Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966274 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
mu broilers at 4 weeks
[img][/img]

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
My layers at 4 weeks. we intend to cage them at 8 weeks
[img][/img]

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
urchpath:

Pls bro how do u intend to mix the feed?
Thanks

You can buy the concentrate and mix with corn instead of buying the total bag feed all the time, that can reduce your cost.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeybanks(m): 5:50am On Oct 16, 2013
please will 1bag for 200birds still applicable to broilers to attain max weight/good market size ?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by urchpath(m): 6:40am On Oct 17, 2013
Idango:

You can buy the concentrate and mix with corn instead of buying the total bag feed all the time, that can reduce your cost.

Thanks for ur reply. Please do yoU know wia I can buy this concentrate? Thanks again
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by urchpath(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2013
Idango: mu broilers at 4 weeks
[img][/img]

Nice looking birds. Boss can I please. Have ur number? Please my email is henrypatogbudu@gmail.com

Thanks a lot sir
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
miqos02: hello all, i asked someone to help me raise POL, i gave him 50% of the money, he said he was pronised oct 3rd for the day old, later he said they resheduled the date, could this be true?
Yes, it is very possible and they can also change the price on you. It happened to us with Obasanjo's Farms, and last minute they changed the price after we had paid for the birds for about a month.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
urchpath:

Dear fnk. Pls Can you send me your poultry analysis report via my mailbox. Henrypatogbudu@gmail.com
Thanks a lot for the anticipated assistance.

Hay!, is your email address correct? I tried a few times and it didn't go through.

Please confirm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davonny: 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hello great farmers in d house, iv been follwing this tread since it started. Now I want to start mine. I want to go for layers but somebody sugested I start with point of lay or point of cage so as to avoid stress, disease, casualty etc since I'm a fresher(inexperienced). Pls d experienced ones in d house what do u have to say
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by magnetik(m): 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
fnk:

Hope it gives you the guide that you need.
Yes it did..really appreciate, many thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2013
davonny: Hello great farmers in d house, iv been follwing this tread since it started. Now I want to start mine. I want to go for layers but somebody sugested I start with point of lay or point of cage so as to avoid stress, disease, casualty etc since I'm a fresher(inexperienced). Pls d experienced ones in d house what do u have to say

i think someone earlier on this thread gave his experience on pol. Layers are very delicate birds. Jxt a little mismanagement on day one can be detrimental when they must have started laying. As a starter, it is even more advisable to start from day old. Dis way, u'll understand the birds' behaviour, and can easily detect when theres a problem. Also u can be a hundred percent sure dat all the necessary vacines were administered and as at when due. U can be sure that the birds were well fed.
Some pol farmers can do anything to reduce cost of production including feed reduction and ignoring some vaccinations.

But if u must use pol, get it from a trusted supplier.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bestofralph(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2013
davonny.....my experience with POL from Animal Care has been very interesting and I suggest you buy from them.I got 500 POLs on August 13 ,2013 and they laid their first two eggs on August 31 and as we speak ,they hv been doing 13crates plus since d beginning of October.Am sure that is not a bad record for a newcomer like me.
Please,get from them and if possible start them on cages.Wish u luck.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davonny: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
@omotititi
Like how much will I get a POL from animal care and soon will I get them after payment. I intend to start with 500 POL.
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by urchpath(m): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
fnk:

Hay!, is your email address correct? I tried a few times and it didn't go through.

Please confirm.

It's correct sir, but u can please send it to
Urchpath@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
Davonny......i got mine for 1K per one and it takes a minimum of a month and above from date of booking to time of delivery.So the earlier u start d better bro.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davonny: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Omotititi
Pls where is ur farm, if it near me I will like to pay u a visit so that I can learn more. I'm in lagos, ikotun idimu area
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2013
Davonny...my farm is in benin city .I am sure the POLs will perform same way anywhere in nigeria if giving adequate care and fed well.Gud luck.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gooci(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2013
what an interesting thread... it has really added to my knowledge.. i am 22yrs of age and a graduate of agric extension from OAU. i dealt wit poultry in my internship year, which i also had a personal experience wit 20 cockerels at home(2wks to market size) nd i didnt lose any. m so much interested in poultry business.... i finished serving ds year(june) nd m currently working in a company, i am going for my masters by january, fully on ANIMAL SCIENCE nd hop to invest in it afterward...... i hope ds thread will be alive till i complete my schools, i would like to gain from here and to contribute to ds site in the course of my study........ GUD WORK EVERYONE

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Idango:

How do we know which of d concerntrates is required? I saw pix of some on premier nig. (topfeed)Website but no detail on application. My layers(36pcs) are six weeks old n they feed like gluttons.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 7:34am On Oct 23, 2013
My Turkeys just started laying eggs. I need advise as regards what to do for the eggs to be hatched
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by benzion72(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Please has anybody purchase Day Old Chick from Obasanjo Farm at Oluyole Estate Ibadan. What is the procedure and what is the minimum they sell thanks for any information
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by benzion72(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2013
@Hindsight I was reading through your experience and I discovered you collected your Day Old Chicken from Karmadex PLC where I collected mine also and I discovered that we had the same experience in production and result. With all effort I never cross 50 percent production.
Can we say that Karmadex DOC are compromised? Is there any regulatory agencies for poultry products? Is the standard organisation of Nigeria (SON) doing anything in this regards.

Intact at a time I felt I should sue karmadex at a point for substandard product.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
benzion72: Please has anybody purchase Day Old Chick from Obasanjo Farm at Oluyole Estate Ibadan. What is the procedure and what is the minimum they sell thanks for any information

Call them, they will give you their account# to make your payment and schedule your pickup date. You will have to go there to pick up the birds, according to them, they only deliver if you are buying over 5,000 bird. Now, if you are picking them up, you need to be there very early in the morning 4-5 am if not you will be buying from agents that doubles the price. And the guys don't have the curtesy to keep your order for you, they will sell them and ask you to come back another time. This has been our experience, other might have had a better one.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by benzion72(m): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
@fnk thanks for your response. Can you give me there number
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eugeneric: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
help guys. my broilers are 8 weeks old an I just discovered they Hv been dying daily. my investigation shows they have watery faeces. what can I give to normalize the faeces
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
samshoz: How do we know which of d concerntrates is required? I saw pix of some on premier nig. (topfeed)Website but no detail on application. My layers(36pcs) are six weeks old n they feed like gluttons.

The label on the concentrate will indicate what feed and for what category of poultry: starter, grower, finisher mash etc. It will also indicate the mixing proportion i.e if the concentrate will form 40%,30% of the feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
benzion72: @Hindsight I was reading through your experience and I discovered you collected your Day Old Chicken from Karmadex PLC where I collected mine also and I discovered that we had the same experience in production and result. With all effort I never cross 50 percent production.
Can we say that Karmadex DOC are compromised? Is there any regulatory agencies for poultry products? Is the standard organisation of Nigeria (SON) doing anything in this regards.

Intact at a time I felt I should sue karmadex at a point for substandard product.

50% production ?that is not good enough .i am doing 85% right now after 2 months of laying and i think that is the highest my birds could go.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by toskilo: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 5:49am On Oct 24, 2013
Idango:

The label on the concentrate will indicate what feed and for what category of poultry: starter, grower, finisher mash etc. It will also indicate the mixing proportion i.e if the concentrate will form 40%,30% of the feed.
tanx bro.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MyHiDsDaar: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
Dear fnk: good day to you,
please if u dont mind , i would also love to have your report, i called animal care today hoping that there would be a training , unfortunately they replied saying that the wont be having any training until February next year,ur report would go a long way in assisting me , as i intend starting my own backyard poultry emeail is chukwumeka.higlander@gmail.com, thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.