Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

My COVID-19 Near Death Experience - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My COVID-19 Near Death Experience (17893 Views)

My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by GrandFinale2021(m): 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2021
Reinaldo:
Leave those foolish deniers.

Thank God for your life and that of your family too.

My Uncle's close friend just died from COVID-19, and I know at least five people who have been down with the disease, yet some people just insist on spreading their ignorance all over the place. Sometimes, willful ignorance is how people die of avoidable causes.
you will be the next, paid bastard agent

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by GrandFinale2021(m): 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
Unknown31:
Thanks for sharing your experience. From your experience, there are available treatments for this overhyped disease, that someone can do without visiting isolation centres. So what is the whole point of shutting down the country?
If covid19 is not a SCAMdemic, we should be seeing pictures of dead bodies all over Kogi state.
ncdc are recruiting agents to go all over social medias and spread lies of people dying in Kogi.
Op is one of them.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
kadiri3:
na ncdc agent
Oh now I understand better.
Paid agents everywhere

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by GrandFinale2021(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
ThierryJay:
The funny thing is with all the evidence you've provided and seriousness of the issue, they will still go ahead to say you're a paid agent and a scam bla bla bla. It's like they are innately programmed to be incapable of rational thinking. Only when they are affected directly would they then acknowledge its reality.

Grade one stupidity is to believe that because the Government has not gotten its act together regarding Covid 19, then the disease itself must be a scam. Abeg, does the virus particle that is transmitted when a returnee traveller from the US sneezes on his family and friends think about Government insincerity before it starts wreaking havoc? Where is the logic in this?

The truth is that almost everyone will eventually catch covid at one point or the other due to the sheer mass of people not really taking precautions which undermines the efforts of those who take it seriously.
same OP commenting with another moniker.
Anyway the money from ncdc and fg for this your propaganda is enough to save your stomach from the ravaging hunger of this Buhari regime.
Keep up the good work but I can suggest more forums where you can keep spreading the goodnews

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by scally11: 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
My friends covid is fucking real. Please no joke with am. Last two weeks I had a terrible fever. I was surprised because I sleep in mosquito treated net and I wasn't stressed. Infact the fever was so severe that I never had that kind of fever. I was praying that I survived it. Cough came in third day, weakness came in third day too. Then diarrhea and sweating joined. One thing I was always doing was clearing my airways. I took freegell although even when I was sleeping I have one in my mouth. The symptoms began to wear off after 8days and after 13days I felt better. One thing I noticed apart from the intense fever is that covid 19 always attack the lungs and when it gets your lungs and begins to block it then it becomes fatal. All in all I have God and my immune system to thank for it. Nigeria should beware covid is real. I don't even know how I contracted it

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Wizvicky(m): 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
I knew covid-19 was real since March 2020. I had it in as much as it wasn't confirmed by NCDC. I Know the feelings I had and know I have never felt that way in my entire life before. My girlfriend got hit same time. Probably I infected her. Called NCDC several times but no reply from them only stupid messages asking if I have been outside the country in the past few months. Guys it was Terrible. I pray you don't experience it y'all. My girl was crying and saying how is her mom gonna survive if anything should happen to her. What saved me was the information I got from sites like nairaland and the likes on some home remedies for covid. I bought zinc sulphate, I got chloroquine, me that hate ginger got a full supply in my house. I used it in cooking as well as chewing and dipping some inside hot water to drink. I always have lemon which I insert in hot water and make everyone in my house to drink. It was really terrible guys. I'm glad I survived it. Covid was probably in out midst before we could realized it. I got hit before the lock down anf it took me almost 2weeks before I recovered. 2 weeks of torment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Eriokanmi: 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
kadiri3:
even the ones that put the face mask well still get the scam virus
I concur with you on this. That's why washing of hands in-between contacts is important. Use hand sanitisers too because the virus can actually live more than 24 hours on any substance. You can imagine someone who just shook hands with a covid-19 patient using same hand to touch his or her eyes or scratch his/her nose. In this case , face mask is just a decoration
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Eriokanmi: 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
kadiri3:
na ncdc agent
No sir. I can't be. May God punish me if I was paid by anyone to post this...what more should I say...
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Eriokanmi: 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
same OP commenting with another moniker.
Anyway the money from ncdc and fg for this your propaganda is enough to save your stomach from the ravaging hunger of this Buhari regime.
Keep up the good work but I can suggest more forums where you can keep spreading the goodnews
May God punish me if i own the so called moniker...or if I belong to ncdc or whatever organisation. I was reluctant to share this in the first place because, in spite of the gory proof with screen shots posted, those who would doubt would still doubt until they hit their early grave. Those who would take necessary precautions too would do the same and would be safe. To live isn't for everyone, likewise to die...the choice is yours.

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Eriokanmi: 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
ncdc are recruiting agents to go all over social medias and spread lies of people dying in Kogi.
Op is one of them.
May God that I serve judge and punish me, if I was sent or sponsored by NCDC, federal govt or any agent to post this. My joy is , my family and I survived it. Nobody paid me to do this.
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by bluefilm: 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
BlackMamba69:
Nobody is disputing the existence of this virus but does it warrant the shutting down of the ENTIRE WORLD??

Viruses have always been from the beginning of time and will continue to exist. There are more deadly plagues that have come and gone and yet people lived on.

The virus is real yes, but it is being used to serve a bigger and more sinister agenda.

Don't mind all these idiots here shouting COVID is real as it to say whether COVID is real or not is the real debate.

The real debate is the agenda behind the COVID SCAMdemic.

How can you lockdown the ENTIRE world over a SCAMdemic that has a 99.9% survival rate?

It is not worth it in any way at all.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by vickertony(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
@OP, I suffered similar symptoms, Same scenario like yours, took vitamin c and zinc.
Did the hot water stuff, before I started getting better.
A month later, I suffered vertigo embarassed, and I was told in the hospital, I had suffered from a virus infection which caused the vertigo attack.
I suspect covid-19 as the illness I suffered that never wanted to go away.
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by xtervaganza(m): 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ok

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Doncyn(f): 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
Today is my 9th day on covid days,body pain,cough nd catarrh for d first to third day, 4 day I lost sense of smell nd taste.but today catarrh has stop, little cough,regain my taste but smell I can't smell anything for nah. I pray to b better in days...covid is real not a scam.masked up

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by mildflame: 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Unknown31:
Thanks for sharing your experience. From your experience, there are available treatments for this overhyped disease, that someone can do without visiting isolation centres. So what is the whole point of shutting down the country?
If covid19 is not a SCAMdemic, we should be seeing pictures of dead bodies all over Kogi state.

They say this 2nd wave is more deadly and infectious, yet I am yet to see any sign

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by mildflame: 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Doncyn:
Today is my 9th day on covid days,body pain,cough nd catarrh for d first to third day, 4 day I lost sense of smell nd taste.but today catarrh has stop, little cough,regain my taste but smell I can't smell anything for nah. I pray to b better in days...covid is real not a scam.masked up

Say the truth and shame the devil....who sent you

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Kubernetes: 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
To those who don't believe covid-19 is real. You need to have a rethink for the sake of your loved ones. I felt I should share my experience maybe someone, somewhere would learn and not treat the pandemic with kid gloves.

It all happened on the 26th March, 2020 after my return trip from the South East. Before I embarked on that trip, there had been news about the imminent lockdown all over town as cases increased but I wasn't deterred because of how important the meeting in the S/E was. I searched for a flight to asaba with no luck so I decided that I was going to travel via one of the public transport buses plying that route from Lagos. I booked two of the back seats so I could put my travel bag on one of the seats to avoid my laptop having issues.
While I was seated at the back, there was this couple seated in front of me. While the husband wore a face mask, the wife didn't. They looked like those just arriving from a long haul. Their bags occupied the remaining 2 seats at the back right beside mine. The tags seen on those bags showed they were coming from China. Then I didn't really believe covid-19 was around. I almost mocked the guy who wore a face mask because it looked strange to me. They alighted in Onitsha.

In short after my meeting, I went straight to my hotel ordered my meal and slept off. The following day, i left for the meeting venue to carry out another presentation, after which we called it a day. In short, I Ieft for lagos on the 3rd day early momo via the transport company I came with. My client had arranged for a drop off the previous night so the driver took me to Asaba to board the return bus back home. As soon as I boarded the bus, I was feeling uneasy. By the time we got to Benin I was hit by this terrible headache. My eyes were dripping water. I had to plead with the driver to reduce the AC which other passengers weren't comfortable with. On getting to lagos the taxi driver who took me back home could notice I wasn't feeling well. At this point I could hardly breathe deeply. My left lung first seized. I was breathing through my mouth . I turned off the AC completely as I wasn't feeling comfortable anymore with the AC on. The following day, I managed to go to the clinic in the neighbourhood where my temperature was checked. It was abnormally high, my BP too rose abnormally. My BP used to be 115/75 and its been like this for years which was quite ok for my age. This time it rose abnormally. The Dr. gave me injection with some drugs. He asked me to come for 2nd injection the following day, that I could be having flu. I lost my sense of smell. My heart was vibrating, I couldn't return to the hospital the following day because I had no strength to drive. I told wifey not to bother driving me cos I might collapse while in the vehicle the way I was feeling.

We had a little knowledge of covid-19 remedies so my wife went to get ginger, grated it and put inside water. I kept drinking with Vitamin C , as a precaution. On the 3rd day, I became so weak. On sighting the NCDC numbers on channels tv, I quickly picked one of them and called...my voice was apparently faint. I called several times, no response. I now sent one annoying message to one of the numbers....please see the screenshots below for details. I now received a funny and disappointing response. Before then, I had not travelled overseas. My last trip was in June 2019 to Florida. But then, I was on same bus with a couple who returned from China with their luggage stacked beside me.

My wife really tried . She would boil hot water, cover me with the water inside a bowl with tick clothes and ask me to stay inside for minutes. I was feeling weak inside of me and this time, my right lung was weak. My only sickness is malaria I hardly fall sick but this one was something else. From the 4th day, I was getting better and better, we went for vitamin C by thousand and Zinc. As i was recovering, my eldest child picked it. She kept telling me she had lost her sense of smell, as if something rotten was coming down her nostrils, that the smell was unpalatable. She took ill. Within 3 days she had recovered , then my son picked it. He would say dad, I'm weak, I'm not OK this time I guessed it was covid-19, given all the reported symptoms by NCDC but I wasn't so sure. Then my last born picked it, same symptoms then the lockdown was in full force.

Final my wife. I had to drive her to one of the isolation centres. They felt reluctant in testing her. The crowd was much. After I recounted my ordeal, she was reluctantly attended to. She tested positive for the virus. She would be vibrating at night. 2 weeks later she was pronounced fit and tested negative. I heard a near death experience. I was begging God to please give me the 2nd chance to live. I looked at my kids and said God please, not now.

Covid-19 is real my people. Please stay safe.

Thank God you and your family made it.
To other people, once you have cold and fever. Then followed by loss of smell and taste, there is every likelihood that u have covid
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Isokoson1: 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
scally11:
My friends covid is fucking real. Please no joke with am. Last two weeks I had a terrible fever. I was surprised because I sleep in mosquito treated net and I wasn't stressed. Infact the fever was so severe that I never had that kind of fever. I was praying that I survived it. Cough came in third day, weakness came in third day too. Then diarrhea and sweating joined. One thing I was always doing was clearing my airways. I took freegell although even when I was sleeping I have one in my mouth. The symptoms began to wear off after 8days and after 13days I felt better. One thing I noticed apart from the intense fever is that covid 19 always attack the lungs and when it gets your lungs and begins to block it then it becomes fatal. All in all I have God and my immune system to thank for it. Nigeria should beware covid is real. I don't even know how I contracted it

Will you keep shut,

So u no know say Nah malaria catch you

I dey use mosquito net two four seven I still get malaria

If you don't have anything to say keep quiet

I wonder why some people go come here dey spread wetin no happen

Abeg carry your wahala go

Nothing like corona for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by mildflame: 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
bluefilm:

Don't mind all these idiots here shouting COVID is real as it to say whether COVID is real or not is the real debate.

The real debate is the agenda behind the COVID SCAMdemic.

How can you lockdown the ENTIRE world over a SCAMdemic that has a 99.9% survival rate?

It is not worth it in any way at all.

As long as you don't go for test you will be fine till Christ comes, ask kogites

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Jarus(m): 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
theFilmtric:

Covid is real but the government is exaggerating its effects
The virus doesn't thrive well in Tropical Africa(some parts of South Africa is cold(Mediterranean)

,and those cold areas have the highest infection and death rates)
The heat reduces the efficacy in transmitting the virus in Africa
If the Virus in Africa is as potent as it is in Europe or the Americas
I can assure you about 70% of the African populace would be DEAD a little before the UN-WHO COVID aid was given to Nigeria,the numbers the NCDC were publishing were very scary.But after the rates started miraculously dwindling
The government of Nigeria is using it to make money

theFilmtricsay

Nawao

Why are you guys like this?

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Isokoson1: 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2021
Doncyn:

Madam go check wetin dey do you... No be covid catch you

So when I dey cough get catar body weak this week Nah covid hold me abi?

Make lie no kill you

I wonder wetin some people just dey gain to say rubbish

All those symptoms I Don get am, I buy malaria drugs because I know say Nah malaria

Why I no say covid hold me...

Mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Jarus(m): 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
paulolee:
covid is real?? but I think its more like a scam in naija..

Nawao. On this first page alone, there have been like 4 testimonies, yet you believe it is scam. Why are you people like this?!

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by konami001: 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2021
Since this invention of covic 1.9 (lol), malaria just vanish into thin air.... Covid has swallowed malaria o.... lala come and see something ooo

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Jarus(m): 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2021
bareal:
I keep saying it, the virus has over 90% recovery rate and this post has further confirmed it.

You did not need this post to know it has over 90% recovery rate.

You only needed to check the stats all over the world
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Jarus(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
konami001:
Since this invention of covic 1.9 (lol), malaria just vanish into thin air.... Covid has swallowed malaria o.... lala come and see something ooo

Nah

I have treated malaria thrice in the last one year.

I have also done covid test twice and came out negative.

So yes, people still have malaria. But people dont announce malaria because it is regular
Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Isokoson1: 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
Person go just get malaria, come out dey spill nonsense, which covid 19? Nairaland Don turn dumping ground for fake news..

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by Jarus(m): 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2021
Isokoson1:
Person go just get malaria, come out dey spill nonsense, which covid 19? Nairaland Don turn dumping ground for fake news..

Nawa for you

Someone wrote about his personal experience and you that dont know him called it malaria for him

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Near Death Experience by bluefilm: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
mildflame:
As long as you don't go for test you will be fine till Christ comes, ask kogites

I dey tell you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One COVID-19 Patient Escapes From Taraba Isolation Centre / The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. / 20 Benefits Of Walking 30 Minutes Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.