Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966235 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babaadura: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
can someone help me out, i'm into turkey and broiler breeding. i need help on medications and vacinations aspect. get me on whatsapp 08130547601 or E-mail @ crownhardey@gmail.con
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Poblog: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
Login to www.poultry plaza.com they will direct u on way to do they sell turkey.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by papilo90(m): 4:29am On Oct 10, 2016
ty85:
Farmers in the house pls help. i gave amprolium to my laying birds to trt coccidious n my egg production drop. what should i do. 28 wks old .plsssssssssss help

I must say I'm very surprised ure treating coccidiosis at that age, coccidiosis is a protozoan disease that is common in poultry! But I'm most cases only young birds ( 8weeks down),
How sure are you that its coccidiosis, the probability that its coccidiosis is very low, if you had seen blood stained faeces, from experience it could other causes such as a pecked vent, or maybe prolapse or some other mechanical injuries.
I have a feeling you treated wrongly
MY OPINION THOUGH.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by papilo90(m): 4:38am On Oct 10, 2016
Ibiyomee:
Pls, where can I get DOC ( 50 broilers) needed for a start.
Please, reliable source.
Thanks in advance
You can always get DOC anywhere in the country, the only thing to be careful of is the source of the chicks, you have to be sure of what ure buying, I know this because I remembered there was a time I was working on a farm that produces DOC, people from outside come to the farm and atimes bring cartons of other big farms (such as zartech, obasanjo, CHI and co) to buy chicks,
I'm sure these chicks bought will be presented as chicks from the larger and more trusted farms!
So just be careful, its even harder for someone like you cos ure getting just one carton.
If ure ibadan, get in touch with me, I'm getting a carton too this morning for a friend, but I'm getting zartech chicks.
I hope I've been helpful?
Wish you success as you start the venture.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by papilo90(m): 4:45am On Oct 10, 2016
Felshow:

Please someone should help me with my questions please!

Hello, sorry u dint get answers to your questions, I've been off a while,
Well zartech broilers chicks cost about #200, but u know pprices are unstable, I'm getting their chicks this morning, so u can get to me by evening so I can give u the current price and as well give u their contact.
As for feed I'm not sure of the answer, but one thing I can say is that top feed is one of the best and most trusted feed in the country now,

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by papilo90(m): 4:49am On Oct 10, 2016
Sombili:
Hello. Please I gave my birds the 3 in 1 vaccine at 20 weeks old (and they haven't started laying though even at 21) did I give them late? Will they ever lay and when? Thanks

Well I hate to say this but you did not do your rearing properly, how on earth did you wait til 20 weeks before giving 3 in 1 vaccine, a vaccine that should have been administered at the 17th week. Even at 21 weeks they should have started dropping, so that is also probably a reflection that the management in terms of feeding and others have not been adequate.
Just chill a bit they will drop soon. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibiyomee(f): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2016
papilo90:

You can always get DOC anywhere in the country, the only thing to be careful of is the source of the chicks, you have to be sure of what ure buying, I know this because I remembered there was a time I was working on a farm that produces DOC, people from outside come to the farm and atimes bring cartons of other big farms (such as zartech, obasanjo, CHI and co) to buy chicks,
I'm sure these chicks bought will be presented as chicks from the larger and more trusted farms!
So just be careful, its even harder for someone like you cos ure getting just one carton.
If ure ibadan, get in touch with me, I'm getting a carton too this morning for a friend, but I'm getting zartech chicks.
I hope I've been helpful?
Wish you success as you start the venture.

Thanks so much. I've gotten mine.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 2short88: 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
Greetings to all farmers in the house, I'm want to go into poultry farming base on layers. pls how can I get battery cage in osun or oyo state I want to buy it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
2short88:
Greetings to all farmers in the house, I'm want to go into poultry farming base on layers. pls how can I get battery cage in osun or oyo state I want to buy it
the capacity of your cage will depend on the numbers of layers you want to stock.
I can help you to get battery cage.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by colinso: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
35000 capacity poultry farm for sale including the chickens, eggs and feedmill. The farm is located at Abeokuta Ogun state, the feedmill is functional it produces 900kg feeds per hour. It also includes delivery truck, borehole, solar panel, inverter, storage tank, farm houses, staff quarters and 35kva diesel generator

Contact Collins at: 08182172541
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olatunji390(m): 1:20am On Oct 11, 2016
Pls, anybody into poultry business in igando, ikotun to ojo area. I want to learn from observation. Reply will be really appreciate
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:53am On Oct 11, 2016
alakara:

the capacity of your cage will depend on the numbers of layers you want to stock.
I can help you to get battery cage.

Am in need of cage. Either 120 or 160 capacity. Preferably 4 tiers.

Can you get a fabricated one? How much?

Pic below

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eddyline(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2016
pls what is the name of this 3 in 1 vaccine?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Am in need of cage. Either 120 or 160 capacity. Preferably 4 tiers.
Can you get a fabricated one? How much?

Pic below
120 capacity is ok. You can get 3 tier . Yes you can get the Fabricated one.
Contact me using my signature.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2016
eddyline:
pls what is the name of this 3 in 1 vaccine?

Just say 3 in 1.
It constist of ND,EDS & IB Vaccines
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eddyline(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
alakara:

Just say 3 in 1. It constist of ND,EDS & IB Vaccines
thanks a million
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ChangeAgent16: 12:52am On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks to everyone for the valuable contributions to this thread. I am about to start my own farm but intend to start with Point of Lay birds for some economic reasons despite the capital cost.

Can anyone recommend a trusted farm where I can purchase POLs? My farm is located close to Asaba in Delta State.

Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ownurlife(m): 2:33am On Oct 12, 2016
Hello House,

Please i need detailed analysis on the quantity and cost of feeds and drugs that will be required to brood1500 DOC layer to 16weeks.

I will appreciate if this detail can be broken down in quantity of feed, drugs and cost per day and in weeks using any brand of feed and current market price as an assumption.

Thanks as i look forward to your reply
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 6:33am On Oct 12, 2016
ChangeAgent16:
Thanks to everyone for the valuable contributions to this thread. I am about to start my own farm but intend to start with Point of Lay birds for some economic reasons despite the capital cost.

Can anyone recommend a trusted farm where I can purchase POLs? My farm is located close to Asaba in Delta State.

Thank you.

You can start with pol or poc.
But u must be careful based on the pol of lay you wants to buy, because some pol vaccination and medication is not complete and the seller will just sell it to gullible members of the public

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2016
What's up with these 4 weeks old broilers?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sombili(f): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2016
@ papilpapilo90. A pen owner who has the same age of birds as mine ( they were brooded together) have started seeing eggs and they gave their birds the 3 in 1 vaccine a day after I gave mine..My birds look better than theirs

Well I hate to say this but you did not do your rearing properly, how on earth did you wait til 20 weeks before giving 3 in 1 vaccine, a vaccine that should have been administered at the 17th week. Even at 21 weeks they should have started dropping, so that is also probably a reflection that the management in terms of feeding and others have not been adequate.
Just chill a bit they will drop soon. Goodluck.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sombili(f): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Please house I heard there is a disease killing birds in Ogun State. Is this true?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
Our Groundnut cake is now N97,000 per ton. Soya cake remains N125,000 per ton
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obstead200(m): 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ezinwa25:

Male line at this rush hour will be hard to get ...
suppliers may charge you for male line but provide ordinary ones for you...
This is what I was told by a supplier when I wanted to book for male line.
what is this male line all about? Hearing it for the first time
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by edwinleslie: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
how much is the 4 tier?
alakara:

120 capacity is ok.
You can get 3 tier .
Yes you can get the Fabricated one.

Contact me using my signature.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
edwinleslie:
how much is the 4 tier?
what we have in nigeria is 3 tier. contact me through my signature.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kingovat: 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
Please how often should I feed my birds a day? As in how many days should a bag of starter last for 470 birds. I need help. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hayor2014(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2016
alakara:

what we have in nigeria is 3 tier.
contact me through my signature.
bros, say you have the three tier and don't generalise just because you want to be the one to do the business, simple business ethics

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 6:37am On Oct 13, 2016
hayor2014:
bros, say you have the three tier and don't generalise just because you want to be the one to do the business, simple business ethics
Bros,its not compulsory i do it.
What matters most is customer satisfaction and my intergrity.
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Blizzle(m): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
tonapuck:

I'm in a Ado-ekiti there is well know farmer here call METROVET I source my birds through them, I'm also using their feed from day 1. But on the carton I could observe nastech was written, so I'm sure the got them from nastech.. The birds are Isa-brown. They started laying at 18th week and 6days exactly, they reach 50% output at the end of 21st and 80% at their 24th week.

Just 300 birds as I was advise to start little since I had no experience, going for more 500.

Well done bro. You have done really well. 90% production in deep liter, that is amazing.

I reside in ado too and would like to interact with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.