Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966787 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2015
Good morning to all farmers in the house and all the readers. I appreciates all contributors to this forum more grace to you n more money to your accounts. Have a great weekends. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Blizzle(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2015
abidecz:
Hello ogas in the house pls like how many bags of feed will boilers feed on for a week 150 boilers

Broilers typically consume an average of 67g of feed per day (depending on how often you feed them). It is generally agreed that 67g per day is okay for good growth.

Thus 67g x 150 = 10050g i.e 10kg per day
10kg x 7days =70kg.

As the chicken feed are always packed in 25kg bags, that means you will need almost 3bags every week.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 11:55am On Nov 06, 2015
Thank you Sir, maybe i will try embazine forte during my next production. I was able to do my vaccination without any spill, we thank Baba God!
pcoolioz:

yes, heard its terrible when it spills. I mix mine outside the pen, thats safer IMO. Also, for anticocci, I use embazine forte...seems reliable, I dont know prococ so cant say.
cowbell is still milk, you just need any milk to dilute the agents in the water or so, lol I used dano for my last set and they are still alive..so...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RichDad1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Blizzle:

Broilers typically consume an average of 67g of feed per day (depending on how often you feed them). It is generally agreed that 67g per day is okay for good growth.

Thus 67g x 150 = 10050g i.e 10kg per day
10kg x 7days =70kg.

As the chicken feed are always packed in 25kg bags, that means you will need almost 3bags every week.
3bags or 70kg per week? You might be grossly
Under feeding them.
Although, it depends on their age.
I stand to be corrected thou.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by viktor556(m): 12:00am On Nov 07, 2015
RichDad1:

3bags or 70kg per week? You might be grossly
Under feeding them.
Although, it depends on their age.
I stand to be corrected thou.
well, it depends on the age of the broilers like you've rightly pointed out
2l on whether the birds have already attained the farmers desired size for his/her target market and just using a maintenance ration.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fhuadeen: 6:15am On Nov 07, 2015
hey guys, does anybody know the largest layers production in the country. as in, how much birds are being managed and which farm is that please. I need the info on an important issue. thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hello House, i have read this thread from page 1 to the last page.....

I have bought a land somewhere in imo state for my farm.

I wan to know the dimensions of pen houx that can contain 1000 POL birds on cage system.

I will be starting with 500 POL den gradually increase to 1000 POL.

Am currently in ogun state, farms in ogun state kindly drop you contacts so i can also visit your farms for 1 or 2 advice before i leave the state. THANKS
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eaglevirus: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
I need prices and bulk supply of transparent plastic egg crates, any help will be highly appreciated. whatsapp me 08032627648
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 6:44am On Nov 12, 2015
eaglevirus:
I need prices and bulk supply of transparent plastic egg crates, any help will be highly appreciated. whatsapp me 08032627648

Whatsapp message sent to you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Blizzle(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
I noticed that one of my broilers eye is swollen this morning. Pls is this contagious and how do I treat?

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Blizzle:
I noticed that one of my broilers eye is swollen this morning. Pls is this contagious and how do I treat?

yes its contagious and its called coryza. give them good antibiotic like ciprovet
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
A friend told me his 750 birds are doing 22creates at their 27th wk, on deep litter. Is that possible folks? I need confirmation from experienced farmers in d huz.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Nwogbe:
A friend told me his 750 birds are doing 22creates at their 27th wk, on deep litter. Is that possible folks? I need confirmation from experienced farmers in d huz.
Very possible. The guy is doing 88% which most people have acheieved and surpassed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 5:46am On Nov 13, 2015
jamp:

Very possible. The guy is doing 88% which most people have acheieved and surpassed
Ok. Tnx oga me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Blizzle(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2015
jamp:

yes its contagious and its called coryza. give them good antibiotic like ciprovet

Thanks, the ciprovet, is it an eye-drop?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by poulvacancy15: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2015
Its not an eye drop and it doesn't have to be one. You better rush at it as you don't have time for all this questions
Blizzle:

Thanks, the ciprovet, is it an eye-drop?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by g0dzilla: 11:18am On Nov 13, 2015
hello nairalanders, i have been following this thread for the better part of two years now ,so i think its only right my first post on nairaland is made on this thread. this thread helped me in finally making up my mind to start my poultry(initially with 50 broilers as a test run) to providing me with added information that has prooved useful to me at various stages of my endeavour. thanks a lot guys, you have been very helpful.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Can someone please talk about rearing local Turkey? Lets take a break from inexhaustible layers birds discussion a bit. Let me start by asking questions:
Q1. Why does the hen not know when stop brooding? Mine keeps returning back to her nest even after taking away hatched eggs and none left.
Q2: Why do poults not know how to start feeding after several days? I force feed mine, only the resilient ones survive.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Brineharry: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
jamp:

[quote author=jamp post=39951054]. It is very possible. It depends on the breed. Agrited lohman breed can give 95% with good management..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Brineharry: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Fellow farmers. As hamartarn sets in, vacinate ur birds against newcastle as this is d season..my 2 cent

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eaglevirus: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
viktor556:
Thank you. The tips are from chakra. Ive re-tightened them and so far so good.

It doesn't matter where the tips are from. Ur drilled holes are either too big or your water pressure is too high. Post a picture of your water supply line to the nipple pipe to me, if u drilled the whole what size of drill bit did u use, I may be able to advice if u still need one. (idyette@gmail.com)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hello. Pls how do I make my birds lay big eggs? I saw d first egg in june(first batch), first egg for the second batch is was in august. They are around 1000 and I feed them 104g/bird.. I use animal care ..the eggs I saw from jos today are big
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Good evening all. I am looking to buy 60 crates of eggs on or before 7am Monday morning in the Abuja/nassarawa axis. If you can supply please reach me on 08035993454. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 15, 2015
Keep on pushing the nipple in and out,if it continues dripping,just change it.Some of the nipples have factory error.
viktor556:
I need help guys! I just installed tip drinkers in my battery cage and many of the nipples won't stop dripping water. I thought it's only supposed to drip water only if birds peck on it.

Comments/opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jeckin205: 9:03am On Nov 15, 2015
Pls i need help......how can i formulate simple feed for broiler and cockerel chicks. My email is jeckin205@gmail.com. Tanx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 9:08am On Nov 15, 2015
Trueigbo:
Hello. Pls how do I make my birds lay big eggs? I saw d first egg in june(first batch), first egg for the second batch is was in august. They are around 1000 and I feed them 104g/bird.. I use animal care ..the eggs I saw from jos today are big

@eggcelent, farmtech pls assist
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2015
Experts in the house, i need your advice. I noticed that some of my birds which are perfectly healthy males and 3 weeks, after feeding seriously, sleep off and they are stampeded in the process. Please i need experts to offer solution to this problem.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Twinmama(f): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
At last, i came to the end of this thread. You guyz are doing a great job God bless you all. My 51 broilers are over 4weeks and so far so good i havent recorded any mortality, u guys have been encouraging me. i noticed yesterday dat one of my bird had blood in its stool, and some brownish poo, so i adm embazine forte. i have vaccinated on day 10 lasota, Gumboro on day 13, lasota on day 17, gumboro2 on day 26. vigolyte, embazine forte, neoceyrel. thats all i have been giving them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RichDad1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Twinmama:
At last, i came to the end of this thread. You guyz are doing a great job God bless you all. My 51 broilers are over 4weeks and so far so good i havent recorded any mortality, u guys have been encouraging me. i noticed yesterday dat one of my bird had blood in its stool, and some brownish poo, so i adm embazine forte. i have vaccinated on day 10 lasota, Gumboro on day 13, lasota on day 17, gumboro2 on day 26. vigolyte, embazine forte, neoceyrel. thats all i have been giving them.
Thats Cocci. Ebazine forte is a very good and effective Anti-cocci. Make sure you use it as directed.
3 days drug
2 days plain water
3 days drug again

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Twinmama(f): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
My vet told me 2 use doxygen last week but i havent, i will get it tomorrow hope im on the right track.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Twinmama(f): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
RichDad1:

Thats Cocci. Ebazine forte is a very good and effective Anti-cocci. Make sure you use it as directed.
3 days drug
2 days plain water
3 days drug again
Thanks sir God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.