Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,673 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (968134 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nbg4real: Hello! Welldone all. Pls can any one help pls? My birds are exactly 20weeks today, they started laying 8dayz ago but up to now only 1egg per day i have 350 pullets (black) pls what will i do?

Nothing to worry about,they will all pick gradually .What it means is that those once that are laying are already matured at 2kg.You need to keep feeding and given adequate water to your birds.Give them extra 2wks many will join the race . you will be happy in the end.

cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
@ Obnelly, thank you very much. I‘m waiting! Pls did any body in d house know whether CHI are selling pol? I want to try pol ds time.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nbg4real: @ Obnelly, thank you very much. I‘m waiting! Pls did any body in d house know whether CHI are selling pol? I want to try pol ds time.

Bros, like obnelly said they will still lay there is nothing to worry about. CHI is a good farm, ur birds will perform and if they fail to then there is sometin wrong.

You can contact Omotiti for POL, he bought 500 POL from animal care and his birds are doing well. Wish u well bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nbg4real: @ jamp thank you 4 d concern. I bought them as doc from CHI on 28 june 2013. I did all d necessary vaccination up to 19th week. My worry is that why only 1 egg for over a week? If you look at them physically more than half are fully matred. Should i start giving them layer feed? Or i should wait for all to look matured physicall[color=#990000][/color]y.

Dont give them layers mash now. You will spoil the whole matter. Just wait. they will all pick .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2013
The Shootist: Didn't know I'd achieve 2.5kg at 7 weeks. These ones will big pass malu by december. Gotta start selling. Broilers for sale! Dont come here with one f**king N400/kg I will break your head ni o, lol.
Please how did u achieved 2.5kg in 7weeks. What is d total cost per chick?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
Starts reading the thread since yesterday I celebrates all the contributors for a job well done. Am about to start broiler productions by next year and I discovered the only issue with d broiler is processing which am ready to go into in a small scale. I am on the net wanting to know how to process it and it is quiet interesting.

I promise to furnish the house as soon as I starts the processing. Thanks

@FNK please can I have ur analysis nmail to me nuel771@gmail.com

No more joblessness, look inward and u will see what u can sell to the world.

Nigeria! Good People Great Nation.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Anyone in d house with adequate Info about Turkey should contact me @ nuel771@gmail.com thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2013
Thank you all for your advices. My dad is also a poultry farmer for morethan 2 decades, being me a lady i was not able ta participate much so i have little experience on d bus. I complained to him he gave me one vit. I ‘ll update the house on d result. @ omotititi pls shed more light for me on ur experiece on pol from animal care(the prce, d time of booking, transpotation, productivity, d breed et cetra.)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
A trained, experienced and capable person needed as a Manager for a new poultry farm in Benin City. If qualified and Interested Please email : frisibng@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gooci(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2013
@ evrybody... pls i wuld like to know how to supply water for layers in battery cage because most of the pictures av seen, i culdnt find any water, i only saw space for feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kaybest1: 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello house anyone with of where i can sell large qty broillers for processing. Tx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davonny: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello house, I sincerely need d advice of the experience ones in d house. I live in lagos but I have 2 plots of land in ogun state yhat I'm planning to use for poultry farming. I just cleared the land last week.
This morning I discovered a very big poultry farm near my house in lagos and they have a space for rent(70k per year) that can contain 1200 layers. All facilities is there, I'm to pay and bring in my chichs immediately.
Pls, which one should I go for: to gradualy develop my land in ogun state or start with this rented farm around my house in lagos. Pls ur sincere advice is needed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gooci: @ evrybody... pls i wuld like to know how to supply water for layers in battery cage because most of the pictures av seen, i culdnt find any water, i only saw space for feed

Battery cages comes wit nipples from where the birds drink water. Urs is to provide an overhead tank. The tank will be connected to the battery cage.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
davonny: Hello house, I sincerely need d advice of the experience ones in d house. I live in lagos but I have 2 plots of land in ogun state yhat I'm planning to use for poultry farming. I just cleared the land last week.
This morning I discovered a very big poultry farm near my house in lagos and they have a space for rent(70k per year) that can contain 1200 layers. All facilities is there, I'm to pay and bring in my chichs immediately.
Pls, which one should I go for: to gradualy develop my land in ogun state or start with this rented farm around my house in lagos. Pls ur sincere advice is needed

I will addvice u to take d offer. Pay 70k n move in. Pls ensure u fumigate the place very well before moving in.

While u are there pls make plans to develop ur land in ogun. This arrangment will afford d opportunity to develop ur own gradually witout putting u under pressure.

Gud luck

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by boluwajokosegun: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
THE GREEN OIL WELL-Jatropha (Biofuel)
This is new in Nigeria & u can make a lot of money just by being a biofuel farmer. We at eesteeresources have Jatroha plantation, as i speak we set up farm for investors & buy back the seeds after 6 months of planting the 2 months old seedlings , we sell hybrid seedling @ N40 per stand,As a member of our farmers club, we write feasibility study on agric biz, send news letter, we help to rent private/ govt land@ less than N2,500 per acre we have 300 acres of arable land in the west for lease & some for sale to interested investors who are member of our farmer’s club-registration fee is N3,500 . Presently MTN uses biofuel to run their base stations all over the country, In this business there is no waste because both oil & shaft is marketable besides there are people who plant & use the biofuel to run their generator in Oyo state more so we have foreigners waiting to buy the cake. Jatropha plant seeds for up to 50 years & seed is ready for harvest when the plant is 8 months old , Jatropha seed cake can be mixed with energy sources such as maize to compound livestock feeds, and it is relatively cheap. The juice from the leaves can be used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. The stem can be cut and used as a chewing stick to cure bleeding gums, smelling mouth and so on. Toothpaste can be produced from it. Presently in Nigeria ceiling board is produced from Jatropha, better than asbestos, they are environmentally friendly, very cheap and affordable
“Charcoal for bleaching palm oil for the production of oil used in the making of soaps and insecticides has been produced from Jatropha. The oil is not yet used for human consumption, but it can be used in the production of pesticides.
“Jatropha is a solution provider to the problem of climate change. One plant of Jatropha absorbs about 20 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year.If you want to know more buy our comprehensive jatropha proposal- 25k
1. As I speak the house has done the first reading of a bill to include Jatropha biofuel into our petrol (10-20)%. interested persons should please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday) for more details- We are also into plantain, pineapple, palm tree, rubber ,moringa ,maize, cassava, vegetable ,melon ,watermelon ,cabbage plantation farm , you can also buy all kinds of seedlings from us. We also have quail, glasscutter, rabbit ,snail, ostrich ,Flightless-guinea fowl , imported turkey
2. Nigeria has no business importing food at all. We have everything; God has blessed this country. We have land, cheap labour, we have great sunshine and we have population to eat what we produce. Nigeria should not be importing food; Nigeria should be self-sufficient and should be a net exporting country for food

3. We also build incubators that use Jatrophat as fuel , infact we convert room to incubator. If you are a serious investor please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to 11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday)– Eesteeresources-agriculture-based entrepreneur.
agric4wealth8020..com, eesteeresources@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=boluwajokosegun]THE GREEN OIL WELL-Jatropha (Biofuel)
This is new in Nigeria & u can make a lot of money just by being a biofuel farmer. We at eesteeresources have Jatroha plantation, as i speak we set up farm for investors & buy back the seeds after 6 months of planting the 2 months old seedlings , we sell hybrid seedling @ N40 per stand,As a member of our farmers club, we write feasibility study on agric biz, send news letter, we help to rent private/ govt land@ less than N2,500 per acre we have 300 acres of arable land in the west for lease & some for sale to interested investors who are member of our farmer’s club-registration fee is N3,500 . Presently MTN uses biofuel to run their base stations all over the country, In this business there is no waste because both oil & shaft is marketable besides there are people who plant & use the biofuel to run their generator in Oyo state more so we have foreigners waiting to buy the cake. Jatropha plant seeds for up to 50 years & seed is ready for harvest when the plant is 8 months old , Jatropha seed cake can be mixed with energy sources such as maize to compound livestock feeds, and it is relatively cheap. The juice from the leaves can be used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. The stem can be cut and used as a chewing stick to cure bleeding gums, smelling mouth and so on. Toothpaste can be produced from it. Presently in Nigeria ceiling board is produced from Jatropha, better than asbestos, they are environmentally friendly, very cheap and affordable
“Charcoal for bleaching palm oil for the production of oil used in the making of soaps and insecticides has been produced from Jatropha. The oil is not yet used for human consumption, but it can be used in the production of pesticides.
“Jatropha is a solution provider to the problem of climate change. One plant of Jatropha absorbs about 20 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year.If you want to know more buy our comprehensive jatropha proposal- 25k
1. As I speak the house has done the first reading of a bill to include Jatropha biofuel into our petrol (10-20)%. interested persons should please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday) for more details- We are also into plantain, pineapple, palm tree, rubber ,moringa ,maize, cassava, vegetable ,melon ,watermelon ,cabbage plantation farm , you can also buy all kinds of seedlings from us. We also have quail, glasscutter, rabbit ,snail, ostrich ,Flightless-guinea fowl , imported turkey
2. Nigeria has no business importing food at all. We have everything; God has blessed this country. We have land, cheap labour, we have great sunshine and we have population to eat what we produce. Nigeria should not be importing food; Nigeria should be self-sufficient and should be a net exporting country for food

3. We also build incubators that use Jatrophat as fuel , infact we convert room to incubator. If you are a serious investor please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to 11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday)– Eesteeresources-agriculture-based entrepreneur.
agric4wealth8020..com, eesteeresources@gmail.com

Hmmmmm
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nairaanddollar: 7:27am On Nov 20, 2013
We have thousands of acres
of good fertile land for sale,
lease or rent in Ogbomoso,
Oyo state. Selling from
N50,000 per acre and u can
rent at 5k per year. Our lands
are suitable for most crops.
Good roads, peaceful and
friendly people. 08060318769
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gooci(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2013
jamp:

Battery cages comes wit nipples from where the birds drink water. Urs is to provide an overhead tank. The tank will be connected to the battery cage.
does it come wt the locally made cages too?
and pls do yu av an idea of aw much d locally made cages?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2013
@Nbg4real.....Welldone so far.Pls be patient with ur birds and feed them more.They will pick up. As per POL,it is usually a faster and easier way to go for newbies .Yes,you can get POL frm Animal Care .I bought mine at N1000 per POL and I called them two weeks ago and they said next booking is around Jan and the birds would be ready in May,2014. So I advise that you start the process of booking for ur birds now.The performance of my birds has been very good,doing well above 85% daily and they started laying at week18,5days and I purchased them at 16weeks.
Wish you all d best my dear.

@Gocci....

Local cages now come with nipple drinkers that are connected to a central tank that supply water to all the cells of the cages. Thess kind of cages make poultry farming easy and interesting.It is d way to go my brother.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
@omtititi thank you very much. Pls which feed are you giving to ur birds?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
topfeed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
omotititi: topfeed
Does anyone know about another feed that is equally as good as topfeed? Topfeed seems to be all we recommend.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Shorbeeb: 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
If you interested in raising birds for egg production and you are not experienced, it might be safe for you to start with POL instead of DOC to minimize risk of mortality. With time, you can experiment with DOC. Presently, I have raised 1000 birds to POL - 16 weeks old, but the cages on ground can only take 900 birds, if any one is interested in POL, call 08053928069. The location is Ibadan.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 6:50am On Nov 21, 2013
omotititi: @Nbg4real.....Welldone so far.Pls be patient with ur birds and feed them more.They will pick up. As per POL,it is usually a faster and easier way to go for newbies .Yes,you can get POL frm Animal Care .I bought mine at N1000 per POL and I called them two weeks ago and they said next booking is around Jan and the birds would be ready in May,2014. So I advise that you start the process of booking for ur birds now.The performance of my birds has been very good,doing well above 85% daily and they started laying at week18,5days and I purchased them at 16weeks.

@Gocci....

Local cages now come with nipple drinkers that are connected to a central tank that supply water to all the cells of the cages. Thess kind of cages make poultry farming easy and interesting.It is d way to go my brother.
Gooci:
does it come wt the locally made cages too?
and pls do yu av an idea of aw much d locally made cages?
omotititi: @Nbg4real.....Welldone so far.Pls be patient with ur birds and feed them more.They will pick up. As per POL,it is usually a faster and easier way to go for newbies .Yes,you can get POL frm Animal Care .I bought mine at N1000 per POL and I called them two weeks ago and they said next booking is around Jan and the birds would be ready in May,2014. So I advise that you start the process of booking for ur birds now.The performance of my birds has been very good,doing well above 85% daily and they started laying at week18,5days and I purchased them at 16weeks.

@Gocci....

how much are dose cage types?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotoda(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2013
How do you guys manage their waste.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2013
omotoda: How do you guys manage their waste.
wood shavings and cages with droppings falling on formaica platform, i rinse of deir poop of d formaica daily into d gutter. or use as manure 4 a mini vegetable farm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Cages that can house 120 are sold for 65-70k depending on ur location and bargaining capacity .I can give you contacts of the guy i bought my own from.

Thank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2013
@SAMSHOZ......Pls how do u use the formiaca u sope about in ur message.Please throw more light on it if it is something we can adopt.
Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotoda(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
omotititi: Cages that can house 120 are sold for 65-70k depending on ur location and bargaining capacity .I can give you contacts of the guy i bought my own from.

Thank.

Is it possible for you to post a picture of thecage.I never knew they are that affordable.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
omotititi: Cages that can house 120 are sold for 65-70k depending on ur location and bargaining capacity .I can give you contacts of the guy i bought my own from.

Thank.

Is it local or imported types??
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
omotititi: @SAMSHOZ......Pls how do u use the formiaca u sope about in ur message.Please throw more light on it if it is something we can adopt.
Thank you.
Its like a cupboard with iron net bottom but has a little space like dat off a computer sliding keyboard. But its a plywood wit a formaica top for easy rinsing off poop daily. Its a temporary cage b4 dey start layin on deep litter. I wil start savin 4 cage though.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hello house tomorow my birds will be 21weeks but still single egg per day despite d vitamin i gave dm. I‘m still worrying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.