Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966618 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by rubris4u: 3:19am On Mar 20, 2015
If you have fairly used plastic egg crates for sale,kindly indicate. I need about 100pcs or more
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 3:33am On Mar 20, 2015
rubris4u:
If you have fairly used plastic egg crates for sale,kindly indicate. I need about 100pcs or more

Bros na less than 10k dem dey sell am.why you go wan transfer disease from one farm into your farm because of 10k.
Don't joke with biosecurity in your farm ooo.it can save your ass.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by rubris4u: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2015
I go wash & disinfect now.i priced new one yesterday,was told #110/one. So better to
obnelly:

Bros na less than 10k dem dey sell am.why you go wan transfer disease from one farm into your farm because of 10k.
Don't joke with biosecurity in your farm ooo.it can save your ass.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Trueigbo:
hello house
which of the following livestock feed is the best. please give reasons too

Amo feed
Feed Masters Ltd
Grand Cereals and Oil Ltd
Tuns International Ltd
Top Feeds Ltd
hybrid feed
Feedtech Limited
Supreme feed
Master Feeds Ltd
Rainbow Feeds Ltd
Livestock Feeds Plc

Pls I need contributions
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
rubris4u:
I go wash & disinfect now.i priced new one yesterday,was told #110/one. So better to
Use a strong disinfectant. Soak it for some hours.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=Trueigbo post=31815693]

Pls I need contributions[/quote
about 3 people had informed you of Top feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Farmers in the house, can a layers who has its cloaca damaged through pecking from other birds in the cage recover and resume active laying.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
See my birds at 10weeks

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
kelvin961:

Can you give us d hittctstory of this birds..... The drugs and vaccinesc given till date.... This has nothing to do twith the feed.
stress vit, gumboro, lasota, viramix,t embazim forte. at 6wks 5 days, they are not grown for sale.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Globaby01:

stress vit, gumboro, lasota, viramix,t embazim forte. at 6wks 5 days, they are not grown for sale.

please at wat age were these vaccines given and wen last did u gave dem embazin forte?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Glamrock(f): 4:28am On Mar 22, 2015
Following..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
@Trueigbo, your birds are doing fine at this age. Your floor spacing and feeder\drinker arrangement is good. Your birds look healthy,too.
However, please hang the feeders and place the drinkers to reach the crop level of the birds.
@samuel25, ur bird shall recover, put it on the floor, try and gently insert the organs(if any outside the vent) back, spray with oxytet aerosol and allow the bird rest with feed and vitamins 2ru water. All the best.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
I greeting. u all farmers in d house. my 200 black birds, layers are now 22 weeks old. as at last Wednesday and Thursday, they layed 40 and 42 eggs respectively. but on Friday and Saturday , they layed 36 and 37 eggs respectively. this is strange because they had always been increasing their eggs.
please house, what could be the cause of this.
thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
twoMcfemad:
@Trueigbo, your birds are doing fine at this age. Your floor spacing and feeder\drinker arrangement is good. Your birds look healthy,too.
However, please hang the feeders and place the drinkers to reach the crop level of the birds.
@samuel25, ur bird shall recover, put it on the floor, try and gently insert the organs(if any outside the vent) back, spray with oxytet aerosol and allow the bird rest with feed and vitamins 2ru water. All the best.
Thanks bro. I will do as u said
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
fishleg123. Apart from the drop in number of eggs laid, what other abnormalities, if any, have you noticed? Meanwhile, how many were laid today?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
Eggcelent:
fishleg123. Apart from the drop in number of eggs laid, what other abnormalities, if any, have you noticed? Meanwhile, how many were laid today?
they laid 44 eggs today. I was curious because of the drop in number of eggs in the previous 2 days. what can one do to increase d number of egg production.
thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sleekman(m): 5:19am On Mar 23, 2015
fishleg123:

they laid 44 eggs today. I was curious because of the drop in number of eggs in the previous 2 days. what can one do to increase d number of egg production.
thanks.
Cold/Hot Weather, Wind Speed, Humidity, Abrupt Change In Food Type, Change In Feeding Schedule, Medication, Infection Etc
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 9:23am On Mar 24, 2015
davidzfarm18:

Pls get iodine and add to the water at 1ml /ltr. Add it to conflox or Doxygen for 3 days. skip a day then give them the vaccine.
some of my chicks excreter r wet n brownish. Pls wat do i do abt this? Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
bigiyaro:
Wet brownish poo shd be diarhea. treat it accordingly .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Mazeepac(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hello all
Can anyone assist with contact info of Dusa or Corn bran supplier in large quantity ,with the increase in wheat offal price
i have started considering other options for my farm use and toll milling.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
davidzfarm18:

Wet brownish poo shd be diarhea. treat it accordingly .
any suggestns pls? D chicks r due for vaccn by thursday.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:23am On Mar 25, 2015
bigiyaro:
It may be normal. Are they sick?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Has anyone heard of OXY FURAVIT?
How POTENT is the drug vis a vis the description on the pack?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
Abuja and environ: my birds are 27weeks and the production % achieved has been fluctuating between 72-78% in the past 2weeks... Is this normal/ok?

@ jamp huru davidsfarm and other in this region pls i need your input. How old are your birds and what % are you getting.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Abuja and environ: my birds are 27weeks and the production % achieved has been fluctuating between 72-78% in the past 2weeks... Is this normal/ok?

@ jamp huru davidsfarm and other in this region pls i need your input. How old are your birds and what % are you getting.

bros ur birds are doing well considering the harsh weather in abuja. Add vitamime C to their water. Very soon they wil improve as the raining season is around d corner.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
I greet all farmers in d house. pls come to my help. my birds are eating their eggs. they don't want to see eggs again as if eggs don turn into cockroaches. they are on d floor. about 200 of them, and started laying on 1st of March.
thank
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:06am On Mar 26, 2015
AkayTopsy:

Try giving them extra light from 6pm to 10pm, but increase it gradually. You must be consistent once u start else it will affect them badly. If there is no nepa u can use rechargeable lantern connected to car battery.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:08am On Mar 26, 2015
fishleg123:
I greet all farmers in d house. pls come to my help. my birds are eating their eggs. they don't want to see eggs again as if eggs don turn into cockroaches. they are on d floor. about 200 of them, and started laying on 1st of March.
thank
Which kind nest box do u use? Also collect the eggs more frequently.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2015
FarmTech:

Which kind nest box do u use? Also collect the eggs more frequently.
good morning house. I use a long plank nail to the wall. the birds go inside and lay.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 8:27am On Mar 26, 2015
this is d nest box

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.