Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,545 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (44481 Views)

Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies / Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by staga: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
The man that built Lagos. Started the Lagos rail project which the military powers that be decided to cancel in their wisdom, and now taking Chinese loans to complete.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
freaklyme:
See Animal wey Dey talk , Stupid bigot

E no pain me, we are higher animals but I bet you don't know that. Take your frustration else where or you kill yourself to save the earth. Mad fellow.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by djon78(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
He was a good man

Rest in peace Baba!!!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by iamclime(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
etrouble:
So LASU changes name to LAJU (Lateef Jakande University)
We're working on it! grin
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by flourish01(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Baba...
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by snitch37(f): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Sir.Respect
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by lexy2014: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
Racoon:
The man whose government kick start the revolutionizat-ion of the modern day Lagos.

But Tinubus fans have said that it's Tinubu that made Lagos what it is today
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by LeSaint(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
The only Nigerian person I'd like to be on my best day.
Rip, Bàbá Jak!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Epiphany2020: 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rest in Abraham's Bossom
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

I remember in the early 80s while I was in pry 2 and 3. We had good teachers.

The syllabus was strictly adhered to. Education was so good.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

You already wrote your epitaph with celestial ink, on stones so precious.

Thank you Baba Kekere!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by byinks(f): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Rest In Peace Baba. The best Lagos State Governor. Your legacies in Lagos will continue to be appreciated.

My condolences to the bereaved

Baba has done his own...an escaped from the mess at the right time.

Rest well LKJ.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by kingsley52(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nawa
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by omlueh(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sleep well BABA JAKANDE one of the great pioneer of Free Education of which I'm a benefactor, all your many other good legacies will continue to speak for you not like the thieves we have now calling themselves polithieftians. Rest well BABA.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Yoighaman(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

Wow...fantastic eulogy, I'm sure his head would 'swell' upon hearing this.

May God grant him eternal rest.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by IME1: 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mays he rest in peace

He left a lasting legacy
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Bmaster(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP to the dead.

Meanwhile,the first dude that commented on this thread is highly grammatically educated.

His intellects and English really offs me.

Kudos to him

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by planetx: 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
josite:

he carries tha agbada well rolled up in his house.he was a great governor indeed.but put a mark on his own reputation by going along with abacha
That was a payback to Abiola and his treatment of Awolowo.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by adebopo: 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
lalasticlala:
The first Civilian Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, is dead.

Announcing Lateef Jakande's death on Twitter, the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu wrote:

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1359827704762220545

https://punchng.com/breaking-ex-lagos-governor-lateef-jakande-dies-at-91/?amp=1
May Allah grant you Aljanah Firdaus.
we enjoy the best primary and secondary education during your time as Lagos state governor. .
we will miss you Baba kekere
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by etrouble: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Thank you Baba Kekere!

You be my Classmate. How many grandchildren you don get?

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by gozzlin: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
Heard so much about his grand works in advancing Lagos state.

Rest in peace sir.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by michoim(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
Wao!!! RIP. What a great man indeed!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
lexy2014:

But Tinubus fans have said that it's Tinubu that made Lagos what it is today

The Lagos of today is different from the Lagos of the early 80s. There were inconsistencies, interruptions and abandonment during the military era.

Jakande initiated the Metro line when it was easy to construct to spread to every part of Lagos to cater for future increments in Population. Now, we have congestion.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by moffat(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
BABA KEKERE Your legacy live4ever RIP
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by michoim(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
TimeManager:
The man died with the most effective Governance template on Education, Civil service, transportation, low housing estate.etc. Jakande birthed a railway project which Buhari foolishly cancelled based on his shallow mindedness. Many years after, Buhari is back to implement a railway project with accompanying debt burden payable by all Nigerians.

Adieu Baba Kekere

Kiss the truth!
Comments from a stupid mind!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
koning:
At a ripe old age of 91. RIP. Most of the 1979 set of governors are dead now. As far as i can remember only Jim Nwobodo is still alive.

Solomon Lar, Abubakar Rimi, the then governor of Benue state, all dead.

Jakande will be immortalized. The real Jagaban.

you are right o, of all 19, Nwobodo is the last man standing!!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by adefat(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
May Allah in His infinity mercy grant baba kekere janat Fridaos

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by emmatuegbe(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2021
He left indelible mark on the marble. His legacy cannot not be matched, even to leaders yet to be born. He set the pace of development, of what Lagos is today. He was never ambitious. His goal for Lagos was selfless altruistic, and genuine. It will be hard to find your match today. Rest on patriot.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by aviazuva: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
oh Jakande !
Rip Sir
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Youngminister(m): 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
Jakande Estates
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by akokaite(m): 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
May his soul Rest In Peace Amin.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by stolaonipekun: 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
of the greatest lasuite the real founder of our school is dead RIP to him
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by YorubaPrince: 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
talk2hb1:
Allah Akbar

Terrorist spotted! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ganduje: I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso If I Had Met Him In Aso Rock (Video) / PDP Members Shield Dogara During Fracas-video / Bomb Blast In Yola This Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.