Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,338 members, 7,860,841 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (970854 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2015
Good morning house, pls, what is d exact amount of grower feed that a laying bird, 20 weeks old, should be eating for best performance.
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aAK1(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2015
Hello guys.pls I've been asking questions here for over a week and it just looks like I've been ignored. I'm filling a form for a grant and Saturday is the deadline. Please I need help. I'm working with a proposal of 1000 layers and 500 broilers. For the layer, I plan on using cages and floor for broilers on a 100/100 space of land. My major issue has been with the building. I need to know if I need a separate brooding area for both birds and what would be the size of the brooding area. I want to also known the price of battery cages and what will be the dimension of the laying house. It's also my first time dealing with layer soo I'm a little bit inexperienced in that area. Been basically into broilers for a very long time. I will need advice on feeding, vaccination schedule and cost implication when will dey start to lay, the amount of feeders and drinkers needed ,etc please your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2015
doctormalik:
Give your birds feed grade vitamin C. Inclusion rate in this hot weather is abt 300 to 400g per ton of feed. It will give you a good result.
pls can u kindly explain dis in a simpler wat? whats "feed grade vitamin C" ow do we get it. I dnt understand it pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2015
aAK1. You seem to have a few questions here. I'll advice you quickly go through this thread from the beginning. Most, if not all your questions, have been answered previously. Doing this will not only ensure you have answers to the questions you have asked here, but you'll also receive answers to those you have not thought of asking. Success.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 11:34am On Mar 09, 2015
judithume. How many are the birds in total? What is the quantity of feeds you are giving to them? Since when have they been laying? Since when did you notice a drop in their production?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aAK1(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2015
Eggcelent:
aAK1. You seem to have a few questions here. I'll advice you quickly go through this thread from the beginning. Most, if not all your questions, have been answered previously. Doing this will not only ensure you have answers to the questions you have asked here, but you'll also receive answers to those you have not thought of asking. Success.
thanks I'm on it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2015
fishleg123. I'll suggest 120g/bird. You may mix the feeds with some calcium to meet up the requirements pending the time you switch to layers. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2015
aAK1. Good
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
justified19:
pls can u kindly explain dis in a simpler wat? whats "feed grade vitamin C" ow do we get it. I dnt understand it pls
Feed grade means it will be incorporated into the feed at your feedmill. I also wrote the inclusion rate up there.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bishiie(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yes Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What of salary? grin
tabontabon:
Ok,you are hereby hired,report to nairaland agridesk and start making contributions.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tucurj(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pls House,how Many Kg Of Maize Will I Had To One Bag (25kg) Of Top Feed 40% Layer Concentrate.What Was Written On The Bag Is That I Only Need To Had 60 Maize But I Dont Understand The 60,pls Help Me Out.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
tucurj:
Pls House,how Many Kg Of Maize Will I Had To One Bag (25kg) Of Top Feed 40% Layer Concentrate.What Was Written On The Bag Is That I Only Need To Had 60 Maize But I Dont Understand The 60,pls Help Me Out.

60% of 25kg is 15 so ur maize should be 15kg
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
@Aak1 this is my contact sogieizeks@gmail.com

@mercylicious.... It was'nt too good....but u can email me or send me ur contact.... For more explanation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tucurj(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
kelvin96:

Thanks Kelvin,i Was Thinking That It Means 60kg,thanks Once Again For Helping Me Out,God Bless You

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
kelvin96:

I looked at ur question again and think 40% means that in every 100kg of feed u r formulating, 40% of DAT feed should be d concentrate while 60% should be maize.
Then if u r formulating 50kg feed then ur concentrate should be 20kg while d maize should be 30kg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Farmers in the house. Can anyone give a scientific explanation to the following:

Fig1: The Egg weighing 98grams.
Fig2: The cracked Egg carrying another shelled egg inside.
Fig3: The inner Egg after crack has a normal yolk and egg white.

Flock age: 24week old.

The average egg size of my flock is 55grams. Though on the average daily I get 1 or 2 extra large size egg, but they usually carry 2 yolks (not shelled egg like this one)

Any scientific explanation for this?

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tucurj(m): 11:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
I Got That,am Using 25kg Of Concentrate,that Means I Will Add 37.5kg Maize,i Think Am Right,thanks Kelvin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
tucurj:
I Got That,am Using 25kg Of Concentrate,that Means I Will Add 37.5kg Maize,i Think Am Right,thanks Kelvin
very right, dats exactly wat I use...bt my vet said the birds av too much fat as a result of d feed, dont knw if pple add other things to dia concentrate apart from maize.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
kengeorge:

How many weeks old is brood and sell?

Four weeks. And most folks here wanna buy the 4 weeks old Cockrels at N100.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 2:51am On Mar 10, 2015
tucurj:

U are welcome...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 2:53am On Mar 10, 2015
justified19:
very right, dats exactly wat I use...bt my vet said the birds av too much fat as a result of d feed, dont knw if pple add other things to dia concentrate apart from maize.

You can add chlorine chloride to it......it will help dem reduce the fat.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tucurj(m): 6:45am On Mar 10, 2015
Pls O,what Is Clorine Cloride?Do We Had It To There Feed Or Water And At What Quantity?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2015
The birds are 200 I give them one bag of feed.they have laying for the past ten months.they look very healthy n they feed well.I ve dewormed n even giving lasota infact I'm think of selling them off.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2015
How do I reduce ammonia smell in my farm.I clean it twice a week n I still perceive the smell
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2015
http://en.engormix.com/MA-poultry-industry/articles/choline-chloride-indispensable-performance-t185/p0.htm

tucurj:
Pls O,what Is Clorine Cloride?Do We Had It To There Feed Or Water And At What Quantity?

Mix 1kg to 1tonne of feed.

Pls read more about chlorine chloride from the above link
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Judithume:
The birds are 200 I give them one bag of feed.they have laying for the past ten months.they look very healthy n they feed well.I ve dewormed n even giving lasota infact I'm think of selling them off.

Have u checked if dey have lice? Wat dewormer did u use? And when last did u Give dem antibiotics?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin961: 8:44am On Mar 10, 2015
Judithume:
How do I reduce ammonia smell in my farm.I clean it twice a week n I still perceive the smell

Did u replace their litters with wood shaving ?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Judithume(f): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2015
They don't have lice.I gave them antibiotic 2 wks ago.I used wormazine for deworming them. Yes I use wood shavings.I changed it 2 days ago n its smelling now.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 10, 2015
Judithume:
They don't have lice.I gave them antibiotic 2 wks ago.I used wormazine for deworming them. Yes I use wood shavings.I changed it 2 days ago n its smelling now.

Do u mill ur own feeds?

If yes, add oregostem (powder) to the feeds, and that smell will disappear

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.