Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966755 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Limamimi(f): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
Limamimi. Are you saying getting the funds to buy feeds for your birds is proving difficult?

Thanks Eggcelent. Not really but getting the feed that's rich is a problem.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Limamimi(f): 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
Limamimi:

It's my hubby that goes to abattoir and gets all that he needs like pkc, sorghum, maize and some other stuff's and yet 50kg cannot last more than 2 - 3 week's.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Limamimi(f): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Limamimi:

It's my hubby that goes to abattoir and gets all that he needs like pkc, sorghum, maize and some other stuff's and yet 50kg cannot last more than 2 - 3 week's. And I suggest we buy laymore and grow fast feed he refused totally that he cannot give it to the birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Limamimi(f): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
Limamimi. Are you saying getting the funds to buy feeds for your birds is proving difficult?

Am a salary earner and I only get my pay at the end of the month and I also don't earn much in salary so it's sometimes difficult for me to feed them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fumbaby: 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Compliment of the season neo, please I want to know the amount of bird 10ft by 6ft by 2ft cage can take ( the cage is in form of cuboid)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kengeorge: 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
tuk2ato:
Please can you share that of broilers too. Thanks.

Feed for broiler is very subjective, but I will just give an Ideal moderate formula

Broiler Starter

Maize 580kg

Soy Meal 290kg

Full fat 30kg

Fish Meal 10kg

Wheat Offal 25kg

lime stone 27kg

Bone meal 25kg

Methionine 2kg

lysin 2kg

premix 2.5kg

Salt 2.5kg

Toxin binder 1kg

thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thank you and God bless. Please if i need to derive a finisher diet from the formula given, which ingredients should i vary?
kengeorge:

Feed for broiler is very subjective, but I will just give an Ideal moderate formula

Broiler Starter

Maize 580kg

Soy Meal 290kg

Full fat 30kg

Fish Meal 10kg

Wheat Offal 25kg

lime stone 27kg

Bone meal 25kg

Methionine 2kg

lysin 2kg

premix 2.5kg

Salt 2.5kg

Toxin binder 1kg

thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
Limamini. Ok. Understood now. I'll suggest you persevere a little more. All things being equal, your birds will start producing enough eggs to meet expenses on their feeds with a little profit beside. Success.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Limamimi(f): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Eggcelent:
Limamini. Ok. Understood now. I'll suggest you persevere a little more. All things being equal, your birds will start producing enough eggs to meet expenses on their feeds with a little profit beside. Success.

Thanks Eggcelent I feel better with your reply cos I was almost giving up on poultry farming which has always been my favorite. With you and others beside me I know I will get to my target in poultry farming. Once again thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:20am On Dec 25, 2015
Limamimi. My pleasure, ma.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry christmas my fellow poultry farmers. May the joy of christmas bring to us huge harvest and profit next.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Friends, Merry Xmas

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
Wish everyone in the house a joyous Xmas and a wonderful 2016. Long life and prosperity.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kengeorge: 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
tuk2ato:
Thank you and God bless. Please if i need to derive a finisher diet from the formula given, which ingredients should i vary?

Broiler Finisher

Maize 600kg

Soy Meal 200kg (or use 290kg without GNC)

G N C 90kg

Full fat 30kg

Wheat Offal 18kg

lime stone 25kg

Bone meal 25kg

Methionine 2kg

lysin 2kg

premix 2.5kg

Salt 2.5kg

Toxin binder 1kg

thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Mykeolinks: 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
It's been awesome following this thread all along, thanks guys for the priceless info I've gotten here... I actually did an experiment on broilers and it was an eye opener although not profitable... I wasn't expecting it to be though cos I lost over 50% of them and then sold the remaining one this Xmas period.... So the next thing I intend doing is going into egg production so I'd be hoping to continue to get more info from this thread as time goes on... My first need that I have right now is the list of vaccines and date I'd need to administer to my layers from DOC to pol... I intend stocking 540 birds... Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2015
Merry Xmas @ all .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2015
Merry Xmas every one. Pls how much is DOC layers and boilers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2015
My boss pls sirs what can I do to increase the size of my layers eggs thanks am on hybrid layers mash
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by noeloge82(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2015
Ow many wks are they into laying
abidecz:
My boss pls sirs what can I do to increase the size of my layers eggs thanks am on hybrid layers mash
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tuk2ato(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Thank you Sir, God bless you really good!
kengeorge:

Broiler Finisher

Maize 600kg

Soy Meal 200kg (or use 290kg without GNC)

G N C 90kg

Full fat 30kg

Wheat Offal 18kg

lime stone 25kg

Bone meal 25kg

Methionine 2kg

lysin 2kg

premix 2.5kg

Salt 2.5kg

Toxin binder 1kg

thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grade1: 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
please palls can you help me out on how my layer birds can be producing large eggs like that of farms in Jos and Ilorin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
noeloge82:
Ow many wks are they into laying
. They are in there 23 weeks now boss
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
I found out that my layers have blood at their vein. One pecking at it herself making it to cause a big wound and blood flowing out. Anybody with this experience previously can help with solution and causes thanks

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
Which of the layers feed is the best for layers top feed or hybrid I want my egg to be bigger
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by viktor556(m): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
@eggcelent, compliments of the season. My production is now 81-84%. Is that a good figure? And secondly, is it necessary I de-beak pullets since I intend to cage them.

P.S - I have 160 pullets.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonyadex(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
please send me the document too on araromiadeleke007@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonyadex(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
@fnk, pls kindly send me d doc too, really appreciate ur contributions. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 4:20am On Dec 27, 2015
farmgate:
I found out that my layers have blood at their vein. One pecking at it herself making it to cause a big wound and blood flowing out. Anybody with this experience previously can help with solution and causes thanks
this is prolapse. It happens mainly when birds come into lay so early without full maturity(low body weight). That is why it is not good to force birds to lay early .What you saw is the rupturing of the oviduct which causes other birds to peck on it. Just isolate the particular bird.also check the quality of the debeaking
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 4:30am On Dec 27, 2015
abidecz:
Which of the layers feed is the best for layers top feed or hybrid I want my egg to be bigger

To me topfeed is still the best but its expensive. I have used it before but presently am using animal care.the business is all about profit. For example topfeed grower cost about 2100 while animal care cost 1800.

like they say good food na money kill am
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:18am On Dec 27, 2015
viktor556. 84% is a decent production rate. However, it should increase in the coming days as production peaks. I'm happy for you. Meanwhile, it is important you avoid anything that can stress your birds at this time e.g beak-trimming. Success.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:22am On Dec 27, 2015
Oga jamp. How is your end? It has been a while. AnimalCare is really doing you guys good there. The Growfast is a little over 2k here. Merry Christmas Bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2015
jamp:

To me topfeed is still the best but its expensive. I have used it before but presently am using animal care.the business is all about profit. For example topfeed grower cost about 2100 while animal care cost 1800.

like they say good food na money kill am
. Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.