgiveness or not, the points have been well noted. He was only being honest by calling them Fulani slaves
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by vioment: 5:00am On Feb 04, 2021
Oni ni, ogboni ko.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by MoIbrahim: 5:14am On Feb 04, 2021
Racoon:
Respecting elders is traditionally an acceptable virtue of culture but in a situation the so called traditional rulers are not helping the collective cause of their people or advocating their interests because they want to appear politically correct, do they still deserve the same respect? No they dont.

Lack of respect for elders is the reason why in some regions there are no shepered. Anyone gets up to make noise and gets followed, and there have been confusion there. Difficult to point at a single leader that galvanises the people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Adamsshaje: 5:18am On Feb 04, 2021
wink i thought he is a warrior
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Congrats321(m): 5:20am On Feb 04, 2021
If he did not insult a whole oonirisa you are sure it will end well for Sunday igboho?

Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy. When I watched the video where he insulted a whole Oonirisa, I knew it will not end well for him.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by femi4: 5:22am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
One thing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will never do. Apologize for saying the truth, naah.
you guys lack respect for culture and tradition now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by alomeda600(m): 5:24am On Feb 04, 2021
Hey peeps, kindly block this number on your phone 09038634255 especially on your parents' phone .... The person is a bank scammer....
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by AntiWailer: 5:24am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

Elders that are more interested in their own pockets than the general Yoruba interest? If they were doing the needful do you think there would have been a Sunday Igboho in the first place?

We don't disrespect elders neither do we disrespect our crown. That is our tradition.

Also as long as u can not prove that Ooni collected anything for his pocket, u cnt just talk because talk is free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by AntiWailer: 5:27am On Feb 04, 2021
Adamsshaje:
wink i thought he is a warrior

According to history , our Kings go to war and they are warriors too.

They dnt wear skirt and drink palm wine during war times.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Gandollaar(f): 5:29am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
Where's the respect?

Punch his nose, then apologize.

Message passed. Message gotten.

4 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by uBuNiT: 5:34am On Feb 04, 2021
You are forgiven but we don't want wahala in Yoruba land. Your action is suicidal to us. Leave Fulani people alone. Don't provoke them more
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Jerryherd: 5:35am On Feb 04, 2021
Sunday Igboho was right to vent his fustration, and am glad he apologized

3 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by omega2128(m): 5:36am On Feb 04, 2021
I'm very sure that most of the people that commented did not watch the video.
who is Sunday igboho to call Onirisa -- animal, crazy person, traitor.
igboho lifted his position higher than onirisa. igboho is saying "I will work with kings that work with me" igboho first

how can you fight for me and at the same time insulting my father?

pride, pride and pride before fall.
Sunday is insulting anybody who doesn't do his will. he is acting like a mad dog

igboho insulted sitting Governor, kings even president.
weapon without control is useless.

5 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by elmessiahs(m): 5:37am On Feb 04, 2021
it's out of love for your people that you expressed perceived frustration so I urge the Ooni of ife to forgive without hesitation because they are on similar course. Rather they express their anger on osinbajo who is more like one of okorochas statue their in the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
But I have seen a lot of Yorubas on this platform insult and attack the group behind Afenifere

4 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ScamHunter: 5:41am On Feb 04, 2021
Finally, they've succeeded in distracting this man with politics. Yoruba are in trouble. Did you notice how apprehensive Fulani were over Amotekun which they have now proven is a toothless leopard incapable of killing a calf? This is an error these people should not have made. Fulani are opportunistic and would exploit the confusion among the Yoruba to grab more territories.
If Yoruba knew Amotekun wouldn't be effective, they shouldn't have formed it. Discouraging the only Arrowhead leader that is ready to confront the lawless headon spells calamity for local communities there. The odds now highly favor the aggressors. You'll see that 2 years is a long long time to grab new territories.

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by gcof(m): 5:43am On Feb 04, 2021
Alexis11:

Just watched the video... The guy didn't really apologize like that sha.

But he knows he will lose the support of many Yorubas if he doesn't apologize to Ooni because many people don't joke with their monarchs in SW. he may lose supporters.

As someone that knows that he needs supporters, what he did is right.
a lot of people commenting did not read the write up nor watched the video
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by COdeGenesis: 5:47am On Feb 04, 2021
This guy made sense. I was touched by his patriotism and good wishes for the Yoruba people. I have never seen any politician try to breakthrough political divisions to bring the Yoruba nation together. This is the LOVE Yorubas should strive to keep. The same blood that flows through an Ibadan man is the same blood that flows through an Osogbo man. They are all brothers. What affects my brother should affect me.There should be solidarity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 21 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu / Pictures Of One Of The Armed Robber Caught This. Morning(viewer Decretion) / Wife Pours Hot Water On Her Husband In Abuja After Argument Over Socks. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.