Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965880 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2013
ephbe: Gd morning all.
I hav been following up on the thread for sometime now but am happy to inform you all that I am now ready to set up my poultry farm.
I am a banket so I don't have tym on week days but my younger brother promises to give all d support.
Am plannin to start wit 150 layers and 50 broilers
I hav had a little experience in poutry farmig so I know wat it entails.
I need help more on advices, and I need to speak with a vet doctor , pls I nid referrals.
thanks y'all.
Hp to hear frm any1 soon.

give us your location so we can help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Shorbeeb: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2013
Over 200 Broilers weighing 3kg and above available for xmas sales, if interested or has a business offer, call 08053928069.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ephbe(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2013
jamp:

give us your location so we can help

I leave and stay in sango, so dats where the farm is going to be stationed, in my house.
I'll make a snap of d site when I get home today for u all to see. Am opened up to suggestions
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ephbe(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2013
I also need specifications on the price of constructing a mini pen house or iron cage alternatively dat wld house about 200 birds
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need ideas on how to fumigate a pen house for restocking of broiler DOC...

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 11:36am On Dec 10, 2013
jamp:

My birds had same problem though not all. We were abut giving them d last vaccine ie 3 in 1 when We discovered some were light while some were closing their eyes. We had to give them a strong antibiotics(deoxyen). Their poo was also green in color(light green). They were supposed to be giving lasota(vaccine for newcastle) but we decided to give antibiotic since the next vacine 3 in 1 is also for newcastle.the birds are ok now though we lost 2 dt period and they are ready for vacination tomorow(3 in 1).

I will advice you to check their droppings and if its green pls give them lasota else administer a strong antibiotics.cheers
which vaccine is 3 in 1?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
jdkoko:
Please help us with the cost. Implications

Construction work's still on. I'll try and summarize the expenses when I'm done, hopefully by next week.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ephbe(m): 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Does any1 have a link on a distributor in CHI wie I can make purchase of my day old chick. I want to buy as soon as possible.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
AkayTopsy:
For proper ventilation I don't think there's any need for additional coach of blocks. By the time I bring in Battery cages (in the future) the lower level birds will not get proper flow of air if the block's too high.

Anybody with a contrary opinion can help us to throw more light, the construction work's still in progress, we are all here to learn.

gat-ya
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Idango(m): 12:31am On Dec 11, 2013
@AkayTopsy, i think you are right, i went for a course at animal care in July and we were taken round all their pens( they did not allow us to take pictures), what was that after the foundation there was only one coach of blocks, the rest is wire.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2013
samshoz: which vaccine is 3 in 1?

Is a POLYVALENT OIL BASE VACCINE (NCDVK/EDS/IB),one is for Newscastle,another helps the bird to keep laying later in life when they are getting tired. hope am correct (learnt from my vet)

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2013
jamp:

Is a POLYVALENT OIL BASE VACCINE (NCDVK/EDS/IB),one is for Newscastle,another helps the bird to keep laying later in life when they are getting tired. hope am correct (learnt from my vet)
was it administered orally or injected?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2013
samshoz: was it administered orally or injected?

Injected.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2013
Idango: @AkayTopsy, i think you are right, i went for a course at animal care in July and we were taken round all their pens( they did not allow us to take pictures), what was that after the foundation there was only one coach of blocks, the rest is wire.

A coach of blocks or two should be fine except when you stay in an area where flooding is an aheadache.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Poultry manure is a major set back in poultry business.we can't stop chicken from dropping their faeces.under cages or on litters.No doubt after some micro organisms acts on this dropping some obnoxious odour set in,even when packing daily or weekly the litters still keep polluting the environment.Neighbours keep complaining and at the end you lose your farm to your neighbour.

No need to worry again,we can handle the waste for you.
We need to make a feasibility report based on the answers you provide for us on our questionaire .
What do you intend to do with the bio product of your facility?heating,cooking,power generation for lightning and electricity for water pumping on farm.
WIth ours reactor facility in your farm we gaurantee you odour free farm if you can adhere to all our rules.
For anybody or somebody who may be interested you may contact me via this mail.
obnelly2009@gmail.com
+23408028482859

We hope our approach to odour removal will also work for you.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
@Obnelly, so our bioreactor is finally ready. Thank God.I caled u sometime ago and u said u are still working on it.
Pls I need it for power generation. What is the associated cost for it as I need one for my farm.

Congrats once again
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fimi: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
healthy broilers for sale in ogbomosho axis.....contact 07035712635
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by n0m0705(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Shorbeeb: Over 200 Broilers weighing 3kg and above available for xmas sales, if interested or has a business offer, call 08053928069.
Location please. Also if you have cockerel and old layers I'll like to know
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
jamp: @Obnelly, so our bioreactor is finally ready. Thank God.I caled u sometime ago and u said u are still working on it.
Pls I need it for power generation. What is the associated cost for it as I need one for my farm.

Congrats once again

Jamp,please send me a mail.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jdkoko(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
@obnelly, just sent you a mail
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2013
G/morning all i‘m happy to announce d recovery of my birds but stil d productivity is 10% i starts using lsyer feed today.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 1:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
obnelly:

Jamp,please send me a mail.
please, I want the cost also. Send mail to nuel771@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
obnelly: Poultry manure is a major set back in poultry business.we can't stop chicken from dropping their faeces.under cages or on litters.No doubt after some micro organisms acts on this dropping some obnoxious odour set in,even when packing daily or weekly the litters still keep polluting the environment.Neighbours keep complaining and at the end you lose your farm to your neighbour.

No need to worry again,we can handle the waste for you.
We need to make a feasibility report based on the answers you provide for us on our questionaire .
What do you intend to do with the bio product of your facility?heating,cooking,power generation for lightning and electricity for water pumping on farm.
WIth ours reactor facility in your farm we gaurantee you odour free farm if you can adhere to all our rules.
For anybody or somebody who may be interested you may contact me via this mail.
obnelly2009@gmail.com
+23408028482859

We hope our approach to odour removal will also work for you.

Cheers
I need more info nuel771@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
moyin2009: I need more info nuel771@gmail.com

Dear all,I wouldn't want us to redirect this thread.if anybody is interested in construction and installation of a bioreactor.please feel free to contact me via mail .
Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Rzq4: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
I tnk d 3 in 1 vaccine is only recommended prior to d onset of laying (4weeks b4). Dd u vaccinate dem during the laying period?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Rzq4: I tnk d 3 in 1 vaccine is only recommended prior to d onset of laying (4weeks b4). Dd u vaccinate dem during the laying period?

The vaccine was supposed to be given @14wks but cos we noticed they were sick so we postponed it.we gave them the vaccine @17wks. They ve not started laying
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 9:02am On Dec 13, 2013
Nbg4real: G/morning all i‘m happy to announce d recovery of my birds but stil d productivity is 10% i starts using lsyer feed today.
Feeding grower mash up to 10% ! Next time change to layer mash when its 2%. I think you are the one delaying your production.its like you are forcing your layer to lay without given it the right feed.why you wait for the first set of eggs is to tell you that those layers are ready for eating layer mash.so next time don't wait till 10%.I use 2% .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
obnelly:
Feeding grower mash up to 10% ! Next time change to layer mash when its 2%. I think you are the one delaying your production.its like you are forcing your layer to lay without given it the right feed.why you wait for the first set of eggs is to tell you that those layers are ready for eating layer mash.so next time don't wait till 10%.I use 2% .

Obnelly, i know u ve experience in poultry but the standard practice is to change to layers mash once u ve 5-10% production. 2% of 500 birds is 10, I tink is low.
Also I ve not gotten the questionaire for the bioreactor.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 1:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
jamp:

Obnelly, i know u ve experience in poultry but the standard practice is to change to layers mash once u ve 5-10% production. 2% of 500 birds is 10, I tink is low.
Also I ve not gotten the questionaire for the bioreactor.

Its ok jamp.
House ,what is the highest percentage production you have ever achieved during your chicken laying cycle?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
obnelly:

Its ok jamp.
House ,what is the highest percentage production you have ever achieved during your chicken laying cycle?
this is my first tyme bu my brother‘s own is 83%

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gnwoko: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote
author=basking4me]Gentlemen and Ladies,,

My layers finally started shitting eggs last Tuesday, sorry I havent
been around to update you on this development.

I have been more concerned for my broilers that I need to sell this
week. We have 250 of them and they arent as storky as I would have
wanted them, So its been all work on them to get them to at least 3kg
before sales.

Hindsight, Congrats on your accomplishments, I am proud of you.

For now, we will maintain the present stock of layers but consolidate on
the broilers while looking for market for them. We are looking to doing
3000 broilers after this.

Our chicken processing plant and milling equipments are already being
sourced.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread going and your healthy
comments.[/quote] kindly help me wt me ur email id or fb id. need 2 ask u sme questns
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gnwoko: 8:35am On Dec 14, 2013
can any1 in d hse help me wt d list n prices of equipment to b used in setting up a poultry farm.(egg productn) i wld like 2 use d battery sys. [2] do i use deep litter sys 4 a DOC pullet b4 i transfer dem 2 battery cage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.