Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966911 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 5:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Ayodapoemmanuel. From which hatchery were your pullets sourced? Most reputable hatcheries give Mareks vaccine before selling out the DOCs; a second dose is just for double guarantee. However, it is still very important for you to know from which hatchery your birds were sourced. It influences your management practices. Viktor556. Your birds have issues with NCD. Ciprovet is a broad spectrum antibiotics which has been taking care of the secondary infections in your flock. However, the primary issue is NCD. I will advice you administer Lasota/Komorov 5 days after completing dosage of Ciprovet. abidecz. Same thing applies to you, sir. In addition, the "low" daily eggs output you're seeing is a result of poor uniformity in your flock. Others will start laying when they attain the required weight of 1.5kg. Are you giving them layers or growers mash? There are a few things you can do to stimulate production but, I won't advise you to do those now. Administer Lasota days after giving antibiotics & feed them generously.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:54am On Dec 08, 2015
@eggcelent thanks boss they are still on grower but boss if I won't to boost there production what should I give them and will it have any effect on them thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2015
House pls does anyone know the price of broiler DOC now, and which farm has the best breed? Thanx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2015
abidecz. Ok. I'll do that. However, there are a couple of things I need you to know. 1. Weigh about 23 of the birds randomly & tell us the result. 2. Give us the daily production chart; is the number of eggs increasing daily? 3. What is the calcium content of the feeds you're giving them? 4. What is the quantity of feeds you're giving them? 5. What is the ventilation/lightening situation in your pen like? Be clear with your answers, pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tjadeniyi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
✅a poultry farm
✅2000m² land size
✅2 Bedroom uncompleted farm house already roofed but not yet plastered and no doors and windows.
✅fenced round with Sandcrete block work up to 3m high
✅Entry through 2 No. metal gates at the front and rear
✅Existing Poultry house and excavation for fish pond

Price: N9,000,000.00 (N9m) asking price

Contact 08098122340 (SMS only)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by smankerana: 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Good day farmers...my farm of about 400 pullets of six weeks are disturbed by this respiratory disease...little sneezing but becoming more pronounced by the day. l used centre-gentitylo for three days but the sneezing did not stop. pls advise as the pullets are getting weaker by the day.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dear Farmers,
please what is the broiler price at the farm for a 12 week old, I have over 2,000pieces to sell.farm location is owode, idi-iroko road
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ayodapoemmanuel: 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Eggcelent:
Ayodapoemmanuel. From which hatchery were your pullets sourced? Most reputable hatcheries give Mareks vaccine before selling out the DOCs; a second dose is just for double guarantee. However, it is still very important for you to know from which hatchery your birds were sourced. It influences your management practices. Viktor556. Your birds have issues with NCD. Ciprovet is a broad spectrum antibiotics which has been taking care of the secondary infections in your flock. However, the primary issue is NCD. I will advice you administer Lasota/Komorov 5 days after completing dosage of Ciprovet. abidecz. Same thing applies to you, sir. In addition, the "low" daily eggs output you're seeing is a result of poor uniformity in your flock. Others will start laying when they attain the required weight of 1.5kg. Are you giving them layers or growers mash? There are a few things you can do to stimulate production but, I won't advise you to do those now. Administer Lasota days after giving antibiotics & feed them generously.
my pullet is from yammfy chicks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 11:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Eggcelent:
abidecz. Ok. I'll do that. However, there are a couple of things I need you to know. 1. Weigh about 23 of the birds randomly & tell us the result. 2. Give us the daily production chart; is the number of eggs increasing daily? 3. What is the calcium content of the feeds you're giving them? 4. What is the quantity of feeds you're giving them? 5. What is the ventilation/lightening situation in your pen like? Be clear with your answers, pls.
. Boss the production has increase from 1 to 3 , 5 ,7,12, 19 which is what see today the calcium level in the feed is 1.1 grower and they finish a beg daily we don't always have lite at nite regularly this image will tell for the ventilation

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 1:25am On Dec 09, 2015
abidecz. From the pix, I can ASSUME that 3 out of the 4 sides are blocked, hence limiting the ventilation. That is not ideal, especially at this time of extreme weather; very cold at night/morning, very hot in the afternoon. Your birds are being challenged by HEAT STRESS due to poor ventilation. I'll recommend "Stresoak" - an anti stress herbal mixture to be given as prescribed as a temporary solution. Permanent solution will be to relocate the birds to a more conducive pen as soon as you are able. Ayodapoemmanuel. I've no prior experience with birds from "yammfy farms". I'll only advise you follow strictly the treatment/management schedule given you by the agent. Smankerena. What is causing the CRD? Where are the pullets from? Did you use the antibiotics in the right dosage & for the prescribed number of days? Are you sure the only bacterial infection the birds have is respiratory? Administering antibiotics without first determining the causative factors could be counterproductive. Success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 1:44am On Dec 09, 2015
Pls George,how Long Have You Been Using This Formula And What Is Your Egg Production Like.
Also,this Is The First Time Am Seeing Full Fat Soya Included In Layer Formula,hope It Doesn't Have Negative Effect Like Fat Accumulation.
kengeorge:
Feed formular for laying birds ,

maize 500 kg

soyabean meal 200 kg

Full fat soya 20kg

Wheat Offal 144 kg

Limestone 100 kg

Bonemeal 25 kg

Layer premix 2.5 kg

Metheonine 2 kg

Lysin 2 kg

Salt 3.5 kg

Toxin binder 1 kg

the formular is for 1 ton (1000 kg) of layer feed = 40 bags

Enjoy.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by noeloge82(m): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
Have ur egg production gotten to 5% of ur Birds if yes move to layers Mash for increased production
Goodluck
abidecz:
. Boss the production has increase from 1 to 3 , 5 ,7,12, 19 which is what see today the calcium level in the feed is 1.1 grower and they finish a beg daily we don't always have lite at nite regularly this image will tell for the ventilation
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by viktor556(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
Eggcelent:
alright then. I'll administer Lasota. Though the eggs have been steadily increasing. Yesterday was 25, today 30 with 2 soft-shelled found on each day. The population of my stock is 93. This is their 3rd week into laying. Are the numbers fair?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by smankerana: 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Thank you@ eggcelent. The vet said for three days but I gave them for four days when l saw the persistence. They also suffered from cocci thirteen days back which made me missed the lassota vaccine at week four...and that is my concern now. Should l administer the vaccine now since they are a bit better now or until they are fully up and about? The birds are zartec's, jos.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:26am On Dec 10, 2015
viktor556. Please, do administer Lasota as soon as it is due. Your production should peak within the next week. Hope you have switched to layers mash. smankerana. It is important you administer Lasota whenever it is due so long as the birds don't have any bacterial infection. Success, please.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by viktor556(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2015
Eggcelent:
viktor556. Please, do administer Lasota as soon as it is due. Your production should peak within the next week. Hope you have switched to layers mash. smankerana. It is important you administer Lasota whenever it is due so long as the birds don't have any bacterial infection. Success, please.
alright then. Saturday is the day.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omejeo: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
pls house help my bird they have clog of fat on their body what should i do
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by donfelix4sure(m): 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello gud pple
I am not satisfied wit my daily egg production.I have 360 birds.
d birds were 16wks wen i brought them on d 6th Sept...so they are abt 25wks nw yet am gettin 4crates/day...infact i had some pieces short of 4crates.Ther was a day i had 4.16 but todayz production z 3.18...I lasota them last week.pls help make i nor go sell them for dis xmas...cos my projection z 10 crates per day
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by donfelix4sure(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello gud pple
I am not satisfied wit my daily egg production.I have 360 birds.
d birds were 16wks wen i brought them on d 6th Sept...so they are abt 25wks nw yet am gettin 4crates/day...infact i had some pieces short of 4crates.Ther was a day i had 4.16 but todayz production z 3.18...I lasota them last week.pls help make i nor go sell them for dis xmas...cos my projection z 10 crates per day
jjjj
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:49am On Dec 11, 2015
donfelix4sure. Your challenge is indeed of concern. However, to know what to recommend, I'll like you to shed more light on the birds; what is the production percentage of the main flock from where you got yours? What is the colour of the birds? Are they in cages or on deep litter? Do they have lice? What is their average weight? What quantity of feed are you giving them? Are they on layers or growers? From where do you get your feeds? Is the pen well ventilated? (Say how), when precisely did they start laying? Please, be detailed with the answers. Success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by francos01(m): 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hello sir, pls my name is Francis am still am undergraduate in Obafemi Awolowo University. I also love to go into poultry business

. Will also love u to send me the document through my mail. @ francisadejumobi@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hello boss in the house plz how much is a create of egg now how much can someone sell it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TrinityTreats: 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pls how much is day old pullet presently?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TrinityTreats: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
abidecz:
Hello boss in the house plz how much is a create of egg now how much can someone sell it

it ranges from small- 480. Medium-580. Large - 630 but for me, i sell all sizes together @ #700
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 4:49am On Dec 12, 2015
How much can we sell 12weeks old boilers to whole sale people that want to resell am
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 5:22am On Dec 12, 2015
TrinityTreats:

it ranges from small- 480. Medium-580. Large - 630 but for me, i sell all sizes together @ #700
Good morning, it depends on your location & d quantity you selling (wholesale or retail). Pls clarify this details to put d quoted prices in perspective. Thx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 7:47am On Dec 12, 2015
segun1976:

Good morning, it depends on your location & d quantity you selling (wholesale or retail). Pls clarify this details to put d quoted prices in perspective. Thx

Hello segun, how are doing. Longest time. How are your birds.hope u still make out time to visit them.
Cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by khloeee: 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
@eggcelent,

pls I need clarification am into layers and I invested 150k into it for starters.
though not the one doing it presently gave it to someone to do and the person cut would be 20percent of d gain.
my question is I was told with 650naira I would get a bird and nurture till maturity with food all other vaccine.
so with 150k invested I should have roughly 230birds.though have been hearing stories of late as some are dying....

Anyway pls help verify the 650 claim first,more question to come thanks
and also how many week is ideal for a bird maturity
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=khloeee post=40937006]@eggcelent,

pls I need clarification am into layers and I invested 150k into it for starters.
though not the one doing it presently gave it to someone to do and the person cut would be 20percent of d gain.
my question is I was told with 650naira I would get a bird and nurture till maturity with food all other vaccine.
so with 150k invested I should have roughly 230birds.though have been hearing stories of late as some are dying....

Anyway pls help verify the 650 claim first,more question to come thanks
and also how many week is ideal for a bird maturity[/quote
650 is inadequate for a bird. It's normally between 870 to 1000 naira per bird.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Twinmama(f): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance. book for your broiler chicken, call 07056166160 Location Ibadan
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Btw #1m -#1.2m will do.
Toby77:
please house,

How much would it cost to build a broiler brooding pen of 2000 birds capacity from scratch? All that is available is just the cleared land. Does anyone have an idea of how much should be budgeted for a pretty standard 2000 bird capacity brooder house?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by viktor556(m): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
@eggcelent, I administered LaSota yesterday. The green colour of the birds droppings has reduced drastically and only one shell-less egg was found today in 49eggs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.