Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965565 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 5:38am On Aug 09, 2015
My ogas abeg can someone tell me how many bags of start will 300 layers finish in a week thanks house
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 6:04am On Aug 09, 2015
AkayTopsy:
@jamp. congrat on the arrival of ur new batch, wish you all the best. May God see us all through.
Thanks man. How are ur new birds doing.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 6:05am On Aug 09, 2015
abidecz:
My ogas abeg can someone tell me how many bags of start will 300 layers finish in a week thanks house
Pls state their age
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ozoemelam: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Pls hw many bags of feed will 15 broilers eat from day old to 4 months?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2015
They are going to 4wrrks old by monday
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 9:59am On Aug 09, 2015
They are going to 4weeks by Monday
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 10:11am On Aug 09, 2015
@jamp, congrats on your latest acquisition. Wish u d best in your endeavours
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2015
@eggcelent, how are your birds doing? How did fare with the bluish/purplish coloration
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2015
@AkayTopsy, thanks alot for the zartech contact u assisted me with. I called him and we discussed. He says I can get my supply in a month if I book now. He however declined assisting with transport arrangements as much as I tried to appeal to him, even as I was willing to pay for any services rendered; but again, I know its solely my responsibility to transport my birds; going to pick them up in ibadan is not feasible considering my location (fct) and d nature of my job. Sir, I would appreciate it if u have any transporter's contact in ibadan that has delivered your birds before so I could discuss terms with him. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eggxel. You can get in touch with the under listed drivers.
You can equally visit Giza Plaza Nyanya Abuja Tuesday or Friday morning for personal interaction with the drivers.
The last time I checked. they collect #7/bird.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ozoemelam: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Pls someone should answer me, hw many bags of feed will 50broilers eat from day 1 to 4months?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
davidzfarm18:
Eggxel. You can get in touch with the under listed drivers.
You can equally make time and visit Giza Plaza Nyanya Abuja Tuesday or Friday morning for personal interaction with the No's.
The last time I checked. the collect #7/bird.
@davidzfarm18, thanks alot my brother. I appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
ozoemelam:
Pls someone should answer me, hw many bags of feed will 50broilers eat from day 1 to 4months?

Something around 23bags
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ozoemelam: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
How much is one bag of feed sold in Abia state?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
Tnx @jamp my birds are doing great. They have taken 2shots of Gumboro Vacc and 1lasota Vacc.

@Eggxel you are welcome and @davidzfarm tnx 4 ur response to his request, hw are your birds doing? I believe you have fully disposed the 'naughty ones'.

@grownaira are you serious about that broiler feeding for 4months? Who in this biz keeps broilers for 4MONTHS? Pls what is the expected Weight at that age? Just Curious though....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Tnx @jamp my birds are doing great. They have taken 2shots of Gumboro Vacc and 1lasota Vacc.

@Eggxel you are welcome and @davidzfarm tnx 4 ur response to his request, hw are your birds doing? I believe you have fully disposed the 'naughty ones'.

@grownaira are you serious about that broiler feeding for 4months? Who in this biz keeps broilers for 4MONTHS? Pls what is the expected Weight at that age? Just Curious though....

Haha. No regular broiler farmer will keep birds for four months. A four month old broiler that is well fed will weigh nothing less than 6Kg (dressed weight).
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
grownaira:

Haha. No regular broiler farmer will keep birds for four months. A four month old broiler that is well fed will weigh nothing less than 6Kg (dressed weight).

May be I should try that adventure soon... smiley
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
AkayTopsy. I disposed them as stated earlier. the current one are doing 40% @ week 24.

Thanks.
My birds in there luxurious laying nest.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
AkayTopsy:

May be I should try that adventure soon... smiley

Yh, me too. I plan to keep 200birds for 3months against my wedding coming december.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello Great Farmer,
I found this tread and had being following every single contributions so far I must its very informative,educating and really help me a lot .. Thanks you guy for keeping it alive and keep passing the information hope some new farmer can learn one or two info from others experience
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 10:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ayostically: 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
davidzfarm18:
AkayTopsy. I disposed them as stated earlier. the current one are doing 40% @ week 24.

Thanks.
My birds in there luxurious laying nest.

just curious though, how long do these brown layer go laying . from start of laying till stop?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
laposta:

Sounds like Coryza to me. First things first, separate all sick birds from the flock. You can manage it with any antibiotics with Enrofloxacin along with multivitamin. However, it is worth noting that infected birds remain carriers for life.
I

Tanx Laposta. But I cudnt get enrofloxacin here. Then I do read on the sachets of some antibiotics that combining with multivitamins will counter the effect of the drug. Pls shed more light. Will streptomycin and tylosine do?

Cos its over 2weeks we have been giving them antibiotics, still no improvement.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ozoemelam: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2015
Pls how much does one bag of broiler feed cost in Abia state?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Good day house, trust we all had a great weekend.

I need abt 3000 POL birds, anyone with credible contacts should please share. Farm is in Ogun State.

Thanks and Regards.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 9:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Eggcelent:
tunezvic. The production will increase significantly in the next few days. My take is that the drop in production was occasioned by reduction in daily feeds supplied. You don't do that with birds just entering into lay. Rather, you significantly increase their feeds intake. Maintain their daily consumption at between 100 - 110g/bird for the next fortnight. All things being equal, production should rise to minimum 75% by then. Success. just4just. Laying birds need between 16 & 17 hours of daylight to lay optimally. Natural day length is about 13 hours in Nigeria. Therefore, to stimulate your birds into early/optimal laying, you may wish to give them extra light (photo) for about 4 hours each day, say from 6 to 10pm starting from when their average bodyweight is 1.5kg, usually achievable around 16/17 weeks of age.
@eggcellent, pls which colour of bulb is best for photostimulation, is it d energy saving bulb, fluorescent, or d normal yellow bulb.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2015
@fnk and other (broiler) farmers, please I need ideas of any effective heat source for brooding chicks. I am tired of charcoal stove.

Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello house, i've been rearing my birds on deep litter using wood shavings but the shavings is becoming scarce these days. so i want to ask, is there any effective means of brooding (especially) without the use of shavens or newspapers?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
abidecz. 300 four weeks old brown pullets will consume about 2.7 bags of Starter mash within 7 days. endy247. From researches I read, red LED gives the best result. Followed by white LED and of course, the common incandescent. You may check this link for details; http://www.worldpoultry.net/Layers/Housing/2014/12/Different-colour-LED-light-influences-layer-production-1666912W/ jamp. Such a huge one you have here, I pray for your success. You may wish to raise the blocks on which you put the charcoal pots. Those tiny things may jump into one at the present height thinking it has cooled. eggxel. Thanks for asking. If I may recall right, I think I eventually lost those 2 birds.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
grownaira:
@fnk and other (broiler) farmers, please I need ideas of any effective heat source for brooding chicks. I am tired of charcoal stove.

Thanks.

Gas brooder, electric brooder, electric bulbs. It however depends on scale of production. There are gas/electric brooders for 1000 birds, 2000 and more.

BTW, why are you tired of charcoal?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
twoMcfemad:

Gas brooder, electric brooder, electric bulbs. It however depends on scale of production. There are gas/electric brooders for 1000 birds, 2000 and more.

BTW, why are you tired of charcoal?

Thanks for the response boss. Do you have an idea of the cost of gas/electric brooders (1000 and 2000)?

We don't get good charcoal here. I spend more than 5k on charcoal for brooding each set of birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
Eggcelent:
abidecz. 300 four weeks old brown pullets will consume about 2.7 bags of Starter mash within 7 days. endy247. From researches I read, red LED gives the best result. Followed by white LED and of course, the common incandescent. You may check this link for details; http://www.worldpoultry.net/Layers/Housing/2014/12/Different-colour-LED-light-influences-layer-production-1666912W/ jamp. Such a huge one you have here, I pray for your success. You may wish to raise the blocks on which you put the charcoal pots. Those tiny things may jump into one at the present height thinking it has cooled. eggxel. Thanks for asking. If I may recall right, I think I eventually lost those 2 birds.
Ok, thanx boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.