Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (79510 Views)

Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (part 2) / I Will Divorce My Husband If He Asks For DNA Test After Giving Birth - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Hassanmaye(m): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
CalliDora1:

@Bolded was exactly my response when he created the first thread about this and said the wife threatened to leave him if he goes ahead with the test.

I can never marry a man I don't trust. Never! If you like, claim to be a GO. The moment I have my doubts about you, thats it.

I feel for the op though.

Let's love each my dear can you be my wife abeg
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by coldcandy: 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
lovchalice:
I'm in Lagos. Im no longer single, set to wed by April
You are still single until you wed in april cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by IhateInjustice(f): 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
wait make i deliver my cocoa finish, i wil burst ur brain just now grin

I'm waiting tongue cool
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Sammyimpostor: 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Following this thread.

If anybody sees me and my two kids at DNA center I swear they will flog me out of there, my kids are replica of me in all aspect.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by IhateInjustice(f): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
abbey621:

Ok this is getting boring so I'm going to throw the kitechen sink at you to remove all doubts, here we go:

The first man recorded in scripture that had more than one wife was Lamech. His wives were called Adah and Zillah (Genesis 4:19). Jacob also had two wives: Rachel and Leah (Gen. 29:30). Esau had three wives: Mahalath (Gen. 28:9), Basemath (Genesis 36:13), and Oholibamah (Genesis 36:14). The most famous Biblical men to have multiple wives were King Saul (2 Samuel 12:7-cool, King David (2 Samuel 5:13) and King Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3). King Solomon had 1,000 wives and concubines.

Even if you managed to escape Abraham and Noah, surely you can't deny King David & Solomon? As a bonus, let me throw in Jacob, yes Jacob that nigga Jacob....you remember? grin grin grin

You claimed they(Abraham and Noah) had more than one wife and I proved you wrong.

Some things were allowed in the old testament like stoning people, polygamy etc but Christ came in the new testament to correct it.

Do you know of anyone in the new testament that had more than one wife?

Christianity started after Christ died so people should stop claiming that Christianity supports polygamy because it doesn't.

Go on if you want to practice it and ensure you let your wife know before tying the knot but don't hide under "it is Biblical".

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by DarkJeddi(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
AuroraBrls:

so if any of the results comes out negative u will chase the child away to go and look for the father... punishing and innocent child for the errors of a parent...the human heart is capable of great wickedness...a child that has been calling you daddy for years...reminds me of how OKONKWO of umuofia mowed down Ikemefuna, just to appear brave...l have seen cases of African parents who adopted a baby later told the grown up kid to go and look for his parents as they have now gotten their own biological kids...much why l like lslams position on matters like this. the child is urs and shall remain so whether ur wife cheated or not... no child deserves such trauma.. find a way to settle score with ur wife if need be. but as an African man if you born outside and bring him home nothing will happen
So he shouldn't be concerned on whether the kids are his own or not?

The only one displaying wickedness is their mother,a man has the right to know the true paternity of the children he is raising..

You are talking about a man bringing children he born outside as if they are comparable to a woman bringing another man's child into the family..

No woman can mistake her husband's children from another woman as her own..

She knows whose children they are and is at liberty to reject or accept them and many makes their rejection known in no uncertain terms..

He has the right to know and just like the woman,he reserves the right to act according to his conscience..

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by DarkJeddi(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ashley86400:

Are you sure you sef don't need DNA test?
How are you sure you're your father's son? undecided
That is his father's problem and not his..

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by DarkJeddi(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
Juliearth:

Don't make this a sexist ish. Op is not a saint and he knows it.
It's one thing to be sleeping around and another thing to be getting pregnant,for another man when the husband is not impotent..

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by donephi(m): 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
Joanney:
You married someone you don't trust?I pray you suffer heart break.
If the only book said trust no one. Just be open minded
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by abbey621(m): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
IhateInjustice:

You claimed they(Abraham and Noah) had more than one wife and I proved you wrong.

Some things were allowed in the old testament like stoning people, polygamy etc but Christ came in the new testament to correct it.

Do you know of anyone in the new testament that had more than one wife?

Christianity started after Christ died so people should stop claiming that Christianity supports polygamy because it doesn't.

Go on if you want to practice it and ensure you let your wife know before tying the knot but don't hide under "it is Biblical".

HA HA! Now that we've gone full circle, let me remind you of your initial quote especially the bold word:

He married 2 sisters because he was manipulated to do so by the father in law.

He didn't plan to, he loved the second daughter but the father in law deceived him by giving him the first.

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Eves

The problem with nowadays Christians is that most seem to discard the old testament when it does not suit their purpose(Polygamy, violence etc) and embrace it when it does(Tithes, theory of creation, etc). Did you know that Christianity exited long before Christ came to Earth? If we are to believe the whole trinity, then surely you must know that Christ existed long before Abraham. Furthermore to burst your bubble, are you saying Christianity has nothing to do with old testament? So you're saying Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Solomon, David, Jacob are irrelevant to the christian faith? Goodluck facing your pastor on Sunday when he is using Malachi 3:9-10 to preach about tithe, hope you can be bold enough to call him out, after all old testament has nothing to do with Christianity grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by abbey621(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Guy pls sheybi u dey drink happy hour??

I want to give u four for a job well done grin grin

Don't let my religious opponent see this o, he fit claim Alcohol is anti-christian grin grin grin
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Juliearth(f): 5:20am On Feb 09, 2021
Uglygurl:
combed through the comments for the update and saw none..phew,it wasn't easy.
Anyways,I am still waiting for the update

Do you think op would update if the results turn out to be positive? This is just a smear campaign against the wife.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Greatihex(m): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
abbey621:

HA HA! Now that we've gone full circle, let me remind you of your initial quote especially the bold word:

The problem with nowadays Christians is that most seem to discard the old testament when it does not suit their purpose(Polygamy, violence etc) and embrace it when it does(Tithes, theory of creation, etc). Did you know that Christianity exited long before Christ came to Earth? If we are to believe the whole trinity, then surely you must know that Christ existed long before Abraham. Furthermore to burst your bubble, are you saying Christianity has nothing to do with old testament? So you're saying Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Solomon, David, Jacob are irrelevant to the christian faith? Goodluck facing your pastor on Sunday when he is using Malachi 3:9-10 to preach about tithe, hope you can be bold enough to call him out, after all old testament has nothing to do with Christianity grin grin grin grin

“What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. Luke 11:42.

Your argument is invalid, not when there are teachings of Christ that invalidate the one of old testament.

Maybe we should still continue to stone prostitutes to death nah, according to your theory.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by adanny01(m): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
Because you already had doubts that prompted you to run a DNA test, even if the result comes out positive, your mind will still not be at rest. It's like someone who is already experiencing body pains and feverish feelings going for a malaria test and being told nothing is wrong with him.

That being said, I want you to know there's a gap in your matrimony already and DNA wahala won't make it disappear. In fact, if the result comes out negative, I suspect you'd react far worse than you may have thought you would.

My advice: Use the time before this test comes out to work on your marriage.

The optimistic side of me wishes it comes out positive, however, the realist in me patiently awaits the opposite.

Have you heard of cheaters remorse? Not guilt.

It makes one to truly regret and correct his ways and repair the broken relationship.

Doubt is a terrible thing. It's possible that op will feel remorseful for suspecting his wife and would do anything and everything to make her forgive him and also be a better husband.

If op confirms his children are his, what do you think it will be, more trust on his wife and the better for her.

Look at this DNA test as a good thing for both husband and wife.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by abbey621(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2021
Greatihex:

“What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. Luke 11:42.

Your argument is invalid, not when there are teachings of Christ that invalidate the one of old testament.

Maybe we should still continue to stone prostitutes to death nah, according to your theory.

I failed to see how what you wrote correlates with what we are discussing here, you are confusing customs and traditions with the word and ways of God, nowhere in the bible did God instruct anyone to stone prostitutes to death rather what you are trying reference is the laws of Moses, which was the same laws used by the Egyptians, perhaps you are referring to the punishment for worshipping false gods? Furthermore, Christ himself said this, Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”). Christ did not invalidate anything in the old testament, the 10 commandments still stayed relevant, till today Pastors are still using old testament for tithes, sodom & gomorrah to preach against homosexuality etc. Don't try to deviate the discourse with sentiments PLEASE!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by adanny01(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2021
AuroraBrls:

so if any of the results comes out negative u will chase the child away to go and look for the father... punishing and innocent child for the errors of a parent...the human heart is capable of great wickedness...a child that has been calling you daddy for years...reminds me of how OKONKWO of umuofia mowed down Ikemefuna, just to appear brave...l have seen cases of African parents who adopted a baby later told the grown up kid to go and look for his parents as they have now gotten their own biological kids...much why l like lslams position on matters like this. the child is urs and shall remain so whether ur wife cheated or not... no child deserves such trauma.. find a way to settle score with ur wife if need be. but as an African man if you born outside and bring him home nothing will happen

I am disgusted by your comment.

Imagine if you give birth to a child in the hospital and the nurse swaps your baby and then 20years later you learned of what happened.

Will you say oh it's ok since I have another woman's child already? I love the one I took home and don't care about my biological child?

A man loves, provides and labour for his family, if the children in that family are not his that man is living a lie no matter how much love he has for the children.

Did op adopt his children?

If you as a mother really care for your children you should not lie to them who fathered them.

Any decision op takes, I wouldn't blame him but for you to call him wicked, in fact you are the one who is wicked because you see no wrong.

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by yenereal(m): 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2021
I arrived late. I know you have seen my message. When the result comes out proving you are the father, don't tell your wife you did it. She will definitely want to end the marriage. But if it comes out the other way (which we aren't praying for), you can confront her.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by igbowoman: 1:38am On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:

In the event one or none of them is mine. I will kick her out and adopt them legally as my children. They have the right to know if I am their father or not. If I don't do this, the biological father may show up later in the future cos anything is possible.

I hope none of them are yours
What a little man

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by addexx: 9:21am On Feb 10, 2021
Lucyspa:
Only if my oga knows how many times i've cheated on him.

U for real?
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by addexx: 9:24am On Feb 10, 2021
When will the results be out.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Lucyspa: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
addexx:

U for real?

Normal thing. Just hide it well.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Greatihex(m): 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
abbey621:

I failed to see how what you wrote correlates with what we are discussing here, you are confusing customs and traditions with the word and ways of God, nowhere in the bible did God instruct anyone to stone prostitutes to death rather what you are trying reference is the laws of Moses, which was the same laws used by the Egyptians, perhaps you are referring to the punishment for worshipping false gods? Furthermore, Christ himself said this, Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”). Christ did not invalidate anything in the old testament, the 10 commandments still stayed relevant, till today Pastors are still using old testament for tithes, sodom & gomorrah to preach against homosexuality etc. Don't try to deviate the discourse with sentiments PLEASE!
I can see how you dodged the one of tithe.

Christ did not change anything yet he told them not to practice eye for an eye that was once given to them as law? He told them to love even their enemies and not just people that loves them. He told them not to divorce and give divorce certificate, but don't divorce at all except for sexual unfaithfulness and don't remarry after divorce. Yet you say he didn't change anything?

Well, I have made you see what I wanted you to see.

And please, stop deceiving people with your twisted interpretation of the word of God.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by dontjuststop: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
addexx:
When will the results be out.

Update:
I had to stay away from this post for some time due to some health issues I suffered due to excessive thinking and depression which got me hospitalised.

The result will be out by Friday as advised by the DNA clinic. Either way, I'll come back and post the results here. Thanks!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Imustreturn(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
What's the update? Nothing yet ?
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by addexx: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:

Update:
I had to stay away from this post for some time due to some health issues I suffered due to excessive thinking and depression which got me hospitalised.

The result will be out by Friday as advised by the DNA clinic. Either way, I'll come back and post the results here. Thanks!

Okay great. Hoping for the best. Either way my guy, after the results, go to a good bar or restaurant and enjoy yourself premiumly . We move. Nothing in this world is worth dying for.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by spora(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:

Update:

It is well.

I can imagine what you are going through. I don't think I can subject myself to going through the stress. The thought of it alone is enough to cause sickness. However, I understand your situation and you have a right as a man, husband and father to know what is going on in your family.

No one prays for it, but I suggest you repeat the test elsewhere in case it did not turn out as expected. These are human lives we are talking about here and it should be handled with care. I don't want to consider the financial reason here because justice and fairness demand you know the truth. So, once you start, you must complete it and finance should be secondary.

Also wisdom should be applied in managing and communicating the results.
- If they are yours (which I am praying they are), I don't expect you to discuss it with your wife because she may not be able to forgive you and trust you again. You may also have to forgive her of all her weaknesses and "sins" and determine to have a happy marriage going forward.

- If they are not yours, you may have to find a way to communicate it with her also. I don't expect you to involve family members to see and know about the results now because of the future of the children.

Honestly, I am just trying to offer a suggestion but I can not come to terms with any at this moment. This is a very serious issue and should be treated as such.

Good luck.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by abbey621(m): 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2021
Greatihex:
I can see how you dodged the one of tithe.

Christ did not change anything yet he told them not to practice eye for an eye that was once given to them as law? He told them to love even their enemies and not just people that loves them. He told them not to divorce and give divorce certificate, but don't divorce at all except for sexual unfaithfulness and don't remarry after divorce. Yet you say he didn't change anything?

Well, I have made you see what I wanted you to see.

And please, stop deceiving people with your twisted interpretation of the word of God.

I'm trying to believe you are educated and not just winging statements from your ass, so tell me of all the things you listed which word of God was changed by Christ? Like I said before you're confusing the laws of Moses/traditional law with the word of God. Please know the difference!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Prugee: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
Are you married, Happy, smart, intelligent, looking for other married people to talk and share ideas with on a WhatsApp group? This group gives you the freedom to unwind from every stress that comes with Marriage.

Please if you are not married, don't bother getting in touch with us because you won't be added to the group. Kindly chat us on WhatsApp on 08129087783.
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Purplebubble: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:

Update:

I don't know y my heart beats, I honestly wish the kids are yours so you can be happy at last

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by GboyegaD(m): 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:

In the event one or none of them is mine. I will kick her out and adopt them legally as my children. They have the right to know if I am their father or not. If I don't do this, the biological father may show up later in the future cos anything is possible.

You will kick her out and adopt her kids? She needs consent to you adopting them as such, my advice is that you calm down and wait for the results. You could think of your likely actions but you don't have to discuss that with anyone.

Why did you conduct the test without her knowledge? You have created a crack in the wall of your trust and I for one, while not against paternity testing, I am against doing it secretly.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by omojesu202(m): 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have been having some doubts about my children which I stated in my earlier post but I couldn't summon the courage to do it.

My wife kept giving me reasons to suspect her so I had to man up and take the test secretly. I took the test and samples were submitted few days ago but the doctor said it will take 7 to 10 working days for the results to come back.

Ever since I took the test, I haven't been myself. Am so restless and anxiety is killing me while I keep praying the results comes out favourable as I know it could mark the end of my marriage if there is a bastard among the children.

Men in the house: Can you share your experiences conducting DNA on your children and what was the out come. My hear beat is so loud right no. This is the moment of truth. So help me God.

Update:
While I was at the DNA clinic waiting for my samples to be taken. I saw a couple who came for a different type of DNA test. The lady is two months pregnant while the guy wants to know if the pregnancy is his before assuming responsibility of the baby.

He was charged a million naira for the test and was told to come back for results in two weeks time. I wish I knew this was possible as it would save me from what am currently passing through. Aside the cost implication, I will advise every man to take their pregnant partner for test before assuming responsibility for any pregnancy. I just learnt something new!

Note:
I will update this thread once the result comes in the next few days. I hope I'll be a happy man afterwards.

the result no dey come out? abi you don commit murder?
Re: I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test by Sijo01(f): 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
dontjuststop:

Update:

shocked Result not out and you're already receiving drips....... You just have to be strong and hope for the best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Mother Is Seeing Other Men / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.