Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG (40535 Views)

Hardship: Another Protest Erupts In Niger After Arrest Of 25 People / Another Protest Rocks Kano Over High Cost Of Living (Video) / Ahmed Lawan: Another Protest Looms If Unemployment Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by leokid866: 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
ariesbull:

One thing is that you can't claim ownership of Lagos ... The whole Nigerians and all tribes own Lagos.... Unless you are ready to fight them all

everybody has a right to every state in the country, but you have to realize and accept each of these states have a host of their own, the way the Yorubas are the host in Lagos is the same way the Hausas are the host in Kano.....no matter how much land a Yoruba man has in Kano he will never open his mouth to say Kano belongs to him or that it is a no man's land......hope you understand.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by dukebabaaduke(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Can We Continue like this?
OneTemplate:

Guy, grow up and start showing maturity. One of the qualities of an adult is the ability to make decisions that is in the interest of what is best for all.

A representative panel was constituted over the Lekki tollgate saga to include youths representatives. The decision to handover the tollgate to LCC was put to the vote.

Those who wanted the tollgate handed over to LCC won 5 to 4. As an adult you must learn to abide by democratic decisions which is the will of the majority even if you dont agree with choices made. You can't chose which decisions to accept or reject merely to suit your sentimental and immature approach to life.

Also, proper adults understand it is important to separate issues so we can see things clearly. Justice for victims has nothing to do with whether the tollgate is opened or remains shut.

It is about establishing culpability , if any, and bringing wrongdoers to book. I am sorry to say but you Nigerian youths are very disappointing. You can't think critically , you dont appear to have the intellectual 'robustness' your peers worldwide do and you can never see all sides of the coin let alone have the ability to be fair to all. LCC (Lagos concession company) shot no one.

The tollgate was legally and contractually conceded to them under a BOT deal. Some of us live in adult worlds where we understand we must respect contracts and legal obligations and not be emotional about every single thing.

Anyone not happy about the transparent votes that handed the tollgate to LCC , when names of those who voted and how they voted was announced publicly, should go to court as the article advised. Only lawless anarchists will be protesting at the tollgate when other Avenues exist to seek redress for whatever decisions they are unhappy with.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by leokid866: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2021
jcmaiah:

We pay rents in advance of 5years. Money is not the problem. The problem is inheritance to buy. Almost every inheritance is now in the hands of my people. We have completely bought over all your inheritances and your government filled water and bought over again. We will keep buying them. As you are aware we have a constituency in lagos. Keep doing Owambe. At least we are nice unlike the fulani that seizes your land and still kill you. we pay what most of your people can never smell for swamps and make mansions out of it
Ha Oga why do you like to lie like this......if they tell you to bring proof of this your claims now you will be dodging.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Shelumiel: 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
Afamed:

Seek for killing in Akwuzu in Anambra first. It happened under your Peter Obi where many lives were lost . Abi their life no matter to you ? Hypocrite
You should be ashamed of yourself. Just look at the senseless post you sent. So in your mind, ,we who are not indigenes of lagos, should let atrocities continue in Lagos abi? Can you see that your tribalistic mindset is already destroying Nigeria without our corrupt leaders. Mtchww
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Lehadeh: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2021
Trogge:
. View what happened at US the storming of capitol, the hudloms where arrested and the president was impeached. Cos it was related to him not winning. Who sent the soldiers to lekki No one is answerin. .... Head of the army who sent you He didn't tell us, first he said his men used rubber bullets, after that he said his men shot the sky not the protesters. And nothing has been done only for them to open the toll gate again. If Tunubu or Sonwo Olu son's or daughter died that day do you think he would let it slide. All life matters.
How can you compare usa to Nigeria ?
USA have comprehensive security system with Cctv everywhere and also database something Nigeria can’t boast of
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Trogge: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

How can you compare usa to Nigeria ?
USA have comprehensive security system with Cctv everywhere and also database something Nigeria can’t boast of
. The protest is for justice to prevail, if not, no protest will ever happen again, even if Nigeria is sinking to the ground. Given the people we elect upper hand to do what they wish. After all no protest can happen. Their is no war without causality. Freedom is not free.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Lehadeh: 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
Trogge:
. The protest is for justice to prevail, if not, no protest will ever happen again, even if Nigeria is sinking to the ground. Given the people we elect upper hand to do what they wish. After all no protest can happen. Their is no war without causality. Freedom is not free.
The point is it will be hijacked and the effect will be bad
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ojiamu: 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2021
Jostoman:
So you people think that the blood of those innocent youth kill at lekki tollgate will just go like that. Justice is what people want so nobody is coming to scatter anything at lekki tollgate.
Ipob miscreant typing for one remote village in Orlu. Come out that day na
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
laudate:

The same concession of Lekki-Epe Toll Gate and expressway, that Lagos State Government bought back in 2013 bad paid off all the bills associated with it?? Or is it the Lekki-Ikoyi toll bridge that was constructed entirely with tax payers money??

You people Sabi defended rubbbish, shá.

Not one penny has even been accounted for by Lagos State Government when it comes to that Toll Gate.

Nobody knows how much is collected. Nobody knows how much is expended. It is a bottomless pit of funds that LASG turns over regularly for the personal use of a few politicians.

And yet, you are supporting this anomaly? Chai!! How sad.

You're the sad one and a cretin. Why don't you show your parents did not waste money on your education by starting a different thread to address your concerns over accountability?

The point I make which you should address, if you have adult sense and know how to comment pertinently on the issue at hand, is that the vote went against those who do not want Lekki tollgate handed over to LCC. Even Segalink voted to return the tollgate to LCC.

Those in the losing camp should respect that vote and stop creating all irrelevant side issues, as you do here, to justify their lawless nature. They can and should go to court to challenge the decision.

This is why one cannot ever determine what an argument is originally about between two people in Nigeria. By the time a crowd join they would have turned the original single argument into about 50 side issues. It is a problem with Nigerians and an obsession of each to push their own angle and agenda rather than stick to the specific problem under discussion.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Trogge: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

The point is it will be hijacked and the effect will be bad
. Definitely it will, the same thugs politicians use to rig election. Now their jobless, the need the opportunity to strike.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Lehadeh: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
Trogge:
. Definitely it will, the same thugs politicians use to rig election. Now their jobless, the need the opportunity to strike.
Then how will you know the politicians who would use the thugs. Pdp can use them to get at Apc, Apc fraction not loyal to tinubu can use it to get back at tinubu. So many combinations. That’s why the protest shouldn’t hold for now
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ariesbull: 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
leokid866:

everybody has a right to every state in the country, but you have to realize and accept each of these states have a host of their own, the way the Yorubas are the host in Lagos is the same way the Hausas are the host in Kano.....no matter how much land a Yoruba man has in Kano he will never open his mouth to say Kano belongs to him or that it is a no man's land......hope you understand.

Your mouth don change... The moment Lagos was Capital, yoruba lost the ownership .. economically
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by christistruth01: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
ariesbull:

Your mouth don change... The moment Lagos was Capital, yoruba lost the ownership .. economically

Abuja is the new Capital since 1991 and Lagos is 100% YORUBALAND

1 Like

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by authority2006(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
new2012:

bro, are you having some sort of confusion or breakdown? that was my first post on this.

are you just attacking anybody you feel is an enemy?
calm your nerves bro, life is too short for such massive bitterness.

I'm not here to take notice of who posted what. No bitterness, just telling you miscreants that Tinubu is not the source of your sorrow
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ojiamu: 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
Chyma231:
Anyone involved in making this decision which I just read, may SARS, Fsars , SWAT kill one member of your family ......iseeeeeeeeeeeee
May what u wish others happen to u esp. those who don't know anyone affected but have chosen to dance to the tune of music DJ switch the clown is playing
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ariesbull: 8:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
christistruth01:

Abuja is the new Capital since 1991 and Lagos is 100% YORUBALAND

Get ready to fight the whole trives Lagos has been divided

Alaba rago
Alaba suru
Agege
Obalende
Iddoo
Ketu
Belongs to Hausa ... Can you fight that

Satellite town
Alaba ojo
Festac
Navy town
Satellite town

Belongs to igbo

Egbeda
Idumu
Belongs to Edo folks

Ajegunle
Apapa

Igbo, Ijaw, Hausa and other tribes own it

So the question is how can you fight these guys

The truth is that yoruba might be the language of communication in some areas

While English is spoken in Ikoyi, lekki etc

Igbo is spoken from Festac to Alaba

While Hausa is spoken in Apapa etc

So how do you claim ownership again
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ayomi90:

Ahah, every inheritance, stay in d village keep fooling yourself. Your people ar in 4by4 shops, where you have like 16 Igbo relatives living inside one shop sleeping on each other. The inheritance you can't have in your village is that what you want to have in Yoruba land? Aside from celebrities that are Igbo's every other Igbo that says he own any property in Lagos is lying,

They come to d village every year to lie to your type. grin grin grin
Lol... I understand you need to console yourself
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Ayomi90: 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
jcmaiah:

Lol... I understand you need to console yourself
Or u mean I've opened ur eyes? I've been lied to for decades, u set shld leave dat village nd come see things for urself. I don't knw how someone selling gala nd fanyogo will own a land in Yoruba land, even in Ekiti u can't find a land for such person.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by christistruth01: 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
ariesbull:

Get ready to fight the whole trives Lagos has been divided

Alaba rago
Alaba suru
Agege
Obalende
Iddoo
Ketu
Belongs to Hausa ... Can you fight that

Satellite town
Alaba ojo
Festac
Navy town
Satellite town

Belongs to igbo

Egbeda
Idumu
Belongs to Edo folks

Ajegunle
Apapa

Igbo, Ijaw, Hausa and other tribes own it

So the question is how can you fight these guys

The truth is that yoruba might be the language of communication in some areas

While English is spoken in Ikoyi, lekki etc

Igbo is spoken from Festac to Alaba

While Hausa is spoken in Apapa etc

So how do you claim ownership again

Go and Sleep nobody is dragging Lagos with Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by NiceMen: 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
leokid866:

Dumbass it wasn't the Cctv they went to remove, it was the reader for the cars, the one that scans the cars with e.tags....one had already been damaged which prompted them to go remove it... I know this for a fact because my company shares the same engineers with Seyis......and if it was the cameras they went to remove then where did LCC get the footage they played at the panel? please have sense and stop disgracing us......because this is how you will carry your foolishness to another country and be given them the perception Nigerians are fools.....please stop it.

U can't fool everyone you know? . I am not on PC I would have done some digging.

So why did the your e tag reader had to be removed on that same day?

Since u are making excuses for Seyi, why did they turn off the light around the tollgate on that same day? Yeah, bring up another excuses... You like making them, don't you?

1 Like

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ayomi90:

Or u mean I've opened ur eyes? I've been lied to for decades, u set shld leave dat village nd come see things for urself. I don't knw how someone selling gala nd fanyogo will own a land in Yoruba land, even in Ekiti u can't find a land for such person.
Lol... I know lagos too well and also know that inheritances are finished

1 Like

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Chyma231(m): 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=ojiamu post=98943989] May what u wish others happen to u esp. those who don't know anyone affected but have chosen to dance to the tune of music DJ switch the clown is playing[ you are a big fool, I'm sure if you were a victim of police brutality , you won't reply my comment !]
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Amah70: 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2021
ojiamu:
Ipob miscreant typing for one remote village in Orlu. Come out that day na

And your home city in Nigeria is like London or New York? Miscreants who don’t know what true city is like. Is there any true city in Nigeria?
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ojiamu: 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=Chyma231 post=98947158][/quote]Do U know anyone killed in Lekki toll "massacre "?
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by leokid866: 12:03am On Feb 11, 2021
NiceMen:

U can't fool everyone you know? . I am not on PC I would have done some digging.

So why did the your e tag reader had to be removed on that same day?

Since u are making excuses for Seyi, why did they turn off the light around the tollgate on that same day? Yeah, bring up another excuses... You like making them, don't you?
lol I have nothing to explain.....you are not on pc but you have a phone sophisticated enough to comment in this forum.....can you see your life outside now? so you cannot use your phone for research because you are not on pc?.......I shake my head for you.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by leokid866: 12:04am On Feb 11, 2021
ariesbull:

Okay.....if you say so.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by BetaThings: 1:44am On Feb 11, 2021
NiceMen:
oga shut up... There picture of men who came to remove the cctv in front...

Ur likes disgust me. Just because u are benefitting from them one way or the other does not mean u will not join the queue tomorrow.

No empire last for ever...

They didn't remove CCTV cameras that can capture scenes
The removed cameras that capture number plates and those were at ground level and could be damaged by protesters
Youths will not solve the problems of this country by not following up with information

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/endsars-security-cameras-were-not-removed-from-lekki-toll-gate-lcc-mgt/
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Jimasun: 2:05am On Feb 11, 2021
ariesbull:

One thing is that you can't claim ownership of Lagos ... The whole Nigerians and all tribes own Lagos.... Unless you are ready to fight them all

I am laughing at your ignorance.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ariesbull: 5:31am On Feb 11, 2021
christistruth01:

Go and Sleep nobody is dragging Lagos with Yoruba

You. Have seen you can't win this war against other tribes.. it's total annihilation for yoruba

It's only online yoruba can claim Lagos
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by new2012: 7:01am On Feb 11, 2021
authority2006:

I'm not here to take notice of who posted what. No bitterness, just telling you miscreants that Tinubu is not the source of your sorrow

to be a Mann, you must learn to accept responsibility for your errors. you're still a kid!

calling everybody miscreants doesn't speak well of you, it tells badly on Ur upbringing
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by christistruth01: 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
ariesbull:

You. Have seen you can't win this war against other tribes.. it's total annihilation for yoruba

It's only online yoruba can claim Lagos

100% Lagos is YORUBALAND

Do you plan to fight Yoruba in Lagos?

There are no contenders nobody is dragging Lagos

If you want to drag Lagos Start by removing Yorubas as Governor, deputy Governor,Commissioners ,Obas and Omoniles infact you will need to drive Yorubas out of Lagos

Online and On Ground Lagos is 100% Yorubaland or have you seen any Igbo Oba in Lagos?

Nobody is even disputing it.

Go and Sleep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wike Would've Been PDP Presidential Candidate, His Friend Betrayed Him — Wamako / Let's Celebrate Lieutenant M Umar. Killed By Boko Haram (Photo) / Artistic Wish Of A Boko Haram Victim (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.