Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966985 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by danyegbule: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
@eggcelent, you are the best man.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 4:53am On Oct 16, 2015
Ayostically. Concentrate is basically a mixture of some feeds ingredients which are not included in larger percentage. Example; soybeans, GNC, lysine, methionine, etc. For Animal Care & Amo Bygn Concentrates, you're required to add maize & wheat offal. I learnt Top Feeds & a Koulidjis (not sure I got the spelling right) have concentrates. In all, the mixing ratio is attached to the bag. And you can save up to #300/bag with concentrate.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:10am On Oct 16, 2015
Eggcelent:
Ayostically. Concentrate is basically a mixture of some feeds ingredients which are not included in larger percentage. Example; soybeans, GNC, lysine, methionine, etc. For Animal Care & Amo Bygn Concentrates, you're required to add maize & wheat offal. I learnt Top Feeds & a Koulidjis (not sure I got the spelling right) have concentrates. In all, the mixing ratio is attached to the bag. And you can save up to #300/bag with concentrate.

weldone bro. you are doing a nice job here.

though am using animal care feed i prefer top feed concentrate because you only need to add maize. i wish animal care has such concentrate. how much do you buy corn and your location. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 9:04am On Oct 16, 2015
check www.farmergiantblog. it will help you get some insight to poultry farming,

you can also call 09094538737,08099515923
www.farmergiant.net

56,shasha road akowonjo,Lagos
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
jamp. Thanks Bro. I buy maize from Farm Support outlet nearby. It was #70/kg as at last week. However, it has dropped to #68/kg as at Wednesday. I'm talking about grounded maize packaged in 50kg bags.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by red19: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
pls house,how do I treat swollen eyes in chickens
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Pally247: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
I help big poultry farmers with recipes that enhance the growth of their broilers to attain desired weight in the market thereby cutting down on cost ... Interested persons should send me a PM.. i bet you won't want to go back to the old way of farming after tasting this. NB:- Please only serious minded persons should send me a PM thanks... andersonpally@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Pally247: 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 4:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Please Sir, at what stage of life should the starter, grower and finisher be introduced to broiler birds and how much does Amo sell the 3 different classes of feeds above? The op didnt talk about finisher feeds, is it that finisher feeds isnt really important? Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 5:51am On Oct 17, 2015
red19. Can you give detailed description of the issue? Are you talking of Coryza?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Eggcellent: Nice one sir, can u pls educate us on how you made #300 savings from using concentrates. I use Animal Care Laymore and I buy at a discounted rate of #2140 per bag. GREAT WKEND
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
davidzfarm18. A bag of Laymore Concentrate goes for #3305. This will be mixed with 42 kg of maize @ #68/kg = #2856 & 17kg of wheat offal @ #44/kg = #748. This amounts to 3305 + 2856 + 748 = #6909 for 84kg (25 + 42 + 17) of laymore fmash. This translates to about #83/kg. A bag of laymore finished feed goes for #2450 here in Owo, Ondo State.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RichDad1(m): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2015
Please where can broiler finisher concentrate around Ikorodu? Preferably Top feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:26am On Oct 19, 2015
Eggcelent:
davidzfarm18. A bag of Laymore Concentrate goes for #3305. This will be mixed with 42 kg of maize @ #68/kg = #2856 & 17kg of wheat offal @ #44/kg = #748. This amounts to 3305 + 2856 + 748 = #6909 for 84kg (25 + 42 + 17) of laymore fmash. This translates to about #83/kg. A bag of laymore finished feed goes for #2450 here in Owo, Ondo State.

good morning bro, a bag of laymore here goes for N2,120 discounted price. can we have the contact of your maize supplier? 100kg of maize in Abuja goes for 7k-8k
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2015
red19:
pls house,how do I treat swollen eyes in chickens

Give them ciprovet it will clear it. to prevent it ensure you pack your litter regularly to aviod ammonia build up.

its coryza as suggested by eggcelent

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 9jazeal(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2015
Please which hatchery has the best specie of layer's(pullets) have tried zartech they seem to be very fragile.... Plus do I get this feeding schedule for layers correctly...... Day 1 till 20th week starter feed then 20th week upward layers mash?? They are yet to start laying though. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
9jazeal:
Please which hatchery has the best specie of
layer's(pullets) have tried zartech they seem to
be very fragile.... Plus do I get this feeding
schedule for layers correctly...... Day 1 till 20th
week starter feed then 20th week upward layers
mash?? They are yet to start laying though. Thanks
For pullets, You are to use chick mash from day 1 till 8 weeks and from then till you get 5% egg production, you will use grower. When you get 5% production, you will switch to layer.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ayostically: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
Eggcelent:

@ eggcelent, impressive!
sorry to bother u,the concentrate already contains lysine methionine, GNC & soybeans; just maize and wheat offal to be added ...and u're sure the result is same as purchasing d bagged feed.

@ davidzfarm18 & jamp, at #2140/bag in ur area, u guys need not bother with the concentrate as it amounts to almost the same cost. here in igarra, edo state, its #2500/bag
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
davidzfarm18:
Eggcellent: Nice one sir,
can u pls educate us on how you made #300 savings from using concentrates.
I use Animal Care Laymore and I buy at a discounted rate of #2140 per bag.
GREAT WKEND
Boss, please can you help me with how much you sell chickens per kg to hotels or eateries in Abuja? Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ayostically. Yes, the Concentrate contains other ingredients excluding maize & wheat offal. Yes, the results are the same. Just be sure you get quality maize. jamp. I buy my maize from Farm Support Services outlet (it's a subsidiary/partner of AnimalCare Konsult) & with 100kg at #6800 here,, transportation expenses may make getting it from here ill-advised. And as noted by Ayostically, enjoy the discounted price of finished feeds while it lasts. 9jazeal. Please, don't feed your pullets with Starter Mash beyond the 9th week. Doing so is deliberate financial sabotage against your business. Meanwhile, what precisely do you mean by Zartech DOCs being fragile? DOCs are meant to be fragile. Anyway, OTHER reputable hatchery in Nigeria INCLUDE CHI, Obasanjo, Amo Bygn & Farm Support.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ayostically: 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
Eggcelent:
Ayostically. Yes, the Concentrate contains other ingredients excluding maize & wheat offal. Yes, the results are the same.
that's good to know. I'll give it a try
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Annabechick(f): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good afternoon house please i want to know how many bags of feed i need to feed my 1 month 2wks old broilers a day?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 5:16am On Oct 21, 2015
Good morning house, please when do you introduce pullets into cages? I read an article on amobyng site about cage brooding, how does it work and wont the pullets be too fragile to put in cages at a certain age?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 9jazeal(m): 10:26am On Oct 21, 2015
Eggcelent:
Ayostically. Yes, the Concentrate contains other ingredients excluding maize & wheat offal. Yes, the results are the same. Just be sure you get quality maize. jamp. I buy my maize from Farm Support Services outlet (it's a subsidiary/partner of AnimalCare Konsult) & with 100kg at #6800 here,, transportation expenses may make getting it from here ill-advised. And as noted by Ayostically, enjoy the discounted price of finished feeds while it lasts. 9jazeal. Please, don't feed your pullets with Starter Mash beyond the 9th week. Doing so is deliberate financial sabotage against your business. Meanwhile, what precisely do you mean by Zartech DOCs being fragile? DOCs are meant to be fragile. Anyway, OTHER reputable hatchery in Nigeria INCLUDE CHI, Obasanjo, Amo Bygn & Farm Support.
thanks dully noted..... I mean zartech pullets doc didn't do well when I got them and according to my agent they are d best out of the few hatcheries that are into doc pullets he said most hatcheries are into just Cockrell and broiler alone hence the reason for my question
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
tuk2ato. The cages you read about on AmoBygn website are for those engaged in highly intensive practices and are often the very big farms with pullets in tens, if not hundreds of thousands. For those with several hundreds to a few thousand, the standard is to raise on the litter for between 12 & 14 weeks before being moved into cages. 9jazeal. Please, don't allow all the agents deceive you. Virtually all the hatcheries produce pullets DOCs along with cockerels & broilers. And as an aside, the "fragile" DOCs you got earlier may not really be from Zartech or they could be those discarded during"sorting", but smuggled out & sold. Get online & obtain the direct contact details of the hatcheries. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2015
Thank you for enlightening me.
Eggcelent:
tuk2ato. The cages you read about on AmoBygn website are for those engaged in highly intensive practices and are often the very big farms with pullets in tens, if not hundreds of thousands. For those with several hundreds to a few thousand, the standard is to raise on the litter for between 12 & 14 weeks before being moved into cages. 9jazeal. Please, don't allow all the agents deceive you. Virtually all the hatcheries produce pullets DOCs along with cockerels & broilers. And as an aside, the "fragile" DOCs you got earlier may not really be from Zartech or they could be those discarded during"sorting", but smuggled out & sold. Get online & obtain the direct contact details of the hatcheries. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 23, 2015
Hello House, I have point of lay for sale at Ibadan. Any interested person should contact me on 08038619766.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2015
seunrule:
Hello House, I have point of lay for sale at Ibadan. Any interested person should contact me on 08038619766.
pictures and vaccination schedule pls.
age and what rate are you selling
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RichDad1(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
I noticed for some days now, some of my broilers are having brownish pasty stool.
Although, they seems healthy, I can't just take any risks. Can Someone give an explanation to this and possible cure. Thanks.
N:b I've given them Kenflox Oral 20%
This morning.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RichDad1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
I noticed for some days now, some of my broilers are having brownish pasty stool.
Although, they seems healthy, I can't just take any risks. Can Someone give an explanation to this and possible cure. Thanks.
This morning.
Please is Kenflox same as Kepcox?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by annytee(m): 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
RichDad1:
This morning.
Please is Kenflox same as Kepcox?
maybe u are currently given them multivitamin.. Its normal
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RichDad1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
annytee:
maybe u are currently given them multivitamin.. Its normal
Yes I do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.