Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963467 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by just4just: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
HAYSHIRES:
pls house, I need table sized broilers in large quantity
. What do u mean by table size
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Taoflash(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2015
Weldone, It worth it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by raypapy(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=fnk post=10667489]@omotititi, @jamp, @Josh121, @Abankula, I have send out the email to you guys. Good luck.[/quot

Hello bros
I hope u still av the formularformular I will be happy if u can send it to me also my email is raypappy0405 @gmail.com
Thanks and God bless
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by HAYSHIRES: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
just4just:
. What do u mean by table size
2 kg average.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ay50dblues(m): 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hi house. I have been following your posts for a while to get ideas on how to run my farm.
I want to quit farming because of the great loses I encountered due to my staffs mismanagement because i am not always there to monitor.
I currently have 347 Big Old layers left for sale. Please anybody interested should contact me.
I would also like to sell my farm also at a very affordable price... I Have my genuine land documents and would also take the buyer to the Chief of the village to confirm the change of ownership.. I have spent up to 2.5m on the farm project generally but if i get an offer for 800k. I would sell off the farm and remaining Old layers all together.
The is farm is 7 plots of land, farm has water, spacious pen, 6 Units of Galvanised battery cage i bought september last year . it can take 540 birds, little feed crusher, uninstalled pumping machine.
The Road to the farm is always graded because it leads to a quarry site.. The farm is at Oseile in abeokuta. just 5 minutes drive from the college of education.
Please if interested contact me on 09053038472 for viewing

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by b2020: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
@fnk, @jamp,@laposta,@kevin96,i really appreciate all your comments n suggestions. I Ave already started giving them antibiotics (tylamox)and vitamins.am really hoping they recover.thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
HAYSHIRES:
pls house, I need table sized broilers in large quantity

Are you a processor(buying life) or want to buy the processed broilers meat?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by HAYSHIRES: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
yemmit90:

Are you a processor(buying life) or want to buy the processed broilers meat?
am a processor

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
HAYSHIRES:
am a processor
How much are you buying? and how often do you buy?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adedam007(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
ay50dblues:
Hi house. I have been following your posts for a while to get ideas on how to run my farm.
I want to quit farming because of the great loses I encountered due to my staffs mismanagement because i am not always there to monitor.
I currently have 347 Big Old layers left for sale. Please anybody interested should contact me.
I would also like to sell my farm also at a very affordable price... I Have my genuine land documents and would also take the buyer to the Chief of the village to confirm the change of ownership.. I have spent up to 2.5m on the farm project generally but if i get an offer for 800k. I would sell off the farm and remaining Old layers all together.
The is farm is 7 plots of land, farm has water, spacious pen, 6 Units of Galvanised battery cage i bought september last year . it can take 540 birds, little feed crusher, uninstalled pumping machine.
The Road to the farm is always graded because it leads to a quarry site.. The farm is at Oseile in abeokuta. just 5 minutes drive from the college of education.
Please if interested contact me on 09053038472 for viewing
can you lease out your farmland?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
b2020:
@jamp,fnk,eggcellent, all experienced farmers in the house,please I need advice my 33 weeks old birds were due for lasota last week, I administered the vaccine, only for the production to nose dive from 23 crates to 14.i suspected crd,started using tylamox with vitamins I'm yet to see any improvements, a friend told me it's likely the lasota failed,please what do I do,how soon can I repeat the vaccine.
If crd is the case, always give tylosin base drug plus vitamins 4 days b4 giving lasota. Give for 2 days, then give vaccine on day 4. Also make sure that ammonia is not a problem. If u can smell it, it is too much and will affect them. Clean the pen and keep the litter dry.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
laposta:

As earlier advised, do not repeat the Lasota until another Lasota is due. Personally, I'm not a fan of using antibiotics except when absolutely necessary so I would say you use an iodine based disinfectant (Polidine or Iodosteryl) in their drinking water. You may want to combine with Orego-Stim liquid to help prevent some bacterial infections that may want to come on board due to the low immune period they're going through
Pls what is ur experience wiith orego-stim like?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by HAYSHIRES: 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
kelvin96:

How much are you buying? and how often do you buy?
N370/KG, we buy weekly.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
HAYSHIRES:
am a processor

Ok!
But you can do better by adding #20/#30 to that #370.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tmex(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
yemmit90:

Ok!
But you can do better by adding #20/#30 to that #370.
AM sorry, we can't
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tmex:
AM sorry, we can't
Are you HAYSHIRES?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tmex(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
yemmit90:

Are you HAYSHIRES?
no, I have birds for sale too, but can't even sell less than 420
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tmex:
no, I have birds for sale too, but can't even sell less than 420

I thought you were the one. Well, i think #390 upward is not that bad especially if DOC is below or not more than #100.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 3:42am On Jul 24, 2015
HAYSHIRES:
N370/KG, we buy weekly.
i think this is too low. most times it takes about #550 to get a 2kg live weight in 6weeks and this is when doc are between #100 -#150. Now that DOC are above that, #550 wont be able to give me 2kg.... Your price is low. If you can raise up your price, then we can work together.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 3:48am On Jul 24, 2015
Tmex:
nice pace boss, pls where is your farm ll like to learn somethings from u.
There is nothing much in my farm, just taking it one step at a time. I will be back around by second week next month maybe by then we can connect, my farm is around Lekki express way, in Lagos
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 4:02am On Jul 24, 2015
kelvin96:

i think this is too low. most times it takes about #550 to get a 2kg live weight in 6weeks and this is when doc are between #100 -#150. Now that DOC are above that, #550 wont be able to give me 2kg.... Your price is low. If you can raise up your price, then we can work together.

I don't know how you guys do it, I process my birds and sell to entries at N680/kg and to supermarkets at about N1000/kg. I don't know how anyone can sell at N370, it must have been chickens raised with hormone booster, because I cannot understand how anyone can raise bird to 2kg with obviously less than N370. If you are not using hormone booster or super medicating them to get them to 2kg under N370, please share your raising process. As some of you already know, I do not use any medication on my birds apart from the lasota and gomboro that is given to them within their 10 days old. This way we raise premium birds, So even at N680, is a give away.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 4:14am On Jul 24, 2015
fnk:

I don't know how you guys do it, I process my birds and sell to entries at N680/kg and to supermarkets at about N1000/kg. I don't know how anyone can sell at N370, it must have been chickens raised with hormone booster, because I cannot understand how anyone can raise bird to 2kg with obviously less than N370. If you are not using hormone booster or super medicating them to get them to 2kg under N370, please share your raising process. As some of you already know, I do not use any medication on my birds apart from the lasota and gomboro that is given to them within their 10 days old. This way we raise premium birds, So even at N680, is a give away.

@HAYSHIRES oya answer us ooooo
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davies427: 6:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Good morning the gurus in the house. Is there any particular time one shld feed. We notice dat by 7am when we feed the birds eat less. Is it advisable to start feeding by 5am or 6am
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2015
Good morning all. I just pick a new batch of 1000doc black pullets from zartech looking forward to a 72weks journey. Pls any advice on how to kickstart them on a good note is welcome.

@jamp how far with your pullets from chi?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2015
fnk:

He meant 370/kg, so 2kg of a life bird give you 740.

The dressed weight of the same bird give you between 1.4/1.5kg. let assume he sell it at #680 to the eateries, 2kg of the same bird at 1.5kg dressed weight will give you #1020. So 1020-740= 280. It is from that 280 the guy would substract all his running expenses(transport, workers, fuel, etc) to get his net profit.

I'm not try to defend him, his prize is indeed small and that was why i asked him to add something. But anything from 380 upward is still ok.

Like 'fnk' it would be better for anyone to raise and process by his/herself but you cant have enough birds to process, that is the fact.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 10:27am On Jul 24, 2015
davies427. Heat affects how well birds take up their feeds. That's why it's advisable you feed them during the cooler hours of the day. Besides, feeding laying birds early ensures they concentrate on laying during the peak hours of between 8 & 10am. If all the variables are right, the best time to supply your birds with all their feeds for the day is around 2 hours to lights out. Doing this will ensure they eat about 60% of the daily requirement & have sufficient feed in their crop for the relatively long night period. They will then eat up the rest as soon as day breaks and thereafter focus on giving the eggs. However, rat/mice infestation makes this difficult to practice in Nigeria. Notwithstanding, feed your birds as early as possible; 6am is ideal if you are not in the far North where the Sun rises earlier. AkayTopsy. Your question is coming a bit late. However, in addition to feeding them ad lib for the first few weeks, ensure the brooding pen is well heated. Otherwise, the chicks will convert the energy needed for growth (adding weight) into developing feathers as a way of fighting cold. Hence, they won't attain the standard weight at the appropriate time. Success.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by just4just: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2015
fnk:

How do u process because that's what I want to do. Farm Process and sell
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by just4just: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Good morning all. I just pick a new batch of 1000doc black pullets from zartech looking forward to a 72weks journey. Pls any advice on how to kickstart them on a good note is welcome.
@jamp how far with your pullets from chi?

How much did u buy from zarteck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2015
@just4Just 130. Booked like 4weeks ago.

@eggcellent tnx 4 ur titbit, but post isnt dat late now, what other advice would you hv given if I'd informed the house earlier?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
FarmTech:

Pls what is ur experience wiith orego-stim like?

Honestly, I have not had the time to isolate factors to determine their efficacy. I have combined a number of factors (milling my feed with orego-stim power & use of orego-stim liquid) and my rate of lay hasn't been much different from using a ready made feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
AkayTopsy:
@just4Just 130. Booked like 4weeks ago.

@eggcellent tnx 4 ur titbit, but post isnt dat late now, what other advice would you hv given if I'd informed the house earlier?
@AkayTopsy, did u buy directly from the company or through a 'middle man'? Im based in the FCT, if i have to order from the southwest where most hatcheries are, whats d payment modality? Can i pay at delivery? I would appreciate it if u can share your supplier's contact details. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.