Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964986 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
@ babacele, still no massage yet. The number is still 09032918760. Still Expecting it.

How many bags of feed do you feed your birds in a day presently?

32 kg daily.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
Feed consumption depends on breed. Some breed eat little and some won't just be ok with little. I should be feeding them with 1 and half bag 37.5 kg but since they are doing fine with what I'm giving them I have no reason to increase their feed.. The most importan thing is to understand your breed, because if you feed your birds to much you will be wasting money and aswel lead to drop in product and if you feed them to little it would be more dangerous cause they will only be eating to sustain their living and won't be able to produce egg.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bussy2rhymes(f): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good day, I am brooding 50 Broiler chicks. They are 21 days old today. And they are finishing 1 bag of starter broiler (topfeed) in just 5 days. I feed them thrice in a day and they are all fine. it's my very first attempt...

How do I feed them to gain profit at the end of the day? I am very worried at the rate of their feeding?

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ty85: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
Farmers in the house pls help. i gave amprolium to my laying birds to trt coccidious n my egg production drop. what should i do. 28 wks old .plsssssssssss help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibiyomee(f): 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pls, where can I get DOC ( 50 broilers) needed for a start.
Please, reliable source.
Thanks in advance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibiyomee(f): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Good day, I am brooding 50 Broiler chicks. They are 21 days old today. And they are finishing 1 bag of starter broiler (topfeed) in just 5 days. I feed them thrice in a day and they are all fine. it's my very first attempt...

How do I feed them to gain profit at the end of the day? I am very worried at the rate of their feeding?

Thanks

Pls, where did you get yours and your location?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibrahimm: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please who has used supreme feed before and how is the quality.[color=#006600][/color][i][/i][b][/b]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibrahimm: 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][i][/i] please who has used supreme feed before and how was the quality
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
ty85:
Farmers in the house pls help. i gave amprolium to my laying birds to trt coccidious n my egg production drop. what should i do. 28 wks old .plsssssssssss help

That's the side effect of amprolium, I guess probably you use overdose. ensure you give them multivitamin...they should come to normal between 5-7 days

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ibrahimm:
Please who has used supreme feed before and how is the quality.[color=#006600][/color][i][/i][b][/b]
i'm currently using it, it is ok but nit as good as top feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Oakbend16: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
This poultry farm is up for sale, please find details below:

1. 1 acre with perimeter fencing
2. 150 feet by 30 feet Pen with capacity for 4500 layers
3. 5 rooms farm house (uncompleted )
4. Registered Deed of assignment
5. Accessible road from ikorodu
6. 8.5 KVA generator
7. Bore-hole

Asking price is N20million

All interested buyers should please contact Prodria Agro Enterprises on 08087579361

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibrahimm: 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nbg4real:
i'm currently using it, it is ok but nit as good as top feed
Thanks for your respond ,
Even their chick mash is top feed better
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ibrahimm: 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
twoMcfemad:

I have fairly used imported galvanized poultry cages for sale. 30 units containing 96 birds per unit Just served 2 cycle. Location is Off Mowe- Ofada Road Ogun state. Contact 08074409457
Pls is it still available
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tectonotimes: 6:02am On Oct 01, 2016
HERE COMES NIGERIAN VERSION OF HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW AND OXFORD BUSINESS GROUP
Tectono Business Review is the Nigerian version of Harvard Business Review, Oxford Business Group, EuroMoney and Financial Times. It publishes business news, business articles and business adverts.

It is meant for the elites like business tycoons, top politicians, captains of industries, heads of federal parastatals, top managers of blue-chip companies. It is very educative and informative.

Avail yourself of this opportunity of reading Tectono Business Review publications just by clicking:
www.tectono-business.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by shams040(m): 6:18am On Oct 01, 2016
Now on sale

200 Acres of land for sale in okoga town off badary express way, Lagos.

For more info visit https://properties4saleblog./?ref=spelling
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2016
Ibrahimm:
Pls is it still available
Yes sir. You can call me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Felshow: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Good day house! Please I have 2 questions. I'll like to know how much zartec broiler doc is sold now and the number to reach them on.
Please has anyone here used corner stone feed? How good is the feed compaired to topfeeds? Thanks in advance.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
This is to inform you that the price of our soya cake has dropped to N125, 000 per ton. This is as a result of the drop in the cost of our major raw material (soyabean).

The cost of groundnut cake however remains the same at N102 , 000 per ton.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
How many bags of 25 kg do your birds consumed at first week, second week, third week and up till pol? How much is the cost of top feed layer's mash presently?

Though, I have had experience with rearing of broilers, just want to know if there is and difference because I'm about going into it now. My pen is set.

Do you know where I can get cage especially fabricated one?

tonapuck:

32 kg daily.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by koolice009: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
koolice009:
Hello house, am new in the business, I have 2200 layers at their 18th week, d current increase in price of feed is wweighing me down, I use topfeed and am thinking of changing to a cheaper feed, kindly advice if this decision of mine is a wise one....plssss
Pls some1 suld pls advice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nwabuwa: 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
What quantity of feed is OK for ninty nine broilers at four weeks, is there any additive to be mixed with the feed so as to lower the cost of feeding..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ty85: 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
tonapuck:

That's the side effect of amprolium, I guess probably you use overdose. ensure you give them multivitamin...they should come to normal between 5-7 days
Thanks at Tonapuck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obirocz: 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
As a start up farmer with theoretical knowledge on broiler brooding,wer can I get DOC male lines with d relevant vaccines in Imo state and pls add me on relevant watsap group on 08038197559.Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ezinwa25(f): 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
obirocz:
As a start up farmer with theoretical knowledge on broiler brooding,wer can I get DOC male lines with d relevant vaccines in Imo state and pls add me on relevant watsap group on 08038197559.Thanks.
Male line at this rush hour will be hard to get ...
suppliers may charge you for male line but provide ordinary ones for you...
This is what I was told by a supplier when I wanted to book for male line.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2016
Noilers may be the new solution to those who are wary of broilers and cockerels.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jfkenny(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Noilers may be the new solution to those who are wary of broilers and cockerels.
Have u kept them before.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Felshow: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2016
Felshow:
Good day house! Please I have 2 questions. I'll like to know how much zartec broiler doc is sold now and the number to reach them on.
Please has anyone here used corner stone feed? How good is the feed compaired to topfeeds? Thanks in advance.

Please someone should help me with my questions please!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 03, 2016
jfkenny:

Have u kept them before.
No. But saw them in a house near my area. Told that they need about 3-4 months to full maturity.
They selling price is also high from 2800 above.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 3:00am On Oct 04, 2016
Good morning, does anyone know any good farm I can get 6weeks old imported and well vaccinated Turkey around Sango or Lagos?? I need about 50. My WhatsApp contact 08020903112.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by chetaraph(m): 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
Good day house,
Please am in need of eggs. If you have to sell ,about 500 crates , pm me or call 07064694254.

Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sombili(f): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Hello. Please I gave my birds the 3 in 1 vaccine at 20 weeks old (and they haven't started laying though even at 21) did I give them late? Will they ever lay and when? Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Oakbend16: 10:32am On Oct 07, 2016
Are you looking to invest in Poultry farming but have challenge securing adequate land in a secured, serene environment devoid of omo-onile hassles? If yes, then look no further, this is the opportunity you've been hoping for, this is a mouth-watering offer you cannot afford to miss.

There is a purpose built poetry farm right in the heart of Lagos on offer, see features below:

Location of the property is at Agbowa, Ikorodu very close to Fashola estate

1. 1 acre with perimeter fencing
2. 150 feet by 30 feet Pen with capacity for 4500 layers
3. 5 rooms farm house (uncompleted )
4. Registered Survey and Deed of assignment with Ogun State Lands Registry
5. Accessible road from ikorodu/Epe Expressway
6. 8.5 KVA generator
7.Expressway with clean, fresh water
8. Scaffolding measuring 20ft by 8ft by 20ft inclusive of a Generator room and store room

Asking price is N20million

All interested buyers should please contact Prodria Agro Enterprises on 08087579361

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.