Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (44494 Views)

Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies / Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
R.I.P
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Sunday84(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
R.I.P
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Bodydiialect57: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
We will all be remembered by what we have done.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by BigBashiru: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
oruma19:
With long life, God satisfied him because he made life beautiful for us as lagosians. I went to free school from pry thru secondary because if this man. May God almighty vless his descendants to the 10ty generation. Baba Jakande is the greater politician I know after awolowo. His name will live forever.

No it was the effect of British colonial rule.... the foundations the British laid were still there and gradually fizzled out. Free education is a British thing. Even today everyone in uk sends their children to school for free...
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hmm Baba ooo! twale!
Rest on with the Lord papa you have done alot
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hmm Baba ooo! twale!
Rest on with the Lord papa you have done alot
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by YungMillionaire: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP sir.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ejimatic: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

I remember in the early 80s while I was in pry 2 and 3. We had good teachers.

The syllabus was strictly adhered to. Education was so good.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

You already wrote your epitaph with celestial ink, on stones so precious.

Thank you Baba Kekere!
./ Good piece my brother! Same goes to Bola Ige. Adekunle Ajasin. Olabisi Onabanjo .....They all fought and impacted on the masses.Regrettably those that benefitted from their incomparable free education are making life difficult for the masses now with their poor and selfish oriented policies... Will masses still smile and enjoy again like in the days of those great men?

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by DesignMaestro(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
"All soul shall taste death"
Rest in peace baba

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ericmor: 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2021
R.I.P the best Lagos state government ever

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by abbeyty90: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lagoon0:

I wonder how come we voted the same buhari to power sad .

And now we're screaming the name of another criminal for 2023. What's happening to us.

My brother, I am tired of asking Nigerians the same question you just asked now

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
Chuzoetoh:
sis ur Toto dey smell crayfish crayfish

Yes o, and it taste good. Mad boy.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by sageb: 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP to the architect of modern Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Lightorder: 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
dataking:

He had something better, the creator of Jesus, Allah.
That is why he lived a good life knowing full well he would meet his creator and answer for his deeds.
Hope you find Allah in your journey.
my brother, the wages of sin is death. Christ died for me, who died for you?
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Ayobami7(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rip Jakande
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by dataking: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lightorder:
my brother, the wages of sin is death. Christ died for me, who died for you?

Jesus did not die for you, he his not dead. That is why he his coming back to fulfill his mission and taste death like every human.

We love him as muslims and he his even mentioned more than Muhammad (saw) in the Quran.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by planetx: 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2021
The dumb Daura cow cancelled the Lagos metro rail project initiated by Jakande when work has already started. Citing the cost of the project as a reason only for Nigeria to end up paying a breach of contract penalty equal to what could have been the cost of constructing the metro.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Goldencheese(m): 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
I like your tribute. So benign, poetic, cerebral and celestial.

I am also a product of the foresight of Alhaji Jakande, the quintessential Lagos politician and governor.

Thanks man and blessings.

Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ThatFairGuy1: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
May your shortcomings be forgiven Baba. The former Stole Awolowo before uncle Ige took the position. The rest is history.

Baba is a progressive as well
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Coinbased: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
Really
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ThatFairGuy1: 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
dataking:

Jesus did not die for you, he his not dead. That is why he his coming back to fulfill his mission and taste death like every human.

We love him as muslims and he his even mentioned more than Muhammad (saw) in the Quran.

Prophet Issa (AS) is mentioned BY NAME More than the seal of the prophets (SAW) but everything in Qur'an was directed to the Leader of all Prophets.

He's been addressed in the Qur'an WITH PRONOUN times without number and by name for four times.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by etrouble: 6:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sepetonri:
Rot in hell. One man down. Feminism leading.

You are showing advanced symptoms of chronic madness
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
etrouble:

You are showing advanced symptoms of chronic madness
Yes the same way your father shows it just that he will never recover.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by dataking: 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Prophet Issa (AS) is mentioned BY NAME More than the seal of the prophets (SAW) but everything in Qur'an was directed to the Leader of all Prophets.

He's been addressed in the Qur'an WITH PRONOUN times without number and by name for four times.

Well said. I was just trying to show him that Jesus is well honored in Islam. Of course, Muhammad (saw) is the seal of all prophets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by tylesh(f): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Thank you Baba Kekere!
Interesting!

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Chuzoetoh(m): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sepetonri:

Yes o, and it taste good. Mad boy.
mad sister. Sepetonri I swear na werey you be
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Guru9ja(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
ericmor:
R.I.P the best Lagos state government ever
Good evening sir, i saw your comment about international passport in osogbo. Please I need your help about getting international passport in osogbo office through express way. I need a link in the office. Plss if you know anyone there I will really appreciate. Its very urgent sir
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Btruth: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Baba Jakande. You were the true hero of Lagos State. Others are looters.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Fembleez1(m): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rest in Peace Pa Jakande!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by davidtemi(m): 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Dis man gave my family home yrs back with little change and in instalment...jakande estate, abesan ipaja. Same was sold out at a very price to send my brother abroad. THANK YOU FOR TOUCHING MY FAMILY. MAY YOU SLEEP AT THE BODSOM OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY. REST WELL SIR

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by akdunoma(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
In just 1 term (4 years) as Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande ensured qualitative free education to all, provided low and medium cost housing for the masses, opened up Lagos with good quality roads, brought potable water to the people.
He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.
He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.
He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.
His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.
May his soul find peace. Amin.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ono(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2021
Truly a good name is better than several riches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / Female Soldier Buried In Camouflage After Her Tragic Death In Port-Harcourt.PICS / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.