Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963558 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
hello house, my layer birds are 84 in number and in the past 3/4 weeks, their droppings has reduced to 60 and they are just 6months old, what can i use to improve the situation
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2013
beautyuche: Please are there any poltry farmers in port harcourt, aba and it environ.I dont think i can handle a poultry but i will rather do a cold room and market any advice on dat will be appreciated.
Where i can get broilers i know power will be of great benefit that i have put into consideration and a slaughter house for the poultry what i need to know is where i can but the broiler in large quantity. Thank you

Yes, i'm a poultry farmer in umuahia, 30 minutes from Aba. Call 08037399619.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by secnelly: 2:10am On Dec 27, 2013
[quote author=fnk][/quote]
you love so much calculations. Dont forget nature can displace your assumptions. I dont mean to discourage you from aiming higher but always consider uncertainties.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by secnelly: 2:16am On Dec 27, 2013
micoco:
lol dude, antibiotics wont do anything. poultry(broilers n layers) have vaccination schedules right from wen dey are a day old. so u hv to follow dat vaccination program from day one. i am a Graduate Animal Scientist. so if u want to stock new day olds, i cld drop it here. no qualms
pls many will benefit including me. Drop it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
secnelly:
you love so much calculations. Dont forget nature can displace your assumptions. I dont mean to discourage you from aiming higher but always consider uncertainties.
Totally agree with you, running the numbers is to give people an idea, with those info, you can guide your moves, understanding that there is always uncertainty in everything you do. I own other companies in the country, and I know the important of seeing the numbers and knowing the potential of what ever the venture is.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
Finally my birds arrived on Friday the 27th Dec. A journey of a thousand miles...

I pray for God,s guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mfm04622: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
@fnk, can i get the report too pls? Thanks in advance. The email address is mfm04622@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mfm04622: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2013
House, i have 2 plots of land that measure 100 by 100 feet. I plan to build 3 pens measuring 70 by 25 feet. How many layers do you think each pen can contain usin the deep litter system? Thank you all
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by komakan(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
AkayTopsy: Finally my birds arrived on Friday the 27th Dec. A journey of a thousand miles...

I can't wait to visit ur farm. I will be there tomr. Insha Allah!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by toskilo: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
AkayTopsy: Finally my birds arrived on Friday the 27th Dec. A journey of a thousand miles...

The land is well cleared. How did you do it?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by holajeedayy: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2013
fellow nairalanders,my broiler business dis decmber is nothing much to rit about,wen i got to market i saw cheaper and bigger broiler.if any body cud help me wit vaccin or fattner dat cud speed up bird growth and make it big .......thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
toskilo:

The land is well cleared. How did you do it?

I got d local boys to. Clear the yam and maize plantation bit by bit.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by toskilo: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
Good job done. How many plots and how much did it cost? How are the newbies doing?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 1:04am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year my fellow farmers.
May we rise to the heights we desire this year Amen

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 3:08am On Jan 01, 2014
Hey ! stop and rethink before you throw away that Gold mine under your cages away.Most neighbors complaint about odors coming out from poultry facilities.They tag an average farmer " a dirty man".fortunately enough if the farmer give his neighbours eggs or live chickens they hardly complain about the chicken smelling bad.
So where is the odour coming from ?Is it the chicken or the droppings?The answer is none.Chicken doesnt smell and neither is the droppings.Few things make the dropping smell when bacterias act on it in the present of moisture after few days under the cages odour will set in and your olfactory lobe set in.The odour will attract flies and releases bad smell into the immediate surroundings.This odour comes from Ammonia,hydrogen sulphide and some compounds.
You may choose to pack the dropping daily,weekly or monthly the fact remains that it will still smell.You may choose to dig a big trench to bury the manure.This is good but to an environmentalist its a big pollution to the surroundings (Air,Soil and water)not this alone, you lose the power in the waste to the soil.
waste management and odour control is a big challenge in poultry and other livestock businesses.,
Our waste to energy experts will help you to combat odour,reduces flies and generate green energy on farm to run you daily farm operations such as cooking/heating,Soil amendment via bio fertilizer and power production using your chicken waste.

The pictures below is for your viewing pleasure.So this 2014 consider your farm odour free with our technology.

picture1 generating cooking gas from poultry litters
picture 2 electricity from poultry droppings
picture 3. space heating for brooding chicks

Jamp and others those pictures are for your viewing pleasure.Its just a little out of what that droppings under your cages can give you.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 3:23am On Jan 01, 2014
For those that are requesting for the total cost.Please bear in mind that the cost isnt an issue but delivering the services.I need to assess your farm in the questionnaire ,this will tell if your project is viable or not since we cant discuss most things on phone i prefer doing the preliminary on e-mails before the main construction.You may choose which you prefer but the questionnaire is part of the project.It will give us the picture of your farm.
The size of the farm will determine the construction cost.A person with 200 birds cant rate himself with somebody with 10000 birds .

The picture show one of our handy work.Proudly 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hello my fellow farmers! Pls in brooding process, can i use eletric bulb for both lightining & heating? Does the rays harm d birth? Pls d expart should help.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 6:12am On Jan 02, 2014
@obnelly, good one. I will reply ur mail
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 7:05am On Jan 02, 2014
Nbg4real: Hello my fellow farmers! Pls in brooding process, can i use eletric bulb for both lightining & heating? Does the rays harm d birth? Pls d expart should help.
pls don‘t ignore me i used kerozine stove & battery torch light for heating and lightining respectvely. So i‘m thinking of using electric bulb for both purpose is it feasable?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tmex(m): 8:08am On Jan 02, 2014
Nbg4real: Hello my fellow farmers! Pls in brooding process, can i use eletric bulb for both lightining & heating? Does the rays harm d birth? Pls d expart should help.
yp its ok to use electric bulb as a source of heating and lightening but the light and the heat should be gradually reduced as birds grow older because intense lightening may cause perking in the pen
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2014
Nbg4real: pls don‘t ignore me i used kerozine stove & battery torch light for heating and lightining respectvely. So i‘m thinking of using electric bulb for both purpose is it feasable?
Yes you may use electric bulb like 200 watts ,I don't really support it but most people subscribe to that.for the fact that the intensity of light radiating from the bulb could damage the eyes of the chicks,.you will burn more fuel to run your generator.I normally use charcoal but using this you have to be very careful otherwise you will burn all your farm.we need to develop our simple farm technologies that can cater for most of these farm operation with minimal attention using our indeginous technology.Its one of the challenge in raising day old chicks.from my second picture above the heat coming from biofuel burning is so high that we can make some little modification and that will cater for space heating in brooding .we should operate farming with ease.so for now you need electricity to light and heating if your chicks aren't much or for experimental purpose go ahead.
Good luck.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Angelstartups(f): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2014
Do you have a unique idea in poultry business that's lucrative but needs start-up capital? Look no further...
Join www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Entrepreneur and connect with Angel Investors waiting for the next big Idea!

Or you have the cash and want to invest in Poultry business to give you good returns on your investment...Sign up for free on www.angelstartups.com.ng as an investor.

Drop your questions here on how it works.

Compliments of the season to you all!

Follow us on twitter:@angelstartups
Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.cm/angelstartupsng

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2014
obnelly:
Yes you may use electric bulb like 200 watts ,I don't really support it but most people subscribe to that.for the fact that the intensity of light radiating from the bulb could damage the eyes of the chicks,.you will burn more fuel to run your generator.I normally use charcoal but using this you have to be very careful otherwise you will burn all your farm.we need to develop our simple farm technologies that can cater for most of these farm operation with minimal attention using our indeginous technology.Its one of the challenge in raising day old chicks.from my second picture above the heat coming from biofuel burning is so high that we can make some little modification and that will cater for space heating in brooding .we should operate farming with ease.so for now you need electricity to light and heating if your chicks aren't much or for experimental purpose go ahead.
Good luck.
i‘m very grateful
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 11:32am On Jan 02, 2014
obnelly:
Good luck.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nbg4real: pls don‘t ignore me i used kerozine stove & battery torch light for heating and lightining respectvely. So i‘m thinking of using electric bulb for both purpose is it feasable?

Brother pls use charcoal, the heat from it is better. Buy head pan n pour the charcoal inside n place it on a block.ur pen space determine the number of head pans to buy.

Cheer

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olamilekan1960: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
e gbami o my chickens are about 35 wiks and are yet to lay o pls help mi ani je gbese o.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
jamp:

Brother pls use charcoal, the heat from it is better. Buy head pan n pour the charcoal inside n place it on a block.ur pen space determine the number of head pans to buy.

Cheer
i got d charcoal but how effective d heat is? Will it not be weak b4 morning?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
olamilekan1960: e gbami o my chickens are about 35 wiks and are yet to lay o pls help mi ani je gbese o.
what is d breed, d source and are they healthy? Is their growth ok?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nbg4real: i got d charcoal but how effective d heat is? Will it not be weak b4 morning?
Definitely the heat will reduce gradually as the charcoal burn off so its advisable to reload the coal pot once you know the heat is reducing.
Note allow free ventilation of air within the brooding house and prevent uncompleted combustion in the coal pot as carbon monoxide could be poisonous to human as well as livestock.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AK123(m): 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
author=olamilekan1960]e gbami o my chickens are about 35 wiks and are yet to. lay o pls help mi ani je gbese o.[/quote].
are you serious?35 weeks? that's ridiculous.bros check ur birds source,vaccination schedule ,feed regimen in fact call ur vet .feeding pullets for 35 weeks without eggs is GBESE.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Angelstartups(f): 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Investors are waiting for you on www.angelstartups.com.ng just capture the business proposal free and send to as many investors as possible.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by steel5800(m): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2014
Nbg4real: sorry for d lost and thank God for their recovery i‘m still at 30%. @steel5800 have u stock again?

Hi guys. So sorry I haven't updated the house on my birds. Well I re stocked on dec 3rd and they will be 5weeks on tuesday. I bought 1600 while my mum bought 3100 but we lost alot on their first week due to poor handling while transporting them from ibadan to kano but they've since stabilised n hv stopped dying. I have about 1400+ now n they r doing very great. I've tried uploading pics but they are always too large to upload (about 2 to 3mb) and I'm always too busy nowadays to first send to my computer n compress b4 uploading. We gave them 24hr lighting during their 1st 4wks so as to enable them feed well n pick up fast. We also used charcoal for heating n there r 3 workers permanently on the farm. Heating has stopped now as the birds r big enough n we've also stopped giving them light at nights

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.