Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,781 members, 7,844,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (968768 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 8:32am On Mar 26, 2015
I greet all farmers in d house. pls come to my help. my birds are eating their eggs. they don't want to see eggs again as if eggs don turn into cockroaches. they are on d floor. about 200 of them, and started laying on 1st of March.
thank
this is d nest box

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Demarcate the nest into sections and feed them well. Also collect the eggs 3-4x per day. If they are too crowded in the box they'll fight and break eggs, so consider adding more boxes.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
FarmTech:

Try giving them extra light from 6pm to 10pm, but increase it gradually. You must be consistent once u start else it will affect them badly. If there is no nepa u can use rechargeable lantern connected to car battery.

Tnx @ jamp I appreciate ur responsse and the phone call it is encouraging to know one is on track.

@farmtech tnx, but what do you think about this light regime which I've been operating in the past 6weeks. 3am - 6.30pm then 8pm-10pm. I decided to maintain light off between 6.30pm -8pm because even if I keep the light on, the birds always roost once the sunset by gathering together at on corner of the pen to the point of almost a stampede. I believe thise who operate liter system experience same.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
fishleg123:
I greet all farmers in d house. pls come to my help. my birds are eating their eggs. they don't want to see eggs again as if eggs don turn into cockroaches. they are on d floor. about 200 of them, and started laying on 1st of March.
thank
this is d nest box
Give them enough calcium. also collect the eggs 3 times daily. it will greatly help.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Abuja and environ: my birds are 27weeks and the production % achieved has been fluctuating between 72-78% in the past 2weeks... Is this normal/ok?

@ jamp huru davidsfarm and other in this region pls i need your input. How old are your birds and what % are you getting.
Congrats but quite unfortunate ur birds are peaking at this time. follow what had been said especially the additional light regime. Feed then if possible by 5am in the morning when the weather is cool. this is better compare to the evening as the weather is still hot in the evening. Also place them on multivitamins, anti stress and Vitamin C. Also ensure you give them cool water around 1pm. store the water earlier and serve them at the stated time.
if you have been feeding them once B4. increase it to 2- 3 Times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
For your Semi automated Battery Cage and Point Of Lay Birds from renowned hatchery,call Farmergiant on 08033527656,08179841277 to place your order.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:24am On Mar 27, 2015
AkayTopsy:

Tnx @ jamp I appreciate ur responsse and the phone call it is encouraging to know one is on track.

@farmtech tnx, but what do you think about this light regime which I've been operating in the past 6weeks. 3am - 6.30pm then 8pm-10pm. I decided to maintain light off between 6.30pm -8pm because even if I keep the light on, the birds always roost once the sunset by gathering together at on corner of the pen to the point of almost a stampede. I believe thise who operate liter system experience same.
Total light period shud not be more than 16 hrs.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2015
hw much is d POL and semi automated cage?
Farmafric:
For your Semi automated Battery Cage and Point Of Lay Birds from renowned hatchery,call Farmergiant on 08033527656,08179841277 to place your order.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Point Of Lay=950 Naira per bird
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2015
Semi automated Battery Cage to house 120 birds with 25yrs warranty=85,000 naira per cage.Deluxe cage to house 96 birds can last for 10yrs=50,000 Naira.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
Farmers in the house, I'll appreciate your input on the below.
A brother of mine is proposing to go into distributorship of poultry feeds. In the town he resides at the moment, Top Feeds, Amo Bygn & Animal Care Feeds all have their distributors. He is therefore, left with a decision on which of the rest to go for.
What I therefore need your inputs on is to kindly rate the underlisted brands from the best to the top with reasons, please:
1. Feed Masters,
2. Vital Feeds,
3. Livestock Feeds,
4. Feedtech,
5. Jakana Ag Feeds,
6. Supreme Feeds,
7. Rainbow Feeds; and
8. Hybrid Feeds.
Awaiting your helpful comments, please.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
FarmTech:

Total light period shud not be more than 16 hrs.

Tnx@ farmtech, but is there a scientific effect of light period being over 16hrs?

Pls no offence is intended. I'm asking this question from a practical mind approach not just based on the literatures we have all been reading.

Another reason why Im asking is because of NEPA most often they play with the power supply and that is why I decided to operate a light regime with over 16hrs, hoping +/-
the birds would still get the minimun light hour required.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
kelvin96:

please at wat age were these vaccines given and wen last did u gave dem embazin forte?
i have not been able to come online because of my challenge and my android phone is spoilt and i cant browse with my china phone, my laptop is at home. what can a tired pregnant woman do after a tiredful day?
gumboro at 10 day
lasota at 15 day
embazin forte at 2 to 3 days
viramix for 5 or more days in a month
i didnt give a second dose because i am sooo busy to g0 to sango to buy the gumboro and lasota. i dont know whether that is the reason my chicken are sick and dying everyday and maybe that is why they are not eating and did not grow fast. they may not be ready at easter and i am afraid i may lose all. i pray God help me because they are just dying anyhow. i even gave them multivitamin since tuesday evening but its still the same. they are not eating and they are dying. can someone come to my aid because its my little salary that is wasting away now
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:21am On Mar 28, 2015
AkayTopsy:

Tnx@ farmtech, but is there a scientific effect of light period being over 16hrs?

Pls no offence is intended. I'm asking this question from a practical mind approach not just based on the literatures we have all been reading.

Another reason why Im asking is because of NEPA most often they play with the power supply and that is why I decided to operate a light regime with over 16hrs, hoping +/-
They need rest.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2015
@ farmtech, please help me my broilers are all sick, i have tried all i know and now i dont know what else to do because they are dying in droves, they will be 8 weeks on monday and they did not grow for easter at all and i cant dispose them cos they aren't big and no one will want them. help me please
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2015
@globaby can u call me.....07065594721.....or send me ur number
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 11:45am On Mar 28, 2015
AkayTopsy:

Another reason
why Im asking is because of NEPA most often they play with the power supply and that is why I decided to operate a light regime with over 16hrs, hoping +/-

sure, the egg shell is formed in the dark period of the night when the birds are resting. too much light regime will affect this and lead to delayed laying. Equally, the artificial light given shd be constant as the birds will react negatively to fluctuating lightening pattern.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by valarinz: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2015
Globaby01:
@ farmtech, please help me my broilers are all sick, i have tried all i know and now i dont know what else to do because they are dying in droves, they will be 8 weeks on monday and they did not grow for easter at all and i cant dispose them cos they aren't big and no one will want them. help me please

Sorry for your loss, birds usually perform bad during heat season as we currently have, but there could still be a combination of factors leading to your birds poor performance. You could post pics or more details of their droppings colour and their weight and how much much feed you serve them and at which time of the day.

if its too cumbersome you can call me on 08146712421. thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Globaby01:
How many birds do u have and which vaccines and drugs hav u given so far? What are the symptoms?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 9:19am On Mar 29, 2015
TheLight001:

Amen
@ LIGHTHOUSE, i have a problem with my broiler, they arent growing fast and they are dying for reasons i dont know. they are 8 weeks tomorrow monday. but cant be taken to the market because they arent big and they are sickly. presently i am giving them multiviamin so they can eat and grow since 7weeks but they are still dying in droves and wont be ready in easter. please what do i do? please send me your email or phone number and am in watsapp. its urgent
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2015
valarinz:

Sorry for your loss, birds usually perform bad during heat season as we currently have, but there could still be a combination of factors leading to your birds poor performance. You could post pics or more details of their droppings colour and their weight and how much much feed you serve them and at which time of the day.

if its too cumbersome you can call me on 08146712421. thanks
thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2015
@globaby, when u get it right, dont forget to.come here and share ur experience and learning points.
I wish you the best.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adedam007(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Good day farmers in the house.pls which type of feeder is the best btw a plastic feeder and the aluminium feeder
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2015
hello house, is it advisable to give anticcoci drug to laying birds? because I noticed that my birds have cocci and they are laying.
thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
adedam007:
Good day farmers in the house.pls which type of feeder is the best btw a plastic feeder and the aluminium feeder

I prefer the plastic ones. They are easier to clean but less durable compared to the aluminium ones.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
fishleg123:
hello house, is it advisable to give anticcoci drug to laying birds? because I noticed that my birds have cocci and they are laying.
thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
fishleg123:
thanks
How do u know it is coccidiosis?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adedam007(m): 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
laposta:

I prefer the plastic ones. They are easier to clean but less durable compared to the aluminium ones.
pls can u giv me their price
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
FarmTech:

How do u know it is coccidiosis?
haba, I know cocci since the time they were small. I knew it iwas cocci by observing their poo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
fishleg. I guess they are the floor. Right?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
Eggcelent:
fishleg. I guess they are the floor. Right?
yes they are on d floor

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.