Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (967081 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Pls farmer in the house what can I do to safe my 5 day old broilers from dying. Just today I lost 3 and many are still not active. I gave them biovita on day 1 and neoceryl plus from day 2 till day 5 which is today. what medication should I use pls. eggcelent, farmtech, jump, agroconsult and other farmers, what can I do?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
samuel25:
Pls farmer in the house what can I do to safe my 5 day old broilers from dying. Just today I lost 3 and many are still not active. I gave them biovita on day 1 and neoceryl plus from day 2 till day 5 which is today. what medication should I use pls. eggcelent, farmtech, jump, agroconsult and other farmers, what can I do?
Describe the symptoms - look, color of droppings etc. Hw many chicks?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 4:58am On Oct 24, 2015
samuel25. Just as FarmTech said, we need detailed info as to your management practices to come up with possible solutions (though, I'm not so much into broiler). How many are the birds; what is the size of your brooding house; which source of warmth (heat) are you using; what's the bedding (litter) like; from where & through whom did you get the DOCs; etc. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by annytee(m): 7:07am On Oct 24, 2015
RichDad1:

Yes I do.
So should I stop or reduce the amount of vitamins? Or it will stop with time?
It will stop.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
samuel25. Just as FarmTech said, we need detailed info as to your management practices to come up with possible solutions (though, I'm not so much into broiler). How many are the birds; what is the size of your brooding house; which source of warmth (heat) are you using; what's the bedding (litter) like; from where & through whom did you get the DOCs; etc. Thanks.
The DOC is gotten directly from Zartech. It is 100 in number and I use coal pot as source of heat when there is no light while I rely on 3 100wats bulb when there is light. Their dropping looked foaming and drawing like string when passing out. There is a sign of CRD through the sound like human catarrh that is coming from them. They look so weak, dozing and eat little then lie down. Today is day 6 and I am giving Neoceryl and biovita from day 1 till day 4. when I recorded 1st mortality I changed to enroflozacin 10% and virus Vidal. But few of the bird are active now which is giving me serious headache becoz na loan I took. Help o pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok Bro @ samuel25. I believe Zartech recommend Enrofloxacin or Doxy Gen 20-20 for their DOC. Therefore, I'll advise you stick with the Enrofloxacin with sufficient vitamins. I'll also suggest you ensure there are no smoke coming from the charcoal before you place the pot in the brooding house. In addition, be sure the brooding room is not too hot for the birds. I wish you success. Stay calm, please.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
Ok Bro @ samuel25. I believe Zartech recommend Enrofloxacin or Doxy Gen 20-20 for their DOC. Therefore, I'll advise you stick with the Enrofloxacin with sufficient vitamins. I'll also suggest you ensure there are no smoke coming from the charcoal before you place the pot in the brooding house. In addition, be sure the brooding room is not too hot for the birds. I wish you success. Stay calm, please.
Thank so much, God Almighty will continue to enrich you with more knowledge. Do you mean I should mix enrofloxacin with vitamin or after taking enrofloxacin, I should give vitamin?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Pally247: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
abbeyforex:
FOR SALE ! 4weeks old broilers,all vaccine administered up to date and birds are 1kg averagely as at today,farm located in Ibadan. Pls PM me if you have interest.

How much do u sell?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by phoenixfx: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hello house, I've been lurking here for quite a while. pls I need the house to enlighten me on this problem. I've raised two sets of broilers (500 each) but on reaching 4 weeks they start to shrink, lose appetite and pass green stools and die in droves. I've administered typhoid care, amoxitin but the problem persists. pls note I've given them all required vaccines and biosecurity measures observed. pls help, what drug should I give to prevent this occurrence. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2015
samuel25. Yes, use the vitamin & antibiotics at the same time.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
My birds are picking up gradually after a significant drop in production. Thank God for His Faithfulness.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Lordopez(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please, how can I get a vehicle to transport 500 layers at point of lay from chi farms to ibeju Lekki, Lagos.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
davidzfarm18:
My birds are picking up gradually after a significant drop in production. Thank God for His Faithfulness.

Congrats. I believe a successful farmer is a patient one too....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
phoenixfx:
Hello house, I've been lurking here for quite a while. pls I need the house to enlighten me on this problem. I've raised two sets of broilers (500 each) but on reaching 4 weeks they start to shrink, lose appetite and pass green stools and die in droves. I've administered typhoid care, amoxitin but the problem persists. pls note I've given them all required vaccines and biosecurity measures observed. pls help, what drug should I give to prevent this occurrence. thanks
broilers farmer in the house. The solution to broiler death is a simple one... Administering of antibiotics.. Only reduce the symptoms.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=segun1976 post=39388096]
Congrats. I believe a successful farmer is a patient one too.... Thanks My brother, how are your birds doing. quite a long time you updated us
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 2:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Could Farmers Using Deep Litter For Egg Production Share Their Experience In Terms Of Lice Control,litter Management,production %,number Of Birds.Etc
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2015
tunezvic:
broilers farmer in the house. The solution to broiler death is a simple one... Administering of antibiotics.. Only reduce the symptoms.

@tunezvic, what is then the solution. antibiotics is to reduce broilers dead?
most broiler died after administered their vaccines. what then can a farmer do? please great farmers advise!!!!!!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by phoenixfx: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2015
@tunezvic. pls be more specific. @ other peeps in the house, your input is needed. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
tabontabon:
Could Farmers Using Deep Litter For Egg Production Share Their Experience In Terms Of Lice Control,litter Management,production %,number Of Birds.Etc
@Tabontabon.
Lice: Control. I had to give ivermectin & deep the birds at the same time using MB50. lost some birds in the process but took care of the lice.
Litter Management: you just have to change the liters as soon as you notice it's getting wet. at a point, I had to be changing the liters every 4day.
Production %: From available statistics, most farms using deep litres have average production of 70-75%.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
@ davidzfarm18 thanks. Are you still running deep litter? What is the total number of birds you have on litter and what type of nest box are you using.
I am seriously considering deep litter,the stress of packing litter under cage is getting 2much and getting staff is a big problem?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
tabontabon:
@ davidzfarm18 thanks. Are you still running deep litter? What is the total number of birds you have on litter and what type of nest box are you using.
I am seriously considering deep litter,the stress of packing litter under cage is getting 2much and getting staff is a big problem?
If ur farm is well situated(not within residential areas, better stick with the cage system for the reason sited above.
also the stress of looking for liters, the cost of it and frequent packing as sited above.
Also, the cost of medication as birds from deep liters are prone to diseases.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ayostically: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
davidzfarm18:
wao, congrats sir!
during that period of drop in egg production, I bought feed from another supplier(had to travel a distance of about 40km, to another town), and the birds picked up almost immediately....but the eggs size is, not too small, but still below medium. what drug do I administer to boost "size of eggs"
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
For those that mill dia own feeds. We produce and can supply you with good quality groundnut cake (GNC) and Full-Fat-Soya at a good price.

Factory location is Kaduna State.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
grownaira:
For those that mill dia own feeds. We produce and can supply you with good quality groundnut cake (GNC) and Full-Fat-Soya at a good price.

Factory location is Kaduna State.
How much is 1 ton of your full fat soya?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 5:47am On Oct 28, 2015
seunrule:
How much is 1 ton of your full fat soya?

N146000

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by enilowo(m): 6:28am On Oct 28, 2015
tabontabon:
I have 40 birds litter system and I have never had lice problem. Though once in a while I bring out all the birds and treat the litterwith pextox powder.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Hi House, I still have point of lay for sale at Ibadan. Any interested person should contact me on 08038619766.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2015
What Is The Function Of The Pextox Powder And How Do You Apply It.
enilowo:
I have 40 birds litter system and I have never had lice problem. Though once in a while I bring out all the birds and treat the litterwith pextox powder.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by enilowo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
tabontabon:
What Is The Function Of The Pextox Powder And How Do You Apply It.

I bring out the birds and mix the pextox with water and spray the litter. Wait for some minutes and return the pullets
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by enilowo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
House please help. I gave Lasota yesterday to ma birds and vitamins today this afternoon I observe black watery poo and brownish watery poo too hope all is well
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by benzion72(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
Please what is the price range of Layer DOC in Ibadan brown birds
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
benzion72:

Please what is the price range of Layer DOC in Ibadan brown birds

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.