Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (44447 Views)

Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies / Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by CocoaOla: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
This man build lekki epe express road without putting toll gate to rub people best man in history Lagos he build many estate for the poor too Nelson Mandela of lagos rest in peace history will be kind to you.

He build lekki road all the way to epe

Why some people only expand to shot distance to ikate and start tolling to rub tax payers

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by koning: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
At a ripe old age of 91. RIP. Most of the 1979 set of governors are dead now. As far as i can remember only Jim Nwobodo is still alive.

Solomon Lar, Abubakar Rimi, the then governor of Benue state, all dead.

Jakande will be immortalized. The real Jagaban.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Dantedasz(m): 12:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Baba Kekere.
The real founder of modern Lagos.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by motasty: 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Lagoon0: 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
shadeyinka:
These were governors who didn't divert the state resources into their own pocket.

As a former governor, Jakande lived a modest life among his people. He didn't stash dollars in foreign bank accounts.

Those days are forever gone. We all practice "Northern Politics" now!

I pray for deliverace for this country Nigeria!
God bless you . unlike one popular criminal taking 10% of tax payers money to his bank acct

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by roundman: 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Neymessi:
Nairalanders I need help, I'm very depressed, no job, no money, been eating bread since.... I need financial assistance no matter how little , God bless u as u do. 3117590637 first bank
Guy you even see bread wack sef,you come dey complain? You don spoil this format.

6 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by JaffyJoe(m): 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
He was an excellent administrator but his alleged betrayal of Pa Awolowo casts some level of disinterest on him. May he find peace with his conscience.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by OhiOfIhima: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
A life worth spent... Rest on Baba!

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ayandee: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
He made access to education possible by building schools in virtually all neighbourhoods in Lagos. Back then, children went to school on morning and evening shift basis because the schools were few. Within a short périod, he built so many schools such that all children attended school at the same time.

8 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Churchill6767: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food.

I remember in the early 80s while I was in pry 2 and 3. We had good teachers.

The syllabus was strictly adhered to. Education was so good.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt and immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

You already wrote your epitaph with celestial ink, on stones so precious.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

Real Talk.

6 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Olayetan(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP to the best governor Lagos ever had

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Brushstrokes20: 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
An icon is gone! ...adieu #THE BEST OF LAGOS AND INDEED NIGERIA ....

He's unlike all these current bunch of self serving THIEVES and sadistic RULERS we have now!

RIP PA JAKANDE!

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Toks2008(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
Oh my! The best Governor Nigeria has ever had since 1960.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by chibnnodi: 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Adieu papa! Rest well sir!
You were the builder of Lagos state. The Low Housing Estates and Water Boards were built by you.
Jakande I know.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by freaklyme(m): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Oga carry ur frustration go 3MB it’s easy or get Sniper
Sepetonri:
Rot in hell. One man down. Feminism leading.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by BigBashiru: 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food.

I remember in the early 80s while I was in pry 2 and 3. We had good teachers.

The syllabus was strictly adhered to. Education was so good.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt and immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

You already wrote your epitaph with celestial ink, on stones so precious.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

the good things you enjoyed in the early 80s were the things the british built and was not specific to Jakande. notice how nigeria has deteriorated since the british left...
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Focusmind: 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
The day I saw the design of the well planned Lagos inner state metro line by his administration, that was about to start, before Buhari cancelled the project that I knew that the man was just a very good man. Just imagine if that metro line had seen the light of the day.

Lagos wouldn't have been like this. The coordinates of the rail covered the whole nookes and crannies of Lagos, including places that were yet to develop then. See his foresight?

At that time, he had envisaged Ajah and constructed the road from Ozumba Mbadiwe to Ajah . Even the metro was supposed to terminate at Epe, based on that plan then. Buhari messed up big time by cancelling that project.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by frenchman(m): 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2021
He was a good administrator who governed Lagos very well, the only issue was with the curse placed on his head by the great Awo, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Kaiser20: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Sir, God will bless all your generations. You gave free education, to all children, built low-cost estates and many more without your family claiming Lagos as personal property.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by slivertongue: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
rest well the last progressive
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Twob: 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sepetonri:
Rot in hell. One man down. Feminism leading.

Hmm!
What a pity!,
The fact that everyone is showing appreciation to what Jakande had done when he was the Governor of Lagos State as compared to our present Leaders and equally praying for him should at least, convince you that the man was a typical and uncommon good man to Nigerians, especially the lagosians.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
freaklyme:
Oga carry ur frustration go 3MB it’s easy or get Sniper
Tell that to your father. You swine.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Twob:

Hmm!
What a pity!,
The fact that everyone is showing appreciation to what Jakande had done when he was the Governor of Lagos State as compared to our present Leaders and equally praying for him should at least, convince you that the man was a typical and uncommon good man to Nigerians, especially the lagosians.
Story for the gods. Who cares??
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by BigBashiru: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Olayetan:
RIP to the best governor Lagos ever had

jakande may have been good.... but it is the work of the British that made nigeria good then....
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Sheuns(m): 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Imagine what this man achieved in 4 years. These ones in 20 years have not done half even with billions they budget annually.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by codedphyness(m): 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=Sepetonri post=98962684]
You are mad, your father is mad. Thunder fire your lineage. [/quote

I can't exchange words with someone like you who have no respect for a man who old enough to be your father
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Lagoon0: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
Focusmind:
The day I saw the design of the well planned Lagos inner state metro line by his administration, that was about to start, before Buhari cancelled the project that I knew that the man was just a very good man. Just imagine if that metro line had seen the light of the day.

Lagos wouldn't have been like this. The coordinates of the rail covered the whole nuke and crannies of Lagos, including places that were yet to develop then. See his foresight?

At that time, he had envisaged Ajah and constructed the road from Ozumba Mbadiwe to Ajah . Even the metro was supposed to terminate at Epe, based on that plan then. Buhari messed up big time by cancelling that project.

I wonder how come we voted the same buhari to power sad .

And now we're screaming the name of another criminal for 2023. What's happening to us.

5 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by sisisioge: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
Elyonisable1:
When I saw his name, the first thing I remembered was Sisisioge. Only legends will understand. grin grin grin

Oga be guided...stop mentioning me in the same breath with that name. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by BigBashiru: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
greggng:
My first encounter Leith this great man nearly made me have hope in one nigeria . I visited him at his ilepeju home ,...he welcomed me like a son ....I told him I was looking for a job .....he simply ask the Secretary to write a recommendation letter for me to any establishment I intend to work ....my effort was frustrated at west African milk .....Nigerian factor started playing out . I thank him for doing his part ....I wish we have selfless leaders like him....Nigeria would 've moved forward

you acknowledge Nigerian factor - thats the issue with Nigeria and not any "bad leaders"
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=codedphyness post=98963118][/quote]

Talk now, let me send you back to the gutters you came from.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
Baba, rest in peace. The Iyanaoba - LASU - Igando Road was firstly constructed by you before it was upgraded. Lekki - Ajah road was also firstly constructed by you before it was upgraded. Your legacies are your epitaph, too numerous, all within Four years.

The Lagos Metroline project was disrupted with the coming of the military.

Generations yet unborn shall celebrate your legacies.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Babangida Gets Gold Plated Customized Utensils As Gifts From Malivehood / We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari / Delta State Changes Anthem, Logo, Slogan To ''Big Heart Of The Nation''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.