Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (81856 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2021
They should be the ones paying guys to marry them because marrying an Akwa ibom girl is suicidal because they are prone to serial cheating and prostitution. they are never satisfied with one dick

7 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2021
Las las, it's not only Igbo in laws who are greedy

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Saynotoapc(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2021
helinues:
Correct nigga.

I think some parents are just selfish with this ridiculous engagement list..

How are they going to survive after marriage? Does it mean they are selling their daughters?

Most times when they give outrageous list for marriage to the groom, you found out the Father of the girl (wife to be) is late.

Na to still Japa

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Keneeby(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2021
Everything in that list is not up to 2m. So it is not a big deal
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2021
Haha at 1 Football.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by manunitedbabes: 10:08am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided

Hhahahahahahahahahhahah haaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy so no be only imo people own bad pass? jesu is like na girls in diaspora guys go de go for? at least oyibo mentality dey their head small
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by FBIBOT(m): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2021
This family Sabi drink enh.. Hope the lady isn't a drunkard herself
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by wolement: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2021
That wouldn't stop some ladies from jumping from pillar to post.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by MadamExcellency: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2021
Collins4u1:
Marry the baby, just let the family know you've settled them for life. They shouldn't expect any thing if they come visiting

Unless you are marring a liability.

There are many ladies that can provide more than that for their parents in a year.

Assuming you're marring Chimamada Adiche. Will you abandon her?

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ParkleElegant: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!
Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

lol grin
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!
Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

lol
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 10:10am On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=Empirical2 post=98957648]They should be the ones paying guys to marry them because marrying an Akwa ibom girl is suicidal because they are prone to serial cheating and prostitution. they are never satisfied with one dick [/quote

Stop talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by abbeyty90: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2021
So, what would happen to my investment after separation? in fact I will collect my money back with interests
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by bibiking7(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2021

Abasimikikpayung

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by adesegun121(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2021
Jaapaa
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by payloader(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2021
This is not for the broke guys. Full traditional wedding list is not for the faint hearted.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Reex12(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2021
meanwhile her bodycount no be here, and still has a high chance of cheating .

one FIFA football got me laffing

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by gidado14(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2021
Ctorch:
A Nigerian man who was getting set to marry his Akwa Ibom girlfriend, has reportedly abandoned the wedding plans prematurely, owing to the outrageous engagement list given to him by his girl’s family.

On the list were a variety of consumables and non consumables expected to be provided by the groom before their engagement which is meant to hold in the lady’s hometown in Akwa Ibom state.

A Twitter user who shared the story alongside photos of the list, said the man in question allegedly fled at the sight of the list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLazyCheff/status/1358763378953584640

YOU SURE SAY BEFORE THEY WAN GIVE THIS GIRL ABI THEY WAN USE YOU OPEN SHOP

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by omenka(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2021
What's the proof this is even real. Cant anyone simply sit down and type this thing just to trend?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by georgeakins: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2021
I don't see any problem in spending that amount provided the girl is a virgin.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by harmony75: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2021
greed and ignorance because you're delaying your child from marriage.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Emyogalanya: 10:14am On Feb 11, 2021
if it's igbo now the whole world will be on fire to think the people from there will also condem igbos but see their own now

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by nathyx(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2021
Marriage is for men. Short list self Mtcheew..
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ablecia(f): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided

It is outrageous though but it is also negotiable. The list includes everything, both mbub and Ndo proper.
The guy shouldn't run away, he should go and negotiate. I bet he may end up paying just a quarter

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2021
Ykc2:
I thought marriage is expensive in nigeria not untill I started working with Afghanistan and somalian guys here in Austria, the somalian guy told me his family gave his bride family 75 cows,then the Afghanistan guy is still saving to get €30000 his bride family demanded,then in Iran is the worst they calculate with gold, when i told them that in my state anambra ,then idemili LGA with 200k you are through with marrying a girl they laughed at me, na only imo state dey disgrace us not all imo ooh mbaise owerri

It makes sense (I am not justifying just saying I can see where their anger steam from) why these guys will butcher their spouse if caught cheating or trying to leave them.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by NwokoloOwa: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2021
Where is he running to. Its once na. And it's all for love. If he doesn't have the money for every every, he can negotiate. It's allowed.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Dreyton36: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2021
They just want to ruin the man financially , what if he's not equal to the task

So after all these he go still they struggle to feed the woman and all she has to offer na puna ?
And she go still they fvck men upandan for area base on say everyone know how women from that side love gbola pass government job

My advice to the man , as a real nigha you don see yourself say na gbege them wan put u so
This is what I would've done if I were in his shoes

I go give the babe Belle run leave am

Na the family go they call me to come collect pikin for free make the pikin no turn bastard
Them go beg me tire from there I go con give Dem my own billing

If dem want make I accept the girl with the Belle , Dem go raise me funds to start life with the girl and not marriage

Las Las marriage sef na major scam , na women dey benefit from am

Lights up my kpoli in peace

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by PAWG(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2021
Hahahaha, Just give them 2m and save yourself the stress. Greeedy kinsmen
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!

MKPO NDO ETE
hahhaha... Her m
Papa dey wear pant ma too!? Chaii omo dịs marriage list gam!!!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2021
Wahala be like person wey wan marry from that state!!! Is that a provision list or marriage list
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2021
tutudesz:
shocked
if this nigga see his pix as meme eh
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by boom99(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2021
That list and my own na the same thing. I manage pay Sha. Marriage is a strange thing there. Na once in a while them they marry for there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job / How The West Corrodes Our Morality / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.